Chapter 10: To Gain My Blessing, Fight Me/ Versus Nyarlathotep & Hastur
3.5k 15 119
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10: To Gain My Blessing, Fight Me/ Versus Nyarlathotep & Hastur

Being honest it would be tough to camp inside of the dungeon with the corpses of monsters laying around everywhere, so the troublesome task of cleaning up by means of burning the bodies with acid began. I had to say that it was fairly easy because I was a slime to begin with, the twins were playing around with Geri and Freki who were more than willing to playing with them. Their smiles made my work easier with Shen in a good mood to see me in my original form however she had a complicated grin as well, and Sev oddly surprised by how I looked.

“You are certainly irregular”

“What do you mean?”

“I have never seen a slime in this sort of color before, not to mention a slime with eyes all over its surface. Had I been an ordinary person I would have gone insane from seeing you inside of this dungeon”

“Yukiyo is a race that our race feared greatly because they were said to be the servants of gods from the stars. It makes sense given that she was blessed by an evil goddess from beyond our world”

“I do not know how to describe Lythalia-sama, she feels like an airhead at the same time a responsible person”

The first time I had transformed back into a slime so I could get rid of the corpses that would attract monsters inside the dungeon I had to take out the mirror that I had bought in the city where we had made our operations to stare at myself. I was frigging large not only that I was in a violet color which seemed to phase into a night color or a black color with glowing darker colors glowing ominously. Then came the numerous eyes that were all over my body which made me really scared of myself, I hadn’t changed jobs or anything but my race had remained the same so what made me change into this eldritch slime? I forgot about it entirely as I burnt the corpses of the goblins.

“Hmm I wonder if I can do some surveillance work as well. Let’s try it out”

I separated one of the eyes that was on my body and strangely enough something really odd had happened, it had floated on its own and was staring at me before turning its gaze to Sev.

“……”

『You have acquired the following skills: Remote Viewing, Dark Matter, Possession, Fear Inducing, Eyes of Darkness』

『You have acquired the following titles: ’Dark Matter Progenitor’, ‘Beloved of the Evil Gods’, ‘Mother of the Weak’ 

“Ah….”

“Let me guess this thing just became a skill didn’t it?”

“…..”

I can get behind the Remote Viewing skill, but ALL THE OTHERS MAKE ME SEEM LIKE A BOSS THAT A CERTAIN PINK PUFF WILL ABSOLUTELY DESTROY!!!Dark Matter Progenitor?!What the hell is that?! DON’T MAKE ME INTO 03 I BEG OF YOU!!!I have always known that dark matter exists but please do not make it such that I am the direct creator of dark matter, the other two I can get behind with again. Geri and Freki’s parents love me because I am taking care of their kids of them and raising them to be upright gods(?). Whilst I retorted internally the dark matter eye went to look at Geri and Freki as well Shiro and Kuroe.

“Mother is that you?”

“Kaa-san has become ridiculous again!”

“Ah is mama or a part of mama?”

“Good question you could say that it came from the essence that is known as mother but is complete separate from her. I find it cute though I do not know why”

Why aren’t you guys scared or anything?!I wanted to scream that out but I didn’t because I knew everyone was already used to my absurdity with the one at the forefront of that being Shen who merely folded her arms and watched. The eye had returned to me by the way and back into my body, this skill could be very useful if it learns the invisibility skill. Anyway the task was done and I had returned into my dark elf form wiping the sweat off of my brow(metaphorically). 

“Time to have a barbecue!!”

I shouted with everyone getting excited of the idea and gathering the necessary things which were needed. Orc meat always tasted fantastic and everyone slept in the beds that Kuroe created using the dungeon core of this dungeon.

“Hmm?”

Freki woke up suddenly with a confused look on his face, Geri soon waking up in response to him.

“What is it brother?”

“It seems that there are beings within my area of dominance.”

“That shouldn’t be possible.”

“I know but the fact that someone even got inside it must mean that they are either very strong or as absurd as Kaa-san “

“Then go ahead, I am going back to sleep, oh don’t disturb Shiro who sleeping on you”

“Alright, I’ll try”

A familiar had been summoned in Freki’s place to make her sleep on its body as he went out of the cave and began to run towards the location, the morning sun was already rising into the sky and the fresh smell of the grass made him appreciate it even more, the morning dew made the forest feel alive as the animals were now stirring up from the clutches of sleep itself. It was rather unnatural because even at this time the animals and even some monsters would start waking up and walking around that is to say, something was within the forest and keeping the animals inside of their sleeping grounds. Freki arrived at where he had set his Area of Dominance, he sees a sight he didn’t expect. 

A group of four humans who were all shouting moments ago and now pointing their weapons at him. They all had the aura that his mother Yukiyo had and all seemed to be lost within the forest just like how his mother was in the beginning. 

“I am not going to kill you, I do not find killing weaklings to be honorable but you all have an aura that is similar to my mother. I shall test you all to see if you are truly worthy of such skills.”

“IT CAN TALK?!”

“Ah….”

“EH?!I DIDN’T EXPECT THAT!”

“WOW!!!”

“Here I come”

The first to strike was the one with strange weapons in her hands that shot something that fell down to the ground, aiming for things like his legs and eyes but he was unfazed. They could do damage if the person firing such was stronger and higher leveled, Freki arrived at their location within a flash stomping onto the ground with a burst of flames erupting from it as he did so. To make them all realize the intensity of the situation he howled with his body being covered in flames, he stared at all of them who were now getting serious. 

“I have a plan, I hope you guys can hear me out”

Another of the intruders spoke and gave off an aura of a leader as she instructed all of them to attack. The one with the strange weapons kept on shooting at Freki’s legs and eyes. The beast kin with her great agility leapt in to slash at Freki who began to laugh as she was resembling him when he first began to hunt with Shen. After dodging several attacks he makes his tail hit her, the leader had arrived and slashed her sword on his body which didn’t do much to him, backing off quickly was unable to save her but she was able to land one more hit before being flung into the air by Freki. Sensing an attack from above a bullet of water was rapidly speeding towards Freki.

“Tsk, you think such a small thing can beat me!”

Freki leaps up and breaks the bullet into particles but something strange happens. The water starts to shine as it explodes instantly and makes a loud noise.

“We did it!”

“Was it worth me and Minami being decoys though?”

“It was, we managed to defeat…wait”

“What is it Chloes-san?”

“He is still alive!”

“hahahahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!”

From the sky a burning mass was reforming itself and becoming larger than before as it landed on the ground completely and utterly made out of black flames, he was pleased by the result. Freki could tell these people would make fine students of his mother should they know where she was. 

“Well that was wonderful, allowing myself to fall prey for your attack showed me that you certainly are worthy of your skills. Kaa-san would certainly rise you up to become even more unreasonable beings!”

They were shivering and sweating, mainly because Freki had gone into a state where he was almost a god. He reverted into a much more normal form and walked towards them with a smile on his face, he goes down to the ground and prompts them to climb onto his body so they could ride him.

“Such fine students, especially you little beastkin missy I like your style. I hope to see you break mountains one day”

“Uh, um t-thank you sir”

“We are not going to be killed…?”

“Why should you?”

“That’s a twist that I would have never predicted”

“Indeed”

☆ Yukiyo’s POV

I had woken up after hearing a loud bang and started to check on everyone who were still sleeping before waking up slowly but surely. Freki was out somewhere and I didn’t know why he had left so early without saying good morning to anyone. Maybe he was really that much in a hurry, I got up and began to stretch my tired body. Of course I could always turn back into my slime form but that would be troublesome so I decided against it.

“So everyone what do you want for breakfast?”

“What is your idea for breakfast?”

“Some bread, some juice, soup as well as some eggs and a little bit of pork in there”

“Sounds good”

It seemed that this was the best decision to go as she began to take out all the ingredients and started making breakfast but as if prompted by something Yukiyo stopped what she was doing and put back everything into the storage once again. Freki was returning but she didn’t know what he was returning with. 

“Mother is something wrong?”

“I am not sure, but my instincts are kicking in as if something huge is coming our way”

“Then we’ll take your word on it”

Shen folded her arms with a clear focus in her eyes, even Sev who was the most normal amongst a group of monsters and fiends could feel that something was wrong. The twins were silent and stood behind Geri who was in a stance of fighting, soon enough Freki had returned back to the dungeon and was carrying four people. 3 girls and one guy wait, that girl is a guy I have a keen eye that can spot traps. Anyway I walked to Freki with a smile on my face.

“You’re back, what took you so long?”

“Kaa-san I fought these kids and they are just as strange as you are!So I decided to bring them here to you!”

“Oh nice, uh welcome?”

The group of four got off of Freki, they were essentially high school students. 

“A real dark elf”

“And another Fenrir”

“As well as another human from this world, oh look two cute children!”

“Ahem how about introducing yourselves?I’ll start my name is Shinohara Yukiyo, I am an adventurer”

Like a lightbulb appearing above their heads they all reacted in the same way. This was the first time they met someone with a Japanese name and soon gave out their names.

“My name is Senjigawa Ryou”

“A-And i am Funamori Minami!”

 

Said the blonde girlish boy Ryou-kun and the black haired introvert plain girl Minami who stuttered which was cute as hell to Yukiyo.

“The name’s Chloe Knightfield Nishizawa, nice to meet you”

“Mochizuki Masayuki so great to meet a dark elf like you!”

Said the white haired westerner with tired green eyes and the slightly pump black haired Buddha with a smile.

“I get the feeling that you were all reincarnated or summoned…”

“We all are”

“I see that explains it. Now then since all of you have given your introductions my question is How about our other two very silent guests introduce themselves”

“It seems we got so excited she ended up sensing us through pure instinct alone”

“Indeed, something not even a god of this world could pull off “

“What form will you use?”

“I’ll use the most recent one as for you?”

“Something androgynous”

“You always use that form”

“Indeed”

Like a tear into space and time itself as a rush of wind came from somewhere as two entities exited the rift, a gorgeous chocolate skinned beauty wearing Ancient Egyptian clothing, her long violet hair swayed side to side because of the wind, her purple eyes held a certain quality of evil and madness within them, with the makeup only Egyptian royalty would wear. Her expression was one of a big smile, she stared mainly at Yukiyo and chuckled a bit. The person behind her was dressed in all yellow, having golden hair and a pale skin color. It was tough to say the person was either male or female hence Yukiyo just gave the idea it must be female(?), her yellow eyes filled with a curious infinity inside as they analyzed Yukiyo.

“Greetings mortals! My name is Nyarlathotep pleased to meet the one who is taking care of Lythalia’s children”

“Hastur, it is a pleasure to finally meet you.”

“Oh hello students we thought we should thank you leading us to this person. You will certainly become stronger than before”

The students who I was staring at certainly had the blessings of these two eldritch gods using my high leveled Appraisal-sama. I walked with Geri to where Freki was and stood in front of them.

“So what do you want with us?”

“We want to give you our blessing”

“However you must stand at least toe to toe with us”

“I see so it’s a fight huh?”

“YES AND YOU ARE OUR OPPONENT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!”

Nyarlathotep laughed madly as she pulls us into a separate dimension with Geri and Freki being sucked into it as well. The space was very unreal and surreal, if I had to describe it then I would say that it looked like this. A white sky with black stars, in it are several castles of different eras floating around I could even see some Japanese castles and pyramids in there. The ground was soft like sand at the same time had the appearance of grass, the trees took on geometric shapes and it felt rather strange and weird. 

“I SHALL START NOW TAKE THIS!!”

Freki bit the collar of my jacket and began to run quickly as a black hole was thrown towards us. At first the both of them were in normal form before they changed into their semi-god states sprinting as fast as they could despite being sucked in by the black hole which was eating everything. I knew this was something that was rather dangerous and was genuinely worried we would die.

“GERI!!FREKI!!I AM COUNTING ON YOU TO RUN LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER RAN BEFORE AND MAKING SURE THAT YOU ARE EVEN FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT!!I KNOW YOU CAN BOTH DO IT!!”

As if a limit had been broken within Geri and Freki, they began to shine brightly as they ran even faster than before dodging everything that the black hole was swallowing and proceeding to outrun it with Hastur clapping her hands at the sight of this.

“She has encouraged them to ascend to our status, the seed of Yggdrasil in times of great stress can break the system and make the ones near it ascend. Seeing it myself makes me glad she is on our side, that said her soul is rather unique.”

I could feel the two of them appear to be even larger than before, they had an aura that was exuding from their bodies. Freki had flames in the form of burning human skulls around him as well as being covered completely in flames with several tails that had eyes, Geri was the same but his aura had sparkling wolf skulls floating near him, as well as tails that had eyes. But one thing that I had to remark about was they had an extra eye on their forehead which could scare anyone into pure despair. I felt proud of them. I stood back on my own feet and stared at the two Outer Gods pointing my sword at them.

“……How is this a human soul?!”

“She is just an abomination as we are!”

“Heh she is one of our kind and that makes me happy”

Had I reverted back to my slime form?I can still feel that I am standing on two legs and my form is humanoid, ah the appearance I have as a slime is out and several Dark Matter eyes were floating about near me. D-Did I become a god too?I checked my status and that wasn’t the case, both the Belphegor and Marchosias skills had been activated at the same time. 

“Geri, Freki fight Hastur whilst I battle Nyarlathotep!!”

“RIGHT!”

“I WILL BATTLE YOU AS A GOD!!”

We all leapt towards the pair who vanished and teleported us a good distance away from each other. I dodged an attack from Nyarlathotep’s giant clawed arm, with the dark matter eyes firing consecutive energy arrows for some reason I felt my mana had increased tenfold. I held my sword and stared at the single red eye that was staring back with my focus doubling as I slashed at Nyarlathotep who easily broke the energy being thrown at him.

“Well Dark Matter is a really difficult thing to control and yet you are a pioneering it as if it were easy!”

We both clashed at the same time with Geri and Freki appearing right below us in the sky sending their claws at Hastur who had thousands of tentacles that attacked them. After separating I moved to slash at one of Nyarlathotep’s arms which flew into the air before punching me and disintegrating into nothing. I could see afterimages of that idiot vanishing at rapid speed, with the extra sense I used to know where these guys were I slashed to my right where Nyarlathotep was about to appear and crash her big hand but the impact was still enough to send me flying.

“Rainbow Thief”

“Oh?”

My sword began to shine in the colors of the rainbow as I ran towards Nyarlathotep who hadn’t expected that with the rainbow sword slashing across her body and being continually assaulted by the Dark Matter eyes which had started to fire arrows of similar colors at the poor evil god. This only lasted for a couple of minutes before Nyarlathotep vanished and send a thousand spears made out of hardened flesh raining down on us all. Within that moment the Dark Matter eyes all shielded me and opened their eyes in a rage as a beam of light shot at all of the spears with Nyarlathotep laughing madly as she had seen this in awe, meanwhile Hastur had been receiving a barrage of a mixture of clawed attacks, elemental magic attacks, and arms ripping her tentacles into pieces. 

“I can see why Lythalia chose you, your soul was not human to begin with. I do not know why the gods of earth did not notice you all this time or is it that you had such hidden potential that not even the Dream World Gods were unable to see such, it matters not I shall be the witness to your great power!”

“BRING IT ON!!”

““AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!””

Me and the Fenrir twins shouted as we leapt in once more to give our final effort to at least giving one scar to these pair. I focused my energy into the sword and shot at Nyarlathotep in rapid succession before entering a zone where only sword and claw were exchanging blows. The color of the sky was warping as well as the pair were reaching similar levels of concentration. Jumping back and hearing an announcement I had gained the ability to teleport and sat on Geri and Freki who were about to pull an attack on Hastur, Nyarlathotep stepped in as well with a smile as they combined their energy to fire a flood of energy towards us.

“Geri, Freki!READY?”

I said in a voice that obviously had a plan of what to do next. I was going to use ‘that’.

““READY!!””

“““DEUS MAXIS OMEGA!!”””

Combining our energy together we sent a sword flying towards the gods who had poured in their all and were smiling as they saw what was happening. The sword was cutting through their energy beam was about to reach them but was soon overwhelmed and sent back flying back to us. I leapt forward and protected the two by exploding into slime form making Geri and Freki shocked as well. I was stabbed by my own attack but I was still fine as we all went back to the ground with me still in a bit of pain, who am I kidding?I WAS IN A LOT OF PAIN!!

“Kaa-san!”

“Mother!”

“……”

“Protecting children who are not even her own….her compassion certainly transcends race”

“Indeed, I’ll heal you up”

Hastur began to heal me up rapidly before long I was standing next to the Fenrirs again who were now crying whilst hugging me with their paws.

“You have proven yourself to be worthy of our blessings, that is to say you will become a being who the gods of that world will fear and loathe”

“Uwah, is there a war coming or something?”

“Yes. The gods of that world want to use the Demon King and Hero as an excuse to acquire souls to slaughter gods like us”

“Wait, didn’t I do significant damage to you?”

“Could have defeated a galaxy level threat of myself in a truly unique battle but nothing much to me who transcends multiverses”

Nyarlathotep said whilst holding her hips with a smile on her face, Hastur on the other hand was impressed that the Fenrirs had fine control over their god like power.

“Well then I have added the blessing to your status and some skills you will need. If you change jobs again, you will certainly change race but it will not be much. A thousand forms will be needed for a being like yourself”

“Ah….”

“Also”

Hastur was about to say something and changed her expression from a stoic one to one where she was smiling.

“Take care of those kids, they need to take down the gods who discarded them and considered them useless. They are rejects who have something to prove to the world. I’ll make sure that dragon becomes even stronger”

Suddenly we had returned to the dungeon with the pair standing at the tear where they stood when all of this began. Waving at us with a smile before the tear stitching back up and and acting like nothing happened. I fainted something I hadn’t done in a long time right after hearing the announcer giving me new titles.

『You have acquired the following titles: Nyarlathotep’s Bishop of Chaos, Hastur’s Bishop of Forbidden Knowledge, Yggdrasil』 

119