Chapter 5
132 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Theo was surprised. He just wanted to take a tour today. He had no intention of meeting with Consul Alec or anyone else. But he did not have the luxury of rejecting Lady Odele's offer. After all, he was just a slave now.

He straightened his old and slightly soiled clothes and stepped out onto the balcony.

Penolope behind him looked like she couldn't decide what to do. But she must have finally decided to follow him, and she quickly went after him.

Theo had taken a few steps towards the balcony when he froze at the sight. In front of it was a breathtaking sea view. It was a spot that saw the whole city. You could see the ships moving in the harbor and people walking in the streets.

"ohm"

Titus' cough brought Theo to himself. And it made him look at the woman stretched out on the chairs set up on the balcony.

The woman looked to be in her late 20s. A purple shawl was draped around her neck over a clean white dress. She had white skin and light chestnut hair. Her facial features were simply proportional and beautiful.

The strangest thing was that he was not alone on the balcony. There was another armchair right next to the woman, and a 14-15 year old girl was lying there.

Thinking that it would be wrong to be too quiet this time, Theo approached the woman and spoke with a low bow.

"My greetings, Lady Odele."

"Oh, you're all right. My husband nearly strangled the slave trader for deceiving him."

"Yes, I'm better, my lady."

"Well, well, but why are you up, if I remember correctly, you were allowed to rest until tomorrow."

"I thought it would be good to see around before meeting with Consul Alec. My lady"

These words caught Odele's attention. Even Theo himself had intrigued Odele.

Although he looked like a respectful slave from the outside, it was clear from his eyes that he did not see himself as a slave. 'I need to talk this over with Alec, he might get us in trouble.'

"Oh, what did you see?" said Odele.

"Actually, I've only seen good things, Lady Odele. The slaves are clean and do their jobs with a smile. I also saw how big and rich the house was. And my respect for Consul Alec grew."

"haha, it's obvious that you're educated, you choose your words so well."

At this moment, the young girl lying next to Odele spoke.

"Mother, why are you so interested in a slave?" she said as she eyed Theo curiously.

Theo's eyes opened. 'mother.' Did she call lady odele a mother? The wheels in Theo's head began to spin rapidly. The marriage age in this period was 14-15. So it was possible that she was the daughter of Lady odele.

Of course, this was not something you would encounter in the modern world.

Odele said a few words towards her daughter. But Theo completely missed the words because of his surprise.

"What are you so surprised about?" Lady Odele asked when he noticed Theo's face.

"Oh, forgive me ma'am. I'm surprised that a young woman like you has a daughter this age."

These words, to the satisfaction of Lady Odele even more, let out a strong laugh.

"Haha, your Words reminds me of a poet. Are you sure your father was a merchant?" said the Lady Odele.

Theo's father in this time period was a Roman merchant, and his mother was a Greek woman. She received a good education because of her father's financial situation. And this was proven by the slave trader asking him a few questions before he was sold as a slave.

"Maybe because my mother's side is Greek." she said.

"Oh your name was Theo, right? Now I understand why you dont have a Roman name."

After these words, she paused and saw the sweat on Theo's forehead. "You can withdraw, I think you're still not fully recovered. Go and rest, tomorrow my husband will tell you about your duties."

"Lady odele, Young lady," he said, bowing, and walking towards the exit of the balcony.

Penolope followed soon after. There seemed to be something strange about what had happened. Although Penolope couldn't quite point it, there was something odd. The conversation was akin to that of a friend or someone of the same level meeting.

Shaking her head, she shook her head and she followed after him. This conversation seemed exhausting for Theo, who hadn't fully recovered and hadn't eaten.

On the balcony, a different conversation was going on.

"Mom, why are you so interested in him?" ' the young girl asked again.

"That slave your father bought to run the business. Your father spent a fortune, you know why?"

The young girl shook her head.

"His father was once a very famous merchant. Maybe he was as rich as we are."

"Then? How can such a man's son be sold into slavery?"

"We don't know, your father is investigating this. But if his son is half as good as his father, we've done the best shopping in history."

The young girl's view of this slave named Theo had completely changed.

5