Chapter 0060: Guardian of the Abyss
758 5 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the trio of Masashi, Mai, and Yue was fully prepared for the next floor, they finally descended the stairs of the 99th floor to go to the 100th floor.

The bottom of the staircase opened into a massive open room. It was empty except for two rows of pillars that led to a pair of large doors.

The pillars seemed to have some kind of murals on them depicting the fights that the mavericks had against the god, Ehit.

Most of them seemed to have faded away with time, making the details impossible to gleam, which is weird since everything else has been maintained using some sort of time magic.

Surprisingly, they didn’t use that on the murals.

The entire room was a massive hallway to the boss room creating tension and the feeling of insignificance when one looked at the sheer size of the place.

Mai, Masahi, and Yue were unfazed as they walked the hallway as the pillars lit up, indicating the arrival of the challengers

They reached the grand door, stopping only to marvel at the design of the door.

Both the doors had faint silhouettes of seven people, probably the mavericks, standing in a heptagonal formation, ready to face the enemy.

The three of them take in the magnificent view of the hallway.

“This is the place.”

“The final boss, huh?”

“Let’s go!”

The three of them gazed resolutely at the double doors and Masashi pushed them open.

The moment they opened the doors they saw another room with an even larger room than the one they just came from, 40 meters in height with thick textured pillars to support the ceiling.

Half of that room was covered with water as if there was a huge pool within the room.

Suddenly there was a 30-meter-in-diameter magic circle that appeared right above the pool of water. It was a familiar magic circle, it was used to summon the monsters in the dungeon when the numbers got too low.

It was monster-creation magic that could instantly spawn monsters.

This circle though was the biggest of its kind that they’d seen yet.

That circle then released a blinding light, signifying the appearance of the monster.

As the light died down, the trio saw a thirty-meter-long monster. It was like a large snake but with a glaring difference. It had six heads, and each of the heads had a different pattern on its head, signifying the specific element that it wielded. It was the mythical Hydra.

‘Did those Mavericks know someone who was also isekai’d? Their monsters are uncannily similar to earth monsters. I bet this hydra can revive the cut-off heads too. Probably that white one.’

The moment the hydra came to its senses, its 12 eyes locked onto the trio and it roared, making the entire room shake due to the intensity.

With that, the red serpent head spewed out a torrent of flames toward the trio.

Mai copied the ability and blew an even larger flame at the damn red serpent's head. There was one thing Mai had an utterly crazy amount of and it was mana. It was completely off the scale of this world.

She utterly overpowered that head with the sheer quantity of the flames as it burned to death.

Meanwhile, Yue aimed at the green head which was probably poison from the looks of it. She blew up its head with her Crimson Javelin.

Masashi aimed at the white head, wanting to get rid of it as soon as possible since it would soon heal the other heads, negating all their efforts.

He took some throwing knives that he supercharged with lightning magic and let them loose at the white head but the yellow had what’s probably the earth element tank, blocked all of them but not before getting damaged enough to fall and almost die too.

This seemed like an easy fight but the white head caused everyone’s efforts to completely go to waste by instantly healing all of the dead heads.

The blue head, with the water element, tried to keep Masashi locked on by spewing barrages of high-pressure water at him.

Suddenly both Mai and Masashi heard a high-pitched scream.

“Aaahhh!!!” It was Yue’s scream.

‘The black head!’

Hearing Yue’s desperate scream filled with utter agony Masashi said, “Fuck this asshole.”

He sent a message to Mai to keep the red and blue heads occupied as he rammed into the yellow head with his body, stunning it for a second.

He then brought out one of his katanas. Using it as a medium, he cast an unholy amount of lightning through it, making the 80cm long katana into a long white blade of about 10 meters.

Lightning was crackling on the blade since Masashi wasn’t using fluid magic, so there wasn’t as much control over the spell but it got the job done since he took less than half a second to cast this spell.

Masashi swung the lightning blade at the stunning head and cut it clean off.

He then hurriedly ran to Yue, sending a long whip of mana toward the black serpent's head to distract it from Yue for a moment.

Within a second Masashi was at Yue’s side. He held her unconscious body in his arms as he telepathically said to Mai, ’The world, now!’

Mai follows his words without a shred of hesitation as she disappears into the inner world.

Masashi then brings out a big gift from his inventory as he sends out a little wave of fire before going into the inner world himself.

He appears in front of a worried-looking Mai with an unconscious Yue in his arms.

“What happened?”

“That black head probably had some kind of mental attack that it hit Yue with. As big as her mind and will are to be able to do so many things with magic. She is fragile and defenseless when it comes to the mental aspects.”

“Yeah. It’s one of Yue’s biggest weaknesses.”

Masashi nods as he says, “Can you use the healing ability of the white head? I’m not sure if the healing potion would cover the mental damage.”

“Yeah. I’m on it.” Mai understands what Masashi wants her to do and uses the ability on Yue who’s still in Masashi’s arms.

The effects are instantaneous as Yue wakes up.

As Yue wakes up, Masashi and Mai both hear a bunch of dings in their head, no doubt the sounds of the levels gained but they just ignored it for now.

She flutteringly opens her eyes, looking at the worried and concerned duo of Mai and Masashi.

“...Mai? ...Masashi?”

“It’s us, Yue what happened back there?”

She gently touches Mai’s and Masashi’s cheeks, ensuring they were both there.

Then she holds onto Masashi’s chest, pushing her head toward it, while trembling as Mai joins in the hug, trying to give Yue her warmth.

After a few minutes like this, Yue returns to normal, “I’m so glad... I thought I’d been... abandoned again.

“I was back in that prison. That dark place. I had been abandoned again, left in that place again.”

She realizes that they’re in the inner world again as Masashi puts her down to stand on her own feet.

“I’m sorry, I caused you guys to ha-“

“Nonsense. The hydra’s dead. We just wanted to wake you up before we went further.”

“It is!” “It is?”

Yue exclaims while Mai questions Masashi.

“Yeah, I left a big gift for it when we came here.”

“Don’t tell me.”

“Yep.”

“Really?!”

“I haven’t done it to any monster since we came to this world. I had to do it.”

“Crazy…”

Yue looks Between Mai and Masashi and stomps her feet on the ground while clenching her fists.

“Tell Me! I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Pfft!” “Hehe.”

Mai and Masashi again laugh at Yue’s expense as she gets mad at them.

“You-You guys are bullies. I’m not going to talk to you anymore.”

Just as Yue’s about to walk away Masashi holds her back, “I’m sorry, Yue but you just looked too cute, stomping like that.”

“I have to say I agree. You did look really cute.”

Yue turns away from them with puffed cheeks.

“Come on I’ll show you the aftermath of the gift I left for the fucker.” Masashi shows Yue a bloodthirsty smile that carried hints of vengeance. That expression strangely made Yue feel touched as she could recognize that the vengeance in his expression was for her.

The three of them appear in the crater as that’s all that’s left of the room. All the water evaporated, and all that was left in the room is a huge crater after the crazy explosion that utterly vaporized the fucking hydra.

This is the first time that there’s been any actual large-scale damage to the Labyrinth and the trio sees the true wonder of the magic that was wielded by the Mavericks.

The entire supposedly destroyed room was already starting to repair itself, getting back the structural integrity of the place.

It was a slow process but the entire room would be spotlessly fixed within the week as observed by Mai after a while.

The dungeon has its self-healing, respawning, and everything. It’s self-sufficient to let the people who clear the labyrinth get the ancient magic even if the previous dude was an asshole.

They turn and see two pairs of opened doors. One from which they came and one which probably leads to the lair of the Maverick and where they could get the ancient magic.

“Should we check the place out?”

“Sounds like a plan.”

Some constructive criticism would be helpful. If I made any mistakes please let me know, and I'll fix them. I'm only human, I make mistakes.

I post 10 advance chapters of the novel on my Patréon along with some exclusive R-18 scenes. Check it out.

www.patréon.com/addyctive

26