Chapter 4
135 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The birds were singing, calling their females and celebrating the coming of the morning. The sun's rays were starting to show itself, albeit slowly.

When Theo opened his eyes, he looked at Penolope, who was wrapped around his body. Seeing this, he stopped moving.

'that's one way to wake up' he said to himself and smiled

Theo was excited. Since today was the first day he was well enough to walk, and this increased his desire to look around.

He wouldn't have a problem with the language either. He knew both Greek and Latin. actually, the old Theo knew. It was as if he knew now, though.

Penolope moved as Theo ran these thoughts through his mind.

For years, getting up early was almost ingrained in the slaves' genes. Penolope also carried these genes.

Penolope opened her eyes and saw Theo looking at her. "Good morning" he said and smiled.

"Good morning to you too."

After these words, Penolope wasted no time and got out of bed. She was about to leave the room and begin her morning routine when she remembered that she had been ordered to stay with Theo. This order exempted her from her daily work.

Theo, on the other hand, got out of bed and saw that his body was much better. When he stood up for the consul Alec yesterday, he had to use almost all his strength. But now he just felt a little tired.

That was good. At least he could leave the room and tour the mansion.

Penolope spoke as Theo moved towards the door of the room.

"Where are you going?"

"Oh, I'm feeling a little better, I thought it would be good to look around."

Penolope was in a dilemma. Consul Alec had given him 2 days to rest, but now the man in front of him wanted to go for a walk on the first day. Besides, what was she going to do now, was she going to follow him?

"But..."

"Oh don't worry, I know my own body well," he said and walked towards the door.

Penolope followed soon after.

"Can you show me the mansion," he asked as he stepped out of the room down a corridor.

“Okay…” said Penolope helplessly.

The mansion was quite large and consisted of many rooms, a living area reserved for slaves, flower beds and, of course, a few baths.

While visiting the various parts of the mansion, Penolope was talking about what the rooms and places were used for.

It was during this tour that Theo understood one thing clearly. Consul Alec was rich, a lot. There were almost two dozen slaves he saw working at the estate. Everything was clean, even the slave quarters.

Of course, seeing the duo, these slaves began to whisper among themselves.

But Theo didn't care much for that. He more or less understood why. A very expensive slave, they were trying to understand why he was worth so much.

A few brave slaves even offered him their best wishes.

The more Theo toured the mansion, the better he got to know Consul Alec. The slaves were happy and well dressed. None of them had scars or bruises on their faces.

When they wanted to enter a balcony while they were touring the mansion, the guard at the door stopped them.

He eyed the stranger in front of him, then saw penolope next to him.

"Who are you?" he asked. While this was a bit vulgar, the clothes he wore betrayed that he was not in the higher strata of the hierarchy.

"I am the new slave that Consul Alec bought. I went out to tour the mansion and understand my surroundings."

The guard turned his head to penolope, and his face relaxed when he saw her nod as well.

"Oh, so this is what a slave worth a fortune looks like, tell me why you're so valuable." said. His words sounded rude, but there didn't seem to be any malicious intent behind them.

"I don't know, maybe it's because I know both Greek and Latin. Also a bit of math"

"haha, a scolar, I see people like you are rare. But I heard you passed out, are you well enough to walk?"

"The long cruise and the slave trader's cruelty. A little food and sleep solved it all." he replied.

"Fuck them, same thing happened to me, it took me 2 weeks to recover after being sold."

"Oh, you're a slave too," he asked.

"No, he freed me 2 years ago when I killed a bandit who tried to attack Consul alec. Now I'm a paid guard."

"Oh, congratulations." said.

"It's been almost two years, long time no one congratulated. Oh, by the way, it's Titus." said

“Theo,” he said, and held out his hand. Theo felt as if they had become friends as the two shook hands.

"Can we go to the balcony, I wanted to see outside?" he asked.

"I'm afraid I can't let that happen. Lady Odele, and her daughter--"

His word was cut short.

"Titus what's going on" A female voice was heard.

Titus turned and went towards the balcony. It wasn't long before he came back.

"Lady odele wants to talk to you," said Titus.

6