Lucy
120 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

In the wide streets of Valhalla, where the the sounds of the motor vehicles could be heard echoing throughout the whole place as people rushed to continue onwards with their daily life, a man in a white dress shirt and black pants could be seen grumbling on the footpath. " Damn it ! Five days have passed and I've had no luck at finding a job. Even construction workers refused me, damn it. "

That's right. For five straight days, Lewis had constantly been for a job but to no avail. In these past five days, Lewis learned that mostly he was refused because of his left prosthetic arm. Most people, upon seeing it, labelled him as useless and tried to shoo him away as if he was a fly. And also having no legal identity with no records of education, the doors of every shop were basically closed on his face.

Walking aimlessly in the hopes that there would be a shop hiring nearby, Lewis walked past an alley from which the sound of a woman screaming could be heard. For some reason, the voice reminded him of a previous partner that he had, Wendy Cage. She was one of the best partners that he could ever worked with and not to mention that she was also brutally murdered along with the rest of his team.

"Forget it. You barely know her. ". Lewis mentally reprimanded himself as he continued on walking. He hadn't even two steps when the shrill cry for help was heard again. Before he could even react a blue page materialized in front of him.
========
URGENT MISSION
Save the lady in trouble.
Time Limit : 3 MINS.
Reward : x6 Charisma.
Punishment : Hidden.
========
Lewis was dumbfounded as he read the mission details. Grumbling, Lewis made his way into the deserted alley in order to save the damsel in distress. In the narrow alley, garbage was in heaps in every corner.Only a small chunk of the Sun`s light reached in the alley and thus it was really difficult to see in the dark alley.

Lewis could make out the silhouette of a young girl laying on the ground surrounded by three thugs. Lewis could see her hazel nut brown eyes. Those eyes contained within them an emotion that he was far too familiar with, Despair. By looking into her eyes, Lewis could feel the same despair that he felt on that cursed day. Unconsciously, Lewis started to clench his fists as he frustration started to build up within him.
" Damn bastards... How could they try to do such inhumane things to such a young girl. " Lewis mumbled.

" Hey kids. Do me a favour. ". Lewis called out to the three thugs in order to grab their attention. The thugs suddenly jerked at a high speed to see who was the bastard that interrupted their fun time with the girl. At first, they were wary as to who the person might be but after seeing Lewis`s "Skinny" figure, their mind and bodies relaxed at once as they suddenly took an arrogant demeanor.

The thug closest to Lewis spoke up with an arrogant demeanor,"Hey, bastard. Don`t try to be a hero and get... "." Get lost" Before the thug could even finish his sentence, a powerful kick was delivered right the middle of his face. The thug staggered backwards in surprise as he tried to find his balance. The other thugs watched as their " comrade " stumbled backwards with no balance.

The victim`s face twisted in shame and anger as he ran towards Lewis to beat him down. Lewis inwardly sniggered as thought to himself," What an idiot. Allowing his emotion to take control of him. No wonder he`s got so many openings. ". Jumping backwards, Lewis quickly got into a fight stance. Just as the nameless thug`s fist was about to connect to Lewis`s face, Lewis ducked down and delivered a huge blow to thug`s stomach. As thug No.1 rolled down on the ground. Thug No. 2&3 flanked Lewis from both the left and right side. Keeping his eyes on both of them, Lewis slowly stepped backwards while staying in a defensive position. Out of patience, thug No. 3 sent a kick aimed at Lewis`s stomach.Grabbing the kick with his left prosthetic arm kicked the thug`s knee making him fall down. Before Lewis could turn around, a huge blow was delivered to the back of his head, making him stagger forward and fall down on the ground.

Quickly stabilizing himself, Lewis looked back at the thug as he thought, " Damn I am getting way too rusty. to think that a punch from that guy knock me down.". Getting up, Lewis ran toward the last thug and kicked him in the gut. As the last thug rolled down on the ground clutching his stomach, Lewis heard a 'DING' inside his head.The blue page came again giving the following information
=======
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Reward : x6 Charisma.
=======

Diverting his attention towards the girl who he had saved, Lewis was finally able to see her facial features clearly for once. With golden hair and brown eyes, the girl was wearing a white shirt with a skirt underneath. She had a small and petite figure.

The girl shyly looked up to him as she said,"Th.... Thank you for saving me. "." No problem. I just hate bastards like them who take advantage of vulnerable girls. By the way, how did they even drag you here ?". Lewis asked. Instead of replying the girl asked " Are you new here ?".Lewis let out an awkward chuckle as he lied, " Yes. You could say that. ". " I see....These past few months, the country`s situation has deteriorated and crime has increased a lot these days. These days people are more focused on saving themselves and any cry for help is ignored. Even if it is happening in front of them because law enforcement is doing nothing and even the Government is ignoring their people as well.".

Anger started to build up within Lewis as he heard the news of the country`s situation. Slowly calming himself down, Lewis remembered that he forgot to introduce himself, so he could only awkwardly say, "I`m Lewis, by the way."." Hmmm? Ahhh... Ummm.. I`m Lucy. Can I take you to the cafe that I work at just to say thanks ? Please."." Oh. That isn`t really..."." Nonsense, just follow me OK. It`s my treat.".Shutting down any route of escape for Lewis, Lucy forced him to follow her. Left with no choice, Lewis could only awkwardly say," Thanks...".

'DING'
=====
HIDDEN FEATURE UNLOCKED.
=====

3