The countdown
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rowan and onyx gathered their wood, created a fire and did all the necessary things to cook the Woar. They sat around the fire and ate what they had cooked. Onyx just got a couple bites and already felt like he was going to burst. Even in his human form he didn't eat much but this was way less than he used to.

"Ahhhhhh~" Rowan said as he laid back holding his stomach.

"You handled that better than I thought." Onyx said next to him.

"It tastes weird but I was never a picky eater so it's fine." Rowan replied.

"Are you full?" Onyx asked.

"Yes?"

"THEN GET UP." onyx suddenly yelled at Rowan. Rowan flinched and immediately got up. "Lesson 3! Sendement and rendement! We use sen and ren for short." Onyx started his lesson again.

'Wow he's really not giving me a break' Rowan thought. 'Am I going to have to learn everything in one day?'

"You've already gotten started with Sen which is the act of exhibiting your Ahi energy from your body. Right now your Ahi is WAYYYY too WEAK! So you won't be able to do much with it…" Onyx said.

"….is that it? Just discouragement?" Rowan asked, stretching his arms out in confusion.

"Yet." Onyx finished his sentence." Once you get stronger you'll be able to affect others mentally with your Ahi and so much more."

"Oh" Rowan rubbed the back of his neck feeling dumb while Onyx smirked. "I fucking hate you."

"Anyways the other one which is ren, is the act of covering or sealing up your Ahi core completely. If a really skilled user uses sen to check their surroundings then they can locate your Ahi core. That's why you need ren."

"Ahhhh~" Rowan now understood more.

"This whole month, till the competition we will be working on your Ahi and strengthening it to the most so you can mature it to your peers level. After that we can check at the competition what the Ahi manifested into." Onyx instructed.

"What happens after I find out about my power type? Won't I need training for that too?" Rowan asked.

"You'll wing it." Onyx said with a straight face. Rowan stood there absolutely flabbergasted by onyx.

"Don't look at me like that. I will teach you some elemental magic which is probably the power you're going to get since I used to have it." Onyx explained more. "NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 50!"

"What?"

"I've always wanted to say that."

"Pfft!" Rowan laughed before screaming 'yes sir' and getting into a push up pose. The day ended with Rowan working on his body and doing meditation.

—————————-

28 days to the competition.

'Onyx told me to keep a journal for some reason. To look at all my accomplishments probably. Ahhhhh I don't know how to write this stuff down. Well….. we…today…alright I'm just going to write what I did today. Onyx made me work on my sen and make it reach further places. Of course I'm also doing the meditation and trying to concentrate with open eyes. Yea. That's all.'

25 days

'I forgot about this book lol. Anyways these past days I've been learning to really master sen and ren. I can now pick up rocks with my Ahi using sen. It's really cool! Also, I can keep my eyes open for about 5 seconds before the Ahi dies out. Onyx threw me of a cliff as well. Tbh I like it better when I keep my eyes closed….onyx isn't going to take that though. * sigh*.'

17 days

' LOL I FORGOT AGAIN! ummmm we have been working on incorporating things like speed and power into my Ahi training. Onyx said if I want to learn to do elemental magic like him, I'm going to need to build up my body. No more looking like a stick! No matter how much I eat though I'm still so pale. This man must've been a vampire bro.'

15 days

'Yea there is no way I can do this daily. After a whole day of training am I going to sleep or journal? These days we've been working on sword skills and things like that. I already knew kendo so picking up on some sword tricks wasn't that hard. Ofc I've been meditating and I can now hold on for a FULL MINUTE. HAHAHAHA onyx must be so glad to have such a talented student!'

10

`We kept working on strengthening my Ahi today As well. I'm getting better and better with sen and ren. My sword skills are also getting better. I'm now starting to try with all different kinds of weapons. Trying to incorporate some martial arts. Onyx has also been teaching me about things like how to heal myself with the Ahi, all the plants I can harvest to help me in the forest, etc. I've also been thinking about my hair. Should I cut it?'

7

'I've decided to keep my hair long for now. If it starts becoming a problem in the future I will deal with it then. Anyway I have been doing the usual. Onyx is becoming stricter with me for some reason. It could be because we are less than ten days away from the competition. My Ahi has also started becoming a lot stronger and I have a better reach now. I'm learning more and more about this world and how it works as well. I like it way better than earth tbh. I hope I can bring little bro here someday. '

5

'WOOOOOOO only 5 days to go. I'm looking better than ever and feeling better as well. It's great to be in a male body. Strength comes a lot easier and faster as well. That could just be the way the system is though, I'm not sure. Now that I think about it…'

"HEY ONYX!" Rowan yelled to onyx who was in his little house that Rowan built for him.

"Whaattt." He replied.

"I was a woman in my last life, right? So why wasn't I just reincarnated into a woman's body?"

"Well I'm sure Talis has already told you this but this world is VERY male focused. Most of those in the body lend program are men and those who get reincarnated are also men." Onyx explained. "A reincarnated woman in a woman's body is a very rare case. At least that's what they say. The selection is also random so I don't really know. Since you are different, you'll be very popular."

"Ahhhhh~" Rowan breathed out.

"I think." Onyx then quickly went back to doing his thing while Rowan gave him a side eye.

3

'3 days! Onyx is absolutely shitting himself lol! That's also leading him to be extra hard on me, though I don't mind since I'm used to it but it's funny. He can be cute like that sometimes. Most times he's an ass wipe. If I have learned anything in this whole month it's how to meditate. The dark circles under my eyes are coming back, because onyx has me meditating day and night now. I can use my Ahi and keep my eyes open for almost 5 minutes at this point. I'm also getting good at controlling plants and such. Onyx specializes in earth, so that's what I'm mainly learning.'

2

'FINALLY onyx said we can go to the city! Every section of the world is like a state in America but WAYYYYY bigger! Onyx has kept me locked up in this forest for the past month. Every time I tried to leave, his little plants would just drag me back, but now we're going to go shopping for new outfits and other things! I'm so excited about this competition now!'

0