Chapter 0073: Divine Desolation (2/2)
558 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mai and Noint appear side by side in the inner world.

Noint moves to attack Mai but is powerless to do so. 

Under the suppression of the inner world Noint is almost unable to even move, let alone attack.

She can’t even access her overpowered disintegration magic after Masashi blocked her access.

Mai easily counters and subdues the weakened Noint.

Noint finally realizes her predicament and comes down from the rush of the fight.

“You should let me go… For your own sake.” She says to Mai.

“Why? Cause your precious puppeteer Ehit would be coming after us?”

“You and your companion are irregulars on my master’s chessboard. You must be removed. I know not how you were able to evade my master’s gaze but know that he will finish you. Just like he will finish that other irregularity.

“You have unimaginable power, the power that can tip the scales of the balance of the world. Your presence is harmful to his plans.”

“Wow… He is nothing but a personified temper tantrum, no? Well, you can tell him to go fuck himself.”

After that Mai disappeared from the inner world after making sure that Noint wouldn’t be able to do anything.

After all the entire world is putting suppressing pressure on her.

After leaving Mai to take care of Noint, Masashi moves on to go to the cathedral with Yue following behind him.

He blasts the roof with an overcharged fireball and drops into the place, superman style.

“Hello there!”

“…” Sadly, Masashi was met with silence.

“Is that a fucking tumbleweed? Fucking shit!”

Masashi blew away the tumbleweed and turned to face the Arch-Bishop of the Holy Church, the pope’s second-in-command.

He was standing inside the cathedral along with the other priests that served Ehit.

“…Why? Why did you do this? Why are you going against our blessed lord?” He asked in a weak voice.

”You think that I’ll waste my time talking while you can finish silently chanting that spell?”

Masashi hit all the priests and the bishop with a large-scale lightning spell that would incapacitate them.

“I assume that the pope is in the Heiligh Kingdom, taking control over the king and the upper echelons of the kingdom.” Masashi dropped a bomb on the Arch-Bishop who looked horrified hearing what Masashi just said.

“Well, I don’t care much about that stuff, I just want to do my own thing.” Masashi went ahead and killed all the priests. They were already mana deficit so killing them was almost child’s play. 

Masashi also used [Legilimency] to read the bishop’s memories, to see if there was any significant information.

By the time Masashi was done with the priests, Mai was out of the inner world and standing in the cathedral with Yue.

“You done with Noint?” Yue asked her during the time Masashi was taking care of the bishops.

“Yeah, pretty bitchy if you ask me.”

“Look there.” Yue points in a certain direction in the cathedral.

Mai turns and sees a ghost-like figure standing where Yue was pointing.

“Is that…?”

“Laus Barn. The Liberator that created the labyrinth here.” Masashi had already appeared beside Mai as he saw the ghostly figure of the liberator.

 The ghostly figure turned around and started walking toward the lower floors of the Cathedral.

“Let’s follow him,” Masashi started walking after the ghost.

A few minutes later, the ghost leads them to a locked dungeon-like room so Masashi has to blast that door open.

The room was empty except for a few rations, a bed, and some other miscellaneous items. 

“Is this supposed to be some kind of bunker?” Mai voices her thoughts.

No one answers her thoughts as the ghost disappears.

“That’s it?” Yue says.

Suddenly she feels a headache, the kind that seems to be going through her memories, evaluating her.

Mai and Masashi were immune to the mind reading but Yue’s memories had them acting as crucial to defeating the apostle of god so they were also accepted.

After that criterion was completed, they received the authority for Soul Manipulation magic.

“Spirit Magic,” Masashi mutters, ignoring the dings for the completion of his quest.

“Ugh… I wish it wasn’t so painful to receive these ancient magics.” Yue said.

“Don’t be a baby, Yue.” Masashi rubbed Yue’s head.

“I’ve been thinking…” Mai has a thoughtful look on her face.

“What is it, Mai?”

“We can make a real artificial intelligence using this, right?”

“Yeah! Cool as fuck I know.”

“True but that’s not what I’m talking about. Couldn’t we make some kind of artificial intelligence so that it can manage the inner world for us?”

“I like that idea. It could be our next major project. What do you think, Yue?”

“Mmm, It’s good but wouldn’t it hinder our privacy? An all-knowing world spirit doesn’t seem like the best definition of privacy.”

“That’s easy to deal with, we’ll make our house off-limits from its purview.” Masashi has an easy solution for that.

“I guess that would work. Can we control it? If the AI goes out of control and takes over the inner world, it would become a problem.” This time Mai comes up with a worry.

“It’ll be fine. We’ll be making the AI slowly, step by step. Adding the basest restrictions as we go on. It would be more like an AI instead of some sort of sentient being so there shouldn’t be any problems.”

“That’s good… Masashi?”

“Yeah, baby?”

“I want to go meet the kids and see how they’re doing. Although most of them were insufferable assholes, I liked some of the girls in the group. I want to see how they’re doing.”

“Well… Ur isn’t too far from here. That’s where Hajime’s supposed to be right now according to Ilwa. Some of the otherworlders are also there, helping the people with the famine problem.”

“You don’t have a problem with us not going to the Guren Labyrinth next, do you?”

“Why would I? We’re just having fun here in this world. Even in the worst-case scenario in this world where Ehit finds us and traps us, we can just go back to our original world. The cooldown is for new worlds and has nothing to do with the worlds that we’ve already been to.”

“Great, I love you!” Mai gives him a tight hug.

“Our next stop’s gonna be Ur I guess. But first, we must celebrate and we’re gonna do that with a 96-hour Marvel marathon. Four days of constant marvel and nothing but marvel,”

“Masahi I don’t think there are that many marvel movies to watch to fill 4 days.” Mai pours water over Masashi’s enthusiasm.

“The shows are going to cover most of our time. You know that”

“Come on Yue, We’ll start with the movie that started this historical franchise.”

Masashi walks to Yue who’s zoned out thinking about the uses of Spirit Magic and grabs her hand. With that, he disappears into the inner world and appears in the home theatre that has a projector and everything.

Masashi and Yue sit as Mai also appears with a pouty face and sit beside Yue.

Masashi is setting up the playlist to play the movies in chronological order along with the shows.

“You left me.” Mai pouts looking as cute as always.

“What?” Masashi has a bunch of question marks floating above his head.

It’s not a figure of speech but there are literal mana constructs floating above his head in the shape of question marks.

You left me outside, you can pamper Yue so much but you don’t pamper me anymore.

“But-“

“No buts I’m mad at you.” Mai just looks cute as she turns her head away with her arms crossed.

Yue looks between Masashi and Mai and says, “I’m sorry… you’re fighting because of me.”

“What? Nonsense Yue, I get mad at Masashi for meaningless little things every once in a while. You don’t have to worry about it.”

Mai gives Yue a tight hug as she gives Masashi a dirty look.

“You little…” Masashi trails off as he uses his mana as a substitute for telekinesis and uses it to wrap around Mai, intending to pull her into his lap.

Mai fights this off as she prevents Masashi’s mana from getting close to her.

“Oh, it is on.” Masashi turns on the movie as he says, “Yue don’t worry, just watch the movie. Your mom and I are just playing around.”

Masashi rubs Yue’s head lovingly as he keeps trying to get his mana to wrap around Mai to bring her to himself.

It’s an unprecedentedly difficult task since she has had the same training as him regarding mana control from Yue.

Yue decided to make the smart move and ignore the silent fighting that was going on between Mai and Masashi. She paid most of her attention to the movie that was going on in front of her.

“This is a good song,” Yue says, hearing Back in Black by AC/DC that’s at the start of Iron Man.

Mai and Masashi’s stalemate goes on for a long time before Masashi decides that it’s enough and brings Tantric Energy into the fight.

He mixes an entire unit of TE into the mana that he’s trying to use to win against Mai.

The effects are instantaneous as the stalemate breaks and Mai starts losing.

She starts using some of the defensive fluid magic spells to stop Masashi’s overpowering mana mild with TE.

‘Guess I gotta play dirty to win.’ Masashi decides to use his {BIOMANCY} and takes control of the TE that’s inside Mai’s mana pool.

He makes that TE increase its pull on Mai’s mana. Tantric energy has an inherent attraction to mana, Masashi used this property to rotate the mana around the central Ball of TE that’s inside the pool.

With this Mai’s mana froze over and she was unable to even access her mana. She tried to use the atmospheric mana but it was unable to hold a candle to Masashi’s liquified mana that’s been enhanced by TE.

‘I win!’ Masashi mentally pulls back his fist in a punching gesture.

The net instant Masashi’s mana wraps around Mai, restraining her as he floats her into the air, bringing his bunny into his lap.

“You’re getting naughty, eh bunny?” Masashi whispers into Mai’s ear, before nibbling on it.

Mai bites her lip, looking hot as all hell trying to suppress her moan.

Yue seems to be way more interested in the movie than she should be, but that’s the only thing that she can do to ignore the unprecedented sexual tension that’s in the room.

Masashi hands Yue the remote.

“Yue, I need to take care of my bunny for a bit. You can watch the movie. There’s the popcorn dispenser and you can get your drink from there.”

Masashi points to the area where he’d made the perfect snack makers such that he didn’t need to do anything and they would instantly give him anything he wanted.

“Mhm. Have fun!” Yue cheers on Masashi and that serves to make Mai even more embarrassed.

Masashi puts Mai over his shoulder as he gives her butt a tight squeeze.

“Mmh~” Mai almost moans a little as Masashi leaves the room with her in tow.

Masashi walks down to the basement of the mansion and goes to the bottommost floor where he’d made the perfect place for his lustful purposes.

“Come to think of it we haven’t used this room ever since I built this mansion. So this is going to be using it for the first time. I guess we could have another first for us today.”

Masashi the last sentence in a light tone but that’s already a crazy turn-on for Mai.

Some constructive criticism would be helpful. If I made any mistakes please let me know, and I'll fix them. I'm only human, I make mistakes.

I post 10 advance chapters of the novel on my Patréon along with some exclusive R-18 scenes. Check it out.

21