Dream
777 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

JOIN THE DISCORD: https://discord.gg/zawF4jt5xw

I also have up to 20 advanced chapters of this story available on patre0n.com/xlucqs, with the lowest tier being £4 for 5 advanced chapters. Subscribing isn't necessary, but it is greatly appreciated. Thank you to everyone who had subscribed so far, I appreciate it!

Also, the first 3 chapters of my new story: Game of Thrones: Corvin Blackwood are on patre0n, and the first chapter of my new One Piece story is there too! Updates will be slow while I work on New Order, but after I finish this story I will turn my focus to it!

==========================

When Akira woke up again, he found himself in a vast open space. It was white, white as far as the eye could see. He stood up, looking at his body which was naked. His feet felt like they were touching glass, making the bottom of his body shiver to the touch.

"Where am I?" He found himself saying.

"I will wake up!" He tried to activate his quirk, but nothing happened. It was different from when Aizawa had removed his quirk, as when he had done that he felt the pit of nothingness in his stomach, but here he felt…nothing.

With nothing left to do, Akira began walking for what seemed like days, no weeks, no months? He couldn't tell how long he was walking. Was time even real in this world of white? How did he even end up here?

One thing he noticed was that his mind was clear. Like the white space surrounding him in all directions, his mind was clear, free from all doubts, worries and reservations. He felt like he could think properly, it was like something had been removed, but he didn't know what.

Using this to his advantage, Akira began to do what any man would do, think. His mind first went to his past life. He remembered how he had been a student, antisocial and scared, his mind focused on studying to impress his parents desires.

It was through this pressure that Akira indulged in things like anime and tv, and how he even found the world of My Hero Academia in the first place.

Come to think of it, how did he end up in this world? Why him of all people? Was he hand chosen by some omnipotent being, or was it like the lottery? He wasn't anything special, so why did something like this happen to him?

Despite his mind being clearer than it ever was, he couldn't find an answer to that.

Still, he kept trying to find an answer. Why was it him who came to this world knowing what would happen? Knowing that tens of thousand would die because of All for One? Come to think of it, was it fate that Akira would go to America and learn of another threat of the same level?

Could he even beat All for One? Would he have to rely on All Might? What if the world fell into chaos and he was unable to prevent it? Would all his efforts, his training be for nothing?

Akira felt his mind become clouded with all sorts of emotions. He felt like he couldn't think, to focus on the dreaded future events which might not even happen. The more he thought about it, the worse it got. Anxiety creeped into his stomach and stayed there like bacteria, his breathing quickened and he felt his focus waver constantly.

He took a moment to look up, and that's when he saw it. A dread explosion of purple and red, rapidly eating through the colour white and making its way closer to him. He took a shuddered breath, his first instinct to face it head on, but without his <orders> he couldn't do anything, so he ran.</orders>

He ran as fast as his legs carried him, but the explosion of terror and death kept expanding and growing in size and speed, getting louder and louder and louder.

Out of fear, he turned around one more time, and he was consumed by the thing straight from hell.

=====================

Akira woke up in a sweat. His body suddenly leant forward, trying to catch its breath. Thankfully, no one seemed to notice him, too busy doing their own thing.

His hand covered his head, 'What was what? What happened?'

He couldn't shake the feeling he felt at the final second. It felt like he was going to…die.

The sounds of clapping brought him out of his musings. He looked towards the door, where he and the rest of the passing participants looked at Mera, standing at the door.

"Congratulations on all of you that passed. Out of the 1847 participants that arrived at the first round, only 242 remained. You 242 are the cream of the crop, well done." Mera said with a smile.

Akira slapped his cheeks, nodding to himself, 'I need to focus on the exam right now. Ignore that dream, use an <order> to take your mind off it if you have to.'

"But," The smiles on the faces of everyone in the room were short lived, turning into frowns of dread and slumped backs. Mera seemed to take solace in this as he paused for an extra moment before speaking, "We must thin the herd even more. As I said previously, we must only accept the best of the best, and some of you don't deserve to be here…So for the second round of the exams, we will be doing something different compared to the first. In the first round you were tested mainly on your combat ability, but also on other things such as your critical thinking, intelligence and overall battle sense. The second round will test something different. There has been a villain attack on a densely populated town in Japan. As a result, there are lots of people injured, trapped, possibly near death who need your help. It is your job to save as many of them as you can, just like a hero would." Mera explained.

"You can work together as a team, or by yourself, but use your training to reassure and rescue these poor people, ok?"

Mera left just as soon as he arrived, not even bothering to explain the rules twice. Akira could only thank himself that he had woken up early, otherwise he would have had no idea what was going on, or better yet missed the second stage.

'So it's the same as in canon then?' Akira pondered, 'I just need to save as many people as I can and do a good job doing it.'

Akira thought back to his days as a Vigilante and his short time he spent in America. He had a good experience of being able to chat with the victim. Calming them down was also a good skill he had picked up over the years. Almost being stabbed at 3am in the morning in the back of an alleyway is a sure way to get the victim's heart going.

Grinning, Akira cracked his knuckles, looking at the environment in front of him. 'The best selection of <orders> would be earth manipulation and super speed. The earth manipulation would help with all the rubble and concrete, while the super speed would help me bring the victims to safety quicker.' He analysed.

In the original series Gang Orca appeared as a villain and the participants were forced to hold him off, and in this iteration of the exams it would most likely be the same, but Akira desired to take no part in it.

If he could pass saving people, then it was the best option.

===============

Mera looked at the information on the screen, his usually tired look completely gone and replaced with agitation. "Classified information? How classified can this be?" He asked.

"Just who are you Akira Endo…and what is your quirk?"

During the first test, he saw how strong Akira was first-hand. He initially believed his quirk must have been some type of Gravity manipulation, but after reviewing the footage for the second stage of the exam, he saw a multitude of powers not related to gravity in any way possible.

He checked the score of Akira's score card. There were a total of 100 points to be had, 50 from the first stage, and another 50 from the second stage.

100

He chuckled dryly, what else should he expect?

"Nana, bring up Akira Endo's scorecard for me and knock it down by one please." Mera asked politely.

"By one? Did you notice an error sir?"

Mera stiffly nodded. "Yeah…an error." That answer sounded 10x better than just out of pure pettiness of not being able to figure out the mystery that was Akira Endo.

30