Chapter 0045: Time-Skip
1k 1 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next few months flew by for Mai and Masashi as they went into their final year.

They both had already decided what they wanted to do in college. Masashi was going to apply to Harward.

He went for a dual-degree program with Mechanical Engineering along with Energy Science and Engineering.

Mai decided to apply for Harward too. She went to business school and majored in business studies.

On a side note, Sakuta finally found his Shouko, the older one.

He introduced her to everyone and Masashi got interested in her time travel ability.

As it seems, Sakuta did something which ended up allowing her to stay instead of disappearing back into her timeline.

He never told anyone what he did though.

(A/N: Ah, yes, ‘something’, the greatest power in the universe.)

The next year finally Both Mai and Masashi graduated high school and started college.

They had enough credentials to easily get accepted into Harward.

They got an apartment nearby to live together as their college lives started.

The next few years went by quickly as Mai and Masashi met and befriended all kinds of different people.

Being in one of the top schools in the world gives a perspective on how smart people can be.

Mai took a three-year Business Studies program to learn about how to manage finances and start a business.

She learned a large number of different management skills and how to deal with different kinds of people.

She never gave up on acting even then though.

She starred in 3 movies while she was in college, the latest of which was in Hollywood as she decided to move to Hollywood to act.

After she got her degree, for her fourth movie, she got a lead role in a movie directed by Damien Chazelle.

She got the Academy Award for Best Actress that year.

Masashi and Mai both attended the academy awards together as Mai had gotten an invitation and she brought him as her date.

Masashi was incredibly proud of her when her name was announced as the Best Actress.

With that done she took a back seat from her acting career and started a business.

She started an energy company that dealt with power generation and efficient use of energy.

While in college Masashi learned a large number of different things.

He ended up collaborating with people in different fields to research all kinds of different things.

Masashi learned how he could harness nuclear energy in a much more efficient way and wrote a bunch of research papers on that.

He even took up blacksmithing as a side hobby to tinker and make different things.

In his fourth year of school, he made a miniaturized nuclear battery that could power an entire city for a month before needing to be recharged.

It revolutionized the energy sector as Mai had been setting up the foundation of the energy business.

Once Masashi unveiled his new battery to the world, their company blew up and was drowning in profits.

The government was unable to force Masashi to publicize his research on the battery as all the research that he published was not even close to the core research that was part of the product.

Mai single-handedly managed the situation and was able to make the company flourish amidst the problematic government policies that were forcing them to hand over their research to the government.

A few years later after another Oscar on Mai’s part along with Masashi making more breakthroughs in the energy sector, the duo decided that it was finally time to move on from this world.

Mai and Masashi gathered all their close friends and relatives at a farewell party they hosted in their home.

Everyone that they both were close to showed up.

On Mai’s side, Nodoka and her mom showed up since she finally fixed her relationship with her mom.

Some of the people that Mai’s worked with before also showed up. 

The directors that mentored her and taught her different things, everyone showed up.

The same happened on Sakuta’s side.

Sakuta and Kaede showed up along with Shouko, as Sakuta’s date.

Even Futaba and Kunimi showed up together. They got together too in their final year of high school.

Some of the close collaborators who have worked with Masashi also showed up.

Everyone enjoyed it for a while before the time for the farewell came.

Masashi and Mai go to the makeshift stage as they address everyone.

Masashi starts, “Good evening everyone, I’m sure that you guys must be wondering why we’re throwing you all a farewell party.

“I’ll just be blunt and say it. We’re selling the company and donating the profits to charity.”

There’s a stunned silence in the whole place as everyone is dumbfounded at what Masashi said.

A few seconds later as there’s still no response Mai takes the reigns.

“What Masashi wants to say here is that we’ve had a whole lot of fun while enjoying everything that any of us could imagine.

“We have made an unfathomable amount of money and have lived in luxury for years and we both think that it’s time to move on to a new chapter of our lives.

“We are planning to sell this company directly to the government as they’re so generous to offer us the highest price.

“We’re donating all of that money to a charity cause why not.”

 Mai gets a single lonely chuckle from the still stunned audience as Sakuta is the only one that reacts.

At that point, there’s an uproar as everyone starts asking questions and Mai and Masashi satisfy everyone’s curiosity.

After about 2 hours more of random bullshit, there are only some people that are close left.

Sakuta, Kaede, Shouko, Futaba, Kunimi, Nodoka and Mai’s mom are the only ones that stay.

“So, would anyone like a drink?” Masashi says bringing out a bottle of whiskey and some glasses from the bar.

“So, what’s going on? You got any plans to do something after this?” Sakuta is the first one to ask them.

Masashi says, “We’re going to travel. See different places and have fun.”

Kaede who’s now in her final year of the high school asks, “Will you still talk to us regularly?”

Mai and Masashi give each other a helpless look as Mai says, “Actually, we might be going off the grid for a few years. We’ll still try to come back for festivals and some celebrations but we may end up skipping some, at least for the next year or two.”

The next is Mai’s mom who asks, “When will you guys get married?” Which seems to get everyone to perk their ears up.

Mai and Masahi look into each other's eyes and smile a little as Mai says, “We’ll see. Maybe after getting back after a few years or something.”

After asking some more miscellaneous questions, everyone is satisfied as they all bid farewell to the duo and leave.

On 1st January.

“You ready?”

“Yeah!”

Mai and Masashi are holding hands as they walk into a portal.

The moment they walk in they see all kinds of different flora and fauna as both of them hear a little ding in their heads.

“We’re in some kind of large forest.”

“Yeah,” As Masashi says that a panther-like monster runs up at him, trying to attack him.

Masashi just grabs the panther’s forelimb that’s in the air and swings it into the trees.

As the panther breaks a few trees and falls, Masashi gets a notification.

[+1% EXP]

Mai and Masashi check out the notification that they both got after entering the portal.

[Dungeon Objectives:

1. Explore the Entire Dungeon Area (1%)

2. Find and kill the boss in the central area.

3. Kill all the monsters in the dungeon.

Rewards: +100 Levels Each, Mana Manipulation, Armor of Salvation, Armor of Damnation, 50x SP potion

Note: All objectives must be completed to receive the rewards.]

“Damn, those armors sound badass. I kinda want it now. And the SP potions are a new thing!”

“So, you’re not even going to say anything about [Mana Manipulation]?”

“Of course, I am. I was saving the best for last. That’s the thing that’s going to be limitlessly powerful. Especially once our tattoos finally get charged up with mana.”

“Yeah. If we rely on our current method. It’ll take decades before the tattoos are even halfway completed.“ Mai’s face gets a little red thinking about the things they did to charge up those tattoos.

42