Chapter 001: A New World
4.3k 15 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up ready to make some coffee and go to work. I'm a computer programmer with relatively good intelligence. It's nothing too special, just enough to be considered above average among my peers.

After a few seconds, I noticed something amiss. My bed felt different, and I know how my mattress feels. I spent more time deciding what kind of mattress to sleep in; than what to get my girlfriend for her birthday.

I guess that's why I'm single.

Anyway, that's not the point. I should be more concerned about my current situation than my damn mattress. I get up and look around.

By the looks of it, I think I'm in a teenager's room. A large number of posters and the suspicious number of tissues are enough proof.

I don't think someone kidnapped me. I doubt someone would kidnap me just to leave me in a teenager's room. Then again I do have a stalker who may or may not be after my life.

I didn't go to a bar last night so that rules out having hooked up with someone.

I end up in front of the mirror just to be shocked and horrified.

'That's not my face. What the fuck! I look like a damn teen. All be it a damn handsome one.' I start hyperventilating out of shock. Then all of a sudden.

[Gamer system has detected extreme emotions.]

[Gamer's Mind has been utilized.]

I suddenly cool down and get shocked for a whole different reason entirely.

I call out in a whisper, almost hopeful voice, "System?"

"Nothing?" I say, disappointed.

"Status?" I try again.

{ [ 1/3]

<Status>

Name: Masashi (A/N: It means 'Ambition' in Japanese)

Age: 17

Class: The Gamer

Titles: N/A

Level: 1 (0/1000)

Race: [Human]

HP: 10/10

SP: 10/10

MP: N/A (Current world does not have mana)

STR: 7

END: 7

DEX: 7

INT: 15

WIS: 15

CHA: 15

LUK: ???

(Avg. Adult Human stats are 10)

HP Regen: END x 5 (Per Min) or END/12 (Per Sec) = 35 (Per Min)

SP Regen: DEX x 5 (Per Min) or DEX/12 (Per Sec) = 35 (Per Min)

Stat Points: 0

(HP = END + STR/2)

(SP = END + DEX/2)

}

"Fuck" I say, startled and almost overwhelmed by this bizarre state of events. Yeah, the unknown LCK stat makes sense. At least the charm stat's something. And that's with really working out regularly or anything.

"Forget it. Show me the second page." I guess that Gamer's Mind has a passive influence too.

{ [2/3]

<Skills>

Class Skills:

•Gamer's Mind

•Gamer's Body

•Observe

Skills:

None

}

The Observe skill seems pretty self-explanatory. I focus on the Gamer's Mind skill.

[Gamer's Mind:

A passive skill that is given to beings with the gamer system. With this skill the gamer will never let emotions cloud their judgment.]

Okay, this is pretty straightforward. What about the Gamer's body?

[Gamer's Body:

The physique of the gamer is one with infinite potential. It is perfectly optimized to work with the stats system of the gamer system. This physique also gives the gamer limitless vitality, making the body ageless after a certain point]

"Well that's certainly overpowered," I said

Okay, I have a lot to think about with this info dump. Is the third section my Inventory?

{ [3/3]

<Inventory>

•Letter of Mysterious Origin

•Newbie Gift Pack

}

Okay, that seems useful. Apparently, I have an Infinite Inventory. Very useful indeed.

'Show me the letter.' I tried to use the system with my thoughts and voila, the letter appeared in my hand and I started reading it.

[Hey kid, I'm the guy that made the system. Be grateful.

Now, you must be confused about appearing in this new place with a new face and shit. You're probably confused as fuck about what happened.

Honestly, it's no big deal, this is a pet project of mine. I thought what kind of mayhem would a slightly sociopathic mortal cause in the multiverse

So, have some fun kid. Go nuts.]

Hey, fuck you. I'm not a sociopath. Or am I? That would explain a good number of things. Wait that's not the point. Now it just disappeared, literally warped out of existence or something, great.

Some potentially omnipotent dude just decided to give me an overpowered and limitless system without any cost at all and told me to go nuts in the multiverse. That sounds ominous and suspicious.

I've read enough fan fiction to know where this is going. Fuck it. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

'The Newbie Gift Pack.', I think and I see a notification.

[The contents of the Newbie Gift Pack have been added to the Inventory.]

{ [3/3]

<Inventory>

•Memory orb (Contains memories of your body. Warning: May hurt like a bitch)

•100,000,000 yen (around 740,000 USD) (This is all illegal cash so try not to spend too much in one go.)

}

Great the system's sassy. But this will be helpful.

'System integrate...' Wait no, I remember the warning. I'll lie down first. I go to the bed and lie down on the disappointingly blasphemous mattress.

'System, integrate the memories from the orb.' And indeed it did hurt like a bitch.

After a good 60 seconds of spasming on the bed in pain, I understand my situation, finally.

One good thing that comes out of the whole situation is that I'm in a pretty safe environment. No crazy strong entities can wipe my existence off of the world with a sneeze. This is a mana-less world as far as I can tell. Maybe some supernatural elements, I'm not sure.

It's the start of March right now and I'll be starting my third year of high school In a month. Funny thing is that I'm going to Minegahara High School. So, I'm pretty sure that I'm in the world of [Bunny Girl Senpai]. Especially since I remember seeing Mai Sakurajima in school at least somewhere.

The suspicious guy said something about the multiverse so I'll probably end up going to different fictional worlds, which sounds dope as fuck. I'm happy that I've gone to a peaceful world first. I don't want to start running for my life as soon as I get another chance to live.

Another thing is that the money that I got from the gift pack is basically useless. My parents died two years ago leaving me a damn good inheritance. As it appears, they were loaded. I have a few properties and other investments. All of it adds up to around a few billion yen. Then again, who knows when I might need to start using cash?

Honestly, I don't know how to feel about my orphan status. But I guess it's for the best. At least I get a new start. Also at least I didn't take over another person's body or anything. What happened was that my memories were repressed for a long time and now I have fully synced with my body.

I guess it has to do with the newborn body being unable to handle the full power of my soul. The system probably surpassed my soul to the level that my newborn body could handle. The suppression has been completely removed today.

I think I can have a good laid back life without any drama. At least in this world.

(A/N: That's a flag if I ever saw one)

The first thing I did after this massive information dump was to get a cup of coffee. I need to get my thoughts straight. I live alone in an apartment near both my old middle school and Minegahara High School. So that's pretty good.

It's a simple 3 bedroom apartment with all the basic requirements and then some. It's in a relatively high-end area with a good view. Apparently, I own the place so that's good, cause this kind of place is usually pretty expensive to rent.

The wildest thing is that I live in the same apartment complex as Sakuta. Just two floors above his. I'm actually good friends with both Sakuta and Futaba. I'm not that close with Kunimi though we do still talk. Also, Kaede is such a bundle of joy. Back when Sakuta's whole run-in with the [Puberty Syndrome] happened, I became something of a confidant for him. Kaede started looking up to me as something of an elder brother.

My original self was also something of a loner. I guess the past two years were kinda rough for me( him?). Seriously though, no matter how bad of a day I had, Kaede, the little bundle of joy that she is just makes my day with her presence.

After half an hour and a cup of coffee. I was ready with a rough plan of what I will be doing in this world.

[Quest Function has been unlocked]

{ [4/4]

<Quests>

[Main Quest: ???]

[Daily Quest: Start Working Out

Go to the gym and get a personal trainer (Use dat cash). Start your optimal workout program. Spend 1-hour minimum daily working out.

Rewards: +0.1 to All Physical Stats and 100 Exp (+0.1 to All Physical Stats for each extra hour in the day)

Penalty: None]

[Side Quests: None]

}

Well, this is useful. I guess this works on my subconscious intentions. I decided to go to the nearby gym to find a trainer and start my journey to... something, I guess.

I went and found this dude, Daichi, he's pretty qualified and helped me out with my diet and made a good all-rounded workout plan for me.

An hour and a half later I got home all sweaty and mentally tired. I guess this is what happens after neglecting my health for two years. But I can see myself getting used to this. The gamer body is utterly overpowered. I don't think I would ever actually get physically tired, even after working out non-stop.

This is a result of my SP recovery. The only reason I stopped was that I don't really need to go crazy for all this kind of stuff and I was also mentally tired. I'll just complete my daily quests and work on other things slowly.

I rested up and decided to start working on the further school syllabi. I wasn't bad at school but I wasn't a genius. I decided to spend 2-3 hours a day studying.

[New Quest Added]

[Daily Quest: Work on your Mind

Studying: 0.1 to INT Stat (For each hour spent)

Meditation: 0.1 to WIS Stat (For every 30 min spent)

Reward: 100 Exp

Penalty: None]

This is good. I'll start meditating twice every day for 30 min. Lastly, I want to learn some kind of martial art cause sooner or later I'll probably end up having to fight someone or the other.

[New Quest Added]

[Daily Quest: Learn a New Martial Art

You have to protect yourself in case you ever get into a fight. Learn martial arts daily for at least an hour.

Reward: 100 Exp (+0.1 to All Physical Stats for each hour spent to learn)]

I decided to look for any martial arts dojo nearby where I can start learning a new martial art.

I found a karate dojo nearby where I can start learning my first martial art. I went there and talked to the instructor about a relatively heavy routine. I will be spending 3 hours every day on this too.

This is good. My schedule for the next month is completely packed.

86