BlackCrown: The First Year (III) pt. 23
189 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Violet stood there in utter shock, she couldn't believe her ears. She was just rejected! Not to mention in front of so many people, this was humiliating! Violet's never been turned down, not once in her entire life. Her parents doted on her giving her whatever she wanted.

As she grew up she received countless compliments for how beautiful she was. Violet knew that she was gorgeous, yet no one could stand by her side. She couldn't count how many times she has been pursued by men, yet the first one she accepted rejected her.

It was strange. Violet wasn't upset, instead something inside her wanted Nick even more. It was like that rush you'd get when chasing down your prey. It was like the thrill of the hunt!

She couldn't explain it in detail, but being rejected turned her on in a way.

Just thinking back to moments ago when her lips touched his caused her body to shiver as electricity ran down her spine.

The crowd was stunned, who would turn down such a gorgeous lady?

The males thought about it and shook their head, they'd never turn down her.

The females laughed in the inside. Showed her right for thinking everyone would bend to her will.

"Who is she?"

Violet asked Nick as she recovered herself.

She refused to believe he actually had someone that could compare to herself. He was obviously putting up airs in front of all these people.

"My fiance."

Nick replied in a cool tone.

"Is she prettier than me?"

"Yes."

Nick didn't hesitate to reply.

Comparing Celia to Violet wasn't hard, Celia truly looked better. Her attitude, and looks were both above Violets.

"What's your name?"

Violet asked him as she looked into his eyes. From the answers he has been giving her so far she could tell he wasn't lying. He had someone and he thought she looked better.

"Nick, Nick Wilson."

"I'm Violet Rose, and one day you'll be mines Nick."

Violet told him as she turned and left.

With Violet leaving it caused many of the students from Artemis Academy to leave as well. One of their most beautiful students was rejected, and they didn't feel the need to stay any longer.

"Rejecting such a beautiful lady, I have to say you're no ordinary male."

Freya told Nick.

She looked at him for a moment then turned to look at Violet walk away. She thought about what occurred seconds ago and shook her head.

"How'd you keep such a straight face when telling a lie like that?"

Freya questioned him.

"It wasn't a lie. I am engaged, and she is prettier than her."

Nick told her.

It was not like he was hiding it, no one ever asked him about it. If they did, he'd tell them.

Freya sulked slightly upon hearing his reply. She felt saddened that he was already engaged.

Nick patted her head lightly.

"Being engaged does not mean you have to get married. No one knows what will happen in the future, so i'm not really worried about it."

Hearing his words caused Freya to brighten up a bit.

Matthew felt disgusted when he heard Nick. He had a feeling that Nick might actually like Freya in that kind of way. She didn't have any charm, all she did was bully him and try to beat them up daily.

Now that he thought about it, she never beat 'them' up, only himself! She barely laid hands on Nick.

Thinking about it even deeper caused Matthew to realize, she only argued with him, only hit him. She either never or barely did any of that with Nick! He felt furious inside. They were a gang, if he should suffer Nick should as well.

However Matthew quickly gave up his thoughts and shrugged his shoulders, he didn't care anymore.

"Don't get her hopes up Nick, you still have Rachel!"

Matthew came up next to Freya and told Nick.

This time Nick made a slightly disgusted face, him and her? Never!

"She's not my type."

Nick swiftly replied to Matthew. He didn't know why Matthew was so hung up over her.

"Come on, tell me what's wrong with her?"

Matthew questioned Nick. With Nick always rejecting her, Matthew felt something was up. Even if he was engaged how could she be better than Rachel?

Nick laughed lightly as various images passed through his head.

"If I told you, she'd kill you. Anyways, let's go instead of standing around here. You all have a competition to get to."

Nick started walking forward, his words caused all the others to remember that they did come here for the competition. They were so busy thinking about Violet that they forgot!

When Demeter Academy finally arrived at the place the competition was being held, some students held their breath in awe. The building was huge, at least ten stories high.

There was a large sign on the building that said, "Sharpshooter Club". Under it were the words, 'Nothing escapes our sight.'. These words caused the students of Demeter Academy to click their teeth.

At the door was a group of guards that checked people into the building. The sharpshooter club members had to be checked in separately from the academy itself. Those who were not participating in the event could go explore the building.

Dianna stood by the club members while she looked at all the students who were not participating but came for support.

"Mr. Edon here will take you all to find a seat. Be sure to show us your support!"

She told them.

Mr. Edon looked at her like a sad puppy who was being kicked by its owner. He enjoyed being by her side as he could enjoy the view and make light conversation.

He felt that the two of them were getting closer, if the students won this competition he was planning on asking her out.

When he thought about it, Mr. Edon felt nervous. This would be his first time asking a woman out. He really hoped things would go well.

"What are you looking at? Go! Hurry and take them to their seats!"

Dianna yelled at him, but just enough so he'd get to moving.

She also felt his gaze was more focused on her body than anything else. She figured he'd be thinking of her this entire time instead of supporting the club members.

Even during practice he stuck to her like white on rice. She didn't hate it per say, but it did get annoying at times.

Mr. Edon sighed lightly as he lead the students away.

He remembered the layout of the building from the map he received last night. As they passed through the halls he marveled at the sight of this place. Compared to the buildings at Demeter Academy he had to admit this place was on a different level.

They passed by a few students from other Academies as well that were here. As Matthew passed by some of the females he started to compare them to each other.

This wasn't his first time interacting with students from other schools, but this time it wasn't a formal event. People could dress however they liked so he couldn't help but enjoy the view.

"Nick, i've been meaning to ask, but that Violet… could she be related to Iliana?"

Matthew asked Nick.

"Ms. Rose or Violet as you have called her is indeed related to Iliana. They are first cousins, but the feud in their family is one that should be posted in history books. Iliana is as cold as ice, while Violet is… more on the hotter side. In the Rose family, they are building for the future so naturally the next leader of the family will come from the younger generation. This causes all of the cousins to compete against each other. With the older generation always keeping an eye over them, when they do compete, it is at the highest level."

Mr. Edon must have heard him as he answered Matthew's question.

"If you must know how I know, I read up on all of my students. There is no one whose background is hidden from me."

4