Chapter 3: It Seems My First Friend In This World Is A Dragon
6.4k 19 161
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: It Seems My First Friend In This World Is A Dragon

『Racial Evolution Complete! Fusion of Specific Skills: Sneak, Invisibility, Camouflage, Erase Presence, Agility Boost, Strength Boost. Required Time For Evolution: 0 Hours』

Hmm?It seems I have woken up from my evolution slumber, geez I wonder if I am always going to sleep all the time because of this racial evolution thing. I am pretty sure I haven’t gotten up and opened my eyes. I open my eyes and the first thing I gazed upon were not the cute eyes of the wolf pups but the fierce condescending eyes of a dragon. UWAH?!I panicked as I jumped up to my feet and took a stance with nothing but my fists. The dragon’s scales light ocean blue in color, with deep sea eyes and a single horn that protruded from its forehead. It narrowed its eyes and sighed.

“W-What is it?!What do you want!”

“Calm down I am not going to hurt you. I was just worried about the little baby Fenrirs who were barking loudly when they saw you collapse. Sigh Humans certainly are reckless”

“Human?”

“You used Appraisal on me when you came to right?I reflected it back and saw you were not of this world from first glance.”

“Ah The Water Dragon?!”

“Indeed. You should praise me for taking care of your strange body.”

“Strange?”

I was still in slime form by the way, thus I was surprised as I was changing back into my dark elf base form this time i had strange white tribal like tattoos mainly focused on my arms and thighs emphasizing my body line. I was curious about my race thus I checked it.

• Name: Yukiyo Shinohara

• Age: 0 (19 base appearance)

• Race: Berserker Slime (Dark Elf base)

• Title: Kin Eater, Goblin Killer, Berserker (NEW!)

• Job: None

• Level: 71

• Job History: None

○ Attributes

• HP: 85,000 (Increased by 70,000)

• MP: 175,000 (Increased by 70,000)

• Strength: 7,800 (Increased by 7,000)

• Agility: 7,800 (Increased by 7,000)

• Stamina: 7,500 (Increased by 7,000)

• Intelligence: 7,610 (Increased by 7,000)

○ Skills: 

• Area Scan Level 5 (LEVEL UP!) 

• Absorption Level 8 (LEVEL UP!) 

• Dissolve Level 8 (LEVEL UP!) 

• Object Detection Level 6 (LEVEL UP!) 

• Appraisal Level 8 (LEVEL UP!)  

• Mana Control Level 6 (LEVEL UP!)

• Chantless Revocation Level 6 (LEVEL UP!)

• Monster Detect Level 5 (LEVEL UP!) 

• Bow Technique Level 2

• Club Technique Level 9 (LEVEL UP!)  

• Sword Technique Level 5 (LEVEL UP!)

• Axe Technique Level 5

• Tame: Wolf Level 2 

• Riding: Wolf Level 2

• Rough Alchemy Level 2

○Passive Skills: 

• Superhuman Strength Level 6 (LEVEL UP!) 

• Superhuman Agility Level 6 (LEVEL UP!) 

• Magical Attack Resistance Level 7 (LEVEL UP!) 

• Physical Attack Resistance Level 5 (LEVEL UP!)

• Fatigue Resistance Level 4 (LEVEL UP!)

• Status Effect Resistance Level 3 (LEVEL UP!) 

• Regeneration Level 5 (LEVEL UP!) 

• Dark Vision Level 4 (LEVEL UP!) 

○ Unique Skills:

• Skill Eater Level 3 (LEVEL UP!)

• Belphegor Level 1

• Alpha-Omega’s Library Level 7 (LEVEL UP!) (70% Released)

• Perfect Stealth Level 5 (LEVEL UP!) (NEW!) (Fused From Sneak, Invisibility, Camouflage Skills!)

• Limit Break: Attribute Boost Level 4 (LEVEL UP!)

  

 

Eh?Ehhhhhhhhh?!I leveled up a bunch of skills and gained several new ones, possibly from the Goblin Chief but if that is the case how come my magic resistance boosted up a bunch?I stared at the water dragon for a moment and it just looked away in embarrassment, I’ve caught my culprit case closed. I heard loud barking and saw two oversized wolf pups run towards me and lick my face all over.

“Geri, Freki”

I laughed as I mentioned their names, they had grown whilst I wasn’t looking dammit. What’s up with this size?!I looked once more at the water dragon.

“Thank me, I have taught these Fenrir babies how to hunt monsters using their great physical abilities”

“Thank you for teaching Geri and Freki how to hunt”

“Heh, I’ve decided to stay with you human”

“Why?”

“Because you are interesting and you have received the blessing of a goddess that I know nothing about, I best believe that this is better is it not?”

“Hmm this is a dragon’s way of saying I am lonely please be my friend”

“I-IT IS NOT!!I AM MERELY INTERESTED IN YOU THAT IS ALL!!”

“Okay okay lonely dragon-chan”

“My name is Shen, remember it well human!”

“The name’s Shinohara Yukiyo nice to meet you I hope we can be really good friends”

Shen turned her head to the side whilst closing her eyes, that’s such a tsundere thing to do. 

“Say there is a giant and orc king nearby right ?”

“Hmm?There is?”

“Yes. Why don’t we kill them”

“You are surprisingly bloodthirsty for a human”

“Well I was a heavy leveling addict in my previous world”

“That explains much. What benefit does killing them do?”

“More area control, more monsters get to know who is boss around here. Sounds fun right Shen?”

“Hmm you are right. What of their strength?”

“The giant is lower than you by a couple of levels, 6 levels whole”

“It should be easy to defeat it and the Orc King?”

“26 levels above me”

“Will you truly win?”

“Yes.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“When strength doesn’t cut it, then strategy and tactics does”

“Hmm that is certainly true, but you do know that the Orc King is surrounded by thousands of Orcs right?”

“Yes I do and that is why I am going to apply several raid tactics”

I said with a smile as Shen sighed standing up from its siting posture, heading deeper into the cave whilst I waited with Geri and Freki. I kept on patting them as I waited then Shen came back with a treasure box which it drops in front of me.

“Uh…..”

“Take it, you may need it”

“What is inside?”

“I do not know, I cleared this cave dungeon and made it my home thus I never bothered checking what is inside”

“Wait this is a dungeon?”

“Yes”

“How many floors does it have?”

“About 3 floors, they are all the same”

“You went 3 floors down just to get a treasure box for a person who have recently made friends with?”

“I DID NOT!!I THOUGHT YOU LOOKED SHABBY IN THE CLOTHES YOU WERE GIVEN!!”

“But these were given to me by the evil goddess, they are not that bad. You were worried about me weren’t you?”

“Tch humans are such invasive creatures”

This dragon is blushing isn’t she?Enough teasing her time to eat some pork!I looked at Geri and Freki who barked loudly with happy faces as something was going to be served for dinner tonight, I smiled as I opened the treasure chest.

『Acquired Item Box Skill!』

Uwah Appraisal-chan is spoiling me rotten, not that I have a problem with it. I had a hunch that this would be the case, what I saw was a black coat with a hoodie folded beneath a mechanical black bow. How the hell was it able to reproduce a modern bow like this?

“The treasure chest reads the soul of the one who opens and provides them what they need the most at the time, it also reproduces certain items from the memory of the opener as well as things that come from the opener’s world. It certainly is an advanced bow”

Shen evaluated the bow that was quite common in my world, I took the black coat and wore it immediately over my black shirt. Equipping the black mechanical bow that was called Star Cutter MK I, I looked like a high class dark elf from the future. It was now time to show the Orc King who was boss in this forest. 

“You look pumped, well may luck be on your side”

Shen said before flying off to the location of the giant that I had given her before opening the treasure chest. I stared at Geri and Freki who also nodded thus I jumped onto one of them and directed them at the settlement that the Orc King had taken residence in.

The Orc King Bugadris was sitting on his throne with his eyes closed and focusing on the auras that had surrounded him. He was at peace that he was slowly building his kingdom in this remote forest, no one dared to oppose him. He captured some elven women and made them the mothers of his children, once the Orc population had grown to a sizable degree he had them eaten alive as reward for their persistence and perseverance. They had to capture more females from other races since they could not multiply otherwise, but strength was needed to raid human towns and villages. One might think they are all powerful only for them to meet a being who stands above them and smack them back down to the mud where they belonged. 

His men who were also his children celebrated that they killed a Thorn Bull all on their own, it wasn’t an easy task. They were merry making with the stolen wine they had taken from a caravan of humans they had raided just a few days ago, this fort was made by them as well. It was aspiring he had done so much in a couple of years, he avoided the giant and dragon that lived in this area but he was close to reaching their levels. Finding high leveled monsters within this forest was easy, that’s why it was going to be an ease for him to catch up to the giant and the dragon soon. 

He opened his eyes and decided to walk out of his residence. He opened the tent and saw his children still celebrating their victory over a monster that would have otherwise killed them all, Bugadris raised his hand to silence them all. He was proud of them and was about to open his mouth. Just as words were about to come out of his mouth the bell rang loudly and filled with panic, he rushed up to the wooden tower that they had built and began to overlook the situation himself. What he saw astonished him.

In front of him was a mass of monsters heading towards their direction, Savage Wolves, Thorn Bulls, Gargantuan Crocodiles, Horned Bats, Fury Hawks, Malice Dogs, all kinds of monsters but none were worse than the four Earth Wyverns heading towards their direction. What in the name of the Great Orc Emperor had caused these monsters to form a group and attack his fortress, it didn’t even have solid walls yet just wood made from several Ents. Maybe this was a trial from the gods, to prove his worth to the world Bugadris immediately ordered the orcs to form groups that would kill the monsters but by the looks of it most wouldn’t survive this onslaught of monsters. If they wanted to live they had to furiously fight and be on their toes. A few hours before the monster wave hit them, the gate was fortified with massive boulders that the Orc Mages had made so they could have an advantage over the wave, this would be a disaster if they were to be infiltrated. 

Bugadris readied himself with his sword and wore his armor with a stern look on his face, this was going to be the hardest fight of his life. He had a goal that is to create a orc kingdom of his own, the humans often called orcs bipedal pigs but he was going to show them the strength of an orc, just like he would show the monster wave before him. He walked out of his tent once more and stood before the organized orcs who were waiting for his speech.

“BUKAKAGYAHIH!BUHIHAGAI!!BUMOUGAH BUGADRIS!!” (Orc for: We will not falter before this monster wave!I Bugadris will lead us to victory!![Do not ask how I know that I have played a lot of Japanese style RPGs])

The orcs raised their weapons and staffs into the air with a unified roar. It was their time to shine and become true heroes of their kind. Bugadris had managed to raise the morale of his forces.

“BUJUGAGA BUGIRUGAMAO BUSHA-?!”(Orc for: The gods are watching us let us-?!)

The gate which was supposed to be fortified was blown off completely, what remained were burned chars of what was once a gate. Imminent shock and fear were what was written on his face, instead of them fighting completely safe from the monster wave they had been thrust into the deep fire without the gate, the first thing that leapt into the now vacant space were two oversized wolf pups accompanied by a mass of Savage Wolves. Bugadris issued an emergency order that they had to adjust to the situation and attack whatever that is coming through that gate.

His children obviously tried their best to kill the Savage Wolves led by the wolf pups but they were failing, Bugadris was furious such an incident had occurred before they had the chance to retaliate. Many of the monsters had began to pour through the gate with the earth wyverns charging and shattering the wooden walls into bits, he killed several monsters gaining experience points as he did so but the losses were evident in this situation. Despite this he was still confident he could make it out alive even if his children could not, then a weird slime came his way which made him tilt his head a bit at how peculiar it was. It was all black shooting black acid at him which he ignored then it fired an arrow from somewhere to which he knocks to the side but then upon doing so the arrow exploded. Bugadris had come out unscathed but he had found his culprit, this weird slime was the cause of the gate being destroyed. He roared in anger as his plans were falling apart all because of a slime!The humiliation had conquered him thus he rushed forward to the slime which was transforming into a humanoid form to kill it.

Operation Pork Buffet Success! I reverted to my dark elf base form as the Orc King was running towards me with a silly looking angry face, I get your feelings man. Imagine building a fort such as this, raising your troops to be strong and the slowly leveling up as time passes only for you to get raided by a monster wave and the gate being destroyed by something as stupid as a strong goblin!Its crazy humiliating right?I had created Monster Bait which had pheromones which drove monsters into a herd and head to the place where the pheromones were located attacking the place and killing everything inside of it. 

But Yukiyo what about the pork that is going to be killed by the monster wave you ask?The monster wave will be satisfied with only killing the target not eating so I will be having a lot of corpses to gather with Shen who seems to have begun her fight with the giant. Geri and Freki have made some friends amongst the Savage Wolves, could this be the godly aura they have to make wolves think of them as gods?Well they are gods after all, I soon took the mechanical bow into my hand and pulled the bowstring back as a magic arrow formed in place of a real arrow. The Orc King swung his sword at me but then I leapt forward and landed on his sword shooting the magic arrow into his boar like face, he staggered backwards before roaring and swinging his sword wildly, he was really pissed off I can see that lol (w). I dodged his sword by going to my left side and shot several more arrows at the joints in his armor, which stuck through as I detonated them from the inside. 

The Orc King cries out in pain but it would be a far stretch to say that would immediately kill him, I swapped my bow and arrows for a sword which I had borrowed a dead orc it was a bit big but I could manage its weight as I swung instantly at the Orc King who was surprised to see a sword head his way. He dodged my swing but then saw that only only a feint to something more, you see I was aiming to make you panic and lose your sight. I liked to play dirty with bosses sometimes, the battlefield is not for the pure!I blinded him for a brief moment and cast aside the large sword for the arrows which I held in my hand, they were about four arrows in each hand. The swing of a wild sword hit the ground with me kicking the sword deeper into the ground lodging it firmly, I ran up the sword and stepped on the head of the Orc King leaping up into the air and threw the arrows at several spots within his armor that would cause massive damage. 

I rolled away from the explosion that occurs soon after and narrowed my eyes down to see I still haven’t killed this guy despite dropping his HP into the red zone. Geez just die already. 

“ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR!!!!”

The Orc King roared as his brown fur turned black with a black aura covering his body as it abandons his sword and stances himself with his fists. Ohhhhh so cool!But what skill is that?

『Advanced Battle Beast: Near Death Skill : Conditions Met!』

This is the same skill that the Goblin Chief had but more advanced?!I need this skill, if he is near death that means I have to one shot him. Whilst I was thinking such leisurely thoughts he had entered my zone of attack and threw a punch which I had to dodge by a hair’s length and slid below him, leaping backwards hastily thinking of what can immediately kill him. Geri and Freki were also watching, I had to look cool for a moment here. Then it clicked to me, I had several new Unique Skills and one attack from my library of skills that could synchronize with them.

“Alright time to end this show!”

I sprinted forward towards the roaring blind Orc King, he threw a kick that would blow a person’s head right off from their neck but I dodged that and then activated Perfect Stealth which made me vanish from his field of view and enter a zone where none could touch me (for now). He searched for me without rest as I smiled with an aria of ice forming behind me, I have at least 20 seconds to end this. I reappeared a safe distance away from him and began to run towards him with the aria of ice becoming brighter and brighter as time passes. The Orc King notices this and turns around but its already too late as hard ice forms around his legs, the background starts to freeze over as I approach him whilst sprinting. 

“Make the world into your ice palace, Skadi”

Immediately his body turns into ice as I swing the ice sword which was forming in my hand across the Orc King. A large slab of frozen pig falls over with me sighing as I sit down on the ground as Appraisal-chan gives me an update on my level.

『Level Up! Level 71→ Level 168! Racial Evolution Now Available!』

I could hear the beating of wings as I looked up into the sky and stared at Shen who was coming to pick me up.

“You really have won, surprising considering you are a frail human. I congratulate you”

“You know you can say that you were worried about me and rushed after your fight with the giant to check if I am still alright.”

“N-NOTHING OF THE SORT!!I CAME MERELY TO GATHER THE FOOD!”

“Cute, anyway it looks like we are going to have some peace around here”

“Yes it seems so.”

“What level did you get too?Mine is 168”

“I am an Level 224 Water Elder Dragon”

“Ohhhh a fancy race title to boot!”

“You can praise me more you know?”

“Oh sorry!O Great Water Elder Dragon Shen!Your Glory Never Ends!I Hope You Grow Into Godhood!May The Blessing Of-“

“Enough, most of it is coming off as hypocritical.”

“I will now select my race, take care of me if I knock out”

“You can just look out for yourself”

“That means you certainly will”

“Preposterous!”

I smiled as I teased Shen some more before taking a look at my evolution choices. 

『Please Select One Of The Following Evolution Choices:

A. Death Eater

B. Battle Mongering Idiot Slime

C. Chaos

D. Glutton 』  

OIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!All of these racial opinions sound so bad!!Its like I am turning into a final boss monster!!Appraisal-chan, no Appraisal-sama you sure this is the right evolution choices?! Appraisal-sama kept on showing me the same result over and over again. Uwah I guess I have to deal with it. Welp let’s choose the least dangerous sounding of them all, not B because its insulting me. C is too dangerous. D is a direct racist insult (because slimes have a bottomless stomach and are known as natural gluttons), aight A it is!I chose Death Eater as I chose and nothing happened. I didn’t black out or anything, hmm strange. Let’s check my status.

• Name: Yukiyo Shinohara

• Age: 0 (19 base appearance)

• Race: Death Eater (Dark Elf base)

• Title: Kin Eater, Goblin Killer, Berserker, Battle Addict (NEW!), Friend of Water Elder Dragon Shen (NEW!), True Monster (NEW!)

• Job: None

• Level: 168

• Job History: None

○ Attributes

• HP: 253,000 (Increased by 168,000)

• MP: 343,000 (Increased by 168,000)

• Strength: 175,800 (Increased by 168,000)

• Agility: 175,800 (Increased by 168,000)

• Stamina: 175,500 (Increased by 168,000)

• Intelligence: 175,610 (Increased by 168,000)

○ Skills: 

• Massive Area Scan Level 1 (LEVEL UP!) (Upgraded from Area Scan Level 10)

• Absorption Level 16 (LEVEL UP!) (Level Limit Broken!)

• Dissolve Level 16 (LEVEL UP!) (Level Limit Broken!)

• Object Detection Level 10 (LEVEL UP!) 

• Appraisal Level 15 (LEVEL UP!) (Level Limit Broken!)  

• Mana Control Level 13 (LEVEL UP!) (Level Limit Broken!)  

• Chantless Revocation Level 13 (LEVEL UP!) (Level Limit Broken!)  

• Monster Detect Level 10 (LEVEL UP!) 

• Bow Technique Level 10 (LEVEL UP!)

• Club Technique Level 9 

• Sword Technique Level 9 (LEVEL UP!)

• Axe Technique Level 5

• Tame: Wolf Level 5 (LEVEL UP!) 

• Riding: Wolf Level 5 (LEVEL UP!)

• Alchemy Level 1 (LEVEL UP!) (Upgraded from Rough Alchemy Level 10)

• Command Level 6 (NEW!) (LEVEL UP!)

• Necromancy Level 6 (NEW!) LEVEL UP!)

• Instant Death Magic Level 6 (NEW!) LEVEL UP!)

• Mana Recovery Level 5 (NEW!) (LEVEL UP!)

○Passive Skills: 

• Monstrous Strength Level 2 (LEVEL UP!) (Upgraded from Superhuman Strength Level 10)

• Monstrous Agility Level 2 (LEVEL UP!) (Upgraded from Superhuman Agility Level 10)

• Magical Attack Resistance Level 20 (LEVEL UP!) (Level Limit Broken!) 

• Physical Attack Resistance Level 20 (LEVEL UP!)(Level Limit Broken!) 

• Fatigue Resistance Level 20 (LEVEL UP!) (Level Limit Broken!) 

• Status Effect Resistance Level 20 (LEVEL UP!) (Level Limit Broken!) 

• Regeneration Level 15 (LEVEL UP!) (Level Limit Broken!) 

• Dark Vision Level 15 (LEVEL UP!) (Level Limit Broken!) 

○ Unique Skills:

• Skill Eater Level 10 (LEVEL UP!)

• Belphegor Level 9 (LEVEL UP!)

• Alpha-Omega’s Library Level 10 (LEVEL UP!) (100% Released)

• Perfect Stealth Level 10 (LEVEL UP!) 

• Limit Break: Attribute Boost Level 4 

• Advanced Martial Beast: Insta-death Level 6 (NEW!) (LEVEL UP!) (Race Effected Skill!)

  

Someone help me understand what the hell is up with this status?!I seem even more final boss than the final boss of Sword Fantasy!And most of my skills have had their levels broken and now they are going even higher unrestrictedly someone help me!!!I looked at Shen who just stared me and sighed whilst looking away, I won’t look at Geri and Freki’s statuses I might find out they are growing just as rapidly. I looked up to the sky and laughed a little, I was enjoying this life and I hope I get to explore more of the world. Who knows maybe in this world there are people who are stronger than me, I do not know. I will continue to level up until I become the strongest dark elf (slime) in existence.

161