Chapter 12: Please Do Not Forget Your Common Sense Like Me
4.1k 12 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12: Please Do Not Forget Your Common Sense Like Me

“The goal was 100 goblins to get used to killing a living thing and elevating to the next level of training killing 200 kobolds after that 300 orcs and 100 goblins together. So hurry up otherwise I will enter the fray myself!”

This was said by Yukiyo using the Dark Matter eyes that were watching the separated group of teenagers, roughly put they were in constant danger of losing their lives to either one of these things but somehow be it luck or the divine protections of the evil gods they were managing to avoid death each and every time. Chloe didn’t want to be involved in the training at first but had seen the kind of world they were in and had to follow through it anyway. In some form of hesitation she had wanted to snipe the goblins from a good distance away whilst gaining experience however when she first head shot the goblin approaching her she was struck by an insatiable lust to kill the monsters that were in front of her, she kept on shooting at them with her eyes glowing as she was going from a stoic sniper to a bloodthirsty gunslinging maiden of war.

“Uwah and to think that Chloe would turn into that from just receiving her first experience points. Not saying that I am much better”

Ryou was slashing the incoming hordes of goblins who kept on running towards them, they weren’t showing signs of stopping. Whenever a goblin got too close to Chloe she would instantly one shot it with an impact that would kill the other goblins with the blast radius, it was their task and they didn’t want to die from being killed by goblins. 

“Ryou-chan, Chloe-chan switch out!”

The two leapt backwards allowing Minami and Masayuki to enter the battle as well, this was in Yukiyo’s terms known as the switch out training strategy. A pair would defeat the required 50, with each individual killing about 25 of each enemy type. The pair who had been killing kobolds and orcs were now teleported to the locations where Masayuki and Minami were, as of now they had succeeded in managing to kill some humanoid monsters without flinching. If one kept on killing then it would become normal to them when the time came to kill actual humans. Minami dances around the slow goblins slashing their necks open, making sure she doesn’t get covered in blood with Masayuki supporting her from behind whilst firing different types of magic: ice, fire, lightning, and wind he had taken a harsh quick guide to gaining low tier elemental spells the rest was up to him to create.

“And to think Minami-chan would be so elegant in the way she kills, that shy girl is actually the warrior of the party. How ridiculous.”

“Mochizuki-kun now is not the time to be reflecting on what I am, we should focus on meeting the end goal of 100 goblins here as well”

“Hey its not like she is actually seeing……actually never mind one of those eye things is right above me isn’t it?”

Masayuki shut up as soon as he felt the gaze of the Dark Matter eyes and started to move forward as she shot more elemental based arrows and bullets.

“I am going experimental here so watch Minami-tan!”

“I am finished with my 25 goblins!”

“Righto!Let’s go, Shake the world with your roar: Dragon’s Light of Tyranny!”

Immediately sensing that this would do more than electrocute her Minami leapt backwards before making a dive right behind Masayuki as a thunderbolt that turned itself into a dragon struck all of the remaining goblins creating a big crater in the ground as a result. The training they were doing with Yukiyo was effective to an amazing degree if one was to be trained by a highly leveled person in this world their stats would increase depending on how much influence that person has over them. This was the reason why the heroes were being trained by experienced veterans and other heroes however as one would remark the training Yukiyo had made them go through was absolutely abnormal. It was irregular, it was supposed to be a trip for them to go to Shen’s sister in the high mountains. Something that they could have finished in a couple of days but with these complications those plans had to be stalled.

They all grouped back into the dungeon that Kuroe and Shiro had reconstructed the dungeon to be their safe haven from the hostile world, as one would tell they had built a bath house, a large playground and a library would only be accessed after defeating the crystal golem that could regenerate at a rapid rate with hotel class rooms that were their rooms. The kitchen and dining room was the hub area which connected their rooms together, Yukiyo and Shen shared a bedroom together along with the kids who were effectively their parents, Geri and Freki had separate rooms that catered to their interests: fighting and gaining knowledge with resting areas as well. Sev had her own room where she observed the monsters coming into the dungeon as well as documenting the behavioral patterns of the new races they evolved into. This dungeon of the twins was becoming very dangerous and the twins were beginning to master their Demon Lord skills which included dungeon making and monster enhancing, it was great research for Sev.

“Ah you’re back”

“In one piece”

The group of five had fallen on the soft tatami floor of the dining room where they lay for some moments. Yukiyo had appeared just behind them with a big smile on her face arms akimbo.

“You guys did great at this rate you’ll defeat anyone in no time”

“…….Yukiyo what level do you plan on making them reach?”

“Uh 300?”

“What levels are they on right now?”

“Collectively they are level 190”

“………what do you intend to do with them?”

“I want several of their skills to break their level limits of 10 and branch out like mine”

“Yukiyo….”

Shen walked up to her with a very concerned face and touched her shoulder.

“Oi these kids are not as abnormal as you for them to do that!”

“Uwah!Sorry!”

“But I do believe that they are quite close to it since you have pushed them so far already”

“I know right?!”

The fact that they had grown so much in the past 2 weeks was nothing to be scoffed at, they were a lot stronger than when they first came to this world and were ready to go out there into the world. It was something that they had to accept, they would change the world if they wanted to and would stand in the way of those who had rejected them before.

“Alright then let’s fight an Earth Dragon”

““““A what..””””

“An Earth Dragon”

“What level is it?”

Minami asked confidently as everyone else were too scared to even question that notion.

“A level 220 it should be fairly easy”

“Indeed”

“The level gap would make it challenging for them however they will quickly level up to B rank adventurer level.”

Sev said adding on with the group of four now remaining quiet because of the challenge that they were to face. It was rather horrifying but it needed to be done.

“Also guys”

They all looked at her with empty eyes.

“Once you get out of this forest and we teleport you back to civilization, remember to not forget the common sense of our world or else you will turn out like me”

“RIGHT!”

“Uwah am I really that abnormal?”

“Yukiyo you should have accepted that by now”

“I did but the reaction surprises me each time. So you guys rest up and relax, you’ll need it tomorrow”

“Make sure we don’t die Yukiyo-neesama”

“Yeah we don’t want to meet our ends here after all”

“Yup”

“You do have resurrection magic right Yukiyo-neesan?”

“YOU GUYS WILL SURVIVE!!”

Yukiyo shouted after getting annoyed by their trolling after which everyone laughed as tomorrow they would be graduating from her training and Yukiyo would be finally heading off to Shen’s sister’s home in the mountains.

☆ The Marquis’s POV

It had been well enough into 2 weeks without the return of Yukiyo and her family from their trip, this was to be expected because that forest was simply too dangerous for someone to just enter and say that they were going to be coming back any time soon. Mona had lamented that they had left and wouldn’t be back sooner, but Risa had comforted her by saying that they would coming back with all sorts of souvenirs. Franklin had been sitting in his office and resting after finishing the documents, a knock on the door could be heard with a tired face he granted the permission to enter.

“Ah, it is you Rem”

“How have you been doing as of late Frank”

“I can say I am resting easy without our dark elf friend running around and causing world changing events”

“I can understand your pain a little bit, she’s been gone for about 2 weeks right?”

“Yes”

“Did you hear of what happened over in the Cornea Empire?”

“They summoned heroes from the other world and are preparing to battle the demons and new demon king who will rise soon”

“Sounds like an excuse to just summon heroes who will cause public order and allow for some easy conquest”

“But are you worried though Frank?”

“Not at all”

“How come?”

“We have her, she is a Hero Killer and has a powerful dragon who has grown even stronger than the last time she appeared in the Soliea Kingdom. On top of that the Sage has befriended her and she has two gods in the making”

“Not to mention her Demon Lord candidate children”

“Ah that too. Any movements from the demons?”

“Well not really but apparently the Demon King’s daughter has gone missing”

“I certainly wonder why I hope it isn’t something about our dark elf friend”

“It certainly is, she killed that man who murdered her father. This kingdom has an open policy and is very neutral should we make the decision that we support the demons, the Cornea Empire will try to attack us obviously”

“But that isn’t a problem, I have already informed the King about Yukiyo and he is at ease that there is someone with power in the nation.”

“Also I came to ask what about the other demihuman nations?”

“Relations with the elves isn’t going anywhere, the beastkin are really stubborn and will only listen if the so called Gods descend upon their land”

“Ah, I can see why Gertrude wanted them to visit her territory. They would believe her that she met the gods of her land”

“I feel like she is doing something abnormal again”

“Same. There’s no trusting that dark elf, for all we know she might have evolved into a High Dark Elf by simply battling the large amounts of monsters located in the Alesia Mountains.”

“Maybe even a god”

“Don’t joke like that Rem”

“That dark elf has a different aura from the other elves I have seen in my life, she is special even more than the usual”

“Yes. I noticed that, however a god?”

“Well that’s the feeling I get from her anyway, we’ll see with time”

“Indeed, it was nice talking to you Rem.”

“Same thing here. I’ll be talking with you soon”

The door is knocked on furiously as the pair look at it and immediately answer for the person to enter.

“Yukiyo is back!And she is with some strange kids!”

“Speak of the Devil and she arrives.”

“Quick too”

They both sighed collectively.

☆ Several hours ago

They all stood in front of the closed cave which had been sealed up by some hero of the past, this was their final test from Yukiyo and they had to try their best. Ryou sighed as he looked at the others, Minami as nervous as usual but had determination in her eyes, Chloe was smiling a grin that could scare away anyone and Masayuki was excited. They were all ready for the event that was going to occur right now, Ryou looking at the Dark Matter eye that was floating above them nodded as it struck lightning on the earth door and destroyed entirely. With an immense roar being heard from the depths of the cave accompanied by a rush of large thudding footsteps, Masayuki leapt forward in front of everyone with his wrists shining as an array of magic circles glowed and a grin appearing on his face.

“Wall of Defense: Barrier of Light!”

Immediately an invisible wall had appeared and blocked the horns of the earth dragon that would have sent them all flying in multiple directions, using this shock that fills the earth dragon up Minami quickly moves as she jumps onto Masayuki’s shoulders before reaching the very top of the wall spinning before executing a dropkick on its head.

“Heh”

She smiles brightly like the sun before leaping back towards the wall, Chloe briefly walks forward without a single care in the world as she begins to shoot at the earth dragon whose scales begin to chip off from its body, in a fit of rage it swipes its claws at Chloe who quickly shoots heavy hitting bullets at them before leaping forward and landing on its right arm making it surprised as she shoots into its eyes.

“Alright your turn Ryou-chan!”

“Right!”

After making her quick retreat the earth dragon roars in anger after being blinded by the bullets that Chloe had used, its iron tipped tail rushes towards Ryou who simply unsheathe his sword before running forward and slicing it in half with ease cleaving it from its body causing it enough pain that could be said to be excruciating. This was rather a surprise that they could defeat the earth dragon with this much ease.

“Filthy…..humans….!!”

“Oh?It talks”

“I guess we have to step up our game”

“I’ll be first okay!”

“Minami-tan is on the offensive today, I’ll buff you up in the mean time so go wild okay”

“Yay”

“Ryou-kun we better act fast okay?”

“Right Chloe-chan”

“Prepare….to…DIE!!!”

It spew a mass of rocks in bullet like speed with Chloe and Minami smiling as their eyes glimmered in happiness as they leapt forward either shooting or slashing the rocks in near limitless energy pushing it back as time went. Finally reaching its mouth Minami slashes at its face in quick speed with Chloe firing explosive rounds to its face that cause the rock scales to melt a bit causing it to scream in pain but that it cut short by Masayuki who casts a wind spell that cuts the tendons of its legs. This was the use of Monster Body skill on a high level, a skill he acquired whilst training with Sev and Freki that granted him a good amount of knowledge about the bodies of monsters and where to strike. The upright earth dragon fell down on its stomach with Ryou rapidly approaching it, it spews another mass of rocks at him.

“Chloe do the honors please”

“Righto!”

She accurate shoots bullets that pierce the eyes of the earth dragon, the last thing it sees is the flash of a sword  swiftly stretching from a single slash into a hundred.

“Dance of the Blade Master: One Hundred Petals of the Gods”

The earth dragon crumbles into bloody pieces as they all gain a big amount of experience from this battle. 

“You guys did it, congratulations”

“It was hard but we defeated it Yukiyo-san”

“But you know what that means right?”

“We are leaving you and everyone else….”

Minami said with a sad tone in her voice as Yukiyo smiles at them beckoning them to come over by her side.

“Group hug everyone”

She hugs them all, quite literally stretching her arms out to embrace them all and puts them together.

“I will always be in contact with you guys, after all I gained a skill that will keep track of you guys. Worry not.”

“But….will we ever see you again”

“Of course, anytime actually. I’ll call you up using long distance telepathy”

“Yukiyo-san”

Minami started to cry as she heard her say that, with Chloe turning her head to the side. Masayuki was with his head facing downwards but he too was also crying, for Ryou she had reminded him of his mother who he unfortunately left behind in his world.

“Anyways its time for you to grow up and leave me, I’ll be with you for a little bit more before I leave you in the hands of a couple associates of mine”

A bright light envelops them and they are inside of an Adventurer’s Guild like place, obviously she hands them a little bit of money that they all share and keep in their storage as Yukiyo tells the receptionist to tell the Marquis and the guild master that she left them in their hands.

“Good bye and see you soon”

She waves her hands towards them and vanishes. She would always be with them no matter what and that is what they all felt in their hearts.

109