Chapter 42
1.3k 1 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you want to read up to 20 chapters ahead go to - pa*treon.com/nanutov55

----------------------------------------------------

After the Master's signal, Erza wasted no time and immediately summoned a two-handed sword with her Magic, while saying: - Let's get this over with quickly...

After that, she rushed at me with impressive speed. She seemed to want to end the entire fight with one blow. And judging by the trajectory of the blow, she wanted to hit me with the blunt side of her sword on the head in order to immediately knock me out. Pretty cruel. 

Unfortunately for her, Erza was not very fast in my eyes and I could dodge her attack with ease. But I decided to do it a little differently.

It wasn't until Erza was already a step away from me that I started to move. I quickly approached the girl, surprising her, avoiding the path of the sword and standing close to her, after which I hit Erza on the wrist. 

Despite the protective glove on Erza's hand, the blow was strong enough to numb her hand and drop her sword to the ground. Such an action further stunned Erza and ended up unable to react to my next strike. 

Of course, I held back my strength so as not to kill the girl, but since she was wearing armor, I hit for sure.

- Khu… - came out of the girl's mouth as my fist hit her right in the stomach and she flew back a few meters. 

Apparently, my blow still crushed the armor and left a notable dent on it. Our spectators were definitely surprised by the result of our first encounter. 

For a few seconds there was a deafening silence in the area, after which a violent reaction began. Master tried the most. He probably thinks he's already hit the jackpot. Well, well, let's see.... 

After giving the girl a few seconds to recover, I saw that Erza was finally taking me seriously. Without saying anything, Elsa started using her "Requip: The Knight" magic to put on another armor that could give her an advantage over me. 

The funny thing is that she thought that I would wait until her transformation was completed. By the way, we have a battle here, and even two seconds to change clothes is a lot. I clearly saw how Erza's body was bathed in light, after which her previous armor disappeared and another was supposed to appear, but I wanted to prevent this from happening. 

Using a newly learned spell, I fired two beams of light at the defenseless girl. I made it just in time before the new armor arrived.

- Argh… - the girl shouted, flying back a few meters again. 

Unexpectedly, the dressing process did not stop and Erza put on a new armor. Although the damage is still gone. If I'm not mistaken, it was the Heaven's Wheel Armor. 

I don't understand what the point of this armor is if Ezra's entire belly is exposed. This is literally the same place I just hit her and I can hit again. If only to brag about boobs, but who will think about functionalism? 

After recovering from a somewhat dastardly attack, Erza looked at me indignantly and was clearly very angry. 

- What? Did you really think that I would stand and wait while you change? Maybe demonstrative, but it's still a fight. If you didn't want me to take the opportunity, you should have distracted me. For example, like this ... - I answered the girl's displeased look, after which I showed her an example. 

Taking out the Leviathan for the first time in battle, I twirled it a bit in my hand, and then with all my foolishness I threw it at the surprised Erza. 

I must say, the reaction of the girl is good, because when she saw the ax flying at herself, she quickly summoned a pair of swords and received the attack by crossing them in front of her. 

But my ax is not made with a finger, it will obviously be more powerful than a pair of incomprehensible swords. The ax blade struck directly at the crossed swords, which shattered into pieces almost instantly. 

Erza knew in advance that her swords could not withstand, so at the last moment she managed to fly into the air, thanks to the ability of the armor. Leviathan flew right under her feet, but suddenly he stopped in the air and flew back. 

It was I who called him, as he fulfilled his function of distraction. While Erza tried to stop the axe, I managed to put on my Armor of the King of the Seas. 

Unlike Erza, who only had to wish and she had already changed, I had to get the armor dummy from the spatial storage and then put on the armor itself, which, fortunately, happened quickly. 

Since the opportunity arose, I finally decided to test drive my new armor and axe. And before that, I never came across a worthy opponent, but Erza is an ideal option, because unlike most Mages, she is primarily a melee fighter. 

When Erza saw that I was wearing armor as well, she looked at me in surprise and asked: - Are you also using Requip?

- Not really. But I thought against you, it would be perfect. You don't often get to fight someone who uses the same methods, right? - with a smile, under the helmets, I said. 

- Yes, you're right. It might be interesting. - Erza said with a weak smile. 

Finally, she lost her stiffness and decided to enjoy the fight. It's true what they say, only in combat can you really get to know another person. 

With a smirk, I created Light Ècuripte wings and soared into the air to be on equal footing with Erza. Seeing that I can also fly, the girl was surprised again, after all, this is also a rare skill and she is used to the fact that thanks to the flight ability of this armor, she gains an advantage that I have now deprived her of. 

Twisting my ax in my hands, I looked defiantly at the girl, after which I said: - Let's start? 

Ezra just nodded and summoned several dozen swords that now hovered around her and aimed at me. Now, we can say that we have concluded a pact with her. No magic, just our armor and our fighting skills. 

Although it's certainly not in my favor since I'm the only one who has to limit myself, this is the first safe opportunity to test my skills against another person with good skills. 

Without further delay, Erza sent swords at me. I, however, rushed forward, while sending a sickle of energy from an ax to destroy the first batch of iron. 

*** 

(3rd POV) 

The Fairy Tail guild members watched in awe as the fight between the strongest female of their guild and the rookie took place. In this Guild, many liked to fight or watch a good fight, but what was happening right before their eyes excited them all. 

Erza Scarlett, a girl feared by many for her heavy fist and temperament, was now fighting tooth and nail with the boy who had just appeared a few days ago. Initially, everyone thought that the fight would end in a couple of seconds, like last time with Natsu, but unexpectedly, in the first clash, it was Erza who lost. 

After that, the battle will turn into a serious fight with weapons, in which it was not clear who would win. The only thing that was clear was that Drake's weapons and armor were clearly of a higher quality. 

After each encounter, Erza had to draw out new swords as the previous ones had been broken by Drake's axe. After a while, Erza's sword collection was depleted and she switched to other weapons. In order to gain at least some advantage, Erza changed her armor to get other abilities, but this did not help her much, since Drake's armor seemed to be invulnerable, because in all the time the armor was not damaged, unlike Erza's armor. 

Their battle had been going on for half an hour and it looked like Erza had been cornered. After the last blow The girl fell to the ground with a heavy sound. She was still conscious, but it was clear that she was incredibly tired and it was hard for her to even get up. Almost everyone held their breath, as they thought that the winner was already a foregone conclusion and, unexpectedly for everyone, it turned out to be Drake. 

But suddenly, Drake's next words put everyone in a stupor:

- I give up.

- AAAAA…. - Everyone shouted in shock, not expecting such a result. 

*** 

Looking at all these surprised faces, I could hardly contain my laughter. It was funny. 

- Drake, are you sure? Looks like you're on the verge of victory. - the Master asked, clearly hoping that I was joking, since he wants to hit the jackpot.

- Yes, although it is not visible because of the armor, but I am on the verge. I was very tired and almost ran out of Magic Power. One more attack and I'm done. I don't want to go to bed with exhaustion, so it's better to finish. - I said lying.

- Is that how? Okay, this is your decision. Erza, can you still fight? - The Master said, accepting my reasoning, and then asked a question to Erza, who finally stood up. 

She didn't look very good. Her hair was turned into a crow's nest, and her whole body was covered in sweat. And cracks were visible on the armor. I did not specifically attack the exposed areas of her body, but only armor, so she did not have serious injuries, but she was very tired and also lost most of her Magic Power. 

And although Erza's eyes were now burning with a fighting spirit, she knew her limits very well, so she said: - No, Master. I'm on the edge too. I think this is the end.

- Okey. By mutual agreement, I stop this fight and declare a draw. I also don't think anyone will mind, Drake did a great job and deserved his promotion to A-Rank. - Master announced.

- Wuooo…. - the people exclaimed excitedly. They clearly enjoyed the spectacle. 

- Okay, okay, be quiet. - said the Master, asking for silence, after which he added: - No one predicted the result of the duel, therefore, Cana, return all the money back.

- Sorry, Master, but one person bet on a draw, so he broke the bank. - Cana said with a sweet smile which plunged everyone into yet another shock.

- What? Who made this bet? - the Master asked suspiciously.

- Drake. And here you are, by the way, take your winnings. Nearly five million precious. - Cana said as I approached her.

- Thanks to. Well, it was fun, I liked it, but I need to rest, see you. - I said, taking the money, after which I hurriedly teleported home.

- BASTARD!!! - it was the cry of the Master, and not only that I heard even from my house.

- Ha ha ha, it's was funny. - I said, pleased with today's battle.

55