Ch. 24 – I have no idea who was this guy.
4.3k 7 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just who was this guy to induce a reaction like that from the dungeon. The Sphinx monster was ridiculously powerful, and without a doubt it could destroy the tree that the dungeon was placed in. Just why was this amount of monsters like that sent after a single person?

I mean his aura was terrifying, even more than the Sphinx’s one. I had no idea someone could emit a pressure like that. He could also read my mind and within his presence I somehow was able to understand the language of the mercenary. Actually, I should stop referring to him as such since I knew his name.

Eric didn’t seem to notice how scary the person in the cape was, and it seemed that he didn’t know him. But the caped guy knew him perfectly. He said something about a contract, and something about it being the cause he didn’t kill the slave merchant earlier. I was curious what the contents of the contract could be, but I had no chance to ask.

Additionally, I got to know something important. The parents of my white catkin were dead, she had nowhere to return. I was intending to get her out of this dungeon and then return her, but now I knew that it was impossible. It was sad, but I couldn’t do anything about this fact, however because of it, I no longer had any obligation to part with her once we conquered this place.

I had no idea if we would be able to befriend each other, but if we did, I wouldn’t be able to part with her. I’m sure her parents would be angry. Wait… why am I assuming that we will become friends? Why do I want it that bad? Am I that lonely? Let’s forget it.

More importantly, from the outrageous information I heard, I got to know what skill crystals were. They originally weren’t supposed to drop from monsters, but for some reason that guy attached one to every boss. It seemed like he wanted to help me for some reason, but why would a stranger do this?

He also said that he swapped the final reward, but I had no clue what it originally was, so I didn’t know how to feel about it. I haven’t thought about it at all, about what would happen if I actually finished my adventure here. I thought that I would get to have a nice long talk with a god, a goddess in this case, and get answers for my questions.

But it seemed that there was a reward on the end, and now thanks to mysterious guy meddling I could expect rewards on the way. This was really becoming something bigger than I originally planned. I just wanted to get strong, and taste human meat.

Maybe I could taste the catkin? She seemed human enough, but was a bit scrawny. No, I couldn’t do it, she was too cute. The way she was munching meat on my back before was heartwarming. I decided that I wouldn’t eat her, and instead make her into my apprentice of sorts.

I would teach her how to fight and make her become strong enough to protect me. Wouldn’t it be nice? But do I know how to fight? I mean I was close to losing fights many times, but I never actually lost, because I’m alive after all. Doesn’t that make me strong? Haha, I’m pretty sure I could defeat anyone if I really wanted!

I heard a loud stomp behind me suddenly. I turned back to see what it was, and saw a sphinx staring at me. Just how did this thing get behind me so silently? I’m so sorry, I won’t say anything about being strong again, so please just go away! It suddenly stood up, and started running towards the way the guy escaped.

After about a minute I heard a loud bang, and some seconds later I saw its head flying through the air. It was cleanly separated from the torso and flung with enough power, to lodge it in the ceiling. Okay, okay, I was joking so please, just stop reminding me about my worthlessness!

Thinking about it now, there was no way that the caped guy wasn’t a god. He was casually reading my thoughts, and then spoke things about interfering with the dungeon that was a god’s property. His aura was also godlike, this pressure couldn’t be caused by a mortal. This again was creating a question, why would he be interested in me so much, to help me on the way.

I just wanted to get stronger when I dived here, I also wanted some answers, but there is no way that I was expecting to get mixed in some god’s plans. He was expelled from here forcefully, but for how long. It didn’t seem that the sphinxes were a challenge for him, so why was he even running away?

I just couldn’t understand anything about him. He was just plain weird, and while being grateful for help, he offered me, I still thought he was a creep. I don’t want to ever see him again. In the end, I still had no idea who he was apart from being a god, and how did he know me.

97