Provisional License Exam
733 2 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Words: 1809

JOIN THE DISCORD: https://discord.gg/zawF4jt5xw

I also have up to 20 advanced chapters of this story available on patre0n.com/xlucqs, with the lowest tier being £4 for 5 advanced chapters. Subscribing isn't necessary, but it is greatly appreciated. Thank you to everyone who had subscribed so far, I appreciate it!

Also, the first 3 chapters of my new story: Game of Thrones: Corvin Blackwood are on patre0n. Updates will be slow while I work on New Order, but after I finish this story I will turn my focus to those two!

====

Akira woke up with a groan. His body was covered in bandages like he was a mummy, which was very fitting since he also felt like one as well. At least the bed was comfy. He glanced around the room, recognising the all too familiar room he had seen many times before. He first started by trying to move, but he was simply too tired to do so.

"Try to go back to sleep dear. I healed you, but I had to do it as you rested, so that's the reason you're so tired after waking up."

"Thank you, were my wounds that bad?"

"That bad?" She repeated, scoffing as she did so, "They were awful. Somehow that oaf managed to break a good portion of your ribs, nearly crushing your nose. And that's not including your arms! That's not to mention the cracks and fissures!" She sighed in exhaustion.

"And you're lucky you were in the heat of the battle with adrenaline taking effect. Otherwise, the pain you would have felt would have been excruciating."

Akira laughed at Chiyo's anger, "Guess I have to thank All Might for hurting me so much."

"What? No! That oaf is the reason you're here!"

"Haha, I'm just playing with you auntie." Akira chuckled.

Chiyo just grunted in response, "Damn kid…I tell you, you will be the death of me."

During his training with Aizawa, Akira had become very familiar with Granny Chiyo. It was almost a common occurrence for Akira and Aizawa to arrive at the front door of the nurses office so Akira could be healed. It was only because of orders from Nezu that she was forced to comply, as much as she didn't want to.

She was very helpful though. In the span of a couple of months, Akira managed to heal numerous injuries and problems in his way with the combination of his <Orders>,  making his training 10x more effective and time efficient. Among many, this was one of the reasons Akira had improved so much in physical training. The nasty looks he got from her were worth it, especially when it was Aizawa who directed most of the glares too.

"Despite your injuries, at least you managed to pass the exam. How did you manage to know All Might's real name though?"

"Hehe…" Akira chuckled to himself, "You know, when I first met Nezu in the police station, All Might was there, standing in all his skinny glory. He was right there, in broad daylight, and flinched when his hero persona was mentioned. With some quick research into it, it wasn't that hard to connect the dots." He lied smoothly.

Chiyo grumbled in response, "Sounds like him. I have faith that since you're his successor, then will be a much smarter symbol of peace. Toshinori is a very smart lad, but only when he wants to be. It's like an on and off switch he can't control. When the switch is off…" She scoffed, "Well trust me, I've been around long enough to see what he has done when it is off."

Akira had a different opinion, "It seems that way, but the way I see it is more like he is only focused on the direction ahead of him, rather than looking everywhere around him. It's a matter of perspective, sometimes he gets so focused he can't see the entire picture."

Before Akira went back to sleep, he decided to ask Chiyo something. He had been thinking hard about this the past couple of days, and he decided he wanted to do it.

"Auntie, I've been thinking about my quirk and how versatile it is. I know I can do so much more with it, and help so many more people in different ways. So I've been wondering if you could maybe teach me medicine?"

"Medicine?" She repeated,  "I certainly can. A hero having knowledge of medicine, especially with your quirk would be really helpful. You could do surgeries, first-aid, identify unknown issues, it would be really helpful. Is that what you were thinking?"

Akira gave her a smile, "Sorta. Including that, I was also thinking of trying to cure other diseases and medical conditions like cancer. With my quirk, I believe it's possible."

"What?" Chiyo was obviously shocked by the statement. It made sense given how bold the statement was.

Before she could formulate another reply, the door suddenly opened, revealing a stone-faced Aizawa carrying Nezu in his hands. Before Aizawa could even step into the room, Chiyo was already onto them.

"Nezu, I can't believe you allowed this fight to happen!" Chiyo reprimanded, pointing a sharp finger at the rodent, "It's absolutely appalling, I mean you should be ashamed of yourself!"

Despite the angry protests and insults from Chiyo, in typical Nezu fashion he just laughed, "Haha!It was a good challenge, and a pleasure to watch! The part where he spoke All Might's name was such an unexpected plot twist, well to the ordinary eye of course, I put it at a 60% chance that Akira would do that to win, I mean it's like All Might was trying to be exposed" Nezu said casually. He turned to Akira, "Take that as a compliment."

"Well thanks." Akira didn't really know how to respond to that.

"Moving on, since you passed the exam, you are now allowed to take the provisional licence exam." Nezu cheered, tapping Aizawa on his stomach, "Have some enthusiasm you boring man, cheer for your student."

"Yayyyy…" Aizawa said unenthusiastically.

"If you pass the exam…" Nezu cleared his throat, "Or when you pass the exam, you will finally have a provisional licence, allowing you to officially become a hero. After that we could do some work studies before you go out on your own, and I know the perfect person to do that."

"Let me guess…All Might?"

"Usually the time it would take for a provisional hero to get their full licence is around a couple of years, but if you work with All Might and put on a good show, we can easily shorten it down to a couple of months. Leave it to me. Also, what better way than to give the impression of becoming All Might's successor than to work under him? With this, the transition from a rising rookie to the next number one hero would be easier."

"I suppose," Akira replied, "I would still be close to UA, as All Might has decided to move most of his routes over to Mustafu, why is that exactly?"

Nezu shrugged, a smile on his face telling Akira he knew the answer, but wouldn't tell Akira, "Who knows? Why not do some of that research of yours."

Akira just sighed at Nezu's antics. It's not like he didn't know anyway. All Might was searching for a successor, and he was looking to become a teacher at UA next year.

"For now all you need to do is rest and recover. Take a break, burnout is never good for anyone, and ever since you joined UA you have been working to the bone, so I recommend you take a short break. Maybe for a few weeks, just to ease the burden of all that stress and responsibility on you."

Akira raised his eyebrows. It seemed like Nezu read Akira's mind.

"And this is a demand from your principal. Infact, think of it like one of your <Orders>, and order yourself to stay home and relax. Only basic exercise and quirk usage is allowed, and then in a couple weeks time you can take the provisional licence exam." Nezu hammered his point down, making it clear.

Akira nodded, "On one condition. The new Hero Fighter game comes out next week, can you give me an early copy, signed by All Might?"

The entire room sweat dropped, 'Fanboy.'

===

"So this is the venue?" Akira asked. Akira had spent the rest of his days after the test taking it quite easy to the pace he had been going. For the last couple of days before the provisional licence he had upped the intensity of his workouts, getting his body ready for what would decide if he could become a hero or not.

If he failed, he would have to wait another 6 months before he could take the exam again, so he needed to be at the top of his game. Although he was confident he could win, he needed to be cautious. With thousands of aspiring heroes taking the exam, who knew what sort of quirks they had.

He glanced at the venue with a raised eyebrow. From his memory, the inside was a lot larger, which meant that there must have been some quirk shenanigans at play.

"That is it," Aizawa confirmed, "This is where you will take the provisional licence, and hopefully pass. If you're gonna fail, do it quickly so I can get some sleep."

"I'm not gonna fail."

Aizawa huffed in response, "You're awfully confident."

"And confidence is a good thing if you can back it up. I have enough confidence in my training and my experience to pass the exam."

Aizawa's face suddenly changed, morphing from his usual, bored look to a horrified look like he just had a premonition of the world's end. A moment later, his premonition came true as a green blur flashed across the street and latched onto Aizawa.

"Aizawa! How have you been?!" A woman wrapped her arms around Aizawa, lifting him up in the air as her muscles bulged. Akira swore it was the most scared he had seen his teacher.

"Oh no…" He whispered, "Put me down Emi, you're embarrassing me in front of my student." His voice sounded tired and exhausted, like he had already accepted his fate.

She kept her hold on Aizawa, but turned to face the said student in question, giving him a curious look, "Student? What happened to the others?"

"I expelled them all." Aizawa said. In shock, Emi loosened her hold on Aizawa and dropped him onto the floor, letting out a shocked cry of surprise.

"What!? You expelled everyone!? Wasn't Nejire in that class? I liked her! Why did you expel them all!?"

Aizawa huffed, "You misunderstand, this isn't the second year, this is the first year."

"A first year taking the exam?" She tilted her head, "Now that's a surprise. Are you sure you're not just tired and thinking of a made-up scenario in your dreams?"

"No, sadly he's all too real," Aizawa rubbed his stomach absentmindedly, "Though it would be an understatement to call him a first year, you'll see." There was just a hint of a smirk on his face.

"Strange…ok, well why don't we catch up while we watch our students take the exam?" Emi ignored Akira, turning her attention back to hitting(?) on Aizawa.

In typical Aizawa fashion, Aizawa answered, "No, stay away from me."

"Aww cmon Eraser!"

32