Chapter 43: Ambushing Red Monkey
279 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 43: Ambushing Red Monkey

***

Vlad didn't rush himself to go out, and instead took his time to explore the workshop, as if he owned the whole place, which started annoying the old man who only wanted to work in peace.

"Are you also deaf? Haven't you heard me? Get out."

On the other hand, Vlad ignored that comment and reached his hand toward a part of a cabinet, pulling out a box with jewelry, later asking Titania who at first got annoyed by the mean remarks of the old blind.

"What's inside the box? I can make out some pieces with roundness by clicking my tongue."

"Sigh, brat, just leave that box. That's all the crap that I failed to pull together."

"Failures? Then melt them down and make something that is worth money." added Vlad, who took in his hands the various pieces of jewelry, having a feel for himself, while Titania too took her time to check on the jewels, some, in particular, stealing some glances from her.

She grabbed Vlad's finger, pressing in it on the jewels that she fancy, which the latter with a casual nod, turned his attention back on the old man that paused from working, as if expecting some questions.

"From my partner's reaction, it seems your work isn't half bad, old man. How much for a piece from you?"

"A man taking fancy of jewels? Hah, can you drop lower?"  mocked the old man, while crossing his legs, giving off an arrogant aura about himself, which was like a challenge letter to Vlad.

Humming, he started thinking about his former life and the jewels under his possession, which was rather a humble number. Overall, he wasn't attached to the idea of collecting jewels, nor was he someone that admired Jewelry like the rest of the European Monarchs.

Still, from his own memories and what the Saxon Craftsman mentioned to him, his Princely Crown had a large value on it, since it contained a lot of jewel stones that raised its value, such as high-quality pearls and a large Ruby being the centerpiece.

Thus he wasn't interested in Harls work, instead wanted to make the old man work for him, just so he gets some revenge by giving him an insane task that came to his mind after hearing his foul mouth.

'I'll have this old man make a bracelet to match with my Necklace. Maybe a ring could do the job, but where it's filled with lots of details. And also a necklace for my little Titania.'

Thinking in his mind about the necklace that belonged to the boy called Charles, and by extension being his own.

Walking closer to the old man, with a shrewd smile on his cold expression, he asked his request.

"From your tone you sound like some important guy. A Craftsman whose reputation resounds wide and far. However, would you wish to craft something for my taste? Maybe prove your skills to me."

"A simple bracelet or a ring. You can choose from one of those two, what you're most capable of doing."

Old Harl, smirked right in Vlad's face, and with a disinterested tone, he shut down all of Vlad's schemes.

"I don't have to prove anything to you brat. Besides, I am busy working on a piece of a Princess. Someone far above you by status, power and money."

"Hoh, a Princess you say?"

"How much does she pay?"

"Plenty of money that you can't even count. Fuck, I finally found out what I was doing wrong in Princess Sophie's necklace. I have to improve the pendant mechanism, and try some modeling on each piece to check if they bind together."

"Right, about you, brat. I reject working for you. Hmph, pulling a sword to my throat. That's outrageous. Besides, I have the right to select any of my customers, so I invite you out, as I have far more important work to complete."

Telling his mind to Vlad, old Harl sees how Vlad didn't comment anything back which made him put an arrogant smirk on his face and return back to his work, but what he didn't expect was for Vlad to continue remaining inside his workshop, checking around together with Titania, as if they were thieves.

Harl didn't care about them searching around relics of his past, failures of his craft, but when he started working on the gears again, a mocking and sarcastic remark got to his ears, which had him frowning.

"So much crap. How can you call yourself a Craftsman, if you have so many rejects? Shouldn't a Craftsman be at the pinnacle of one's art?

Also, would an actual Craftsman deny such an easy task? A bracelet? I didn't even ask you to make me a crown, so what are we talking about here?

Just admit you are only a rambling old man."

Harl almost snapped when hearing this comment, and was about to accept Vlad's task, but the thought of playing according to this young man's tune, stopped him. Instead, what he replied was something that made Vlad smile coldly, as if knowing he failed in his tactics.

"Piss off, little shit, I have the right to accept or not. I also don't need your money."

"Wuahaha, fine, I'll leave you alone. Do that necklace for that little Princess of yours, for all I care. So you know, if I improve this technique of yours, you'll be the first person I come to tell about it."

"Yea sure, I don't give a shit. Also good luck with that."

"I will remember those words of yours, and they will come to bite you in the ass for sure. I have this feeling."

"Sure, sure, now can you piss off and leave me alone so I can work in peace?"

"Don't die, stupid old man. I'll visit you in a couple of years."

"Heh, I might outlast you piece of shit. Unlike you I play it smart, keeping my skin together instead of going from place to place in search of something that doesn't exist.

You are just like those pirates in their search for One Piece, searching for something nonexistent." remarked old Harl, waving his hands as if shooting out an annoying dog.

Vlad chuckled, finding this old man rather cute, making him conflicted with both good thoughts and bad thoughts, wanting to mess up this old man, but also not since he received a good technique from him, even though he concluded how it worked.

In short, he succeeded in stealing the technique.

And without bothering himself with the old man, Vlad leaves his workshop, where he starts clicking his tongue to perceive his surroundings using this genius method that resembles some animals.

'This method, how couldn't I think about it? Just by doing those clicks, I can perceive the objects around me, painting out an image in my head.'

"Vlad, are you alright?" asked Titania who saw Vlad keep on a wide smile on his face while clicking his tongue.

"More than alright. This method will ease up those depressive moments where I ask myself if I could get my sight back. I can see now that small light at the end of the tunnel."

Titania's mood also improved when hearing Vlad say that this technique he picked up from the blind old man, improved his situation, and to celebrate with him, she patted his neck, from where she was standing.

"Good, good, you also have to tell me that technique and explain it in a way I can understand." commented the Fairy, already curious about the echolocation technique Vlad just stumbled upon.

"I still have to ponder a lot about the reasons for why those things happen to me. Once I have my answers, I will tell you everything."

.

Walking toward the center of the courtyard where he could perceive clearer the trees covering this place, and the various ornaments inside, along with someone sitting on a chair. That someone, was old Grabert being stationary as always, sitting on something he presumed to be a chair, receiving his remark.

"Wow, you actually lasted so long inside that annoying old fuck?"

"I CAN HEAR YOU, STUPID FORGER!"

"So what, you probably made it hard for this young man, so suck a big sack of balls, annoying fool."

Harl and Grabert had an interesting back-and-forth of curses until both ignored each other, where Grabert, later on, asked Vlad with a smile on his face.

"Did he tell you how to see around, or want me to beat him?"

"No need to be violent. That old man clearly doesn't fear death. I've threatened him already, and it doesn't work."

"That's because he has Vermilion's backing. Once the news that the Craftsman of the Kaysang Royal Family died, all hell will get loose inside South Blue. That old blind even has the protection of Elder Greenwood, so it is not a surprise he acts so arrogantly."

"Doesn't matter, I didn't come here to kill people. Besides, I got everything I came looking for, so let's get going. I have other things to do beside ranting about how "unfortunate" and "mistreated" I felt.

Grabert nodded his head, but still didn't wish to get his ass up from the chair he was staying, relaxing his back on a comfortable pillow, and his chill, laid back approach made Vlad almost break his cold, indifferent appearance.

"Where's the rush? Calm. Come, take a sip from this wine. Is from the honey grape wine."

"Just take the bottle with yourself and get going. Haven't I told you that you have pain in your body because you are stationary?" replied Vlad, who shook his head, not wishing to waste more of his time, on taking turns at drinking.

"... But drinking in this manner is the best method." mentioned Grabert holding his bottle of wine, which Titania could guess he drank directly, unlike how Vlad used to drink his wine, using a specific glass.

Vlad pondered on that comment, and he could agree with his point.

"I guess, you aren't wrong, but then, You think alchemy is easy and in an instant? No, sir, it takes a long time."

Saying that, he walked toward Grabert and while clicking his tongue he could perceive the glass bottle inside the old man's hand that he, with a scooping movement, grabbed hold of the bottle.

In doing so, taking Grabert by surprise at how fast Vlad was in actuality, reminding him of a certain someone belonging to the Jade Town.

"Let's get it done with, time is of the essence."

Saying that sniffed the bottle for the flavor and right before the old man's eyes, he downed the whole wine bottle as if it was water.

"Ahhh, wait, wait. Leave some for me too. That's premium wine right there."

On the other hand, Vlad didn't stop whatsoever, keeping on gulping the red liquid that was like the elixir of life, until he burped in the old man's face.

"Pardon me. That's some bad manners from my campaigns against the Ottomans."

"Damn!!!! What now? I could only enjoy half of the bottle."

"That's plenty. Now let's go."

Grabert turned his head at the small house, where a thought started rising up, giving him an idea.

Yet that idea was swiftly shut down by the voice of an old man coming from the Workshop.

"If you drink a bottle then that's all you shall have. The rest are reserved for Elder Greenwood."

.

Grabert's expression turned serious, and while clearing his throat, he nodded and departed from Harl's courtyard along with Vlad, whose interest got picked by the name 'Greenwood'.

"This Elder Greenwood. Is he the leader of Skyfruit Temple?"

"Pretty much. Everyone looks up to Elder with mad respect since he is the protector of Jade Town and Athkatla Island. We don't have the presence of marines or pirates inside the island because no one wants to mess with him.

Vlad's abyssal eyes looked with a cold glimmer, his interest being picked by this person, and while walking with Grabert toward the Market, the young and old discussed casual stuff, and with time Vlad shared some personal information about himself with regard to Picodras.

"Seems like a nice place to live, Picodras Island. Clearly, the leaders of the city have done a great job at building their community, unlike other places, such as Bulge Island."

"There's been some merchants who shared stories about that place, about how the island is controlled by a pirate called Charles Vane, extorting people of their money.

Have you experienced such a thing?"

"All that you've heard from those merchants is correct. However, things are bound to move in the good direction for the people of Bulge. In my stay an interesting event happened where a bounty hunter killed Charles Vane and all those pirates."

Hiss "Someone actually managed to kill that pirate? I heard only the Elder could defeat him. At least from the gossip circling on the town."

After the two arrived inside the Market, Vlad started looking around for plants, all according to a chaotic recipe, that he planned building on the spot, by using the plants which were useful in alleviating the inflammation and lowering the pain the one in suffering was experiencing.

The Market of Jade Town in contrast to Fiddler City was far bigger, yet still paled in comparison to the one from Picodras, however, this place like the rest of the city had a welcoming atmosphere about it.

Everyone from the sellers to the buyers were in a chaotic harmony with everyone knowing what they were looking for, except to Vlad and Grabert, who were touring around the Market in search for herbs.

"Where are the Herbs, old Grabert? You said there are herbs here."

"Young friend, I swear, there should be two young herb sellers. Let me think about where they used to place their booths."

After a couple of minutes, Vlad was walking along with the old man, he wasn't upset by not finding those herb sellers, instead took his time to explore the Market by using his newly discovered echolocation ability that was still in its first stages.

Just like being able to see where one would perceive a lot of colors, the echolocation acted in a different manner but that didn't mean he wasn't perceiving something, instead, his brain was beginning to plastify, beginning to work on the last tuning process, adjusting itself to the echolocation.

'I feel tired from only doing this for 1 hour? This technique is really energy consuming but is worth all my money. I will continue training this technique inside Jade Town since it's a hospitable place, and depart after about one month, in June.'

Moving along with Grabert, a headache began settling down, making Titania worry about him, and also Grabert who noticed Vlad rubbing his temples, as in an attempt to ease up his pain.

"Vlad, what happened to you?"

"Nothing, little Titania. Nothing. My mind is still not strong enough to handle so much information and pressure. I'll have to take it slowly with this technique."

Ending saying that, he took out his black walking cane, and returned back on using a technique he didn't learn how to call, or even knowing he was doing it, but in scientific terms, what Vlad used was called Passive Echolocation.

Passive Echolocation was a technique where humans use natural environmental echoes to sense details about their environment.

"Young man, if you want to take a break. Just tell me, I don't want to force you into anything." told old Grabert, looking around for some benches on the Market, to guide Vlad and settle down.

Nevertheless, Vlad shook his head, and continued his walk inside the Market, following Grabert to the location he remembered the herb sellers to be stationed.

"They are not here. Hey, can someone tell me where those 2 brats have gone?" asked the old man, the merchants in the area, who looked at one another, until someone replied.

"After they sold all the herbs they came with, they didn't return."

"Tsk, exactly when I needed them? What bad luck."

"Old Grabert, what needs do you have for herbs? Use them for firepower?" joked, some merchant, who recognized the old man, in doing so making the whole audience crack in laughter.

"Haha, how funny. No, you dumbass. I need herbs for my body. Does anyone have an idea of where those two brats came from?"

"How much for the information?" asked another younger merchant, who continued making fun of Grabert.

"One kick in your ass, and also tell your old man to nag you for wasting your money at the tavern and hookers." responded the old man, in a sarcastic way, making the rest of the audience laugh at the younger guy.

"Fuck, okay, okay. No need to be so brutal, old man. Those two brats are from Skyfruit Temple. The red-headed one is called Arkhan and the brown-haired one is called Amak. I told you what I wanted, you better don't rat me out to my pops."

"I will think about it."

Grabert turned his head to look at Vlad whose eyes remained close, and with a half-smiling face, he told him.

"It seems we have to get to Skyfruit Temple."

"I don't mind, that was the second location I wanted to go to on this island, since I am interested in reading some of this island's books. One of my hobbies in fact while settling down from my long journeys is to read and explore the cultures."

"Not bad, but I can't help you with that. Just guide you to the temple."

Like this, once settling down the following plan, Vlad started to follow Grabert toward another place of Jade Town, and along the way he could sense using his tongue clicks that he was out of the city, starting to climb a small mountain that according to Titania was exactly the mountain they saw from a distance.

About 20 minutes after they started the mountain Grabert's old body started showing signs of fatigue, and sensing that Vlad picked him up on his back, began to ascend the mountain with the old man on his back.

"Young Vlad, your muscles are like rocks. I never imagined that a doctor could be so strong, body wise."

"In my own world, I have to train my body so I can protect myself. Especially while blind where all sort of idiots pick on you. Being prepared, is the easiest way of blocking suck stupid attempts."

"Anyway, don't worry, we'll get to the mountaintop soon."

"Wait, the mountain top? No, no, you've taken the wrong path. You'll go into a dangerous area of the mountain."

"That's a shortcut." remarked Vlad, not minding old Grabert's comments that much, continuing his ascent using his walking cane, making his climb seem exactly like in the past, when he climbed Galerna Mountain.

"FUCK! FUCK! You don't have to climb the mountain walls! What are you doing?? This is dangerous."

"This is dangerous? Pff, don't be silly. Hold tight, you too Titania. That's the advantage of being blind, you aren't followed by tricky tracks, which leads to all sorts of traps. You are creating your own path ahead leading to success."

Ending saying that, in about 5 minutes that made Grabert's heart beat so fast that he thought he would die from heart failure, being calmed down only when Titania whispered to him some shocking words about Vlad, with regard to Galerna Mountain.

'Damn it, this boy is a monster! He climbed a mountain so big and dangerous, full of abyssal drops? Then, it's indeed a piece of cake for him to climb such a small mountain.'

He could only think those in his mind, but when finding himself on stable ground, Grabert could see that they got into a forested part of the Jade Mountain, which was rather mesmerizing.

"I think we are close to that Temple." remarked Vlad in a casual way, making the old man look around himself, finding this place he was in an unknown.

"I have no idea where we are."

"Me neither, but I can feel we are close to a place lived by people."

"How? I can't see anything but a forest."

"I don't know, old man. I just can feel weird things, old man. Anyway, ready for the easy part?"

"I'll walk by myself. I had enough palpitations for the rest of my years." commented Grabert, making Vlad humming a weird tune to the old man, which in fact was his twisted [Dragon's Sorrow]

Walking on the forest, it didn't take long for Vlad to suddenly stop, and react by looking up in the sky.

"INTRUDERS!! What are you doing in Jade Mountain? Are you the enemy mentioned by Pops?"

Then from nowhere, Titania and Grabert could see from the sky, a red monkey holding a small staff, having his lower body covered by clothes appeared from nowhere, attacking Vlad who instead of panicking, opened his abyssal eyes and started to click his tongue.

*Click*

*Click*

"Ohoo, a weird creature like the Guardian from Galerna Mountain. This will be interesting."

 

Cheer me up! Rate! Comment! Review!
— Patre0n: patre0n.com/Morpheus146 — Discord: https://discord.gg/CMsHqJVDVD

14