Chapter 17: Captured.
185 5 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An almost naked Fletcher looked at Major's corpse and started kicking and cursing.
"You stupid motherfucker how dare you ruin my clothes like this"
He looked around and found Major's coat and put it on, it was enough for now as he needed to pursue and catch the people that ran away, he can't risk them bringing back more trouble than he can handle, although he is very strong, he is just a one man, with enough men and weaponry he can be killed easily, so with that in mind, Fletcher quickened his pace and followed the tracks of team 3.
A few hours later.
***
Team 3 made a hasty retreat toward the 12th base, they were only a few kilometers away, when suddenly Emily who was at the back of the group, with no warnings released a sonic scream, that ruptured the eardrums of everyone in her vicinity.
"AHHH" Emily released a sonic boom that enveloped the entire area bringing everyone to their knees.
When the other teammates looked back, their faces dropped to the ground, behind Emily there stood the man who killed Roberto, holding his axe to Emily's throat with blood flowing down her chest, Fletcher planned on taking her hostage to force her teammate to surrender, but he had to silence her, otherwise, she would attract unwanted attention.
"NO EMILY" Binna screamed her lungs out.
"You m**f**, I will kill you" Dylan's eyes almost exploded from the rage he was feeling right now.

Fletcher wasn't in the mood to prolong this any further, so he went all out, not giving them any chance to resist, the first to fall was Dylan, Fletcher used his blinked ability, and finished him in one move, as for Makoa Fletcher turned his arms into its metallic form, and proceeded to bash him to death, even with his absorption ability his body only resisted for a few seconds before succumbing to its miserable end.

Binna watched as her entire team got decimated, and now it was her turn, in the past she used to think about how she would react at this moment, and she always believed that she would be ready to face death, unfortunately, she overestimated her resilience, because now she was terrified, her knees buckled under her shivering body, she tried her hardest to gain control over her limbs, but to no avail, in the end, all she could do was utter the words.
"Please don't kill me" Binna begged while sobbing uncontrollably.

Fletcher slowly walked towards her, and then he used his electric ability to stun her, she then fell unconscious, Fletcher retrieved the ability cores of Emily, Dylan, and Makoa, and after that, he carried the unconscious Binna on his shoulder and went back to his camp.

***
12th base Military command center.

A skinny guy wearing glasses was paying close attention to the wall of screens in front of him, the screens displayed surveillance feeds from different hidden cameras around the perimeter of the 12th base, he was watching something interesting at the moment, these cameras are designed to record when they detect movement, after watching the recording he immediately copied it into a USB stick, and bolted running toward his superior's office.
***
Admiral Mathias was the highest ranking officer at the 12th base, he was tasked with governing the entire base even though he wasn't a politician but these extraordinary times call for difficult decisions that regular politicians aren't capable of making.
The majority of his time was spent on making sure that the defensive lines were reinforced enough, the zombies and the monster seemed to be attracted to places with a high concentration of people, Mathias suspected that someone or something was controlling these hordes of zombies behind the scenes.
Mathias was fiddling with a USB stick in his hands nervously, he had received an exciting piece of information, an awakened who apparently displayed multiple abilities, something that all scientists claimed to be impossible because humans can only awaken one ability, and the stats are capped based on the rank of their ability.
This news is groundbreaking, it meant that this individual is capable of enhancing his attributes to unprecedented heights, bringing him to his side is of paramount importance, so the admiral picked up the phone and made a few urgent calls.
***
Fletcher unaware that his ordeal with team 3 was captured on camera, and it made a big commotion, locked Binna in a room and ordered Ray to keep an eye on her.

Fletcher looked at his harvest with a big grin on his face, he had collected five ability cores, in the span of hours, and he didn't even need to make an effort, the prey basically delivered itself to his doorsteps.
The speed at which he is developing is frightening, to say the least, it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine him becoming an invincible being if he has the time to grow further.

Greetings, this hiatus was longer than I expected, this chapter will officially mark the comeback of this work, and hopefully, there won't be any more setbacks (fingers crossed), Fletcher is my first project, and I don't want to abandon it without finishing at least the first ark, I realize now I made a lot of impulsive decision when it came to building the mc, I had planned to reveal more about him down the line, but I didn't put in perspective, that I alienated the most important character in the story, a reader needs to understand a character's ins and outs(how they think, why and how they make decisions), in order to build an emotional connection with it, but I don't regret anything, because the experience of writing fletcher helped me improve exponentially, and currently I'm working on my next project (very excited about it) that will be released on July of this year.

4