Chapter 0068: Journey
641 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The trio spent the next three days in Oscar’s lair, training their gravity magic as Yue and Mai developed some new spells that incorporated the use of Gravity Magic.

Masashi finally finished the renovation of the commercial jet into a fighter jet. It could now fly many times faster than before, even reaching Mach 3.

He’d added all kinds of weapon systems to it to prepare for any kind of situation.

They’d be going for the Divine Mountain next and Masashi had pulled all stops to prepare for that since the Holy Church has an abundance of artifacts from the age of the gods and Masashi wasn’t going to risk them shooting his plane down from the sky.

He’d already accepted the rewards from the quest and both he and Mai had used their stat points to get well-rounded stats.

Masashi had almost stopped paying attention to his stats ever since he killed that hydra since it didn’t matter anymore. The hydra was supposedly the most difficult monster to beat in Tortus. The rest were just going to get easier from them.

[Main Quest 2: Clear the Great Reisen Labyrinth (Completed)

Reward: 2000 Levels, 50x SP Potions, 50x MP Potions, Universal Force Sense]

[Main Quest 3: Clear the Divine Mountain Labyrinth

Reward: 2000 Levels, 50x SP Potions, 50x MP Potions, ???]

[Universal Force Sense LVL 1: The ability to sense the four fundamental forces of the universe.]

‘It’s not too useful but I guess that later down the line it’ll come in handy. I guess all the abilities that I get from the Labyrinth quests will be auxiliary abilities to help in the use of the magic that I get from that labyrinth.’

‘But I guess that this will help with creation magic too since I’ll be able to sense the individual forces of the particles. Creation magic is using mana to produce the subatomic particles that make atoms.

‘The better my ability to understand those particles, the better I am at creating materials. Understanding the electromagnetic and nuclear forces will be very helpful in that.’

He then looked at his and Mai’s current stats.

{ <Status>

Name: Masashi

Age: 26

Class: The Gamer

Titles: N/A

Level: 5175 (EXP 27%)

Race: [High Human]

HP: 27500

SP: 27000

MP: 10,000,000

TE: 157

STR: 18000

END: 18500

DEX: 17000

INT: 22000

WIS: 25000

CHA: 30000

LUK: ???

Regen Rate: 92500 (Per Min)

Mana Regen: 47000

Stat Points: 369

}

{ <Status>

Name: Mai

Age: 26

Class: The Gamer’s Wife

Titles: N/A

Level: 5092 (EXP 58%)

Race: [High Human]

HP: 25250

SP: 26000

MP: 10,000,000

TE: 157

STR: 16500

END: 17000

DEX: 18000

INT: 21000

WIS: 25000

CHA: ∞

LUK: ???

Regen Rate: 85000 (Per Min)

Mana Regen: 46000

Stat Points: 156

}

After hitting the 10 million mark, their mana had completely stopped increasing in quantity and started getting more and more concentrated. Along with another significant update to the status.

Tantric Energy was quantified by the system as a resource like Mana.

After analyzing the energy for so long, the system was able to quantify it.

After running a few tests Masashi realized that 1 unit of TE is how much he and Mai can generate in a 1-hour session.

After using it to enhance the tattoos, and strengthen their physiques, the system is showing the leftover TE that they’ve both stored in the mana pool.

For a more simplistic conversion, 1 Unit of TE is the same as 1,000,000 units of mana. That’s what it breaks down to if Masashi uses it to recover mana.

Seeing this real-time conversion Masashi realized how overpowered TE is, and the best part is that the generation per session is slowly increasing as Masashi gets more familiar with using TE.

Within 6 months the rate of TE generation would double.

“You girls ready to leave?” Masashi is standing on the third floor of Oscar’s mansion ready to go out. He’s already put the plane in his inventory.

He’s wearing some modern clothes, jeans, and a shirt with sleeves folded back.

“Let’s go!” Mai is wearing a black crop top that leaves her belly and shoulders bare along with some denim shorts and an old-English style hat with a little pink bunny at the front.

Both Mai and Masashi are wearing clothes that are completely out of fashion for this world but they don’t care.

“I’m ready.” Yue is wearing her signature gothic white outfit since she likes it very much.

“Okay, here’s the plan. We’ll go to Fuhren first since I want Yue to get her status plate too and we’ll sightsee a little around the place. Neither I nor Mai has gone looking around any place in Tortus, let alone Yue who’s been stuck here for who knows how long. From there we’ll directly move to the Divine Mountain and fuck up the Holy Church. What do you say?”

“I’m fine with anything.” “Sounds like a plan.” 

Yue and Mai both agree.

“All right, then let’s get going.” Masashi uses the authority ring to activate the teleportation circle.

The three of them vanish with a blinding light.

Two and a half people appeared in a dark cave from an intricate magic circle that was inscribed on the ground.

One of them was a little-

*Boom*

Yue suddenly blasted a large-scale spell that obliterated the cave making the trio appear within the Reisen Gorge.

Within the dust, “What the hell, Yue? Again?” Masashi asks, this time not coughing since he was a little prepared this time.

“I think we shouldn’t use this entrance too much,” Mai comments at the side.

“I don’t like this teleportation circle,” Yue reasons blandly with some annoyance in her eyes.

Before Masashi could retort further the monsters within the gorge started encircling them in large numbers.

“This time let’s go a little low-key. If there are two large-scale phenomena within the Reisen Gorge at the same spot people are bound to check the place out.” Mai says at the side.

“I hate how right you are. You take half, I take half?”

“Yeah! Yue, Cover us.” Mai tells Yue as she jumps toward some of the wolves with her newly upgraded daggers in hand.

Masashi had added some self-maintenance enchantments to the daggers along with efficiency enchantments that would make it easier for Mai to channel the abilities that she copied to be used through the daggers.

With mana the daggers could even change their sizes to increase their length, the length being proportional to the mana that’s put into them.

The daggers also had a penetrative property. They could cut through virtually anything. 

Even Azantium, the densest material in Tortus was easily cut through with the sword even though that was the material used to make the daggers.

Masashi pulled his swords that had the same properties as Mai’s daggers except for one difference, he made them using Tantrium.

He did this because he added a corrosion enchantment to the daggers that could only be powered by Tantric Energy.

The only problem was that it couldn’t store Tantric Energy in it so only Masashi could use the corrosion property of the swords.

Masashi went to the opposite side that Mai went and started blasting through the monsters.

Every time he knicked a monster with his sword, they started degrading into puddles of biomass.

Hearing the painful monsters of the wolves affirmed Masashi’s thought that {BIOMANCY} is the perfect ability for torture interrogation.

There were a few different monsters this time around. The last time there were only hyenas but this time there were a variety of monsters.

Hyenas, wolves, and other scavenger-type monsters were surrounding them from all sides.

Yue was flying around the place keeping Mai and Masashi covered.

There were a few times that Masashi or Mai was about to be hit by one of the monsters Yue blasted them with one of her spells.

It was a spear-like attack that condensed lightning into a compressed spear shape with the help of gravity magic.

She didn’t try to use any large-scale spells since she was only providing cover fire.

One good thing about using Magic in the Reisen Gorge was that you were able to fine-tune your control over mana easily.

Most of the mana kept getting dispersed so keeping mana stable here was difficult. This was Yue’s control over her magic was also getting better, no matter how minuscule it may have been.

They fight the monsters for another 15 minutes before they finally all get finished.

The best thing was that all of the clothes that the trio are wearing are enchanted to stay clean all the time. 

It wasn’t just the clothes, the one who was wearing the clothes was also completely clean from any splashes of blood.

So, even after that brutal fight, Mai and Masashi are completely clean without any sign of having fought.

“So… Should we leave?” Masashi asks looking toward Mai.

“Why didn’t we leave the moment we got here, though? We were going to fly, right?” Yue asks her doubt.

Masashi just gave Mai a look.

“After that dungeon of eternal annoyance, I wanted to let loose some steam and kill some monsters.” She replies in a cool voice.

“There you have it.” Masashi shrugs his shoulders and brings out the jet from his inventory.

Mai notices something written on the side of the jet and reads it out, “DoranFaer.”

“Did you name your plane- Wandering Messenger?”

“Yeah, you don’t like it?”

“Nah, I like it.”

“That’s good, let’s go.”

Masashi goes below the plane as a platform lowers from the base of the thing and gets on it with Mai and Yue.

The trio appears in the plane which looks more like a lounge than a seating area.

The front of the plane is a half window made of glass so they can see what’s going on in front of them.

“Let’s go.” Masashi walks to the bar and pours himself a drink while the plane lifts into the air.

Masashi put a heavy focus on comfort enchantments so that even if the plane is going at full speed, the people inside won’t feel a thing.

With his drink in hand, Masashi takes a seat on the couch to enjoy the view as he controls the plane to go in the direction of Fuhren, which is an independent organization and they can easily get Yue a status plate there.

Some constructive criticism would be helpful. If I made any mistakes please let me know, and I'll fix them. I'm only human, I make mistakes.

I post 10 advance chapters of the novel on my Patréon along with some exclusive R-18 scenes. Check it out.

25