Ch. 28 – I may have broken something
3.8k 14 98
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was just one thing to do before I started training the catkin. In the fat guy’s belongings, I found another box, but this time it was a metal one with a lot of ornamentation. When I tried opening it, I was unable to even lift its lid. I used my full strength, but it wasn’t that impressive to begin with, so locked box was a big problem.

My next idea was to use my web slash to cut it open. It would probably threaten the insides, but they probably weren’t that useful for me, I was just curious. Well, I won’t say I didn’t expect it to happen, but none of my attack skills actually worked. I even tried stepping on it to use [Sonic step] but somehow, I only hurt myself.

My lockpicking attempt, consisting of using my thread along with [Thread control] as a lockpick also failed. The good thing was I gained a level in the skill, but the web I used, for some reason caught fire and I burned myself.

Sighing I went from being polite, to using drastic measures. I took the key from the body of the fatso and opened it. I’m not stupid okay? I just wanted this to be less anticlimactic. Still I had no idea it would be so hard to open a box this small. Maybe its contents weren’t that useless?

Even if not useless, they were definitely weird for a box this secure. One small, yellow crystal-like stone was inside. Maybe it was something worth a good money? But if so, why did he have a key along with the box? It was obvious that if he was searched, anybody could take them both and gain his stone.

Maybe he planned to open it just before he teleported? Maybe he was about to sell it? I had no idea, but if it was just some expensive crystal then it was really useless. I tried poking it, to check the hardness, and then it happened. It got absorbed into my leg.

[Absorption of God of Light’s blessing successful]
[Acquired skills: [Light’s godly empowerment] [Light magic lvl. 10] [Holy light magic lvl. 1]
[Solar’s divine protection] ]

Okay, I take it back, there is no way that this stone would be useless. Actually, why something so broken was here? What were the odds, that I would stumble upon something so unfair? I just gained some outrageous skills, totally for free.

[Error]

Wait what?

[Error, conqueror’s title not found.]

I’m not screwed, am I?

[Unforeseen skill merging detected, attempting to stop the process]
[Action successful]
[Error, unnamed blessings found. Entering debugging mode.]

I just broke something, didn't I?

[Corrupted variables detected. Attempting recovery. Successful.]
[Recovered title [Conqueror of labyrinth of soul] ]
[Status values increased.]
[Energy recovered from repaired variables]
[Maximum level reached. Recalculating]
[Attempting skill creation. Successful.]
[Gained skill [Energy storage] ]
[Overflow prevented. Proceeding with further recovery of corrupted variables.]
[Process failed.]
[Retrying… Failed.]
[Attempting removal of corrupted variables. Successful]

The monotonous talking stopped for a second. Unbearable pain shot right through my head. I thought I was going to die, but it stopped nearly as soon as it started.

[Malformed soul detected.]
[Repair impossible. Calling the authority of light.]

Wait WHAT?

[Successful. Estimated arrival in ten minutes.]
[Error. Illegal merging detected.]
[Blessing of god merged with unnamed blessings]
[Checking for conqueror titles.]
[Error. Found title is invalid.]
[Removing God of Light’s skills.]
[Partially successful]

Now that was a disappointment.

[Attempting identification of unnamed blessings.]
[Partially successful. Further intervention of authority required.]
[Energy blockade found. Illegal intervention detected. Attempting removal.]
[Successful]
[Warning. Individual’s processing power is insufficient.]
[Attempting expansion.]
[Successful. Remaining energy exhausted.]
[Gained skill [Mental processing lvl. 5] ]
[Attempting bug removal.]
[Failed.]
[Authority arrival expected. Exiting debugging mode.]

JUST LEAVE ME ALONE YOU STUPID SYSTEM. Even though I thing I gained a lot from this, whoever designed this system was an amateur in programming. Why am I experiencing that many bugs? I’m not even that special… Apart from being the only monster with system’s support…

Anyway, it should be impossible for gods to screw up that much, why did it even happen? What were those unnamed blessings? The skills I was supposed to gain from the light one were supreme, so if I had some blessings before, then why I had no skills from them?

Am I just some sort of bugged entity that is about to be removed?

“Maybe.”

A bright flash o light suddenly appeared in front of my face. When it ended, I no longer was inside the dungeon, but in some sort of white space. How cliché. I started to look around in search for elderly man that will tell me everything, but instead I found a bit skimpy clothed, quite buff, tanned dude. He was quite tall, and I have to say quite handsome, with his blonde hair and punk like face.

“So, want to explain to me what happened? Ms. Anomaly?”

Who are you calling anomaly!? I’m just a perfectly normal girl… spider with a lot to say in regards of how lacking is the systems made by gods.

“It’s true it was a bit lacking at first, but now it’s almost impossible for bug to happen, and you actually managed to put it into debugging mode. Also, you need to have more respect for gods, you thief.”

If it’s impossible for bugs to happen then why am I experiencing them constantly? Also, who are you calling a thief!? I took this thing fair and square from some scum, so it’s just like collecting useful things from trash.

“Wait, what do you mean constantly?”

He was agitated now, so it might be a bigger deal than I initially thought. First time was when nameless evolution appeared as one of my options, but then I couldn’t choose it because of what system said was a “lack of energy”.

Next time was when I asked for a skill, and it was actually created. When I tried it again, it was the next time I was lacking the said energy. And now was the third, but a massive bug that I stumbled onto.

Wait, judging from what the system said in the debugging mode, I had some corrupted variables strapped onto me. They probably were the source of my previous cravings for human meat. Another thing is, I got a title for a thing I didn’t do, for conquering a soul dungeon.

Wow, that guy really looked like his head was in pain. It really was bigger deal than I have thought. But I would like an apology for suspecting me of theft, since I didn’t really steal anything, the box just happened to get into my hands. Now come on, and let me go, since I have a cat to take care of.

“Even if you are not a thief, you are still not going anywhere.”

I’m screwed.

98