Chapter 0077: The Sack of Ur (1/2)
599 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Masashi looks over the horizon and sees nigh countless monsters rushing to Fuhren.

They kicked up a huge tornado of dust as they came closer to the town. There were all kinds of monsters in the horde. Ranged, air-borne, melee. All of them had one thing in common, their red glowing eyes made the black monster horde seem like there were red rubies floating in a corrupted black sea.

There were almost five hundred thousand monsters in the horde.

‘Huh, that seems like a lot more monsters than there were supposed to be. I guess the destruction of the Holy Church made the demons more active and unrestrained. But why?’

“Hey, Hajime! I want to take point on this.” Masashi has a wild smile on his face.

“Sure be my guest. I’m curious as to how strong you are.” Hajime shrugs his shoulders.

“Oh, you’d be surprised.” Masashi looks for the black-robed man that Aiko mentioned and used his perception to look for him.

Masashi finds him in the back of the horde surrounded by some of the monsters to protect his cowardly ass.

“Mai, will you please be a dear and bring the mastermind of this horde to us in one piece?”

“Sure,” Mai says and disappears on the spot. She used the camouflaging ability of one of the advanced monsters from Orcus.

Everyone around her is startled at her abrupt disappearance.

Masashi doesn’t let anyone ask any questions as he starts channeling a large-scale spell fueled by his mana.

Although fluid mana is useful for people with low mana quantities, Masashi prefers using his liquid mana since it’s much denser which makes the effects of the spells better.

He instead merged normal magic and fluid magic to use his mana to cast a spell using the concepts of fluid magic. This allowed him to keep the control that fluid magic provides him.

Masashi channeled one of the more difficult elements to control into the spell as he pushed in almost five hundred thousand units of mana.

The sheer quantity of mana astounded even Hajime let alone the others around him.

It’s not even close to Masashi’s full capacity of ten million but it’s more than enough considering the things Yue can do having not even twenty thousand units of mana. And that’s after her reserves increased from drinking so much of Masashi’s blood.

Half a million units of mana was an astounding quantity for anyone.

Masashi waited for Mai to bring her target away from the battlefield.

While Masashi was charging his spell the other fighters also jumped up on the wall and took their fighting stances.

Shea put Drucken over her shoulder to get ready to blast the monsters.

Lastly, Tio prepared herself to start her barrage of flames.

Shea was the aptest with body-strengthening magic so she was a pure melee fighter. She was an atavist being, the same as Yue. This meant that she could manipulate mana without the use of a medium like magic circles. She only had an affinity for body magic so that’s the only thing she used.

Tio on the other hand was a dragonman. Their race was persecuted by the holy church due to being able to manipulate fire magic without using magic circles as that was a racial trait for them. They aren’t able to manipulate mana directly like atavist beings but they come close enough.

Hajime came up on the wall and gave a big motivating speech to the hysterical crowd, painting Aiko as some sort of fertility goddess. He painted his party and Masashi as her apostles.

‘I get why you did that but it was wholly unnecessary. The Holy Church is already destroyed. There are some remnants left but they’re nowhere close to making a difference.’ Masashi thought but didn’t say anything as he was concentrating on the spell.

Aiko was dumbfounded at this sudden turn of events where the townsfolk started chanting her name as some sort of prayer.

Then Hajime also turned to face the monsters bringing out his trusty railgun-powered minigun, Metzelei. It was a six-barrel minigun and could fire 12000 rounds per minute.

About 2 minutes later Masashi noticed the guy he was keeping an eye on getting knocked out by an invisible projectile and promptly disappear from his spot.

‘He’s in the inner world.’

The moment the leader disappeared into the inner world the monsters lost the directive since they weren’t enhanced by Spirit Magic and were in the end mindless puppets.

A few were enhanced with some sort of basic combat ability but nowhere near the monsters from the Orcus Labyrinth.

The monsters there weren’t just created using monster creation which is yet another ancient magic, the one that the demons are using, but were also enhanced with the help of spirit magic.

This was the biggest reason that the monsters in the Orcus Labyrinth were considered the most difficult enemies. They had both the unique abilities and the intelligence to utilize those abilities to the fullest.

Now the monsters were just following their basic directive which was to attack the town of Ur.

“Light of Damnation” Masashi finally deployed the spell that he’d spent so much time casting, and decided to give a name to this spell just for the fuck of it.

As he says that five flat circles of golden light, ten meters in diameter each, formed about a few meters in front of Masashi in a line along the wall, they all had about a meter of distance between each other too.

“Fire!” With that signal small, condensed needles of golden light started to accurately attack the monsters from every one of the five circles.

Each circle was shooting about a hundred needles per second and accurately hitting a monster with each needle. The circles were collectively killing five hundred monsters per second.

This aiming wasn’t controlled by Masashi but was automated using spirit magic as Masashi imbued a primitive intent to target the monsters’ signatures.

This wasn’t the same as combining two elements like Yue which Masashi still wasn’t able to do, but it was an easier version of that where he applied the spirit magic on his already cast light magic. This is why it took him so much time to cast.

On the other hand, this kind of spell wasn’t usable in a practical fight as it took more than 5 minutes for Masashi to cast.

The monsters weren’t even able to react before the needles hit them since they were traveling at nearly the speed of light. That’s what makes light magic so difficult to manipulate. The extreme speed and the formlessness of light magic make it very difficult to control and cast.

The horde of monsters still had some sort of internal hierarchical order to it as there were groups the size of a single battalion being commanded by a more enhanced monster.

Each battalion has about a thousand monsters divided into companies that were led by monsters that were weaker than the battalion leader but stronger than the rest.

Masashi could tell that the stronger monsters would be having more intelligence about using their abilities but they still wouldn’t be able to hold a candle to Orcus’ monsters.

As Masashi’s attack commenced, Shea jumped into the monster horde with her hammer swinging. She killed monsters everywhere around her as the shockwaves from Drucken killed monsters with splash damage.

Tio went around the battlefield firing purplish flames from her hands, burning monsters to death.

Hajime opened fire on the monsters with his minigun and killed thousands of monsters per minute. His railgun-powered bullets were like red streaks of light that went through 3 monsters before dissipating. The only problem was that multiple shots went through the same monster which could be killed using only a single show, this is where the minigun lost in efficiency.

Hajime also provided support to Shea who was in the middle of the horde using his cross-shaped Cross Bits that were floating in the air through gravity magic and shot the usual railgun bullets at the monsters.

A few times when Shea was about to get overwhelmed by the stronger monsters Hajime directly helped her by sniping those monsters.

Meanwhile, Masashi equipped his Armor of Damnation along with his swords and jumped into the scramble, the same as Shea.

Mai was already taking advantage of her invisibility, wearing her Armor of Salvation, she went around the battlefield to assassinate some of the stronger monsters that would be difficult to kill in direct combat.

Taking full advantage of his stats Masashi started mowing through the monsters with his {BIOMANCY} enchanted swords that cut through even the strongest monster like butter, leaving behind nothing but acidic goo that was once the body of the monsters. It was clear that his {BIOMANCY} has gotten visibly stronger after that intense five-day session with Mai.

He multitasked by incorporating fluid magic into his swordplay. Using his swords as a medium for the magic Masashi shot condensed bullets formed using basic elements like fire and ice at the monsters with each swing of his sword.

With his monstrous stats and regeneration Masahi didn’t even need to care about defense, especially with Mai covering him from the shadows.

The monsters were far too many. So every once in a while one of the battalion leaders would gang up on Masashi and try to overwhelm him with their numbers.

Although Masashi could easily manage to kill all the monsters that would gang up on him, it would be difficult and might slow him down, so Mai acted proactively and assassinated the leader beforehand. This made the weaker monsters with lesser intelligence lose that directive as they mindlessly went in the direction of the wall of Ur.

Some constructive criticism would be helpful. If I made any mistakes please let me know, and I'll fix them. I'm only human, I make mistakes.

I post 10 advance chapters of the novel on my Patréon along with some exclusive R-18 scenes. Check it out.

21