Duel
609 1 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Words: 1525

JOIN THE DISCORD: discord.gg/zawF4jt5xw

I also have up to 20 advanced chapters of this story available on patre0n.com/xlucqs, with the lowest tier being £4 for 5 advanced chapters. Subscribing isn't necessary, but it is greatly appreciated. Thank you to everyone who has subscribed so far, I appreciate it!

================================

"...and so the flower will bloom on the next generation of heroes to protect America."

The speech was so obviously scripted and reeked of rehearsal, but it did it's job as the surrounding students cheered, their voices echoing in the area.

'Kids…' Akira chuckled to himself, leaning on a building at the back with his arms crossed and eyes closed, trying his best not to stand out. He was in his hero costume, so he already stood out enough as it is, and it was only due to all the attention on Cathleen that no one had noticed him.

"Pshhh!"

"Pshhhh!"

"Hm?" Akira opened his eyes, immediately locking onto the 3 people who stood in front of him. 'Intruders? No, they have school uniforms on. Most likely must be late,' He thought.

"Hey! What's going on?" The pink haired student asked, her twin ponytails flaying in the wind.

Akira sighed. "Stars and Stripes is delivering a speech," He gestured towards his mentor, "Looks like she's just finished."

"Ahhhh!" The pink haired girl squealed, "I love Stars and Stripes, she's my idol!" Akira didn't doubt the statement, as in her hair were small star shaped pins.

"I think the real question we need to answer is who are you? You don't look like a hero, and you're dressed in that weird costume. What are you doing here?" The red haired student asked with a fiery gaze, his voice raising by the second.

Looks like he was the Bakugo of the school.

"I'm actually Stars and Stripes intern, believe it or not. So I came along while she gave her speech."

"Oh my god!" The pink haired girl yelped, jumping up into Akira's face and ignoring all forms of personal space as she barraged Akira with a flurry of questions that he was unable to answer.

"How is it!?"

"What is she like?"

"What shampoo does she use?"

"What's her quirk?"

Akira was saved from the assault as the remaining friend, the one with yellow hair, pulled her away from him. Why did they all have weird hair colours? As he was holding her back, the yellow haired kid stared at him.

"You're the number one hero's intern?" He asked, incredulous. "You're not even American!" He exclaimed.

Akira shrugged off the insult. "And yet I can speak English better than all of you." He shot back, relaxing back further against the concrete, showing absolutely no fear.

"What did you say blue hair!?" Bakugo's twin roared, a snarl attached to his lips. "You wanna fight!?"

'Well it's the only reason I am here…This guy seems like one of the top dogs around here. I mean he has an anime protagonist like hair, a brash personality and seems to be out of control. Xavier wouldn't have accepted this guy if he wasn't good.'

"Yes, actually. But let's save it till later. You're in the hero class right? Instead of embarrassing you in front the whole year and causing a scene, I can save you some of your dignity and only embarrass you in front of your class."

The red haired kid was fuming, and actually had the gall to try and attack Akira, but both of his friends prevented him from doing so.

"Ashton! Leave it man!" the yellow haired one said, holding his friend back.

Ashton seemed to take his advice as he stopped struggling against the hold of his friend and tched. Giving one last glare to Akira, he walked away in a huff.

Akira met back up with Cathleen, who informed him that she was busy for a couple of hours, and told Akira just to do whatever he wished.

So for the next few hours Akira toured around school, which he soon learnt was massive. The main building for classes was only a fraction of the full length of the campus. From all the way to full sized football fields set next to each other to even indoor training facilities, Xavier school had it all.

He had such a fun time exploring the school, that by the time Cathleen came to fetch him, he didn't want to go.

"We're going to visit Class 1-A." Cathleen told him, and all of that apprehension was gone and replaced by excitement. He was quite intrigued about what kind of power the first year hero students of the second best hero school in the world could possibly show. He was also quite excited for his fight.

When Akira walked into the classroom, all of the attention that could have latched onto him was immediately absorbed by the presence of his mentor. While everyone's attention was on Cathleen, Akira took the opportunity to observe each of the students, sizing them up in his head.

As his eyes flickered from student to student, the burning sensation that dug into the side of his head slowly got more and more noticeable. He turned his head to the source, finding himself meeting gaze to gaze with a pair of red glaring eyes.

'Ashton, was it?' Akira mentally chuckled, 'Looks like I have to go and fulfil my promise.'

Ashton was silently raging, Akira could tell. Even after being given a couple of hours to calm down and rationalise his thoughts, Ashton still wasn't taught his lesson. Akira looked him up and down, trying to get a decent hint at his quirk, but he came up with nothing.

He was shook out of his staring contest with a pat on the shoulder.

"...And this is my one and only intern, Akira. Although he is Japanese, he can speak really good English, please feel free to ask him any questions you may have."

Akira sent a glare to Cathleen who just smiled and hummed to herself.

"What's life like in Japan?" A student with spiky hair asked.

"Very hero-centric, next question."

"Have you met All Might?"

"No, next question." Akira said, but his thoughts were another thing. 'Only once, he knocked me out.'

"What's your quirk?" Another one asked.

"Classified, next question."

Cathleen grumbled from the side as Akira smiled internally. Yes he was this petty, he wouldn't give her the victory.

"When are you gonna fight me?" Ashton growled. All attention immediately turned to Ashton, with whispers and words being exchanged across the class.

Akira looked to Cathleen for approval. After a short, nearly unnoticeable nod, Akira smiled. "Let's do this now."

Ashton grinned back in response, shooting up from his chair. The whispers grew louder and louder, into visible cheers and cries of excitement across the classroom. Across to the side, the teacher for class 1-A could only sigh.

10 minutes later, both Ashton and Akira were across from each other, both in their hero costumes preparing for the match to start. The professionalism of Xavier's hero school was noted due to how fast this fated bout had escalated.

"Ok, is everyone ready?" Both Akira and Ashton gave a curt nod, "Start!"

As Akira expected, Ashton immediately rushed headfirst towards Akira. Akira stayed still, eyes locked on Ashton, trying to figure anything out about his quirk. Akira observed his sleeve slowly disintegrating away, revealing what looked to be a tattoo of a dragon.

There was a fluctuation of temperature in the air, and a moment later 2 burning orange dragon heads spring to life on Ashton's hands. The dragon's roar of rage synchronised with Ashton's battle cry, bursting to life.

Ashton was fast, Akira observed, but he was much faster. Ashton's fighting style worked in a way similar to Hinata's gentle fist technique from Naruto, but it was slightly different as although it had control, Aston's own personality blended into his fighting style, making it slightly erratic and unpredictable.

Seeing that his up close and personal attacks were not working, Ashton tried a different approach. Placing both his hands side by side, the 2 dragons slowly merged into 1, massive dragon. It growled, it's cry deeper than the roar it gave off before.

The dragon burst forward, charging with vigour at its opponent. Its eyes burned brighter than they did before, giving off a dangerous aura to Akira.

Akira swung at the thing directly, knocking it slightly off course, but with a tug from Ashton the dragon veered its head and locked back onto Akira. Wherever he retreated, the orange dragon followed. It was like an animal who had tracked his scent and was hunting him.

'Fine, if running away won't work…' Akira leaped away from the orange cluster of energy, instead charging towards Aston. The red haired teenager had a short look of shock, but he recovered quickly as he pulled his hands back.

Glancing behind him, Akira saw that the dragon had changed its course, aggressively rushing towards Akira again.

*BOOM*

Delivering a powerful punch to the orange construct, it sent it flailing back long enough to give Akira time to reach Ashton. Ashton had a look of shock on his face, he tried to cancel his attack and bring back out his gentle fist, but Akira had already capitalised on the mistake and finished him off in a second, like a true professional would.

"Winner, Akira!"

The words were like music to his ears.

===================

A/N: Next chapter we will be returning to Japan, how did you guys like the USA Arc?

32