Chapter 94: Passions and Hobbies
225 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 94: Passions and Hobbies


After having his breakfast while enjoying some wine from Picodras that reminded him of the 8 years he spent on that island with the ups and downs he experienced, where by his side the girls looked interested in trying his wine.

"Take some small glasses, since I will only give you a small sip."

He was serious when it came to his favourite wine, and he shared with the girls from his bottle of wine in a militaristic fashion, giving the impression he had a balanced weight in his hands.

"Come on, pour some more." requested Eleine who looked pitiful at the small glass that had about 50 ml of wine, feeling annoyed at how precise this black-haired man was in sharing around his possession.

"No."

"Pleaseee."

"No is no. What would I drink afterwards? That mouth-wash liquor from Sorbet Kingdom called Vodka? Or the juice from Baterilla?"

"..."

Bonney, who didn't complain about the amount of wine she received, tried the pink-redish wine with a gentle and enticing color that immediately kicked her tastebuds and little tongue with its sweet, floral and fragrant taste.

The pink-haired girl, akin to the Fairy, had bright smiles from how tasty this wine Vlad was enjoying on a daily basis, and unlike Eleine, they were glad to be part of this tasting session with one of the Rosés from Vlad's collection.

"Come on, just a bit more. Don't be stingy with me, pleaseee."

"Ridiculous. When have I been stingy with you Eleine?"

While Vlad and Eleine were having a playful argument about him not wanting to share with her, Bonney shifted her attention to Titania and with her hands on the kitchen table, she asked her with curiosity in her purple eyes and tone.

"Titania, does Picodras have a lot of wineries?"

"Mhmm, outside of the City there is the estate of mister Dugar who is in charge of judging the criminals of the island and also the one who controls the soldiers of the island."

"I see, so is this person like the King of the Island?"

Titania couldn't help but chuckle when she was asked this question, especially after giving Vlad a look, clearly not disturbed by what was being talked, as he was arguing with Eleine about something totally unrelated to the wine.

"If what I understand is correct, Picodras Island is like an Union of Cities, with the center of this Union being focused around Picodras. There is not a King, but instead the island is being led by a group of 9 people who are at 4 years elected by the Seniority of the Island."

Bonney, who never heard about such a governing system from her tutors and grandmother, got surprised for a bit, before asking the Fairy with a fascinated cheeks about someone not far from their seats.

"Well … Vlad … is he, one of those 9 people?"

"Hehh."

Titania grinned from ear to ear, as she noticed Bonney eying Vlad shyly, releasing a "Huh" of relief that he wasn't focused on her.

"Indeed, you have with you one of the leaders of Picodras, the Grandmaster of Alchemy and Esteemed Doctor of the City. Ahem, what other titles did you gain from mister Dugar, Vlad?"

"Genius of the Mother Isle, Son of the Seas, Miracle Hands, Grandmaster of Alchemy, Star among People, Respected Doctor of the High City. And recently I even gained one about my achievements of climbing Galena. Conqueror over the Highlands.

However, don't bother remembering all this wordplay, since no one in the Island cares about the titles." commented Vlad as he started sharing all of the titles he gained in about 8 years of existence in Picodras, confusing Eleine and Bonney alike.

"Wait, are you really a leader of an Island?" asked Eleine with her black eyes getting bigger, as if she started fantasizing about something perverted.

"Is an Elected Position. If I don't return home for the Election in 4 years, I will lose my Seat."

"Still is impressing that at only 14 years old, you've been elected as one of the Leaders of Picodras."

"Yeah sure, tell that to someone who doesn't want to be bothered with administrative mess."

While entertaining this conversation, he checks his pocket before pointing out at the girls who were clearly relaxing.

"I am planning on going around this small town and see if I can find any place selling books … Who is excited to follow me around?"

"..."

The girls looked at Vlad as if he had something on his face, and it was enough for the man to figure how "excited" they were about his bookworm hobby of collecting books from all of his new stops. But could they blame him, after all it was a healthy habit of collecting and reading books, gathering extensive knowledge that most wouldn't even have access to.

What's more, he noticed how the people he encountered, from the "scholars" of Picodras, and the High Priest inside Bulge Island, to the doctors of Sorbet Kingdom, all of them thought of themselves as self-sufficient in their knowledge.

Believing themselves to be all-knowing Sages and when combating themselves with a challenge they didn't understand, they would immediately enter into a self-defending state, placing the blame on all sorts of unfavourable conditions.

"Maybe I will accompany you, if you also follow me on my shopping around town by my side." proposed Eleine looking at her black-haired scholar who instantly got into a processing stage, analyzing the gains and losses.

"Do I take all three of you, want to go on "Shopping"." inquired the simple man, crossing his arms around his chest, pushing his pair of glasses down his nose to watch them unfiltered.

"I am indifferent. I got plenty of clothes that I don't need anything new. Besides, I doubt there will be in such a small city people to focus on … doll crafting." commented Titania, who had a neutral stance in this matter, leaving out only Bonney and Eleine to face the question.

"Curious to see what the shops in this place might offer. Ahem, I like to open my eyes about the outside world." added Bonney, with slight embarrassment, giving off her innocence about the new environments she was adventuring along.

"Meaning? You want to join us in our shopping?" mentioned Eleine with a smug expression making Vlad to wave his hand dismissing her.

"Get ready already. It's 9:34 AM."

"Don't worry, we have the entire day at our disposal."

Ending with Eleine's casual tone, Vlad after some long minutes of preparations on the girl's end, began enjoying the atmosphere of Rósande City that reminded him of the German Town of Sibiu from its architectural conception and even the way people conducted trade.

Passing by small shops while his keen hearing was taking in the conversations of the commoners without feeling strained from the clash of voices that he initially tried to shut down, only focusing on what was in front of him. The benefits of being blinded was shown in its weird twists for Vlad who had abilities that he couldn't fathom being possible in his first life.

From his physical strength that voided any of his first life experiences, to his growth spurt that made him look like a giant if he would ever return home. Even his senses were amplified a thousandfold, compared to his Princely life.

As he traversed the main artery of the town, he failed to spot any library or merchant interested in selling books, resulting in him giving a long sigh that had the girls pat his broad back.

"We'll ask around tomorrow if those people have books and want to sell them to you. Okay? So cheer up." remarked Titania seated on his head, watching just like him the city before her.

"... Do as you wish. I don't have the leisure to knock on people's door to ask for books like some haunting spirit."

"Good, then this settles you down. Now is your turn to accompany us." replied Titania as she pulled on Vlad's strands of hair, reminiscent of the time she was guiding the blind man around most new places since their encounter at the shores of the Lake.

In a defeated long sigh, he could only comply since he gave them his word which was worth more than gold, and it didn't take long for him to understand that women were sick.

They were sick when it came to spending money on clothes and other accessories, and in a fervor after many hours where his patience was tested, that he started talking in his head about moments that were as strenuous to his mind.

'Women of this age are truly … weird specimens. Back home, only the High-Class Noblewomen could afford such pleasantries, and even that would be restrained by the Church's Clergymen for fear they would be condemned and excommunicated.'

By the time the sky started to dusk above them, Vlad found himself at long last relaxing himself with some tea, while around the small table of the Tea House, a high number of shopping bags lay at his feet, as if he was the carrier for those bags.

The girls were drinking slowly their tea, enjoying the dusk in its full splendor as the shop was positioned slightly on a higher ground of the Rósande, and in a pleasant mood coming from other exterior factors such as the weather, the tea, and great company, Vlad entertained a long conversation with the girls.

"Now that you've spent about 150.650 𝔅 in one go on those accessories and clothes, I doubt you'll ever complain to me that you don't have clothes to wear while on this journey."

"Not at all, Captain!" replied Eleine with a wide grin, as she raised her cup of tea to cheer Vlad who was "tasked" to carry all of their bags.

"Hmph, I bet you'll do the same in Araionn, once your eyes drop on some "fancy" clothes. Just stop fooling yourself around. Besides, this isn't the point, I even decided to accompany you."

"Ohh, and what would make our busy Captain to tag along? Wasn't it for the books?" asked Eleine with curiosity in her eyes, while she played around with her leg positioning, switching them around in a sexual way.

Vlad gives her a straight expression, enough to tell the young woman that wasn't the actual reason, building up some mystery for the other two girls at the table.

"I just wanted to take some days off from my training, and actually do some uncovering."

"Uncovering?" inquired Titania, looking at Vlad's mysterious smirk, before he continued.

"But of course. While I allowed you girls and even that brat to join me, on some good will based on the fact I know you aren't going to betray me anytime soon. Is not as if I know much about you girls besides what you told me in the past."

"Wait … wait. You want to know more about us? In what manner?" remarked Eleine who was taken aback by Vlad's upfront comment.

"Hobbies, stories that you might want to share, secrets you might want to share. Something that would make for a good story. Afterall, if we continue on this journey together, at least make it bearable for all of us."

The way he approached this "teambuilding" session wasn't something unique if going forward tens of generations of his descendants, but for a man of his age, manner of education, culture and life experiences, it was something he didn't even contemplate on doing with most of his Knights.

Only when he was the young prince brimming with life and strength, fighting to reclaim his rightful throne, that he was more approachable to his Knights and Servants. With age, while seated on the throne of power, and experiencing full authority, it made him colder and harder to approach even for his Knights.

This was something he didn't want to repeat with those girls he spent his time building up into worthy young ladies that would put to shame any of the Princesses of the Western Countries like France, Portugal, Castile, Aragon or even Burgundy.

He tried not to be the ruthless ruler Vlad Dracul or how the Turks called him Kazıklı Bey, instead he was opening up his mind to know more about those he viewed close to young daughters of his, for he was aware that in age, he could even be their grandfather, excluding Titania who was still an anomaly for him.

"Hobbies? If you are interested, I can tell you. For free." said Eleine slowly as she placed her hands on the small table, looking at the black haired man wearing his slim pair of glasses.

"Sure, go ahead, young lady."

"..."

Eleine didn't have the chance to open about her hobbies that not far from their table, she noticed a brown-haired woman wearing clothes that he saw in many of the girls in Rosande, that spotlighted a long skirt that had a large cut revealing the legs of the girls, and a simple buttoned shirt highlighting some of her chest that wasn't comparable to Eleine's blessed one.

"Pardon me, if I interrupt something important. May I?"

"... You already butted in, is there a point in asking permission?" murmured Eleine with her eyes turning cold, but the brown-haired woman wasn't focused on her, instead her green eyes followed the figure of the black-haired man.

"Yes? How can I help you, hmmm … lady … Andra?"

"Adra, sir Dracul. I came bringing an invitation from Mistress Catherine who prepared what you requested of her."

"Ahh, right, it was Adra, my apologies, but I was never good at remembering names. I've met so many people in my life, that at one point your mind no longer adjusts to remembering new names. Is a personal defect, not me trying to insult you."

"There's no insult taken whatsoever." called the young woman, who saw Vlad get up on his feet and take an empty chair from another table, giving the young woman a place to sit, since he wasn't a barbarian to not welcome his guests.

The young woman looked nervously at Vlad who towered over her with his lean, muscular and giant frame, but what shocked her the most was this refined air that only a High-Noble from prestigious families with deep roots in this World could cultivate, akin to the famous kingdoms of South Blue, such as Briss Kingdom, Kaysang Kingdom, Roshwan Kingdom and Samba Kingdom.

"This letter, my Mistress sent me to give it to you." managed Adra to muster her courage to speak up her mind and mission in the face of the invisible pressure surrounding Vlad.

*Snif* "Rose water." commented Vlad who took the letter from the woman's hands, touching her hands in the process, taking delight in her pure reaction of embarrassment and shyness.

'Nolonger the brave Maiden wants to face me?'

Adra wanted to explain the contents of the letter for Vlad, but a long index finger was pressed gently on her lips, shushing her, while with his right hand he opened the envelope, beginning to read the contents of the letter on a diagonal line, before thoroughly doing the final read.

'She did finish quickly what I asked her of. But, aren't you forceful to have me bend to your schedule? I got some teambuilding to do with my girls.'

Vlad gave a focused expression while reading the letter, making the young woman believe something didn't sit well with him.

She tried to explain again, but the man just tells her of the fact he understood the message, keeping her on hold while making a decision.

"Unfortunately, young lady. I can't be present at the targeted time, however, I will make myself present at Lady Esthíl's mansion by nightfall."

"... Is okay. I will tell my Mistress your message. Have a pleasant evening."

Adra was quick to escape from the clutches of this devil, and returning back to the initial subject on the table, his team building, he noticed how the expressions of the girls changed a lot with his rejection of the summon.

"What's with those long faces? Did you get stupid?"

"He … he really isn't interested in that tomato." commented Eleine, sighing out in relief, while Bonney and Titania were shocked for the reason he dismissed the girl so quickly, as if they were important to him.

"Are you deaf, Eleine. What part of I am not interested in building any family until I fully recover my sight is hard to comprehend? The same applies for romance."

"Then … Why did you allow me to join you?"

"Little girl, I've told you my reasoning for having you come along, apart from your pathetic attempt at winning me over, flaunting your body around as if I was the lowest peasant. I see something in you, that spark that makes insignificant people who might die like nobodies into great people."

"I see. I am glad to hear that."

"Now, stop getting sentimental with me, and begin your story. You wanted to take the first turn, I am all ears."

Spending the rest of the day talking about random subjects, unrelated to his training and various harsh subjects that might be distasteful around such great tea.

Instead Vlad tries to find more about the girls from their hobbies to their daily lives, finding out that Bonney loved to cook, but she was a little glutton who was eating out her ingredients like in some fairy tail.

"Please, don't give me that look. I really want to become a chef … but I always get tempted to eat."

"Yeah, I've noticed. In fact I even wonder how you kept to your slim figure. Probably your devil powers."

"For sure, since before eating this devil fruit, I was normal. Still enjoyed eating at [Lights Snow] thinking about asking the old man to let me be his apprentice. But it so happens that I got to become the chef of an entire Caravel."

"I can only wish you good luck, chef. And don't strain my budget too much by eating instead of cooking." teased Vlad, with a smile on his face after hearing Bonney's story about her passion for cooking, which turned his cogwheels into remembering the books he read about gastronomy, which were plenty in his Library.

Bonney was left with her cheeks getting rosy from her emotions of hearing someone encourage her so wholeheartedly, and the same story was applied for Eleine who reacted differently when she was teased, after revealing one of her dreams and passions she kept locked away, that only Titania knew about.

This woman who most might believe to be a low-woman, who wouldn't even bat an eyelid when it came to whoring herself, has an actual noble passion that surprised Vlad.

Eleine was interested in becoming a playwright and being a successful actress whose name would resound in the entire world for her masterpieces.

"Not bad at all. A playwright and actress? So, you are taking the journey as a source of inspiration for your writing, and fooling around as a training for your acting?"

"... Not really. The way you make it sound, is as if I have a masterplan to cheat you all… I am just grateful that someone like me, who might not even have the chance to sail outside, is now in the care of a Great Bounty Hunter, and all your titles."

"Pff, who knows. You might be able to fool me with this one. Maybe you learned in the meantime the art of selling your story." teased Vlad with a wide smirk, making Eleine remember the time she tried to fool him, using a half-baked story.

The last one to speak about her passion, hobby, was Titania, who wasn't so ambitious like the other two, instead she started speaking about how she found slight joy when cutting hair, especially Vlad's since he only allowed her to touch his long hair.

"There was a fancy term I've read from a book who talked about the profession of barbers, calling the young ladies who were adept at cutting hair, as "Hairstylists". It has a nice flair and connotation."

"You are again making fun of me." pouted Titania when hearing Vlad start sharing his opinion on her hobby and passion.

"I am not."

"Then, if you are not making fun of us, tell us about your hobby. Not just alchemy and reading books." fronted Titania, something that was on the mind of all three girls at the table, shifting their gazes at the black-haired man.

"..."

"..."

Vlad started thinking about something, but as he was getting deeper into his memories, rewatching some of the moments when he was a pure, innocent prince, thinking about what aspirations he had, and apart from being a King that would make his people proud along with his family, there were not many.

Nevertheless, he remembered the moments of his childhood when he was spending a lot of time with his Greek tutor who taught him patience, imprinting in his younger, innocent self, as someone he would wish to emulate from his patience to wisdom.

"..."

"Maybe … teaching people."

6