Chapter 029: Future Plans and Shouko-san
1.3k 1 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, Masashi and Mai are woken up by a startled Nodoka.

"Nani! What are you doing here Masashi-san? Didn't you go back to your apartment?"

"I missed my girlfriend."

"Please don't make me feel jealous of your couple things. I'm single."

"Too bad for you, I guess," Mai says to Nodoka.

"Since you've made up with your mother, will you be leaving soon?"

"Out to get me to leave already, huh brother-in-law?"

"We're not married yet," Mai says.

"It's just a matter of time honestly. Anyway, what do you girls want for breakfast?"

After breakfast, Nodoka leaves and Masashi and Mai go back to Masashi's apartment.

This routine goes back to normalcy for two days before Nodoka shows up at Masashi's house with a couple of bags in the morning.

"Hello!" She says with a cheery voice.

"Morning Nodoka. What's with the bags? Had another fight with your mom?" He asks her while inviting her inside.

"Yeah, I'm moving in with Onee-chan."

"Didn't you make up with your mom?"

"We went straight back to fighting. She was so bossy, ordering me around. Like, dude…"

"'Like dude…' my ass. You're living in Mai's apartment. Mai's living with me. End of story. I'll help you with your stuff and move it into Mai's apartment."

"I thought I was gonna live with both of you," Nodoka mumbles a little.

The door to Masashi's bedroom opens and a sleepy Mai walks out half naked with hickeys on her neck. She's wearing nothing but her lower pajamas and a bra.

"Onee-chan!" Nodoka exclaims as Mai realizes that someone else is in the room.

She calmly picks up a blanket from the room and wraps it around herself before taking a seat with Masashi.

She turns to a red-faced Nodoka and says, "Why are you here Nodoka?"

Nodoka is still stunned and keeps muttering, "My Onee-chan has been defiled by this monster."

Masashi leaves the sisters to talk among themselves. He goes to the kitchen and prepares breakfast for the three of them.

As Masashi's done with making breakfast, the girls also finish their talk.

"Come on, let's get breakfast." Masashi puts the food on the table and calls them over.

Nodoka takes her seat along with Masashi as Mai returns to the bedroom to wear something.

Nodoka says, "Onee-chan agreed for me to move into her apartment. Also, thank you. Onee-chan told me to thank you properly. I caused you a bunch of trouble, and you helped me out tons."

"Don't worry about it. It's not trouble for me as long as Mai's involved. She's my everything."

Nodoka just giggles a little at Masashi's cringe words, "I think I get it now."

"What?"

"The reason Onee-chan chose you."

Mai finally comes out and the trio eats breakfast.

After breakfast, Masashi and Mai help Nodoka move into Mai's apartment.

Two months later, on October 15th.

Mai and Masashi are walking back home from school.

"Where do you want to go to college?" Mai asks Masashi.

"Anywhere would be fine for me really. I just want to go to the same place as you. We're immortal, we can learn an infinite number of things and we have an infinite amount of time to do it."

"Yeah… literally with each other forever, huh?"

"Forever indeed. You're probably going to go to film school, no?"

"That was the plan but now I'm not so sure. I'm thinking of doing business studies."

"That works too. We can easily get into the best colleges in the world with our current records."

"Yeah, I'm thinking of trying for Harvard."

"That's a great place. I was thinking you'd want to go somewhere within the country."

"I want to travel, and see different places with you. I think it'll be fun."

"As long as you're with me, I'm sure that it will be."

"Yeah, you're right"

"I'm truly blessed to have you as my girlfriend. I feel like the happiest guy in the world."

"As you should be, I'm a catch. You're lucky to have found me."

"Hold back a little on the narcissism."

"I'll be busy soon once we start the filming of the movie."

"I'll still sleep with you every night though. So I honestly don't mind."

"Let's go on a date before I have to leave for the shooting."

"Yeah, that'll be fun. I already have an idea about the place."

"Listen here, Masashi."

"What is it?"

"I probably love you way more than you think."

"Then I'm truly the luckiest in the world. To have someone who loves me like that. It's the greatest thing in the world.

"To spend an actual eternity with the most important person to me is the greatest thing I can hope for."

"Yeah. Yeah. I'll be at your place in some time. I'll check up on Nodoka. Maybe she'll come with me for dinner." Mai says as she goes to her apartment.

Masashi turns toward his apartment and walks in. He sees a confused Sakuta looking at a letter in his hand.

"What's up? You look like you saw a ghost."

"That's because I think I did see a ghost." Sakuta says handing Masashi the letter.

"Shouko-san… She wants to meet you at the beach where you first met tomorrow. I'm going to assume this was not a prank from the middle schooler Makinohara-chan."

"I doubt it. She's going out of her way to call herself Shouko-san. This doesn't seem like a middle schooler's work."

Masashi starts walking to Sakuta's apartment.

"Yeah, you're right. What about Koga? You planning to tell her about your old flame?"

"About that…"

"You guys broke up?"

"Yeah, kinda. She broke up with me 'cause she was into another guy.

"I don't think I was that invested either, she was much more interested in her so-called friend group. We never really got the kind of time to develop a real connection."

"Well good for you. I never liked her anyway. Too bratty."

"How long have you been waiting to say that?"

Masashi just smirks a little and changes the topic, "Well that's good. You broke up and already have your old flame wanting to meet you. I'll be your wingman and help you out as much as you need."

"Thank you senpai."

"I'll be off, take care."

"Bye senpai."

Masashi goes into his apartment to rest until Mai shows up with Nodoka.

They hang out in Masashi's game room enjoying some karaoke. Nodoka was surprised by Masashi's skill in singing while Masashi took in the praise.

Mai gave him a look that said, ‘As if you made any effort to learn how to sing.'

Masashi telepathically said in her head, 'What's mine is yours baby, and what's yours is also mine.'

After that, they finally convinced Mai who rarely cooks to cook dinner for today.

After that Mai and Masashi went to sleep in their room as Nodoka went to sleep in the guest room, like the third wheel that she is.

“Hey, Mai?”

“Is something wrong, Masashi?”

“No, It’s just that I won’t be able to walk with you from school tomorrow.”

“Why? Do you have some plans?”

“Yeah, apparently Sakuta got a letter from his Shouko-san about meeting her at the beach. I’m going with him.”

“Are you sure that you’re not about wingman for him as he tries to hit on a middle school Makinohara Shouko?”

“No, no. At least I hope not.”

Mai just looks at him with a suspicious look.

“Think of it like this, if he is going to hit on a middle-schooler I’ll beat him up and drag his ass back for being a pedophile.”

Mai still looks at him, unconvinced.

“Come on, I’m really curious if Sakuta has some potentially dimension-hopping or time-traveling girlfriend.

“You don’t have the same person having two different ages without some of that stuff being involved.

“It’s not really that far-fetched of a thing in this place. As long as you have the ‘will’, you can probably do all kinds of things. Puberty Syndrome is pretty overpowered.

“It’s for science,” Masashi says the last thing with a self-righteous tone.

“Sigh… Fine, have fun with your scientific discovery about your friend. What time will you guys be home?”

“If we do see her probably like a few hours after school. But if we don’t see her we’ll be home before dinner. I’m going to make him wait for her for as long as possible.”

Mai didn't have a problem with that.

The next day after school Masashi and Sakuta go to the beach where he first met Shouko.

They wait for a few hours but she doesn't show up. Sakuta is disappointed but Masashi tells him to not lose hope. If his girl could leave a letter like that once, she can do it again.

52