Chapter 0058: Heartfelt Talk
711 6 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Why are the two of you here? I haven’t asked you both that yet. I know that you guys were summoned from another world but what after that? Were you also sent here because people treated you as monsters after seeing that you could directly manipulate mana?” Yue asks Mai and Masashi as the trio walk down the stairs to floor 60.

It’s already been a week since they started training the imposing of will on the world and they’ve had very decent progress.

Mai and Masashi look at each other before Mai speaks, “Well… Not really. We were just exploring the dungeon with the others who were summoned with us and we got annoyed at their unnecessary drama.

“There were all kinds of weird people in that group and we didn’t want to deal with them so we just decided to jump off from a bridge that led us to this place.

“We met you after clearing 50 floors of the labyrinth.”

Yue just looks at them flabbergasted, thinking that they’re dumbasses.

“Why would you voluntarily come to the abyss? To sightsee? You were just annoyed at them.”

Masashi is the one to reply to Yue, “Well… we had other reasons too. You know about the legend of the Mavericks right?”

Yue just nods at Masashi, “They were rebels that tried to bring about the end of the world. They were persecuted for having forbidden magic and had to hide in the seven labyrinths. This is why they are almost impossible to traverse.”

“Yes, that legend. Well, it’s not accurate. I don’t know about the details but I know that these labyrinths were made as tests for the people who tried to go through them. At the end of the labyrinth, we’ll learn one of the seven forbidden magics that caused the Mavericks to be hunted down.”

“I see… So you guys were already planning to clear this place no matter what. Ditching your older group made no actual difference.”

“Why were you guys so annoyed at your older group?” Yue is very curious about Masashi and Mai’s stories since she’s been alone for centuries and finally has someone to talk to.

“Oh don’t even get me started on those fucks. They’re the most insufferable group of isekai’d people I could’ve met.

“One of them is blind to his fucking sense of justice to the point that no matter how much sense someone is making he’ll disregard them and believe that what he believes is the correct thing to do. Makes me want to twist his fucking head off. I ruined him for the foreseeable future before I came here. I ripped off the blessing that he got from Ehit, stuffing it into my inventory, and left the guy half-dead.

“Another is a fucking jealous psychopath who has just some twisted obsession with one of the girls. He’s the major reason we left. The guy almost killed one of his classmates, sabotaged the entire fucking situation, and acted like there was nothing wrong with what he did. Why did he try to kill the other guy? Because the girl he’s obsessed with is in love with him. He doesn’t even reciprocate her feelings. I killed him before we came down here because I was so tired of his bullshit.

“Most of the girls in the class are either bimbos with some kind of obsession with the ‘twisted sense of justice guy’ and most of the other guys are just lackeys. Either of the betrayal guy or another group that follows the twisted sense of justice guy.

“Agitates me to even think about those fucks.”

As Masashi finally finishes his rant both Yue and Mai are looking at him wide-eyed, surprised that Masashi got this agitated over a group of high school kids, but it made some sense to Mai, they were annoying.

“I see, they do seem very annoying from what you say,” Yue says before asking again.

“Are you trying to collect all the magic from the seven labyrinths?”

“Yep, that’s the plan.”

“Why?”

“…Why, huh?” Masashi pauses to think about the answer.

“We don’t have a specific reason, we were just bored and came to this world, we decided to collect the magic cause, why not?”

“You don’t have any goals? Like immortality? Revenge? Nothing?”

“Not really. We’re already immortal and unageing. We don’t want revenge on anyone. We’re just having fun in the world, wanting to experience different things.”

“That sounds like an interesting life,” Yue says with a tone that seems both envious and hopeful at the same time.

Mai easily took Yue’s bait and said, “You can live that life too. You’re already immortal, you can go around with us on our adventures. We even have our own home that’s always with us. You can live with us there. It’s a barren place for now but we can do so many things with that place. We can even make a kingdom there, for you to rule.”

Masashi had been trying to convey to Mai to stop but she didn’t listen.

‘Dammit. Now how do we have our freaky sex without Yue peeping on us?’

Even as Mai started saying it, Yue had stars in her eyes, “So you guys don’t mind me staying with you? Really? I don’t have a home to go back to… anymore.”

‘Well if she’s gonna be like that…’ Masashi thought with a sigh.

He rubbed Yue’s head and said, “You do have a home Yue, us. You don’t have to worry about being left behind. Ever.”

Yue’s entire world seems to brighten up as Masashi says those words. That affects the environment a little too as all the mana in the environment starts to light up and form flowery shapes of different elements. Yue did all this passively with her will just because she was so happy.

‘I guess that’s what centuries of isolation will get you.’ Masashi thinks that it’ll be too long before he could do the same thing as Yue since there’s no cheat with this. His system doesn’t affect or even quantify his will. So he can only train it to get better manually.

Yue rubs her head on Masashi’s hand like a kitten and smiles contentedly.

As Masashi’s about to bring his hand away, Yue just holds his hand on her head, silently asking for more head patting.

Masashi obliges gladly and caresses her hair as the trio finally reaches the 61st floor.

This place looks like a grassy plain with the grass being around 160cm tall.

There were a few hills but nothing too majorly difficult to go through.

This wasn’t a problem for Mai and Masashi since they were already much taller than the average person.

Masashi was sitting extremely tall at around 205 cm while Mai was 190 cm in height. This is why [High Humans] are called high. Either that or they’re just high on mana.

(A/N: Sorry.)

The tall grass caused a problem that Yue rectified by getting on top of Masashi’s shoulders.

This gave her a clear view of the entire floor since it was mostly a large plain.

Mai and Masashi easily went through the terrain without anything blocking their sight.

Masashi could see a few T-Rex-like monsters that were like cheap replicas roaming on the floor.

Their perception detected a different type of monster that had a cute little flower on its head.

[Observe] told Masashi that it was a kind of neurotoxin that directly took control of the body by disconnecting it from the brain, to put it simply.

He was confident that [Gamer’s Mind] could resist it but wasn’t sure about Yue.

He could probably develop something like this using his {BIOMANCY} but that would take time and research on how this thing works.

They were slow in going through this floor since the boss has a whole lot of those T-Rexes under their control.

They went through the floor, slowly sniping the T-Rexes.

Masashi took the opportunity to see how the neurotoxin affected the T-Rexes.

He couldn’t replicate the effect yet but understood how it worked enough to create a defense against it.

He created the defense on Yue’s brain using {BIOMANCY} so that she doesn’t end up under that monster’s control.

Yue just enjoyed the process as Masashi using his skill is very comforting, she felt as if she was wrapped in a comfortable and warm bubble.

Yue couldn’t even feel as if anything was different after Masashi cast the skill on her.

It was only a temporary defense as it’ll dissipate after 12 hours but it’ll do the job.

Running into the monster’s lair, Masashi let Mai replicate the ability with her {MIMIC} as the three bombarded the plant creature to death.

The entire lair was filled with the neurotoxin spores that are the medium for the flowers, Masashi collected a few samples just for the fuck of it as they leave.

“You know… Mimic is very useful for researching different abilities from the monsters. Like, that plant monster is dead but you have the ability so I can research its effects very easily. Maybe even amplify its power to take control of creatures that are resistant to poisons like this one.”

“Please don’t make me a test subject for your weird experiments.”

“Of course not. That’s a play only for the bedroom. I couldn’t bear to do that to my wife. I’ll be doing my tests on the monsters in the dungeon.

“Even after that, I’ll conduct human tests before even trying any of my abilities on any of us.

”That goes for you too Yue. I already have an idea of how to make your body age, but I won’t be doing it until we get out of this place.

“I’ll be testing it on other people to make sure that it works perfectly before I alter your body.”

Yue is surprised that Masashi also cares for her well-being and at the same time happy that she would probably not have to wait for too much time before she can grow physically old too.

After clearing that floor they go to the inner world to rest before they continue their daily routine.

Some constructive criticism would be helpful. If I made any mistakes please let me know, and I'll fix them. I'm only human, I make mistakes.

I post 10 advance chapters of the novel on my Patréon along with some exclusive R-18 scenes. Check it out.

www.patréon.com/addyctive

29