Chapter 84: Bonney’s return to the Castle
166 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 84: Bonney's return to the Castle


One month quickly passed when people had something to do and focus on, and the same story was applied to Everfall City and its people, suffering the passage of time, and bringing new changes all over this turbulent month for the populace of Sorbet Kingdom.

The news about the fight that ensued inside Everfall against a pink-haired young lady and the black-haired woman where he was on the losing end spread like wildfire over the days, but what was more shocking to them was the true identity of the pink-haired girl Kylian was trying to capture …

She was Princess Anne Cormac, the Heiress of the Sorbet Kingdom Throne, who was thought to never show her face to the common people, being under the protection of the Queen Mother.

When the news of the conflict first entered in Vlad's ears, he thought about killing the man the next day he would go to the Castle, but Bonney managed to convince him to drop his initial intent because a greater conflict would begin between him and his family.

Left with no choice but to agree with his young ladies, he dropped this matter, but this didn't mean someone else would be so kind as to forgive Kylian's transgressions.

Queen Conney summoned Kylian on the next day after that incident, and in a private conversation, she berated him.

"Brat, who told you to act against Anne and try to capture her to bring her back? DID I TELL YOU TO ACT?!"

"No, madame."

"Then why would you make Anne distance herself far more than I can manage? You accuse me for sending her to the "Wolf's Den" but it is you fools who push on her buttons into fully embracing her new identity."

"I know my mistake, madame."

"You better do … Hah, now what. I have to think how to appease Dracul from not killing you."

"Kill me?"

Kylian was taken aback by how straight the old Queen was with him, even warning him from the start about the possibility he might die in the Devil's hands, and rubbing her temples to alleviate some of the pain she was feeling in those moments, she nodded.

"Didn't Taelar share his story about what happened to Yehimal? What creature they had to face to get liberated? Who was the one to defeat it? None?"

"... No. He said he would do it later when time allows it."

"Then let me tell you … That person you try to get into a fight with by harassing Anne and her new friends, is a person who awakened his Haki, and even managed to slay the beast who enslaved Taelar for 20 years.

Imagine, Taelar who has Armament Haki being lowered to a slave by some abomination, only for this monster to be played like a fiddle by this Dracul."

"... I doubt this is so grave …"

"LISTEN BRAT! You are just like my son, so I don't want to lose you to some misunderstanding. Drop any attempts at getting in contact with Anne."

"But, why, madame?? Would this make her get closer to that guy?"

"It's her choice, and she is old enough to do as she wishes. When I was 18 years old I became Queen, she still needs to grow and experience life."

"..."

Kylian, who was discussing yesterday's incident, continued to get berated by the old lady, who kept him inside her private chamber for some long hours.

At the same time, Kylian was scolded by Queen Conney, in other parts of Everfall a lanky man with a frail figure was working tirelessly inside a red-lighted room, while next to him was a gorgeous blonde woman with shoulder-length hair assisting him with the process of bringing life to a couple of pictures.

"This is it! Yeah, come to me baby!"

The man shouted like a crazed person as he looked at the final product of his maniacal work which was to make his pictures colored, and his assistant also took a long look at the pictures revealing the figure of a devilish young man wearing a High-Noble attire, in various postured that highlighted his masculine traits.

"MY MAGNUM OPUS!! I will surely get an award from the Ladies for my hard work. What do you think, Estrid?"

She took the picture from Knut's hand, and as she was looking at Vlad's cold devilish look, especially his deep abyssal eyes that could instill fear in a person just by watching the picture.

She did a sigh and a small moan while mentioning to the photographer.

"I am sure, lady Stussy would love this specimen."

"But of course. And as I look at you, I am sure you'll probably search for him, and get more rewards."

"Can I make a copy of the pictures? For my own use …"

"I will handle it."

Moving along with another quick process of copying the pictures he brought to life, with two sets of copies, one for himself and for his assistant, he later on walked to another section of the Marine Base the common marines had no access, only reserved for the Captain of the Base and the people with specific credentials.

"Where did I place that card given by lady Stussy? Ahh, right, it's in my hat."

Taking off his top hat, he, later on, placed his hand inside the hat where a small pocket was located holding a small card made out of some strange materials.

「Special Cipher Poll Agent - Knut Beepeck」

Placing the card inside an identification device, the automated door opened up by itself, revealing some piece of technology that was rare in this corner of the world, yet being held in this Marine Base.

After stepping inside the room, it looked to be an office room, with only some transmission machinery used for communication and some Seagulls that looked completely different from the News Coo.

"Let's give those birds their indication and the cargo, and we'll be done with today's job. By next month I will go to Briss Kingdom, and later on to Bourgeois Kingdom in Paradise, since I heard there is a gorgeous Young Prince called Cavendish Roilsard.

I am sure the ladies would love to take a look at that young one."

Arriving in front of one of the three Seagulls in this room, he took from his briefcase a small package that was secured tightly, which he placed in a compartment in the body of the Seagull, and as he did what he was supposed to do, the bird started beeping before taking off.

"What strange creatures. I heard they are something Dr. Vegapunk worked on to ease up the errors the normal Seagulls would make when transporting small cargo by air."

"Nothing that I should concern … since I am only a Photographer with some better connections."

.

As days passed in that turbulent month, inside a spacious mansion standing on a piece of land that only a small percentage of the World's population could say they own it, where guards wearing gray medieval knight's armor kept watching even though it was almost certain no disturbance would be brought in this part of the World.

This was where the mysterious blonde woman wearing a gorgeous white dress revealing all of her curvaceous body watched some pictures in the relaxing chair made of rare pelts of beasts spanning the entire world.

It was a set of pictures she received in the morning according to her servants coming from one of her great photographers Knut Beepeck, revealing to her a similarly mysterious young man who had a devilish appearance that stole her ocean-blue eyes.

It was a tall man, someone who wasn't tall in a grotesque fashion like some of the many men she met in her life, nor was he small to give the impression he was an inferior specimen, he was in the perfect height range for the Celestial Ladies.

He had dense ink-black hair which could give you the impression Night was his mother, for blessing him with such a deep color. For certain combined with his abyssal black eyes, it could give someone the impression he hit the lottery when it came to appearance traits and genetics.

Her blue eyes stared intently at the picture of the devilish man and began playing with her curly blonde hair. Her interest in the stunning young man was caught, without the fisherman even being at the lake to check his baits.

"What should I do, little doctor? I am confused, yesterday was the limit day, and I even made sure to announce Knut on his new dial number. Tch, tch, should I keep you for myself?"

The mysterious woman said her remark in a playful manner, something the servants standing on standby could perceive.

A playful contemplation that makes her similarly gorgeous servants check on the picture only to be left pleasantly surprised by how handsome the black-haired man was.

"Ohh my, what a hotty! Sir Knut for sure doesn't disappoint when it comes to finding the right guys."

"Of course, you don't know how much trouble I went to recruit Knut to work for me. I even had to work extra to give him a Special Cipher Pol Identification Card, so he could travel unbothered by the Marines and the lower scum."

"Yet, this isn't the point, I will make sure Knut will be taken care of. Still, what should I do with our young doctor? Should I add him to the journal? Or keep it to myself?"

"To be so cruel with the Ladies in Mary Geoise, I pity them." remarked one of the blonde woman's servants in a playful tone.

"Heh, now you just reminded me of my little chat with our young doctor. Truly, an interesting individual."

*Giggle* As if this delicious body could belong to some doctor. Mistress, look at the muscle definition on his upper area. Wow, even his abdominals are perfect." added another of her servants to the blonde woman, who only smiled a little bit.

As the women in that room were having a discussion on Vlad's appearance and body, Stussy took a pen in her hand and started writing something, confusing her servants.

"The journal hasn't been published yet, I'll do this change at the last moment, and add our young doctor on the front cover. Hehehe, this will surely make him a wanted man, but not like those Pirates, instead wanted to become one of the Celestial Noblewomen Gigolo."

*Laughter*

"I doubt he could handle their thirst."

"That remains to be checked for another time."

.

Back in Sorbet Kingdom, the days went by quickly for Vlad who intended on fulfilling his deal with Queen Conney, taking his 20 students and the addition of Viril and his old acolytes where he would spend 8 hours in teaching them in an intensive manner what they should know as future doctors.

Later on, after finishing his class he would move to the Royal Library and indulge himself with random books until his eyes would get tired and force him to stop.

He would start his day by training himself, and also watching over Bonney and Eleine's training, who suffered a great impulse to make them get even rowdier, emboldened, and desiring to get stronger so an incident such as the one that happened with Kylian will never repeat itself.

Bonney wanted to get stronger and reach closer to Eleine and was wishfully thinking of reaching Vlad's level of mastery in the sword arts, but the elder was sure to give some encouraging remarks to keep her spirits ablaze into growing stronger.

「Vlad, when you get old like me … I hope you will act patiently with your people. They might be slow at first, unable to understand your ways and bright mind. Not everyone is privileged to have a tutor and be taught all the arts.」

「You have to remember, just like how I don't get angry at you for messing around, or not doing your homework … this is how you should be with your future subjects. Just like my own father told me in his old age … A True Teacher is the person who would be a student's champion. 」

「The one who never gives up on the students, someone who insists his students become the best versions that they can possibly be.」

When Vlad was facing those girls who were doing everything they could humanly do to improve themselves, it made the mature Ruler only smile and remember that old piece of memory of when he was only 8 years old, facing his old Greek Teacher with a pure and innocent appearance.

With his older memories reinforcing his patience when it came to his close companions that made his day ever so slightly brighter, continued on giving them top-notch education that only Royals of a country would receive apart from the swordplay and various martial arts he was sharing with them.

Nonetheless, they surprised Vlad pleasantly with their rate of assimilation and how they didn't give him time to relax, always bringing out new questions and requesting him to redemonstrate his techniques for a better understanding.

The only person in the group who didn't want to interact with Vlad whatsoever was Dalyon who had his secret training in his cabin pushing his Haki to his limits, a subtle technique of concentrating his energy in a condensed armor encasing his body.

It was something that Vlad didn't concern himself with as of yet, because he wasn't considering ever slacking his training, maybe if not doing it daily, he would certainly do it 4-5 times per week.

Yet, in this period of time the Kingdom did certain things which surprised Vlad in this regard.

King Taelar summoned the first Diet in the many years of his absence, and with such a "graceful" act, Vlad gained the new opportunity of studying from a distance the Elite of this kingdom.

Using his keen hearing, when all the preparations for the Diet were completed and each nobleman or noblewoman of the Sorbet arrived at the Castle to participate and have their long-due reunion with their former king, Taelar, Vlad also attended from the side.

Was he inside the large meeting room, like the other nobles, or exchanging ideas with whoever? Not at all, only his hearing was present in those moments, listening to Taelar and what plans he might have for him.

However, once he understood it was only administrative work and bringing a new vision, it made Vlad not care so much about their talks and plans for their future, yet, remained with his hearing in the room, while also watching his students receive one of his tests, which silenced the room.

With the Diet scheduled to run for 3 days, Vlad lost all of his interest and dropped spying on them, finding it pointless and wasting his time that could have channelled on better use dealing with his aspiring doctors, but it was exactly the plan of an individual who foreseen that Vlad who was currently in the castle might have used his inhumane abilities to take part of their national interests.

Taelar, who was only with Kylian in his own private room, had a serious expression as he asked the blue-haired middle-aged man.

"Has that Devil walked out of the Castle?"

"Yes, sir. The guards confirmed to me, and some of those lanky guys, I had them report to me if they saw the bastard showing to be distracted in his "classes"."

"Good, then let's start my plan. Hmph, he thinks that just because he has the power to murder us if we don't do as he say, that we'll stay with our hands in the pocket."

Saying that, with a Dial-Snail in his hand, he started forming a number which connected to a distant snail thousands of miles away from Sorbet Kingdom, yet the time he had to wait made Taelar worry a bit, having all sorts of thoughts, until someone finally answered him.

"Hello? This is Sengoku speaking, who might call this private number of mine?"

"Sengoku, it's me, Taelar."

"... That voice … But how? I heard from Conney you died on that blasted mountain in your country."

"It's a long story that would take me days to tell you… Old friend, I request some help from you, in dealing with a dangerous kid who plans something evil for my Kingdom."

"... My position doesn't allow me to take sudden breaks, so I can't venture to South Blue …"

"You've become the Fleet Admiral, Sengoku?"

"Indeed, old friend. This is why I can't leave Marineford to help you … However, I have a guy who just returned to Marineford, and he might be interested in seeing you, and having a chat."

"Who? Sengoku, don't send some brats who can't make this person step down. His power is akin to one of your skilled Rear Admirals … if not reaching the level of a Vice Admiral since I didn't see him go all-out in that cursed land."

"Someone with such a power lives in South Blue? Could it be a returning Pirate from the Grand Line or the New World?"

"I doubt it since he is young. His name is Vlad Dracul, if it rings a bell to you."

*BEEHEE* Taelar could hear the call of a goat, which reminded him of how Sengoku from a young age loved animals, especially Goats from his Homeland of Roshwan Kingdom.

"It doesn't, but it is worth noting it down and searching if he is a Pirate or a Criminal. Taelar, it is great to hear your voice, but I am about to get into a meeting."

"Wait, who are you sending? Someone, I know?"

"That would be Garp. I doubt you forgot about him, so expect him to arrive in Sorbet Kingdom in one month's time. Until then, drag it out if this individual you are speaking about isn't hostile to your Kingdom."

"Garp … Then I will no longer worry about this Devil I have at my home. Take care, old friend."

"Likewise."

Taelar stared at Kylian when the call ended, and the middle-aged man could see a shrewd smile on the elder's expression.

"See, lad, this is why we are paying billions of bellies for the Heavenly Tribute, it is so when such bastards like that Dracul guy can be squashed."

"So … the one who will come to assist us is, Garp the Hero? Aren't we set for success, old man?"

"Act like you used to be moments ago before the call, so we don't give that Devil some ideas, because he has Observation Haki and will be keen on picking up those small changes in our behavior."

"Understood, but I still hate that little Anne remaining with that bastard. Hmph, even being threatened that I will get impaled right in my face by that fucker."

"It will be fine, since he doesn't suspect anything. The plan will begin when Anne has to choose. We better prepare a speech to sway her to us … An attempt at breaking the spell she is under, from that Devil."

.

All of their planning and scheming were oblivious to Vlad who continued the following day the same, all until the second week when Vlad, to everyone's surprise, brought another person that was a sensitive subject around the Rock King's Castle.

It was a pink-haired beauty wearing a medieval-styled coat belonging to Vlad who he couldn't wear it, but with Eleine moving at various tailors in Everfall, she fit them for their own bodies.

Her developing silhouette and body could be seen by the curious guards who gathered to see their returning Princess, confirming the myth about her beauty.

"Welcome home, Princess Anne!" called out Captain Cohm, who was on duty at the Castle's entrance.

Bonney just like Vlad, only nodded her head a bit at the greeting guards, acquainted with the Royal Guards positioned on duty, before moving together on the same pathway, until Vlad stopped in front of his Classroom, turning at Bonney who still had to move a bit more to get to her target.

Arranging her hair and even checking a bit her face like how a father would do his daughter, with a smile, the blushing young girl heard him.

"Little Bon Bon, you don't have to worry about anything with me in the Castle. Your grandmother also agreed to my request as I told you. Just have a heart-to-heart conversation, and find answers to your questions without any timidity."

"Mhm, thank you for helping me out with this. You even guessed right, that most Guards would be on break, so the commotion is on a smaller scale."

He was still arranging her hair, before taking a look at her clothes and making sure to sort her out, resulting in Bonney being unable to hold a remark.

"Can you not? I made sure to not look like some beggar, that's enough."

"Non, non. My little lady has to look stunning. What a father figure would I be, if I can't even look after my little girl? Now, you are good. The coat fits you perfectly, and it would for sure make a lot of High-Noble ladies jealous if they see you right now."

She was still blushing and mellowed down when hearing Vlad viewing himself like a father to her, something she couldn't deny since her interaction so far with him had that inclination. Even when he would teach her and most of their interactions gave her the impression Vlad was older than his body age showed.

"If you hear me raising my voice a bit, or the granny raising her voice. Don't worry. I am no longer the same little girl, fearing to respond back to her."

"Okay, my rebellious, little girl. Take care." said Vlad caressing her face, watching her enter a room at the end of the hallway where they were located.

"I always wanted a daughter to dote on her, but it was just that God sent in my way only boys."

He also entered his classroom, later getting to his seat while watching his "students" for some minutes where he listened using his Observation Haki on what was happening inside Conney's private room until he opened his mouth to discuss with the aspiring doctors.

Meanwhile, inside another part of the Castle, the news about Bonney's return to the castle reached the ears of two individuals who frowned immediately at the news.

"What?? That Devil brought Anne home? Where is she right now?" asked Taelar when facing the Royal Guard who reported to him, while Kylian also looked with intent at the guard.

"I heard that she went to visit the Queen, Your Majesty. I don't know any further details on this matter."

"Understood, you can withdraw."

Being left alone with Kylian, he started tapping on his desk, coming up with a plan.

"We got to talk with her and explain to her the dangers of associating with that person. Without showing any aggression on her, being neutral. Kylian, make sure to check on Conney's room and when Bonney exits the room, report back, I will be at the exit to greet her."

"Yes, sir."

Inside the Castle, Vlad could sense how the Guards started being deployed around, not matching with their normal patrolling path, but he wasn't concerned too much remaining inside the imposing building teaching his class until 6:25 PM and the questions appeared on the tongues of the Guards who failed to see Bonney when Queen Conney walked out from her room.

'That old woman knows how to scheme for sure. Half a century of ruling a country will get you that far in your chess strategies. Now, let's see what materials I can read today before I return to the ship to check on Bonney.'

Making his way to the Royal Library, everything looked the same in his daily schedule.

Fixated on managing his time like a clocksmith, he returned to the ship, getting to his Cabin where he was left alone, with Titania moving her bed and belongings in the girl's room, which surprised him.

It was a sudden decision, he didn't understand why, or bothered to find out. His schedule was too busy as of late.

*Knock*

*Knock*

"Can I enter? Or are you busy with something else?" asked a young woman whose tone was affected by emotions.

Vlad, who was at his desk writing some documents, stopped his night activity when hearing the newcomer knocking on his cabin's door and asking a sensible question.

"Enter. Haven't I told you not to worry when disturbing me?"

Receiving the answer, the pink-haired girl appeared in front of him with a disheartened, emotional expression with clear red circles around her eyes from the tears she shed.

"How is it, Bonney? Did she cooperate with you, and shared everything you wanted to know? Or should I do some more coercing to push her into giving in to your questions?"

"No, she told me everything I should know ... and now I really don't hate her as much as I used not too long ago."

"I see, you know that you can discuss anything you feel like with me. What's to me, making some time in my schedule?"

"Thank you, I want to talk with you about something else ... After I finished my talk with Grandmother ... I went into the slums to check on the young ones I looked after when I was hiding from the Royal Guards. Do you remember them?"

"Yeah, I do remember them, what about it? Did you find them mistreated?"

A Flashback was playing in front of Bonney's eyes with the young girl using a secret passage leading to the Slum of Everfall after having her long talk with Queen Conney who shared the tragic story of her mother, and what truly happened to her father.

'It's because of those Cursed Celestials that mom suffered so much that she chose to not betray dad.'

'Meanwhile, dad, to pay the Heavenly Tribute and to divert the wrath of the Celestial bastard who wanted mom to become his wife, agreed with a deal with the World Government to become a test subject for a new Programme of the one called Vegapunk.'

'Daddy didn't abandon me ... He just tried to protect me from those monsters, and at the same time keeping the Kingdom in his heart and doing his best to not destroy the lives of the simple people.'

'I don't know if I should share this with Vlad and the girls ... Maybe in the future, when I fully know them, I will allow myself to believe that I can leave my back in their care.'

8