Chapter 037: To Kanazawa
1k 1 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

November 20th

Sakuta, Nodoka, and Kaede are downstairs with Masashi and Mai who are about to leave for Kanazawa.

“The Kanazawa shoot’s scheduled for two weeks, right?” Nodoka asks Mai.

“Yeah.”

Masashi says to Kaede, “I know that you’ll be lonely without me, so just call me if you miss me. And also call me if Sakuta says anything to you. I’ll fly back to beat his ass up.”

Kaede doesn’t say anything and just giggles cutely while hugging Masashi.

“Why would I do that senpai?”

Masashi just smirks at him before giving him a hug and saying, “Take care of her, okay?”

“Don’t worry senpai. You can have a good trip with Mai-senpai. I’ll take care of things here. That’s what a wingman is for right?”

“Yeah.”

“Take care of yourself, don’t miss your practices, and don’t take too much stress, okay?” Mai says to Nodoka

“Yeah, Onee-chan. You’ve told me this twice already.”

“Well take care of yourself,” Mai says giving her a hug.

“Bye bye Kaede,” Mai says rubbing Kaede’s head.

“Sayonara Mai-san,” Kaede says, enjoying Mai’s touch.

Mai and Masashi say their goodbyes and get into the cab to leave for Kanazawa.

“You sure that you want to leave right now? With Kaede’s current situation and all.”

“Yeah. I’m too worried about her. I need to unwind and I found just the place for that in Kanazawa. I trust Sakuta to take care of her.“

“Yeah, he’s no less of a sis-con for Kaede than you.”

“I think he’s more of a sis-con than me. I’m honestly running away from the problem right now because I don’t know how to deal with it. He’s dealing with it first hand. All for Kaede.”

“Yeah, that’s admirable about him.”

“Anyway, let's move on. No more sad things. I came here to run away from my problems and I’m going to do it right.” Masashi says trying to hype himself up.

“I still don’t want you to run away like this. What if she regains her memories before you ever get back? She may not even be able to say one last goodbye.”

“… please. I don’t have it in me to deal with this, not right now.” Masashi looks at her pleadingly.

Mai can feel his utterly depressed emotions from the bond. He just wants to forget about the problems for a while.

Mai just leans onto him, trying to comfort him.

They reach Mai’s agency where the company car takes the two of them and Mai’s manager to the station.

They take the train to Kanazawa from there.

Throughout the whole ride, Mai’s manager gives Masashi an annoyed look thinking that he’s going to be a hurdle for Mai’s acting career.

Masashi just ignores her since he knows that she has good intentions for Mai. He’s investigated her enough to be sure of that.

They finally reach Kanazawa after a long ride and go to the hotel.

“What do you mean you’ve booked three rooms?” Masashi asks the manager in an almost amused voice.

“Exactly that, I booked three single-person rooms.” Mai’s manager says trying to make sure that Masashi stays away from Mai.

After a bit of back and forth with Mai's manager, Masashi got another room for him and Mai.

At this point Masashi could say that he’s not even annoyed, he’s just amused at Mai’s manager.

They finally go into the room to clean up and talk about what they’re going to do for the next two weeks.

“How’s your work schedule?”

“I’ll be working till around 8 in the set on the weekdays and I’ve got the weekends free. Oh and also, one day I’ll be going there late at night, there’s a night shoot.”

“Great so we got two weekends to play around on.”

“I’ll come by on the set with you tomorrow so see how the place looks, okay?”

“Sure. It’ll be fun. But do you want to stay for the whole day? You’ll get bored.”

“I guess you’re not wrong.”

“Yeah, I know that you have something that you’re planning to do here, you can get started on it today.”

Masashi just gives Mai a mysterious smile and gives her a light kiss on her lips.

The next day they both get ready for Mai’s shoot.

On the set, Masashi meets the director of the movie and talks to him for a while.

After the talk, the director enthusiastically calls the rest of the cast for breakfast at the restaurant nearby.

Masashi treated everyone to breakfast and convinced the director to introduce him as Mai’s boyfriend.

Mai was not amused.

As everyone’s eating breakfast, Mai and Masashi are talking and eating, doing their usual couple-things, making everyone jealous.

“That was dumb. Why did you have the director-“ Masashi interrupts her by putting a bite of food in her mouth as she’s speaking.

“I wanted everyone to know that you're taken,” Masashi replied while smiling at her.

“But-“ Masashi doesn’t let her speak as he puts another bite in her mouth again.

“I can already see the results. The arrogant-looking fuck who's probably the secondary lead with you would have at least hit on you.”

“He probably still wi-“ Masashi tries to put another bite into Mai’s mouth but she stops him, “Let me speak.”

Masashi just pouts lightly while putting that bite into his mouth.

“He probably still will hit on me, and I will deal with him as I’ve dealt with all others before him. This guy’s no different.”

“But I wanted to have some fun unnecessary conflict with someone and slap them in the face before I proceed to ruin their entire lives.”

“…Oh course that’s why you’re here.”

“That’s just an idea I had. I’m here for you though.”

“Sigh... You know what? I’m interested in this. But you’ll ruin his life after the movie. If you do it before it’s released then it’ll affect the movie ratings and I don’t want that.”

“Of course, that’s the plan. I’m just going to fuck with that guy, I don’t want to ruin the movie that you put in so much effort for.”

This time Mai smiles and feeds him as they continue to make plans about how to fuck with that guy.

After that Masashi leaves after greeting the rest of the cast and thanking them for taking care of Mai.

He could see most of the girls with metaphorical hearts in their eyes which filled his vanity.

Masashi also talked to the guy he was planning to fuck and boy was that fun.

“Hi,” Masashi says to the guy and brings in his hand for a handshake.

The guy gives him an arrogant look of disdain and refuses to shake his hand.

“Listen here you little fuck, you might think you’re some big shot but all you are is a bitch who’s got nothing on me.

“If I hear Mai tell me that there was someone trying to hit on her on the set I will make your life a living hell you got that, cunt?”

The guy was just utterly dumbfounded for a few seconds, trying to comprehend what the fuck just happened.

When he got his shit together he realized that Mai was pulling Masashi away intimately holding on to his arm as they smiled at each other.

‘Fuck you, you bastard, I will repay this humiliation tenfold.’ He thought with clenched fists and trembling eyes.

On the other side, “You think he fell for it?” Masashi asks Mai while laughing.

“Oh, definitely. All that’s missing is smoke coming out of his ears.”

“Perfect! I didn’t use intimidate 'cause then the guy would’ve just pissed his pants.”

“That would’ve been a scene.”

“I wanted to antagonize him just enough to make him mad for revenge.”

“It worked perfectly.” Mai looks at him with a mischievous smile.

Mai walks him out of the set as he calls for a cab to take him to the place where he was going to meet his travel guy.

“See you at 8?”

“I’ll come to pick you up, we’ll check out some of the places here.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Mai says as she gives him a kiss.

Masashi then gets in the cab, smiling at Mai whose waving at him.

“Let’s go.” He says to the cabbie as they drive off.

After about 20 minutes he’s at the place where he was going to meet his guy.

He gets some car keys, the address of a location, and some fake identity documents.

“You probably won’t need them but still, they might come of use.”

Masashi nods and thanks him before getting into the car and driving off to the location.

When he’s there he knocks on the door in a specific pattern as it opens up with a bulky guy trying to intimidate him, but it was difficult due to Masashi being even taller than the bouncer at a good 6 feet 1 inch tall.

Masashi just walks in and goes to the bar.

The place is basically like an exclusive club for people of a certain yakuza group and their customers.

“Hey beautiful, you got something good for me?”

“I have just the thing for you, sir,” She smiles at him sweetly and proceeds to give him one of the most expensive drinks.

Masashi takes a sip and says, “This is good.”

“Would you like something else, sir?”

“You wouldn’t happen to know about where one can loosen up their muscles a little around these parts, do you?”

“You want to go there? With such a handsome face, you could just let me take care of you. It would be a shame if something happened to it.”

“No thanks, I’m already taken.”

“Shame. Go in the back and meet Andre, he’ll take you to the place.”

45