Chapter 2 – A Mother’s thoughts.
57 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon arriving at the courtyard after much trouble contemplating in her head, Mai Shimizu came into the Courtyard only to see the little boy stare blankly, but his hands were fidgeting around. Clearly, he's not used to this sort of clothing.

Kyo reached up and clutched his kimono. It was uncomfortable. He wasn't used to this traditional clothing.

His lips curled down into a frown upon feeling uncomfortable,almost like the feeling one might get upon returning home and finding furniture out of place. Upon seeing this, Mai picked him up almost on instinct and took him to where his father had trained after breakfast.

The sudden action from his Mother. surprised Kyo for a while, but he then returned to tranquility as he nodded candidly towards her. Even his odd personality seems to mirror hers. Mai wondered if this was how others see her as well. Thankfully, the boy dint refuse her.

He's far too light as Mai picked him up and felt his weight properly. She would need to feed him more food soon. Arceus may have found him a child, but the boy is still an Enigma.

No child of hers will go hungry or malnourished. God's creation or otherwise, she will ensure that he will live in comfort and wealth.

Mai then started talking as she crossed a bridge near the home courtyard, heading towards the training area from within the vast mansion as she introduced the surroundings to her adoptive son.

"This here is the Shimizu clan family Island, a private island owned by our family since our ancestors and before they settled here in these lands. Lots of pokemon lived here on this island. If you want, we could explore the surroundings later. Parts of the islands are still quite dangerous, but the area around the town and our family compound is quite safe. If you want, you could try going to the river nearby."

Kyo could only nod at the information he received, especially the mention of a river.

"Come, we are heading towards the Shimizu training hall. My father wanted to show you something. Before training, perhaps seeing it for the first time will get you settled in little Kyo."

Kyo nodded again and said,

"Okay"

The woman briefly smiles again and immediately returns to her stoic face when met with other people. It seems like she only showed Kyo her smiling face other than her father Goro.

Kyo could see a few Pokemon training around the pathways as people seemed to train alongside their Pokemon. there was commerce as well and people nearby trading stuff that seemed like armour and an assortment of gear. Everyone gave her the respect she deserved and bowed when we walked by.

Kyo wondered what's the significance of the Shimizu clan in this world was and what her Foster Mother's role in all of this as Clan Leader.

Suddenly from behind-

"Kaicho! You're here! Oh? who's this little guy! Never seen him before? Oh wow! He's so cute! He looks just like you...eh?"

Mai looked back and saw a girl dressed in the clan's Ninja outfit with the Shimizu clan badge proudly displayed. She wore combat gear with some very nifty tools Kyo was not familiar with; He wondered if the significance of that gear somehow related to Pokemon as well. Mai looked at me and then looked back at the girl, and with a stoic face, said,

"Hono, from the Yuki clan. How does the mission fare at Fubuki Bay? seeing you here it means your hunt is successful?"

Hono smiled and just nodded in confirmation. She wore heavy blue ninja combat wear with several Pokeballs on her belt. Kyo could count four and noticed another Pokemon staring from the roof, a Frogadier. The Pokemon eyes us eerily from the shadows of the building above us.

"This here is my son, Kyo. we are going to survey the training done by the genin trained by my father"

Hono could only gasp in surprise. Her face showed a ridiculous amount of shock, with only her eyes visible and a bandana covering her mouth.

"Kaicho...who's the father? Y..you..had a child? s..since when?!"

Mai could only taunt the young girl as she playfully sneered at the curious ninja.

"It's a family secret. Mind your own business, Hono, are you done with the training manual? I want that scroll back by this week. You do remember what you need to do, don't you?"

Hono then snapped from her daydream and gave Mai back a scroll

" I have it here, no worries Kaicho! it helped my Pokemon Alot!

Ah...Hey, there little guy! My name is Hono, and I'm the Survey Corps captain in charge of the survey team!"

Kyo could only tilt his head as he pondered what that meant, but the two women before me just smiled while the girl named Hono simply squealed excitedly.

"Aww, he's so cute. He doesn't know what that is, huh? I'm in charge of looking for Pokemon to tame and observe their habitats and nature. There are many Pokemon in the region of Aisho, but not all of them are docile. Most Pokemon are quite hostile to humans after all"

"I see, tamers. Or perhaps Pokemon researchers then? That was kinda cool. It does explain where all the gear and gadgets she's wearing come from. Observation gear perhaps?. I would like to tinker with those"

Kyo thought to himself that perhaps there might be a chance he could dissemble and study with that gear. He is very interested in these Katana they wield that can work with TM moves, especially the one the Shimizu clan wielded. He could see traces of energy on their Katanas. Perhaps a gift from Arceus that allowed him to see this energy manifest as he wondered what these energies even meant. Could he now know how to wield Aura? Perhaps in this era, aura is quite a common phenomenon.

"Come on Kyo, Father is waiting. See you later Hono, take care. "

"Bye then! Ahh...that kid is way too cute! He looks exactly like Kaicho, too!"

Hono waved goodbye and simply jumped and disappeared. Kyo wanted to learn how to do that, An actual Ninja technique. Jump and poof! So cool!

Soon, the both of them arrived at the clan training hall as many other kids much older than him were training with swords and bamboo sticks with their Pokemon, some ran with weights tied down around their legs and feet, and some Pokemon underwent intense training with tools created from wooden contraptions, It was a different world, and yet a world familiar and unique to its own.

Lots of the Pokemon here are mostly water types with the Majority coming from Oshawolt, Froakies, and even Poliwhirls. As a clan that specializes in water, it only makes sense that they wield mostly Water-type Pokemon. "Is this what Arceus meant when he mentioned affinity? If I liked Fire Pokemon, perhaps I wouldn't be here and instead I would be with the Fire Clan Lord of this nation.

Ugh... No thanks. He hates the heat. Air conditioning all day, every day! Ice and water!

In a sense, Kyo is looking forward to bonding with his very own Pokemon. Getting his very own starter. Then again, he is too young to have one right now if the standard of owning a Pokemon correlates with the anime and manga and games, and there are far more important things than having a Pokemon, like...actually learning about them.

Perhaps there are discrepancies between the game he knew and the actual Pokemon themselves.

An An aged man he was familiar with was standing there all regal-like with his Katana against a giant of a bear Ursaring,

Mai introduces this older man to him .

"This is your grandfather, Goro Shimizu," she said the words. Urtly as the bahemoth of a man wrestles against an Ursaring bare handed.

Goro Shimizu.

The colossal giant of a grandpa built with pure muscles on his body as he favourably showed his top without any shirt on and just wore pants with a sword hilt on his left hand and a Katana on his right, deflecting the blows of this Titan of a Pokemon easily like its nothing with a mere Katana as if he was playing with a bear.

Kyo couldn't believe what he was seeing. How is this possible?

"Ursa-!"

"Come on partner, it's about time for you to get serious!" He mocked his partner.

"Ur-saa!"

the giant behemoth of a bear stood upright and suddenly dashed forward with extreme speed and threw a focus blast followed up by a flurry of ice punch, the battles simply blew his mind as Kyo could only see such battles happened in shonen anime like my hero academia or Naruto... Nothing like this ever happens in the canon anime Pokemon, this is some high-level stuff.!

The old man simply dodges these attacks easily. His body is burning with spiritual power as Kyo can feel it in his bones, a deep power reverberating around the air and around Goro's sword, and body sublimation, one mind, one body, one sword. The essence of Bushido.

The old man slashes to the right with his sword but Ursaring blocks it with his arm as arm starts to glow with white energy and can repel the strike and slam the ground hard, steel slash followed up with multiple bullet punches, this Ursaring is just too strong, Kyo concept of pokemon battle went out of the window. This was brutal, visceral, and fast.

Goro stood up straight and took upon a stance as he dodged by a sheer hair breath and rotated.

"Shimizu Style- Strike Series, Rapid Strike!"

Ursaring blocked with both of his arms guarding with the hammer arm still actively blocking the many flurries of the sword strikes and swerved his giant massive body as he countered with another attack naturally, there was no command issued no follow-up, as if the Ursaring was battling almost on its own instinct. The very essence of this battle is primal.

"Ur-SA!!"

a shining punch came charging from the flurries as Ursaring ignored the strikes and his rage-filled him with a red Aura around its body as the ground quaked, the old man simply sneered as he evaded the megaton punch easily and the sword came upon his hilt once again,

" Megaton Punch? too early, ya dumb oaf!"

The old man took a stance and stayed low when his body started to buzz with a bluish hue.

"Shimizu Style- Slash series, Sundering Slash!"

A lightning slash with various water jets formed mid-air and rushed towards Ursaring at the speed of lightning. It came hurtling towards the Ursaring and blasted the Pokemon in close combat and fireback the Ursaring flying back towards the courtyard wall.

The Old man stylishly sheath his Katana back into the scabbard as he cooly looked towards Kyo smiling goofily with a toothy grin. Who knew the old man wanted to impress his grandson that badly? Indeed, he leaves a great impression on Kyo.

He wanted to learn how to fight like that. To fight like a Pokemon, no wait .. this is the legendary wuxia battles he reads daily on those cringe novel websites. Seeing it in real life is pretty cool.

"You need more training, partner. Come on, get up, my daughter and grandson are here"

And Kyo is indeed his grandson, even if it's only by name. When Mai came back and put the little Kyo down, it only dawned on him that this old man towered over him immensely as he towered over Mai as well. This is a bear-like fella, with huge muscles despite having a long beard. He reminded Kyo of the old Super Galaxy body-building ads,

And he looks good with his short flowing hair fluttering in the early morning breeze, with his brass body hulking around naked with scars of battles from the past. The old man wore them proudly. The old man stared at the tiny tike that was barely reaching above his knee and thighs and frowned.

Food for thought, is it necessary to say out your moves? Does it make you look cool? It sure is. Not exactly subtle. Or perhaps that is his way of showing a demonstration to his soon-to-be grandchild.

My grandfather can't be this cute, can he? Nah.

Kyo thought to himself quietly as the giant of a man approaches him and gave him a squint.

" By Arceus..the kid is so tiny. Not to worry, I'll feed you and teach you our Shimizu arts so you can be as big as Ursaring right here, HEY! Sleepyhead! wake up! My grandson is here! get your lazy ass up and greet him!'

The giant behemoth of a bear stood up like a zombie, looked rather annoyed and walked lazily toward the old man as rubble crashed down from the wall he was stuck to and got out of it. Kyo can't help but be impressed again as it appears that the bear Pokemon possesses a stronger build.

"Urs-Ursa ru-" The Ursaring looked quite annoyed from the loss and having to move after he was severely injured in that match earlier.

Kyo could see the bear's left hand was bent sideways unnaturally, but the bear didn't seem to pay the pain any mind. That's some S-level pain tolerance.

"Stop complaining, old friend! It wasn't a lucky shot, you're just too slow now. Gotta keep up with the young un's these days! Go on and heal up, I'll handle it here."

Kyo looked up towards the Ursaring and gazed at its majesty. An Ursaring does look quite intimidating.

That is probably the biggest Ursaring he has ever seen, that's saying it lightly since he knew the size of Paul's Ursaring from the Pokemon Anime. Alpha type maybe?

This is one of those Alpha types?

This guy before him is twice that size. The Ursaring gave a small grin and nodded to Kyo then fixed his arm it winced with a snap as he flipped his broken arm in a snap like an incredibly fast jab and a huge bone-cracking sound could be heard as the Pokémon snapped his bones in place with that demonstration.

Kyo couldn't even see the arm move so swiftly. It almost went invisible for a second, but the sound of that bone-crunching sound did unnerve him as he stepped back a little.

The old man wasn't happy and barked at the Pokemon

"Hey! watch it! The kid is new to all of this! Apologize to the kid! You're scaring him!"

Ursaring gruffly make a sound and lowered his head to allow Kyo to touch him as a sign of apology. It was really soft. Kyo wondered why this hadn't this Ursaring evolved into an Ursaluna.

Perhaps they don't know how? All they need is a full moon and peat block. Right, a peat block. Perhaps he could try to find it here. And if not? Maybe check if any other regions have it.

"Mmm...soft"

The old man was grinning from one ear to the other.

"Come on, kid, let me introduce you to the clan's training ground. I'm your grandpa, Goros the name! "

Mai could only smile at her father's antics

"Slowly now, don't wear yourself out now"

Kyo was introduced to the rest of the students, the Genins of the Shimizu clan, training to be Kenshi worthy to serve the Clan. What is a Kenshi? they are the same equivalent as Pokemon trainers in the main world. Ace trainers. But none of them here are ace trainers. Just lemons and kids.

Many of them are around eight to nine years old and went to school. Some of them are older and already have their own Pokemon as they went on their journey when they reached the age of 12.

He was also introduced to what their clan does mainly for the Aisho region, and that's Pokemon Research, surveys, and breeding. Their clan also makes equipment such as the Pokeballs for the Shogun and distributes them to the new Kenshin. Much of the clan adheres to the way of the Bushido for honor and glory.

Kyo learned that there is no such thing as a library, but there is an archive of Knowledge where all the scrolls parchment and books were safely kept in a warehouse for safekeeping under the management of the Wiseman council..

The Journey of a Kenshin is albeit to study and grow stronger with their Pokemon. Some children learn at the capital or near famous dojos such as Ezo town under the tutelage of Sensei Sukiro, the leading Master in teaching people about Pokemon, and the one who trains the Royal Samurai line. Some went to prestigious schools, such as the one currently run by the Komorei clan for a more traditional school.

Right now, The Royal Samurai's son and famous clan heirs are studying over at Ezo town. Personally, Kyo doesn't care about that at all and much prefers learning more about the Shimizu clan arts and its training methods and water specialization. After all that introduction, they are back here in the arena where other ninjas and samurai wielding swords are training in the open space.

The old man walked towards an open arena as Mai put Kyo down on the ground and let him walk around the place. It was an open arena, with just them. Perhaps this is a private training spot for the two of them. The old man then started to walk towards the arena and came towards Kyo.

"Today, we are going to train you. Nothing too taxing. Just the basics of activating your aura. So only Aura training for now. Gotta activate it to learn our techniques. As my father and my grandfather and his fathers said back to our Ancestors, it is better to start young to cultivate the future"

Mai stepped up towards the Arena and stood behind Kyo as she squatted down to his height and put her palm behind his back. The old man then looked at Kyo as he could see the bluish light emanating from both of them.

" Now just relax and...huh? He already has it?"

The old man touched the front of his palm and looked into Kyo's eyes as he checked his body, Kyo didn't struggle and let the old man prod him for a bit, just tapping the palm and wrist, nothing too invasive, and pressing his hands towards his forehead.

"The boy knows Aura already, very interesting...where did you find this kid again? Right....from the gods. pfft. Arceus forgive me."

The old man turned to her daughter with genuine concern now, but Mai could only frown and said,

" I did ask for a true heir of our water heritage, But I would have preferred if he had some semblance of normalcy for a few years before training seriously"

Mai said so as a matter of factory. horo simply sighed and shook his head in protest

"And you went and asked Lugia-sama to intervene. That was not wise Mai, the gods are often fickle and do not necessarily relate to human customs and laws."

Mai nodded but without any remorse and said,

"I would do it in a heartbeat Father, Lugia sama presented a method, and I took it"

The old man closes his eyes with an understanding nod. There's nothing he could do to change things as he solemnly accepts the outcome.

". What your mother did was backhanded I admit but there is always another way." The old man grumbled

" Having gods interfere with the mundane usually doesn't go too well, but it doesn't matter. The boy is already here, and he now has a huge head start. We can proceed to the next step by teaching him some martial arts. Come on kid, just repeat what I do alright? Imitate."

Kyo nodded, this time with a small smile on his face. He likes the old man, is quick to adapt, doesn't ask too many questions, and has an understanding to not fret on matters and move on. Still, he didn't think that in this world, Aura could be unlocked. In the canon world, Aura is special, only a select few have it. This world just got weirder and weirder. The only thing Kyo could say was...

" Okay"

The old man just smiled and then proceeded to take a form as his legs opened wide in a stance.

Kyo tried to copy the old man as Mai did the same and readjusted his body towards the proper stance and just stood by the side watching over the child, awkwardly trying to imitate a punch.

The boy doesn't seem comfortable with his clothing and working out. Kyo changes his kimono into a far more comfortable free-form yukata made of wool. He isn't sure where the wool came from, either a Whimsicott or a Wooloo? or maybe Mareep? Kyo isn't sure what sort of Pokemon exists in this region.

" Now just repeat after me, not too hard, but do it with gusto, from the guts!"

The old man punches forward as he punches left and right with his arms, teaching the boy how to punch.

"This is just an ordinary punch! but know that a proper punch needs you to swing your wrist! that's right!"

The old man Goro said excitedly. It seemed that teaching the little kid brought joy to him. Mai kept staring at his father, wondering where that grumpy old fool goes. Somehow an even dumber-looking fool was replaced here smiling happily while teaching a little boy to punch.

Mai can't help but hold in her laughter while looking at her foolish father, trying to impress a little boy in martial arts. Kyo kept punching with a frown on his face. Clearly he wasn't enjoying this as he started to build a sweat with the yukata stuck to his back as sweat started to stick to his bare back.

He's getting the hang of it as he can see the energy within his body regulated on its own around his body and moving towards parts of his body that need stabilization, like his arms, fists, legs, and parts that improve his posture. Mei's eyes and even the old man's eye's started to glow slightly blue for a while as they both smiled seeing that the boy could direct Aura on his own without anyone teaching him.

All Kyo could think when seeing all this blue energy was that it was very comfortable. As the aura covers his body, the burden on his arm lessens, and so does the muscle pain around his thighs and legs.

But he got the basics down right. The day ended rather splendidly just learning how to punch today.

Knowing that his aura works on auto mode is also very comfortable, and less complicated, more time to study new things.

Days passed by and ten days were gone in a blink of an eye.

Kyo has lived with the Shimizu clan's main household for the past ten days now learning the basics of the Shimizu clan martial arts under the tutelage of Goro Shimizu, the Patriarch of the Shimizu clan, and his foster grandfather.

The sudden lifestyle changes are something he's trying to get used to, but he's getting there. Devoid of any modern convenience, such as a phone, Netflix, or simply a music player. He is forced to live as a native of these lands, just like the people here in Aisho.

He woke up early, ate breakfast, greeted the people in the training courtyard, and started preparing for his lesson by doing some exercise. Almost like a timetable..

Said exercises include running around the large Clan Outdoor training courtyard that is bigger than a football stadium and circling it 5 times, doing some push-ups, and the usual training stuff. Despite being a kid, the Patriarch did not let it up once he knew Kyo could handle an Aura naturally.

Mai took some time off from clan activities on some days to bring him food in the form of a bento meal.

I've heard the Kenin talking behind that the Shimizu clan leader cooked in the kitchen with the head chef Kazuki and his hired hand Momo when preparing the food, every time Mai came, She would feed him personally and force the food down even if he wasn't very hungry due to exhaustion.

Over the next few weeks, he learned how to wield Aura more effectively as he trained with the other Genin under the tutelage of the clan. It was here that Kyo finally noticed that not everyone could wield Aura like his mother and grandfather. The rest of the Genins are around ten to sixteen years old.

What's a genin? It literally means low ninja or just Junior Ninja for short. When one becomes a genin, one starts to do their bit for the clan's responsibility. Only for a fair bit.

some are sent on missions which are mostly risk-free labour around the town and cities under the clan's protection. Some Genin work in two or three teams of Pokemon, those with proper teams could take higher-level jobs like clearing a Pokemon attacking a nearby village or clearing a Pokemon nest that's troubling someone. Those who only owned one starter could only do risk-free jobs. So genins kinda work like an all-purpose ranger? Something to ponder about.

Like Satoshi here, a 13-year-old just received his Genin license and is helping out the village by patrolling the roads. In a way, Genin in this world is a mixed bag of odd-job Pokemon trainers with a mixture of a Pokemon Ranger. The academy they are learning from, - Shimizu Academy, mostly teaches practicality over literature and other means of knowledge.

Some literature they teach includes basic Pokemon knowledge and learning how to write. Also interesting note. Not all genin wield Pokémon. Using Pokemon seems more like a clan thing. Ordinary people don't use them. Something to observe more about the culture.

Kenshi is a different class, usually only Direct Heirs of clans or people of noble birth could become Kenshi in the past, but these days? Any talented people inducted into a clan may as well become a Kenshi if they proved to be talented in either aura or martial arts.

They follow the code of Bushido. These people often frown upon the Ninja's way of doing things. Currently, there are few Kenshi in the region. Kyo was surprised that this region has many lesser clans and was even smaller than those of the lesser clans, yet they were still nobles. Still, the average ratio of those who made themselves protectors of the land, a Kenshi is quite a few. Not many survived, and many more died on their journey to get stronger.

Becoming a Kenshi is dangerous indeed. They deal with the majority of the threats in this world.

Much of the things they taught in the academy are something Kyo already knew from his previous world, since not much of the knowledge diverges except for certain Pokemon, Kyo seems to notice that some Pokemon didn't evolve to their highest state without the use of a pokemon stone. Something he would research later.

Even though he is rather young right now, training starts early morning every day as he trains on how to wield his Aura with his Grandfather in the morning, and around the evening, his mother will teach him how to meditate to regulate the Aura back into the body in a dormant state and he would learn the Shimizu arts. It has become routine now.

Kyo even learned how to wield a sword from his mother as well, although he could only wield a bamboo stick its still progress. After a month he still hasn't gotten himself a Pokemon, but it's fine.

He enjoyed his time on this island with the clan members. He soon found himself quite the popular one as his reputation became better when he tried to help a sparrow who injured its wings and brought it back to the clan's infirmary and spend a lot of time near the river playing with the other Pokemons and giving them berries.

Much of the people still feared Pokemon, but seeing the little tike like Kyo bravely seek out a Pokemon, even those species that were deemed too dangerous by the clan, and befriending them like its nothing creates a rather interesting story around him.

Until he met Totodile.

Mai wasn't happy, of course, when she found out that Kyo was hanging around the river and befriended a wild Totodile who happened to play around the river,

Those Pokemon often bite the peasants and the farmers nearby and are often quite dangerous, so people tend to stay away from those Pokemon. Kyo wasn't perturbed by the Totodiles at all, he believed that all Pokemon are inherited kinds as that is what Arceus intended by design, but traditions are hard to break after many years of indoctrination from history. Pokemon is sentient after all.

And Kyo was just a kid right now. All he could do was just lead by example and perhaps slowly, things would change for these Pokemon as well, at least he would hope that things would change for water Pokemon nearby. But a lone Pokemon always stalks the little guy wherever he goes under the shadows. Unbeknown to the boy himself.

And in a flash. Another month passed by...then another one...and another.

One day, during training -

"Tch"

Kyo growls as he accidentally swings the bamboo too hard and it slips by his hands and goes flying into the river nearby. Kyo wiped the sweat off his brows and went to pick up the bamboo stick he'd been practising with when a Totodile came jumping out from the river with his bamboo stick in his mouth.

The Totodile spit the bamboo pole and came closer to Kyo. This was the only Totodile that dared to still befriend the young boy, even though his other clan members tried to shoo him away,

The rest of the Totodile pack had left upriver and went further into the inner parts of the mountain within the island. Only this particular young one didn't follow the rest of the pack. Kyo thinks that this one is rather too playful.

"Still here Totodile? Want a Berry?"

The Totodile rushes towards Kyo with haste as he jumps around the boy looking forward to a treat.

"Toto!"

Flailing around happily with his stubby little feet and his little tiny claws reaching out, Kyo just smiled and reached into his pocket and gave him a Pecha berry. A berry that seems to cure poison. He wonders why this little Pokemon seems to like this type of berry compared to the others. Maybe it suits his taste.

"Thanks for the bamboo Totodile, I've gotta head back then, Seeyah!"

Kyo bade the little Pokemon bye as he muttered something underneath

"Silly kid"

The Totodile kept munching on the berry and hopping around happily. A little weird Totodile that still hangs by the river. Kyo wondered if the little guy was separated from his group perhaps abandoned.

That would be too pitiful.

Much of his days were just spent idly reading books during the next few days and playing in the river like a kid with the overtly hyper-Totodile. Something he has forgotten in his past life as he enjoys this idle peaceful world. Playing hide and seek with a Pokemon and hunting berries in the shrub, watching the sunset.

It has its slice of life. He even found a hot spring when the little Totodile led him somewhere near the southern village on the island. Other people are bathing there, and as soon as they spot the little Pokemon, most of the humans run away fearing for the little guy.

Kyo thinks it's a little excessive, but doesn't pay it mind as he soaks together with the Totodile after a rough day of training. For now, he enjoyed the simplicity he found within this new life of his. Training in the Morning playing at the river in the afternoon and enjoying a nice hot spring in the evening. Life is good for him. Days went by and he remembered that he wanted to do something with his mundane life right now.

"This is the life.."

He said as he watched the stars during the night through the window of his room. Looking up, he wondered what else he could do here.

"If only I could tinker with something..."

What he really wanted was a Pokeball, not to catch any Pokemon mind you. The clan forbids anyone not having a license to own any Pokemon but that doesn't stop some young heirs from reputable clan families from owning one. I told them I wanted a Pokeball to learn how to make one. What Kyo received was blueprints and even two Pokeballs for me to tinker with. Using Apricorns grown from the nearby clan nursery.

He will need to remind himself to ask for one from his mother just to tinker with. To see how a Pokeball ticks.

One day when he received those Pokeballs, he asked for a break from training to tinker with these Pokeballs, his Mother agreed and watched him with glee as he smiled like a kid with a new toy, something Mai just realised that this might be Kyo's first real genuine smile. The icy woman watches over her young son as he tinkers away and disassembles the ball with precision, something that immediately alerted her of this.

The boy seems familiar with this. Let's just keep observing.

Mai could only observe as her little boy wrote notes upon notes on the device.

A little hobby wouldn't hurt anyone.

Kyo looked at the Pokeball and analysed the material and how it came to be. The Pokeball he received was an ordinary brown-red Pokeball and a Dive ball coloring with a steam work valve on top of the hatch.

Different Tumblestone and Apricot shells create a different type of Pokeball, it seems. But the most common ones are the red and brown balls. The item was made of amber tumblestone, a rather common stone found underground and in some mines.

Kyo disassembled the Pokeball quite easily with his hands swiftly as he tinkered with the device. The Item seemed to have limited function, as he guessed it. This Pokeball doesn't have the "minimize" feature and yet still functions properly.

The tumble stone seems to be placed around the inner sphere of the Pokeball like mirrors. He read about how the original Pokeball was made via concept art from where he came from. Pokeball manipulates the energy from A Pokemon. The Tumblestone strips somehow translate that energy and contain it into the balls.

"Fascinating stuff. This is very unscientific, and yet somehow it works"

He thought to himself as he looked at the inner chamber of the Pokeball. Energy and matter compression work differently from the laws of science he knew from his old world. It still doesn't explain why the Pokemon can shrink in size into energy particles and absorbed into a ball.

All he knew was that these Tumblestones were the main ingredients that could contain these Pokemons. Then again, Pokemon is rather magical themselves. A Pokemon is able to generate water and fire the elements out of thin air. A Pikachu could jolt a million watts every second with a single thunderbolt.

"Fascinating stuff indeed."

Mai kept watching Kyo tinkering around with the Pokeball for the first few days as Kyo wrote up notes and diagrams that Mai couldn't understand.

Seems like the boy created his very own language as well or simply something quite similar to the language of this world, but much more simplified. He doesn't seem to want to train after receiving the Pokeball. Mai could only frown as her son seemed to ignore his own training.

"That's enough tinkering for today, come, child. You need more training"

Kyo almost dropped the Pokeball shelling as he wrote his notes while observing the outer layer of the Apricot when his mother suddenly pulled him away from the study room.

"!! Just a little more, please..?"

Mai ignored the wailing little boy and simply carried him away

"Come now, the ball can wait. Training starts every morning, remember? You gave your word to your grandfather"

"Okay, at least let me know before you pull me off. What if I dropped and broke it?"

Kyo saw a little frown on her young mother's face. She seemed rather annoyed now. Kyo immediately shut up and hurried to fetch his bamboo sword and change into his cotton yukata for training. Mai could only shrug her shoulders as she rubbed her temple in annoyance at this rebelling little child. The little one is far too interested in Pokeballs. She doesn't know if she should coddle this behaviour.

"Then I'll get you another one. Now come"

Kyo kept his training up every day.

His growth started to improve significantly now. His Aura strength could even manipulate objects like a psychic although it only applies to his own Katana. while the sword is too large for him to wield right now, Kyo uses it as a tool to channel his Aura and circulate it around his body according to his Mothers training in the evening.

Basic Aura manipulation? Mastered it. Yeah. It's easy.

Kyo still can't believe that training with Aura is that easy. Something about this world is enabling the relative ease of nature in absorbing type energy. The practical aspects of the training itself aren't mystical or anything special. Doing something like this in his previous world wouldn't produce the same result. He is sure of it. The laws of this world are simply too different.

Does it make sense? Perhaps. Why are Flying-type Pokemon weak against lightning type? If old-world logic applies, air superiority is often the answer. Not so much in this world. Birds are a great conductor of electricity in this world. You won't see any flying type sitting on an electric wire here nope.

Slowly his old world sensibilities are collapsing.

More things to ponder upon.

......................

She started teaching him some basic sword strikes, and how to implement aura to sword strikes. The first move he learned was the Shimizu Sword Art- Swift strike. a simple quick-draw attack that emphasizes speed, power, and accuracy. One strike, one hit. Using Aura to snap the sword and unleash it from the hilt. For now, he only needs to learn the form. low strikes to the legs are something he's struggling with.

Swish* -

"again"

Swish*

"Once more, you're not holding the sword right, the wakizashi you're holding is a one-handed sword"

Mai shouted out the order which Kyo seemed to keep fumbling with the training sword. The sword was dangled inverted, high upside down on his waist. due to his height, he couldn't unsheathe it so all he could do was practice the forward motion slash. he can't wait to be taller so he can wield the sword properly.

The past few days, he's learning how to hold the wakizashi properly and just basic swordsmanship by swinging it left, right, up down? just basic movements. The technique cannot be done perfectly until he grows a little older. Kyo will just have to wait till that day comes then, for now.

Just swinging the sword, apart from swinging the sword, adhering to the lessons she taught. But that wasn't always the case... Kyo noticed her absence sometimes. Clan matters mostly, seems like trouble is afoot here.

Lately, his mother has become more annoyed whenever she's back from work. She would often hug Kyo and even sleep with him during the night, like today. The woman came home and simply glomped and hugged him towards her blossom and didn't say anything. and grumbled something undecipherable underneath her grumpiness.

"Mom, are you alright?"

Kyo glanced at the two Pokemon nearby. It was her mother's Pokemon looking rather beaten up after a mission. He wondered what sort of mission would even allow her strongest Pokemon to look so frayed.

The Greeninja and her mother's Vaporean were full of cut and bruises as the clan members were treating them with salves and poultices.

Kyo kinda wished that potions were a thing or just a Pokemon centre with a healing bed. He read about how it works, and Kyo could try to build one according to the game and lore theory he knew.

Mai snuggled even closer as she brought Kyo closer to her chest and hugged him closely on the bed

"It has been a long day. Those Akui Clan found some of our enemies near the border, trying to steal our Pokemon for some sort of agenda against our lands. The Nensho clan suffered badly from this as half of their shipment was stolen"

Mai began to open up late and didn't keep clan secrets from Kyo as she should be. She deemed it therapeutic to tell him about her worries like this and Kyo didn't say anything else, only to offer his body comfort and listen. Kyo also gets to learn politics and the lay of the land with the different factions of the region.

"Must be tough mom, Do you want to take a break? Wanna go fishing with me?"

Mai could only raise her eyebrow curiously, since when did her son start fishing?

"You know how to fish Kyo?" she asked, but Kyo could only shake his head and say-

"I don't know how, but you can show me? Maybe I'll fish my first Pokemon?"

Mai could only smile and brought herself up as she released the boy from the hug and thought carefully

"Fishing seems nice. Where do you want to go?"

Kyo looked in the direction of the Sea. He wanted to catch a Pokemon someday, perhaps a water Pokemon.

" Maybe the Sea? I heard Grandpa has a bunch of Gyarados nearby. Did he train them?"

Mai smiled softly and put her arms around him gently.

"Yes, I was about your age when he captured and wrestled with these Gyarados. Your grandfather does things rather weirdly, why? Do you want to wrestle with one?"

Kyo likes how Mai's head thinks. Other moms would probably panic when their child wanted to play and wrestle with a Gyarados. not Mai, she simply sees it as a challenge.

Or perhaps this family is just weird. Grandma seems like the only sane person in this whole family, Kyo even met Mai's brother and he's just as much a battle junkie as his grandfather but not that bright. He seems content to just travel the lands and spend the clan's money. Something Kyo didn't like about his uncle.

"Nah, no Gyarados. Milotics are way cooler like yours"

the Pokeball around Mai's belt started to vibrate. Perhaps it was her Milotic agreeing with him.

" Do you not like Gyarados? I hope not. If you don't like Water Pokemon, I will disown you"

Kyo could only giggle at that. To disown someone just because someone doesn't like water Pokemon? Well, Kyo likes water Pokemon, so it's fine. His first starter, Pokemon, in the previous world, was a Squirtle after all. The Shimizu clan is the water clan. After all, it would be odd if he didn't favour one.

They went fishing the next day and didn't catch anything, but Kyo was able to surf atop his mother's Milotic and had a blast! It was fun. He wished she could do this every day. It's peaceful compared to the things he used to do back in his old world. Mai enjoyed it as well as she looked towards the Horizon on the opposite of the island. The main continent lies across the sea.

Mai hoped that this peace could last a little longer. Terrible things seem to be brewing since the Akui clan found out about the attack. She had hoped that it was nothing too serious.

1