CH9: Anteiku
110 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Touka took one look at their new guests and knew they were trouble. One smelled, Touka swallowed to keep from drooling while the other smelled like bugs disgusting. She plastered a smile on her face along with her customer service façade. She waited for them to pick a table and sit across from each other before approaching.

 

“Welcome to Anteku may I take your order.” The delicious smelling boy stared at her with eyes so green they almost glowed with long black hair peeking over his face. He was dressed more like someone about to rough it in the mountains than a street goer.

 

“I can’t read any of this.” The boy said in perfect Japanese despite his words.

 

“Harry really, I thought you prepared for your trip here, how are you going to enjoy video games if you can’t read them. There are so many manga I wanted to show you, really buddy why didn’t you say anything?”

 

“Coffee black and strong and a sandwich.” Harry said.

 

Touka sighed and mentally ran through the list of sandwiches that tasted like cardboard to her. “We have tuna, roast beef, salami, turkey, and chicken.”

 

“Tuna please,” the boy said quietly. “Thank you, Ms. Touka.” The boy said and she tried to control herself. He only smelled amazing no big deal.

 

“What can I get you?” Touka asked bug boy.

 

“Mexican Moka expresso with foam Toaka.” The guy said with a little too much leering for her liking.

 

She had only crossed the room when she heard him speak again. “She’s as cute in person as I suspected. I wonder if she would go on a date with me, I would be happy to treat her to anything she wanted.” Bug boy said.

 

“Kill an innocent and we’re no longer friends.” The boy said and the context suddenly changed. Either bug boy was a serial killer, or they knew she was a ghoul. Touka honestly preferred the former she could clean up one piece of trash and make the world a better place.

 

The bell rang and she smiled as Kaneki and Hide walked in. They were two their best customers and good tippers. Unfortunately, they sat on Irimi’s side and immediately got around to ordering. Touka got her first table’s orders and kept an eye on the teen who smelled like bugs. If he stepped out of line she would squash him.

 

“You’re such a spoilsport. How will you ever get stronger if you care about every little incidental murder? I mean with your profession,” The teen smirked. “I don’t understand you Harry are you trying to be a hero.”

 

“With great power comes choice. I choose to help those less fortunate than me when I can.” Harry said with more backbone than Touka expected.

 

“How boring Jester would never pick you with that attitude your master must be quite a boring guy.” The teen said.

 

“Shinji insult my master again and there will be a fight.”

 

“Don’t get cocky with me you little shit. I knew a guy like you in my world another hero wannabe after Jester gave me his card, I killed him. Then I fucked the girls who like him and his servant. You think your tough I know more magecraft than a nobody like you will ever learn.” Shinji said.

 

Touka decided that she didn’t want to have anything to do with either of them or they should leave Anteku. She placed their coffee and Harry’s sandwich in front of him and prepared to ask them politely to leave. Then she felt a hand slap her butt when she passed by Shinji. Rage momentarily filled her.

 

“You shouldn’t grope girl’s Shinji.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Shinji said as Touka resisted the urge to throw an ax kick and pulp the bastards brain.

 

 

 

Then the bell rang and Rize practically flew into the booth. When the binge eater ignored the entire room and started sucking on a preteen’s ear Touka thought about calling the cops. Yea it could bring the CCG down on them, but spiting Rize might be worth it.  

 

The purple haired woman moaned in the middle of the room like a bitch in heat. “Oh, I missed you, last night was so much fun was it good for you.” Seeing how Harry wasn’t dead that meant, Touka didn’t like that image and Rize was more of a freak than she thought. 

 

She calmly yanked them off and resumed her former façade. “Is there anything I can get for you and your date? By the way how old is he?” Touka asked.

 

The purple haired guy snorted. “He’s eleven and that’s a shotacon I know woman aren’t normally tried like men, but this can’t be allowed.” 

 

Harry pointed at Shinji. “You did this.” Harry said.

 

“I’m not the one who exposed myself to a femme fatale.” Shinji said as Rize tried to bite into only to freeze from a sudden force. She watched Harry casually take another sip as his eyes glowed a bit more than what was human.

 

 “She exposed herself to me and then tracked me down to a coffee shop in the same area.” Harry said.

 

Rize straightened up and sighed. “You’re no fun, how are we going to role play if I’m the only one playing. We’re cousins after all and consider this revenge for embarrassing me.”

 

“Oh god did she add a new tag to her roleplay, or have you been adopted I doubt Zoran would be happy about that he prefers his apprentices to be orphans.” Shinji said.

 

Touka could at least respect Harry for rising above the conversation. “So are we done here Shinji, or do you want to show me more wonderful sites like maybe a prison full of pedophiles or I’ve never tried crack I heard the first hit is free.” 

“You’re being over dramatic. We’re just here to have some fun relax and enjoy your date before Chris Hansan shows up.” Shinji said.

 

“I need to prepare tonight’s dinner.” Rize said and winked before getting up just as Hide left. Everyone her included glared at the woman as she accidently knocked Kaneki’s book in the floor before the spaz asked her out.

 

“You know if I didn’t know better I would say she was a dinner whore.” Shinji said and Touka almost stumbled.  

 

“I don’t think we’ll be seeing him again. Maybe I can talk Rize into saving his bones she isn’t the type to use the whole thing anyway.” Harry said.

 

“What happened to your whole saving people thing?” Shinji asked.

 

“Doesn’t he know she’s a ghoul?” Harry asked and there was no doubt that they knew. At least he didn’t yell it out.

 

“No, I don’t think he suspects a thing.”

 

“Master said this place was full of weird people maybe he has a Goro fetish. I heard that’s a thing in the forums.” Touka stumbled again.

 

“Why am I not surprised you know about something like that? But no, I think he wants to have a sweet date with Rize with maybe a chaste kiss at the end.” Shinji said.

 

“On our first meeting she was naked chomping on a pile of bodies in the moonlight. I haven’t slept since then because I know I’m going to have nightmares. Even if she isn’t a threat to me seeing what she can do to ordinary people is hard to look at.” Harry said.

 

“Then turn her over to the CCG.” Shinji said and if anyone deserved it, it was Rize the crazy bitch.

 

“I suspect it isn’t her fault. Maybe if I was normal, I would feel differently but I can’t call myself human anymore. How do you deal with the change?” Harry asked and Touka was getting really interested.

 

“You know the ghouls can hear every word we say.” Shinji said.

 

“I could use more coffee Touka.” Harry said and she went to get him a refill.  

 

Rize returned to the table and squeezed in beside Harry.

 

“He knows we’re cousins and we’re all each other has. Kaneki is so understanding I can’t wait for our date.” Rize said and Toaka blocked her out.

 

“You’ve been changing for 6 weeks right.” Shinji said after a moment of silence.

 

Rize chimed in. “Yea I heard that so what happened are you becoming a monster like your buggy friend.”

 

Shinji snorted. “I’m far more human than he is and I’ve been changing for 3 years.” Shinji said.

 

“Jester exchanges skills and knowledge for points derived from quests. That must have been difficult.”

 

“He offered me a way out of my life as my grandfather’s pawn. All I had to do was betray my only friend, fuck my adopted sister’s twin, and hand my master a cup bearing all the world’s evils. In exchange he lined my soul with my friend’s 27 magic circuits granted me more circuits with every task and gave me various other powers. And now I’m being paid to baby sit you the little crowned prince of Zoran the Apocalypse King.” Shinji said.

 

“You’re close to the foundry realm from what I can sense. Master said that physically I’m ready for it but I’m not mentally there yet.” Harry said.

 

Shinji’s smile was smug enough to piss her off. The guy admitted that he betrayed his friend for power and probably raped his adopted sister’s twin. He was the type of guy she wouldn’t feel guilty about killing. She half expected all this to be a role play but the way the boy’s eyes glowed sent a shiver down her spine.

 

“I have one of my master’s skills and it nearly crippled me some people have all the luck.” Shinji stood up. Let’s go check out a bookstore maybe we can find some books to help you learn kanji. I can’t have an illiterate junior.”

 

“I would rather return to the 24th ward and make sure my workshop is being built properly.” Harry glared outside at the sun like it offended him. “Maybe I should sleep during the day.”

 

“Nope you aren’t moping about like a neat under my watch. Issei and Ron would take advantage of you to throw off fate without getting in trouble. There are a few things in this world that are truly interesting. Watch out for them they’ll try to take advantage of your naivity.” Touka knew this was really the weirdest day she had ever had.

 

If not for her nose and Rize’s attempts to eat Harry in public, she wouldn’t believe a word of it. “Hey Touka go on a date with me. I promise you’ll have a night to remember.” The look in the purple haired man’s eyes was crazy.

 

“Not on your life. Are you ready for your check and I expect a big tip for the trouble you caused me?” Touka said.

 

Shinji placed some bills on the table before pointing a stick at Rize. “Confundo,” Rize’s eyes suddenly glazed over and Touka had a bad feeling. “You want to protect Harry Potter at all cost and you consider him your shotacon wet dream.” Shinji said and winked at Touka before vanishing. Not a single customer seemed to notice

2