Chapter 0066: The Great Reisen Labyrinth
618 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two and a half people appeared in a dark cave from an intricate magic circle that was inscribed on the ground.

One of them was a little blonde child-

*Boom*

Yue suddenly blasted a large-scale spell that obliterated the cave making the trio appear in the Reisen Gorge.

Within the dust, “Couch, cough. What the hell, Yue?” Masashi asks with a cough as he wasn’t expecting such a blast right as he appeared from the teleportation circle.

Mai just casts some wind to get rid of all the dust that was surrounding them after the spell.

“I was in a bad mood. I wanted to blast something.” Yue says nonchalantly.

“… Really? That’s the reason?” Masashi asks in disbelief as large numbers of hyena-like monsters get close to the trio’s location and stalk them like predators after prey after that explosion that was like a beacon.

“Yeah.”

Masashi just sighs and thinks that he’s been sighing a lot lately.

“Fine let’s get rid of these dogs first.” Masashi decides to put his massive amount of practice with offensive elements to use one of his lightning offensive spells.

As he casts it, lightning appears around both his arms and charges into a white beam which he aims at the sky before launching.

In 3 seconds thunderclouds appear all over the Reisen Gorge, and large bolts of thunder start to fall in a huge radius around Masashi, obliterating the hyena-like monsters and giving Masashi a negligible amount of exp since they were so weak.

After a constant minute of bombardment, the thunder finally stops. Almost all the monsters in the Gorge are nothing but charred flesh and blood.

“A bit overkill, don’t you think?” Mai comments, looking at the aftermath.

“It looked cool didn’t it.”

“I agree that it looked cool. But it probably looked cool to someone that saw the thunder.”

“I don’t think you have to worry about that, they probably termed it as a natural disaster.”

“I hope so,” Mai says.

“You can still do better, three seconds to cast is still a lot. Try to get faster at casting this type of magic. It was single-element magic. It may have seemed strong but against a singular strong monster with a resistant hide, this kind of spell would be useless. Try to concentrate all of that lightning into a single point for a better attack.” Yue gives her criticism of Masashi’s spell.

The spell which would put any of the mages in Tortus to shame only got a, “Can do better!” evaluation from Yue.

“Though I can see that it’s not easy to use mana in this place, it’ll probably get even more difficult when we get further and enter the labyrinth.

“It’s as if there’s a natural mana disruptor in this place that affects all the mana from moving normally,” Yue mentions her observation.

Mai says, “I remember you saying that each Labyrinth has a pre-test that has to be cleared to even enter the labyrinth. I guess that is that pre-test for this labyrinth.”

“Yeah, that’s it.”

Masashi looks around for the labyrinth in his perception but is unable to find anything.

“I can’t find the entrance to the labyrinth in the range of my perception so we need to go around the gorge for a bit before the labyrinth shows up.”

Masashi says that and brings out one of his sports cars that he’d modified for exactly this purpose. It had a comfy interior and a very good hydraulic system powered by mana that would make the ride very smooth.

There were all kinds of weapons installed on the car along with a modification of the hull into Azantium, the densest material in Tortus.

He’d added a lot of defensive measures to the car too. If someone knew the stuff he’d put in the car they’d run for their lives since an actual nuke would do less damage than this car if it went all out.

It was an absolute beast that Masashi had made to traverse the dangerous areas in Tortus.

Then he uses some earth magic to cover the traces of the entrance of the labyrinth since the teleportation circle is important and needs to stay hidden.

Yue’s bombardment of the cave caused all three of them some trouble as it took them 15 minutes to completely hide the traces.

They then turn back to the car.

“Get in girls.” Masashi, being the gentleman that he is, opens the front and the back door for both Mai and Yue.

Mai gets into the front passenger seat as Yue sits in the back.

They spent a few hours driving through the gorge looking for the entrance to the labyrinth.

“I found it!” Mai says excitedly as she’s itching for someone to fight.

“Great, let’s go.” Masashi also notices it in his perception and turns the car in the direction of the cave with the entrance.

They take a few minutes to reach the place, even with the high speed of the car, this is because Masashi and Mai have monstrous perceptions when it comes to open areas, able to sense things many miles around them.

Getting out of the car Masashi puts it in his inventory and walks into a crevice within the canyon.

Reaching the place they saw a dimly lit hallway that had glowing stones lighting up the place, they see something written on one of the walls.

‘Welcome everyone! Welcome to Miledi Reisen’s heart-pounding dungeon~’

It was written in cutesy writing that seemed completely out of place.

“This is the place,” Masashi says.

“The creator of this place sounds like a bitch.”

‘You have no idea, there’s a reason I sent Hajime here first. I wanted him to take care of this place first before I ventured into it. Even if she’s alive she probably hasn’t fixed most of the things in the dungeon yet.’ Masashi thinks to himself.

“Let’s go. Look for some kind of trap door, it’ll be the entrance of the place.”

As he says that, the next moment Mai says, “I found it!”

She touches it and the mechanism flips around before she’s even able to say anything else.“

Mai!” Masashi pulls a stunned Yue and runs to the wall wanting to activate the mechanism again.

He touches the wall and it flips again, sending both him and Yue to the other side.

The surprising thing is that the whole place is engulfed in ice.

Masashi expected a trap to activate when he came here but the frozen area was a surprise.

Masashi could feel that Mai was fine with the connection but he panicked a bit when she fell into the trap.

The icy situation in the room was also caused by Mai.

Masashi notices an unharmed Mai with a few frozen arrows on the ground in front of her.

“What happened?” Masashi walks to Mai and gives her a tight hug.

“I’m fine.” Mai is annoyed at being sprung with a trap.

“I’m just annoyed at the fact that I couldn’t perceive the trap in advance.”

“It’s fine. This place is built to suppress one’s perception and mana. We can sense things miles around us normally but here we cant sense anything beyond what’s in this room.

“Mana has it even worse. Let alone fluid mana, we need to use double or even triple the mana for things in this dungeon. It’s like an anti-mana zone here as Yue said before.”

The ice was already thawing, returning the room to its original state. The mana disruption was very prominent in the dungeon.

Mai had to use a lot of her mana for this spell and that’s going to be a little problematic since it’s very difficult to impossible to regenerate mana in the dungeon.

“Going further we should use mana sparingly.”

“Why?” Yue asks with genuine confusion.

“Cause we can’t regenerate mana here,” Masashi says, confused at Yue asking this question.

“Are you sure we can’t?”

“Yes.”

“What about the inner world?”

“… Okay. I didn’t think about that. I’ve clearly gotten too much into the adventurer mindset. I’ve lost all my IQ since I came out of the Orcus Labyrinth.” Masashi is a little embarrassed.

“It’s fine, baby. I’ll still love you even if you’re a little dumb.” Mai says to Masashi with a sardonic cutesy tone.

“Gee, thanks.” Masashi did not appreciate her support and changed the topic.

“Let’s go, this place is nothing more than one big death trap. I want to get out of here as soon as possible.”

That’s exactly what they tried to do. The keyword is, ‘tried.’

After hours of going through the place, running into far too many annoying traps, they end up at the beginning again.

“Even after she’s dead, she still made this place a fucking pain to clear.” Mai doesn’t swear much outside the bedroom but even she’s annoyed to the point of murder with this dungeon.

“I think that this one was an enemy of humanity.”

“Yep, I agree.” Masashi is no less annoyed at being subjected to endless annoying traps only to end up at the start again.

A lot of the trap rooms were still damaged from the previous challenger and easier to traverse but even that made the dungeon a pain to go through.

The most annoying thing was that they were constantly receiving taunts on slates like the one at the start of the place.

“—Hey, how does it feel? All that hard work just to end up at the start again. What’d you feel when you first realized it? Come on, tell me. How’re you holding up? Well?—”

“I want to bomb this place.” Usually, Masashi is the one to want to bomb things but Mai is the one going mad in here.

“I agree let’s just blow everything up.” Yue, as usual, agrees with Mai.

“As much as I’d like to do that, we won’t be able to get the ancient magic if we nuke the place.”

“…Fucking bitch. I get what you meant when you said that I’ll regret my words of excitement.” Mai mutters.

The worst part was that Miledi had shuffled the layout of the labyrinth again, making it all the more annoying since they had to go around in circles again.

They had to go around the place once again to finally find the corridor to the boss’s room.

Some constructive criticism would be helpful. If I made any mistakes please let me know, and I'll fix them. I'm only human, I make mistakes.

I post 10 advance chapters of the novel on my Patréon along with some exclusive R-18 scenes. Check it out.

www.patréon.com/addyctive

23