Chapter 6 -Come on and do your job.
11 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ayato just finished making breakfast of eggs and bacon, then passed the plate over to Avrora, who said, "Why thank you."

He kept quiet and began to wash up the cooking utensils that were used.

The sound of running water followed by scrubbing filled the entire room.

Avrora munched on some bacon and said, "You know, you're a decent cook. I think I will enjoy staying here."

Ayato paused and replied, "When did we reach that agreement? Was I asleep or something?

Avrora pointed her silver fork at Ayato, "Well, now that I am anchored in the human realm, I need a place to stay, and you're my only vassal, so I just put two and two together."

Ayato sighed in defeat and replied, "Fine, you win." Make sure you tidy up after yourself."

"I am not a child, you know."

"And you're not a welcome guest either," he said, "but here we are."

Avrora reclined on the couch and turned her head towards Ayato, who was still in the kitchen.

"So don't you have law school soon?"

"I think I'll take the day off. It's not like I can leave you here by yourself; you might burn the place down."

*Vibration*

Ayato got a notification on his phone, which was on the kitchen counter, and he saw it was from Muzan when he glanced over at it.

From Muzan Mori: Hey, are you alive or nah?

Ayato sighed and said in his mind, "Honestly, I am not sure after what happened earlier this morning."

"Oh Ayato, by the way. I need clothes."

Ayato turned and faced Avrora. "Can't you use your spirit magic or whatever to create clothes?"

Avrora glared at him and replied, "It's not called Spirit Magic, and no, I can't."

"Fine, fine." We can get a few outfits but nothing expensive because money doesn't grow on trees, well at least where I am from anyway." 

After washing up, Avrora threw on one of Ayato's hoodies, which somewhat drowned her, so she decided to use it as a dress. She spent a good bit of time getting ready as Ayato impatiently tapped his foot on the ground.

After exiting the bathroom, she performed jazz hands and said, "Tadaaa." So what do you think?"

Ayato observed her and replied, "Uh, great, let's go. I don't even know how I am going to explain this to other people if I do run into them right now."

Both Avrora and Ayato exited the apartment building and onto the busy streets, where people kept bumping into Avrora because of her 5'2 height.

"Are you alright there, short stack?"

Avrora waved her hands in the crowd and said, "Save your spirit. SOS."

Ayato gave himself a face palm and maneuvered through the ground in order to get her. As he approached her, Ayato muttered, "Feared spirit my ass."

Fully approaching her, he grabbed Avrora by the left hoodie sleeve and pulled her along, "I swear you're like a lost puppy. What happened to the Midnight Reaper, Whispering Death Angel, Lady of the Wraith, or the Laughing Nightmare? I don't see that person."

Avrora pouted and replied, "Shut up. You're lucky I can't use my powers here."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, spirit lady."

As Ayato took one step forward, he felt a pain in the back of his right hand. He grimaced in pain as he looked at the Avrora's spirit crest, which had begun to glow very brightly.

"Uh, Avrora, my right hand is basically a light source right now."

Avrora froze for a bit and said, "Um, we have trouble."

"Ok, go on..."

"Whenever your spirit crest inflicts any type of pain and begins to glow, that means a witch is near."

Ayato looked around quickly and replied, "I don't see anything."

Avrora cleared her throat, "Ok, so quick speed run on witches. There are two types. There are the stronger ones who can manifest themselves into this plane, and there are the weaker ones who are stuck in limbo, which is the plane between the material and the spiritual realm."

"So basically this witch is stuck in limbo and you want me to enter there in order to dispatch it?"

"Ok, you're getting it."

"Soooo, how do I get there?"

Avrora looked around and said, "Oh, that's easy. You just have to enter your phantom form." 

Ayato put his hands in the pockets of his pants and said, "Ok, that seems easy enough. How do I enter it?"

"Umm, I don't know."

Ayato sighed and replied, "How do you not know this?"

Avrora lightly stomped her left foot on the ground, "It's my first time giving a contract, so give me a break."

"I know you can't be serious right now." "There's one of those witchy thingies near us, and we can't do anything about it."

"I'm sorry, ok?"

"What about your spirit friends who have issued contracts before?" Did they say anything that could be helpful? "

Avrora nervously scratched her cheek with her index finger and replied, "I didn't have any friends."

"Well, that makes sense, and you're being useless right now. So it's time for me to take over."

Avrora looked on curiously.

"Ok, Phantom form on."

"Phantom mode activated."

"Transform."

"Vassal powers activate."

Nothing happened.

Avrora said, "Uh, Ayato, you're causing a scene and people are starting to stare."

Ayato grabbed Avrora by the left hand and pulled her into a corner.

He said, "Alright, I give up on this." and leaned his back against a wall.

"Wait, I remember now," exclaimed Avrora.

"So you waited until I somewhat embarrassed myself in public to remember this?"

Avrora placed her index finger on his lips and said, "Shush, in order to enter your phantom form. You have to concentrate your spiritual arcane to the crest, then release it."

Ayato stared at the back of his hand and did as instructed. A bit of distortion surrounded him, and a few seconds later, Ayato appeared in a bleak version of the area he was just standing in. The sky was blood red, the buildings were abandoned and partly destroyed, there were dead trees littered everywhere, and there was no sign of human life. An thick fog flooded the area as Ayato looked for the apparent witch.

Suddenly, Avrora appeared beside him and said, "Oh yeah, I forgot. I can enter here as well because I am a spirit. "

A high-pitched screech echoed through the empty area. Both Avrora and Ayato turned their attention to the source of the sound.

As he realized what it was, Ayato exclaimed, "Oh shit.." 

2