Chapter 2: It Is Time I Tested My Limits And Strength!
7.9k 25 193
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: It Is Time I Tested My Limits And Strength!

I stood before the lake and thought about what I had to do for a moment and realized I hadn’t gone through the basics of reincarnating into a different world. Just how much power do I hold as an individual, where am I going to live from now on, is there a nearby town I can go to? 

Live in a cave you say? That’s a funny joke you know because it’s a system of dark corridors which could house lots of goblins. That could spell disaster to me if I get caught, I have seen Goblin Hunter you know! I want to live freely and have enough strength that monsters of any level would be scared of me that is my ultimate goal thus off we go to test this thing called magic! A large open plain was ahead of us, uwah its so beautiful I think one day me and wolf pups might take a picnic here, for now we need to test whether I can cast magic or not.

“Alrighty! Puppers, watch my back!”

I say to the Fenrir pups as I start to focus more on myself, Mana Control was as the name states I was able to finely control mana in a way that I wouldn’t have problems skipping several processes along the way. To the me of right now it feels like natural thing which is strange considering that I never used magic in my entire  previous life obviously. Is this the body’s original mana that’s been transferred to me instead? I activated Chant Revocation just in case, this was to skip on the time used to chant a spell now it was time to pick one.

“Alright then let’s begin.”

I closed my eyes and began to make an image out of something that I was familiar with. In front of me was a long list of spells that I had created for myself when I exclusively played Sword Fantasy, for instance the Flame Pillar of Hephaestus. Umu I will try that out. It took about 35 of my mana which wasn’t much most of the spells were low leveled, they had potential to grow was this being the evil goddess being kind to me?Well I will take her kindness and use it. 

“Flame Pillar of Hephaestus”

I uttered the spell that I wanted to use and thus to my surprise an enormous pillar made out of fire had burst in the middle of the plain. Ya. Be. I said it in the way a certain famous kitsune girl mentioned when something bad happened along with the surprised face as well. This would certainly be a signal to all the monsters nearby that something is at the plains, hence I doused it with Water Spray. 

〈 LEVEL UP! Level 6 → Level 7 〉 〈Acquired Sneak!〉

〈Acquired Invisibility!〉 〈 Acquired Camouflage!〉

〈 Acquired Unique Skill: Alpha-Omega’s Library 〉

It seems I have acquired my old library of skills huh? Since Alpha-Omega was my player name when I was still playing that game, cringe I know right?Also Ahre?What the hell was killed inside of this grass field anyway? Me and the pups walked in closer to the wet burnt up plain and saw many mana stones scattered around, I had to ask for Appraisal-tan’s help again.

『Killer Slime Core Lv6 』

“BROTHERS AND SISTERS!! I AM SO GODDAMN SORRY I DIDN’T KNOW YOU WERE THERE!!!”

They were invisible and waiting to attack me, pretty smart of you my brethren. 

“Hmm? What are you guys doing?”

The pups began to run to the mana stones and began to chew them as if they were tasty. 

“Hmm, maybe trying one out won’t be so bad. I sure as hope my teeth are strong enough for this” 

I took one of the stones that was on the burnt ground and cleaned it with my shirt and put it in my mouth, hmm?Why the hell does this taste like a Spr*te flavored candy?Maybe it’s because they were invisible it was nonetheless very tasty, wait isn’t this cannibalism?

『Acquired Kin Eater Title!』

“OIIIIIII APPRAISAL-TAN STOP!! I CANNOT GAIN ANYMORE TODAY!!”

I shouted at Appraisal-tan who seemed to be adding more and more whilst I was unaware, hmm if slime cores taste this good maybe I might kill more of my brothers and sisters to gain something akin to a cool drink from them. Aight soft drinks in this life getto. I heard the grass rustling and movements, I turned around in joy thinking it was some adventurers who had come to my aid! They had green skin, they had an average face, carrying only clubs and branches, some were riding oversized wolves.

“Guga gabuuuu”

“Goba gob?”

“Goba gob hehehehehehe!”

“GOBA GOB!”

Such strange adventurers….

“Let’s face reality. No matter how you look at it, that’s a horde of goblins coming towards you isn’t it?”

I retorted myself as I tried to escape reality with the pups growling in response to this.

“Hmm, I think it’s high time you two got to level up as well. I’ll cook goblin meat tonight. We are gonna be having goblin steak with some killer slime drinks!”

Geri and Freki looked at me with concerned faces and a whimpering that followed soon after.

“Okay, okay! I was only just joking even I am not that desperate!”

They both barked as the goblins began to make their move, they all ran towards me with furious anger for some reason I do not know. I am a monster too you know let’s be frieeeeeends!! I wanted to say but I was unable to do so, this is my first fight let’s gooooo!

The skills『Skill Eater』,『Absorption』, and『Dissolve』were terrifying skills to have. Trust me I should know, as soon as the fight began I started to use dissolve to completely rid myself from the goblins who wanted to come my way. A lot of goblins began to die one after another when I began to spam a combination of Dissolve and Fire Spear at them, it was a grinding tactic to conserve your mana as much as possible by using the lowest costing spell when killing low leveled monsters such as goblins and kobolds I would leave some out for Geri and Freki to finish off without them needing to fight these idiot monsters and die. As for Appraisal-tan? It’s been speaking nonstop telling me of the level ups and skill acquisitions I have been having for the past hour or so. I wasn’t feeling tired at all, I felt like I could go on and on and on forever. However then I realized I had killed all of the goblins in the area, they were about 240 of them. I sat down as I breathed a sigh.

“I killed a bunch of them which was actually fun, let’s stare at my status and see what I gotten from my first fight.”

• Name: Yukiyo Shinohara

• Age: 0 (19 base appearance)

• Race: Slime (Dark Elf base)

• Title: Kin Eater (NEW!), Goblin Killer (NEW!)

• Job: None

• Level: 21

• Job History: None

○ Attributes

• HP: 15,000 (Increased by 5,000)

• MP: 105,000 (Increased by 5,000)

• Strength: 800 (Increased by 300)

• Agility: 800 (Increased by 300)

• Stamina: 500 (Increased by 200)

• Intelligence: 610 (Increased by 200)

○ Skills: 

• Area Scan Level 3

• Absorption Level 5 (LEVEL UP!) 

• Dissolve Level 5 (LEVEL UP!) 

• Object Detection Level 3

• Appraisal Level 6 (LEVEL UP!)

• Mana Control Level 4 (LEVEL UP!)

• Chant Revocation Level 4 (LEVEL UP!)

• Monster Detect Level 3

• Bow Technique Level 2 (NEW!)

• Club Technique Level 2 (NEW!)

• Tame: Wolf Level 2 (NEW!)

• Riding: Wolf Level 2 (NEW!)

• Rough Alchemy Level 2 (NEW!)

• Sneak Level 3 (NEW!) (LEVEL UP!)

• Invisibility Level 3 (NEW!) (LEVEL UP!)

• Camouflage Level 3 (NEW!) (LEVEL UP!)

○Passive Skills: 

• Superhuman Strength Level 4 (LEVEL UP!)

• Superhuman Agility Level 4 (LEVEL UP!)

• Magical Attack Resistance Level 3

• Physical Attack Resistance Level 5 (LEVEL UP!)

• Fatigue Resistance Level 4 !(NEW!) (LEVEL UP!)

• Status Effect Resistance Level 1 (NEW!)

• Regeneration Level 3

• Dark Vision Level 2

○ Unique Skills:

• Skill Eater Level 3 (LEVEL UP!)

• Belphegor Level 1

• Alpha-Omega’s Library Level 3 (LEVEL UP!) (NEW!) (30% Released)

  

I am becoming more and more like a monster holy shit, and this is just me confronting the goblins.

“Wait wasn’t there a Goblin Chief nearby? Let’s check his current location.”

Uwah! I incurred the wrath of the nearby goblin chief! I got cheeky and defeated a whole lot of his subordinates who were probably looking for a new location to settle in only for all of them to get killed by yours truly. 

“Oh well there’s nothing I can do about it.”

The Goblin Chief had arrived! He roared in anger as he saw the scene that unfolded in front of him and the culprit was right in front of him which made him even more angrier. He was a huge ugly goblin who held a gigantic club running towards me as I folded my arms with the wolf pups resting beside me but I had already made a plan for that. 

“Appraisal-tan let’s see his skills and not his status.”

『Goblin Chief

Active Skills:

Axe Technique Level 5

Sword Technique Level 4

Club Technique Level 6

Unique Skills:

Erase Presence Level 1

Agility Boost Level 1

Battle Beast Level 3

Strength Boost Level 3 』

Wow he is actually that strong, ah he is about to reach me and the little pups. I actually feel sorry for him. Before he gets to swing his club at me the ground collapsed from beneath him, he began to scream as he dropped to the very bottom. Me and pups peak in and a gruesome sight had revealed itself, he was pierced throughout the entire body by the sharp earth spikes I had set down there. There are signs that he was still alive, of course he would be still alive how could a monster as high as level 50 die to a trap like this? Well that’s where I come in.

“Still not dead huh? You’re going to regret being born, it’s time I ate some skills.”

I cast Flame Pillar of Hephaestus and the Goblin Chief who was grasping for life was finally dead. I sighed once more checking if there was no nearby monster that was going to come to ruin my victory against the goblins. 

“Yosh all’s well that ends well!Right Geri, Freki!”

They both barked loudly as I heard Appraisal-tan give me the news of my level up.

“You guys leveled up too! Tonight we are going to hunt some meat and……-?!”

『Level Up! Level 21 → Level 71! Now Initiating Racial Evolution! Fusion of Specific Skills: Sneak, Invisibility, Camouflage, Erase Presence, Agility Boost, Strength Boost. Required Time For Evolution: 72 Hours 』

“Oh shit not again.” 

I faded into unconsciousness as the wolf pups barked loudly with a dark cloud hovering over them as the sound of something beating its wings could be heard. Just what the hell is that? I thought before closing into the darkness.

193