Chapter 0063: Rest
660 5 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After taking care of Orcus’s skeleton, Yue falls back to sleep since she drank too much of Masashi’s blood and is tired.

Masashi puts her to bed in the inner world since that way Mai can keep an eye on her.

Meanwhile, Mai and Masashi go to the backyard where they say what huge pool with the lion statue.

They’re both sitting together in peace as they enjoy the feeling of hot water, while in each other’s arms.

“Hey, do you want to stay here for a while?” Mai says to Masashi as she enjoys the feeling of being in his arms.

“What do you mean?” Masashi aks.

“Well, ever since we got to this place, even though we’ve been playing around the inner world a lot and everything, we’ve been running around too much.”

“You want to stay here for a while, rest up, train a little before we move on to the other Labyrinths?” Masashi finishes Mai’s thought.

“Yeah. What do you think?”

“Sure I don’t mind. It’s not like there’s much to do in this place anyway. We can finally develop the inner world into a real world and not just a little floating island within the empty void.”

“Yeah, I think that’d be fun.”

“We could finally finish our fluid magic training too.”

“So… We staying?”

“Yeah, anything for you baby. You want to rest up and have some fun here. I’ll even check out Hajime’s fight against that hydra when he finally shows up on floor 100.”

“Sure you do that.”

Mai just falls asleep in Masashi’s arms as they’re in the water and Masashi keeps sitting in the pool for another hour without really thinking about anything significant.

He just admired Mai’s beautiful face, which makes him want to protect her for all eternity.

He appreciates that devilishly sexy body in his arms that has become so much curvier since they were in high school.

After an hour of admiring his wife, he realizes that it’s already been an hour and just chuckles to himself as he drains the water before drying himself and Mai using mana.

Then he teleports to their room and puts Mai on the bed, tucking her to sleep.

Masashi spends some alone time as he just goes around Oscar’s mansion, through the rooms that were locked. 

He goes around slowly checking out the things that were left here by him.

The first room he goes to is the library. He finds all kinds of books there written by Orcus himself about his theories relating to artifact creation. There were even theories of different ways of using magic, including Fluid magic. 

It’s been a thing for a very long time but isn’t considered overpowered since it has a very stringent requirement for mana and people can’t use the atmospheric mana to cast it other than someone like Yue who’s able to manipulate the atmospheric mana directly.

He also found the blueprints of the place along with Oscar’s diary which had some information about the other labyrinths and how they also give one of these ancient magic.

It told about the information of the other six partners of Oscar Orcus.

All of them specialized in specific magic from the Age of the Gods and that was how the labyrinths work.

The creator of the labyrinth is the one whose specialized magic will be received by the people who clear that labyrinth.

The locations of the labyrinths weren’t written and Masashi would have to look for them on his own.

From Meld’s memories, he knew that the Grand Gruen Volcano and the Haltina Woods were two of the other labyrinths.

There was also conjecture that Reisen Gorge and Schnee Snow Fields also held labyrinths.

Masashi, through the knowledge of the plot, knew that one of them was right below the capital city of the kingdom that summoned everyone.

The last one was underwater and was going to be the most difficult to find since no one had an idea about its actual location.

Then Masashi headed to the workshop. That’s the place that held all kinds of things that Oscar tinkered with. 

There were unheard-of ores, artifacts, and little trinkets that would be the dream of a synergist.

Masashi decided that he would spend some time trying to work with this stuff himself since he was interested in making his artifacts.

It would be easy for him since he was already an engineer and considered a genius scientist to have innovated a unique use of nuclear energy.

Masashi was sure that he could make things that were a hundred times better than the ones here, given enough time and access to the other magics that Oscar used.

He spent a few hours exploring the rest of the things in the mansion but he didn’t find anything noteworthy other than the library and the workshop.

When he was finally done he went back into the inner world and saw Yue cuddled up with Mai.

He smiles gently as he just scoops himself beside Mai and hugs her from the back.

As he hugs her waist, she subconsciously moves her hand onto his, acknowledging his warmth.

The next day, Masashi and Yue talk that they’d be staying here for a while and Masashi hoped that Yue didn’t mind.

Yue didn’t have any problem with staying here as long she was with Mai and Masashi.

She then spent some of the time training Mai and Masashi to use Fluid magic as they’d gotten pretty good at casting the spells with the basic elements that are fire, water, earth, and wind.

Then they’d start with the more complex elements such as lightning, shadow, darkness, light, etc. These elements are more difficult to cast since they don’t have any actual defined manipulatable characteristic. 

Yue theorized that there may be even higher peak elements such as the elements of time, space, etc. But she was always unable to use them. She’d sensed that these properties are present in the mana and tried to use those elements but it was impossible. It was as if there was some kind of block that was present.

After she got the creation magic from the labyrinth, she realized that those elements are usable but need the corresponding authority to be utilized by someone.

Using fluid magic they were able to use the corresponding authority to utilize those blocked elements.

Masashi theorized that these elements correspond to the type of magic that they’ll receive from the labyrinths. Such as one of them may have space magic and another time magic.

This got him all the more hyped since he thinks that once he’s able to get time magic, he’ll be able to use it to control the speed that time flows in the inner world.

They spent about 6 hours, training to use fluid magic, then Masashi spent 6 hours by himself in Oscar’s workshop tinkering with the different artifacts and thinking about what he could make for himself.

During this time Mai and Yue didn’t sit idle as they decided to train themselves. Yue with her magic training and Mai, with all kinds of different abilities that the monsters in the dungeon had, tried to develop her fighting style.

The best thing about this place was that using the authority of the ring that they took from Oscar’s skeleton, they could teleport to any place in the dungeon and even leave the site.

This way Mai could just go and get any of the abilities that she wanted to try.

The rest of the 12 hours were spent in the inner world, as Mai and Masashi spent time strengthening the inner world, their tattoos, and the mana pools. Masashi also spent time working on his {BIOMANCY}, he hadn’t forgotten his promise to Yue.

During these 12 hours, Yue decided to take up farming. She got all kinds of seeds from Masashi and brought in the soil and everything into the inner world. She separated the area by about 100 by 100 meters for farming purposes.

She started to grow some of the crops in the inner world, wanting to make it a self-sustained world.

They spent the next month doing exactly this for most of the days while also taking enough of a break to just enjoy their peaceful days in the cozy place that was the mansion.

Masashi started to work on his main project which would be their new house in the inner world. He was getting bored of staying in that temporary log cabin and wanted an actual home where she and Mai could stay every day.

He would be made using the best materials that he could find in this place. The greatest use of having both [Transmute] and Creation Magic was that he was able to create a large amount of simple material and then Transmute it into more complex material. He did this because Creation Magic is very demanding on Mana, which although not a problem for Masashi is a concern. It also requires a lot of concentration when making complex materials out of thin air.

Masashi did this to make things easier.

He wasn’t going to make a colossal castle for him and Mai to live in all alone. He was going to make a cozy modern villa with a backyard that would have a few bedrooms, a kitchen, his game room, a workshop for him to tinker with his artifacts in, and a few other miscellaneous rooms.

He is planning to engrave the whole place with enchantments using creation magic so that it is the most comfortable place for them and doesn’t require any maintenance.

This whole project would take at least 4 months as the trio decided that they’ll be leaving once the villa is completed.

They went with the same routine for one entire month before Masashi realized that there was a guest on the 99th floor through one of the mechanisms in the workshop.

The workshop was a central hub for the entire dungeon from where things could be manipulated like a game editor.

Masashi eagerly uses one of the features in Oscar’s workshop to create a TV-like projection of the happenings on the 99th floor as he calls Mai and Yue to the room.

Lastly, he brings out two recliners and some popcorn, taking a seat in one of the recliners.

As Mai and Yue walk in they see Masashi sitting in a comfy recliner as he eats some popcorn and looks at a guy with white hair walking on what seems like a TV.

Masashi notices them as he says, come on the show’s about to start, take a seat.

Mai and Yue just look at each other and sigh in sync as they walk to the other recliner chair that Masashi had left out for Yue, expecting Mai to take a seat in his lap.

Mai betrays him by taking a seat in the other chair with Yue sitting in her lap as she just takes out her popcorn.

Masashi sucks in a betrayed breath, “How could you?!”

“What? I wanted to sit with Yue.”

“I have been abandoned by my wife.” Masashi gets a betrayed look on his face as he just sulks while eating the popcorn.

“Sigh… Yue, do you mind?”

Yue just smiles “Not at all, it’s completely fine.”

Masashi gets a smile on his face that makes one think that he’s a child who just got his favorite candy.

“Sometimes I forget that you’re a very mature person, Yue. Unlike this guy right here.”

Yue just giggles cutely as Mai goes to sit in Masashi’s lap.

Masahi happily accepts Mai with open arms as they sit in the chair while Mai hogs all of Masashi’s popcorn.

“All right it’s starting, I’ll dim the lights.” Masashi excitedly says as if they’re watching a movie and not a life-threatening battle for Hajime.

Some constructive criticism would be helpful. If I made any mistakes please let me know, and I'll fix them. I'm only human, I make mistakes.

I post 10 advance chapters of the novel on my Patréon along with some exclusive R-18 scenes. Check it out.

25