Chapter 0071: Yue’s Feelings
781 6 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day.

======================================

Yue Age: 323 Female Level: 58

Job: Divine Priestess

Strength: 230

Vitality: 500

Defense: 100

Agility: 170

Magic: 9040

Magic Defense: 10530

Skills: Automatic Regeneration [+Pain Dampener] — All Elemental Affinity — Spell Melding — Mana Manipulation [+Mana Emission] [+Mana Compression] [+Remote Manipulation] [+Increased Efficiency] [+Ether Absorption] — Image Composition [+Increased Imagination] [+Multiple Spell Image Composition] [+Delayed Casting] — Blood Conversion [+Body Strengthening] [+Mana Conversion] [+Stamina Conversion] [+Mana Strengthening] [+Blood Oath] — High Speed Mana Recovery — Creation Magic — Gravity Magic

*Image Composition allows the wielder to use imagined magic circles in lieu of real ones. Blood Oath increases the effectiveness of bloodsucking abilities when the blood being sucked belongs to the contracted.

======================================

Although Yue’s physical stats are still abysmal, her magic stats are monstrously strong. Her original values were around 7000 in Magic and Magic defense as Masashi got from [Observe]. But after so much time drinking Masashi’s mana-rich blood her magical as well as physical stats had grown a good amount. Even her physical stats had more than doubled from when Masashi found her.

“…Yue, I have a little question about your status.”

Masashi and Yue were in the inner world, looking at Yue’s stats. 

Masashi had a little question.

“Hmm? What is it?”

“This Blood Oath ability… Is this ability active?”

“Mhm. Yeah, you must’ve noticed that I only drink your blood at all times even though I could drink Mai’s blood too. This is because I get more benefits from drinking your blood since I’ve contracted you with that ability.”

“And umm… Can you change this contracted person later down the line?”

“Of course not, silly. A vampire can only contract one person for their entire lifetime” Yue looked at Masahi like he hit his head somewhere.

“You don’t see any problems with that?”

“No…?” Yue looks genuinely confused.

“All right, I’ll start from the top. You do know that I’m with Mai, right Yue? As in, I’m married to Mai.”

“Mhm.” She nods.

“That means that I’ll only be with her for the rest of my very long and very immortal life.”

“Mhm.” She nods like a chick pecking at its food.

“It also means that I will never be with anyone else since I love her and only her.”

Yue gives an exasperated sigh and comes clean.

“I understand what you mean Masashi, but this doesn’t have anything to do with the Blood Oath. To me, both you and Mai are the closest people in my life. The people that I cared about betrayed me and are already dead, so there’s no meaning in thinking about them.

“You and Mai are the only people that I will ever trust. I don’t need you to marry me or even give me anything.

“What we are doesn’t matter to me. I know that I always want to be with you both and that’s it. You don’t need to give me anything for that. You can just keep doing everything as you always have. I don’t mind being like a daughter figure for you and Mai, heck I kinda like it. I was an orphan, I never got parental love.

“My uncle was very good to me but he wasn’t a parent. Anyway.

“What I’m saying is, I don’t expect anything from you. So, you don’t have to worry.” 

Yue’s completely truthful response kinda caught Masashi off guard.

“…But… Are you willing to be like this forever? You’re virtually immortal and if you stay with me and Mai all the time I doubt you’d be able to find anyone else either.

“You have to know that I will only ever be with Mai. I admire you and care for you very much but I cannot be romantically involved with you.”

“I knew that before I initiated the blood oath contract. I don’t mind. As long as you and Mai don’t abandon me I’ll be perfectly fine.

”I spent centuries alone in the dark with nothing but myself. I have perfect regeneration, I couldn’t even go crazy with the isolation since my mind kept healing itself.

“I may have shitty defenses to mind manipulation magic but no matter how bad things get, I can deal with them.

”Just don’t leave me. Please.” By the end of her words, Yue’s trembling a little since she’s scared that Masashi wouldn’t let her stay with them and things will change after this conversation.

Masashi is honestly speechless at Yue’s resolve.

“What a dumb kid.” He pulls her in for a hug and she gets startled for a moment before she tightly hugs him back.

“I’m older than you, Masashi.” She says in Masashi’s ear with a happy smile on her face that wasn’t visible to Masashi.

After a good 10 minutes, they let go of each other.

“Oh! By the way, I tested aging a person using {BIOMANCY} on a couple of impulsive rapists and I got some positive results. I can age or de-age a person, although it requires an absurd amount of mana. I can even kill someone by aging them to death or even de-aging them to the point of non-existence. I just need to refine my control over it before I can use it on you.”

“Thanks.” Yue smiles brightly at Masashi’s words.

“Let’s leave for the Divine Mountain today, I’ll get the perfect test subjects to refine my control over this ability there.”

“Mhm.”

Later that day, Masashi is lying on the couch with his head on Mai’s lap as she massages his head.

He gets up from his position and sits straight.

“Are we there?”

“Close. We’ll be there soon.” Masashi starts to slow down the jet as they’re about to approach the airspace above the Divine Mountain.

“So, what’s the plan?”

“I’m tempted to say, ‘I have a plan, attack!’ and then just jump down to the main cathedral.”

“You’re not iron man.” Mai rolls her eyes at Masashi.

“I could never be what RDJ embodied. He’s irreplaceable. I still feel like crying after Endgame.”

“…It’s been 6 years since it came out. You can move on.”

(A/N: They left their original world in January 2025.)

“Never,” Masashi almost hisses, imitating Gollum.

“Um… What’re you guys talking about?” Yue interjects in a small voice from the side.

“Oh yeah, you haven’t seen any MCU movies yet, Yue. After the raid on the church, we’ll do a long marathon for a few days.”

“A few days…?”

“There’s a lot of movies. Also the TV shows. You’ll enjoy them, I promise.”

“We’re not watching the bad shows at least. I didn’t sit through them before and I don’t plan to this time.” Mai puts her foot down.

“Fine, we’ll just stick to the fun shows, Loki, WandaVision, and Hawkeye. I don’t want to rewatch the shit ones either.”

“What about Echo and Agatha? And I don’t want to watch Hawkeye.”

“Come on Echo was-“

“Stop talking about things I haven’t seen yet. I feel left out.” Yue gets fed up with Mai and Masashi’s bickering over stuff that she doesn’t understand.

“Haha, it’s fine Yue. I’ll watch everything with you after we’re done. I’ll catch you up on every single pop culture reference that I use by the time I’m done.” Masashi rubs Yue’s head, messing up her hair.

“Hey!” Yue pulls her head away and smoothes down her hair.

“Back to the important stuff. I asked you about the plan.”

Masashi gets a crazy smile on his face as he answers Mai’s question, “See it for yourself.”

Looking out of the plane they see the silhouette of the Divine Mountain in front of them on the horizon.

The jet is rapidly approaching the place as the silhouette gets clearer and it becomes easier to make out the features of the place.

At the peak is the cathedral of the church.

“See that cathedral? That’s an artifact itself and one of the most powerful defensive structures in all of Tortus. I want to see if it can handle an actual fucking nuke.”

“Don’t tell me!”

“I majored in energy sciences and the majority of my work has been related to harnessing nuclear energy. Surely I can make a nuclear bomb given enough materials. Ant materials are the one thing that I have no shortage of.” 

“How did you even make uranium?”

“Creation magic fundamentally works on the creation of subatomic particles through energy. I could easily make uranium since I know its composition.”

“Fire!” Masashi said out loud for dramatic purposes as Mai rolled her eyes at his posturing.

The next moment a missile with a nuclear warhead attached to it flies toward the main cathedral of the holy church at an unprecedented speed of 20 Mach.

That’s the speed of intercontinental ballistic missiles from Earth that Masashi was able to replicate into a tiny missile that could be fired from a plane the size of a business jet.

At the next moment…

Some constructive criticism would be helpful. If I made any mistakes please let me know, and I'll fix them. I'm only human, I make mistakes.

I post 10 advance chapters of the novel on my Patréon along with some exclusive R-18 scenes. Check it out.

23