Chapter 19: Loot From Legion
480 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Good grief, I managed to rescue the girls and got some loot from the legionaries. The loot was quite massive as well. I wouldn’t be able to kill them all if not for the rifle that Ranger Jackson had given to me. Heck, maybe this rifle had some sort of ranger blessings on it so the legionaries weren’t able to gun me down that easily. 

I listed the loots that I had gotten from those dead legionaries. 

  • 2x Varmint Rifle
  • 1x 10 mm SMG
  • 30x 5.56x45 mm (FMJ) 
  • 50x 10 mm (FMJ)
  • 100 Bottlecaps

I decided not to loot their money, which was in form of this Caesar coins that I wouldn’t think anyone in the whole Mojave would want to buy. I didn’t find that the merchants in the Mojave would want to buy their outfits either. So, I only looted what I would loot. I didn’t find the throwing spears to be particularly useful for future combat, so I decided to throw them away alongside the rusted machete. 

With all of that getting out of the way, I needed to tend to these little girls. 

“Mmm, those red people try to touch me. I’m scared,” the younger girl said. 

“Don’t worry, I wouldn’t let those red people ever touch you again.”

I hoped that when she said ‘touch’, she meant it literally, and not ‘touch’ in a euphemistic way. I swore, that if the Legion decided that violating the 8-year-old girl was a good idea, I swore they were worse than animals. The only place where they belonged would be the end of a chopping board. 

It was scary food for thought as well, considering that those legionaries had reached this far west. They shouldn’t have reached this far. How did they reach this far? For mere slaves, were they really going to cross Colorado? Damn. 

I brought the girls back to their parents. She literally thanked me with all of her power. I just said that it was part of the job. It might boost my reputation in Primm as well, alongside spreading the words of Legion atrocity that would deal a large punch to the NCR. 

[Primm: Idolized]

That was quite a reputational gain, for a mere rescue mission. Thinking about it again, I was charging to a legionary camp with minimal preparation just for the sake of rescuing two girls. From an ordinary person's perspective who never held a gun in their entire life, what I just did was a massive feat in their opinion. 

Well, I’d make good use of this reputation, probably, I’d get a more dangerous job from Mr. Nash. After all, I had just needed more caps and I’d be set for life, and I’d probably buy a better set of armor rather than a piece of leather armor. 

Sure, it was decent, but it was still not that far off from the damage protection of a regular Vault 21 jumpsuit which Mitchell gave me when I woke up. Well, since I didn’t take too much time in rescuing that girl, it might be a good idea to return to Nash. 

“Hey, young man, I heard you just rescued Marisa’s children,” Nash greeted me as I entered Mojave Express. 

“Yeah, what can I say? I hate children being kidnapped,” I replied. 

“Anyway, here’s a special package for you, as a return for rescuing Marisa’s children. The payment for this package is 300 caps. The destination is the Mojave Outpost, this is for a ranger,” Nash said. 

I looked at the package. It was a rifle, a sniper rifle. To be exact, a DKS-501 sniper rifle chambered in .308 rounds. In the game, this was quite a decent weapon due to its huge critical rate, but I rarely used it since the enemy was rarely far enough to make engagement with a regular sniper rifle worth it. 

[Sniper Rifle (Owned Item)]

DAM: 51
DPS: 144

Mods: 3-12x50 Scope

It seemed that I could equip the rifle using the Pip-Boy, but for what? I didn’t even have the ammo to use it whatsoever. Well, I’d just give the rifle to the ranger which I didn’t know who. Still, if I had to guess, it would probably be the ranger that was overlooking the outpost from the rooftop. 

I never met him, nor I had ever met him in the game. He was probably a new character, or it just happened that I never thought of getting to the top of the roof to greet that particular NCR ranger. Well, if that were the case, I’d need to meet him. 

“This is some fine sniper rifle, where did you get this?” I asked Nash. 

“The gunrunner delivered it last night from Highway 95. They paid me 320 caps for the delivery, well, I’ll say that I give you 300 and I shall keep the rest, do you think so?” Nash replied as he returned to read the magazine from 200 years ago. 

“Alright, got it, I’ll be back shortly,” Nash said. 

Going back and forth from Primm to Outpost more than once made me realize how important having a vehicle was. I always spent at least an hour going from Primm to Mojave or vice versa. Still, I doubted that a regular wastelander would have something like a vehicle. 

So far, I only could see the NCR using vehicles and no one else. I wondered what kind of technology they had at the Strip though. The last time, I remembered that they erected a very large concrete wall surrounding the whole city. I wondered how they managed to do that. Perhaps, I’d visit the Strip sooner or later. 

The road towards Mojave Outpost was rather uneventful, with the usual Gecko surrounding the road, or even Radroaches, but nothing that the Service Rifle couldn’t handle though. After an hour of walking, I arrived at Mojave Outpost. 

20