CHAPTER 072(Mobility Issues)
3.8k 6 154
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Discord: https://discord.gg/t7bHrdRY7Y

pat.reon: Keanu_Eugene (30+ chapters ahead)

CHAPTER START---

SHAMBLES!

Horizon swaps with a lamp on the second floor of the bank, wearing a small camera on his tie from the police officers. Casually walking he hears frantic pacing downstairs, boots clattering on the stone tile.

Looking over the second-floor balcony he sees a man in a simple black suit, an automatic rifle in one hand and a detonator in the other. He wore a balaclava mask on his head, only showing his eyes and mouth, all plain looking.

Horizon slowly draws his sword, making sure the camera he's wearing gets a good show, and endpoints it at the man.

He gently swings his sword, the white blade and blue edge move as he speaks quietly, just barely enough for the camera to hear.

"Amputate." The man's hand with the detonator is lopped off at the wrist, yet he doesn't feel anything or even react.

"Shambles," the hand swaps for one of Horizon's cards, and he immediately applies pressure to the thumb, making sure it can't leave the trigger.

Feeling the pressure now on his hand the man panics and raises his left hand to look at it, only to freeze, seeing his bone and flesh exposed yet still feeling his hand.

"AHHHHH!" He shrieks in shock.

"Amputate," Horizon slashes once more, this time destroying the rifle the man held.

The man didn't even notice the rifle being bisected as he just drops to his knees, scared and confused as he clutches his wrist with his one remaining hand.

Horizon takes the time to stroll down the large staircase to the main floor, walking past all the bombs and clearing his throat for the man to look up at him.

Through his teary and scared eyes, Horizon looked like a monster, a demon. The detonator in his left hand, and a severed hand in his right, yet he carried himself as if it were completely normal.

"What did you do to me?" The man asks in a shaky voice, looking down to see his wrist wasn't even bleeding.

"Relax, it doesn't hurt, I'll put it back when you're arrested...I mean how else would the handcuffs work," Horizon shrugs.

"I'll be ok?"

"You'll be ok, just walk outside and hand yourself over..."

And that's exactly what happened, clutching his severed hand the man walks outside without his mask on, peacefully handing himself over to the police.

And the bystanders and officers alike cheer for Horizon, as he resolves his first big incident. A bright start for their future Hero.

The bomb squad rushes in, and one of them stops by Horizon.

"I didn't touch the bombs," Horizon says as he carefully hands over the detonator to the man.

"Well done, good work Hero," the man quickly nods and rushes off to join his men.

'Well that's a first...and I'm already sick of it,' Horizon thinks.

Horizon quickly calls one of the officers over and hands him the served limb and body camera, leaving the man thoroughly disgusted and shocked as he walks away. Seeing Burnin talking to the captain.

"Well look who finally showed up," he says to Burnin.

"Well, we can't all warp. But good job, you ended things smoothly and didn't even need my help!" She gives a dazzling smile and a thumbs up.

"You really did good work Horizon," the captain says. "I can't wait to see what you'll be like as a Pro, now, I need to go make a statement to the media."

"Mind if I join you?" Horizon asks.

"Uh, they can be pretty intense."

"More intense than a hostage and bomb situation?"

"Fair enough, follow me."

Falling into step behind the captain Horizon and Burnin stand by and listen to him explain what happened to the media, until he eventually passes the attention over to Horizon.

"---Thankfully Horizon showed up so the situation was resolved minutes later without anyone getting hurt or needing to fire a single bullet. He was instrumental in resolving this incident and my report as well as the body camera footage will support that. Those will be released to the public later today..."

The captain immediately and wisely walks away before they can pull him into another barrage of questions, heading off to handle cleanup and write his report.

Now standing in front of the mob with Burnin all eyes and cameras were on him.

And the barrage of questions began.

"Horizon! How do you feel after resolving your first official incident involving civilians?!"

"Saving people always feel great," Horizon says. Publicly saving people does feel great, because the more he saves the closer he is to saving his parents.

"How has it been at the Endeavor Hero Agency?!"

"It's been great, he and I have an understanding of what we expect from each other. Endeavor is my gold standard for Pro Heroes so working with him will teach me a lot. I aim to learn as much as I can from him to help as many people as possible."

"How was the plan that handled this bank situation devised?!"

"When I arrived on the scene the captain and I put our heads together to utilize my quirk effectively and efficiently. Working together with our brave police officers thankfully we were able to avoid any violence today."

"Would it be right to say that you with the support of the police resolved this incident?!" One reporter asks.

"Not at all," Horizon says. "I assisted them in whatever way I could. Having a powerful Quirk doesn't mean I'm the lead in every situation. In this delicate and volatile situation power is hardly relevant. These men and women have years of training and experience that I'd be foolish and ignorant to ignore and act as if I know better than, they're the real heroes here..."

The nearby police officers look genuinely surprised at this response. Not expecting or used to this much credit being given to them, especially from a Pro Hero.

In this world, you're either a Pro Hero, or you're nothing, even if your job is so intertwined.

Horizon knew this, and every word was carefully chosen to be extraordinarily humble, because he knew this would be seen as a blatant lie when the bodycam footage and official reports show him doing most of the work.

That would then make him look even better in the public eye, and that's all that mattered.

---6 PM...

Laying in his room at the Endeavor Hero Agency, Law has all the lights off as he scrolls through his 'Yay!' page. Seeing everyone commenting on his latest post.

After the police published the details, bodycam footage, and the media agencies posted their own pictures. He put the most flattering bits and pieces together and posted it on his page.

His room didn't have much else to do. It was small, with a bed, wardrobe, desk, chair, and bedside table and lamp. Only the essentials.

With a single warp he could be in his Tokyo penthouse to enjoy all its comforts. But if something happened here he could miss the alert and lose a precious chance to build himself up, it simple wasn't worth the risk.

Currently, he had a meal bar in one hand and his phone in the other, his body glove was neatly folded at his desk and his visor was atop it.

He sees the 1A group chat going wild with everyone asking him how the bank situation was and if he's ok, he looks at the messages but doesn't bother responding.

Then he gets three messages. One from Sero telling him how cool he looked on the news. Another from Jiro asking if he's ok.

And finally a message from Momo that read, 'I hope you're alright, it seems at least one of us is doing real heroic things at our internship...'

Horizon just raises a brow at it and leaves her on 'seen' like the others. He had bigger things to worry about than their poor choices.

Finishing his meal bar and drinking some water he goes down to the basics to figure out exactly how to solve his current problem.

'Ok, what do I know?

I know my Quirk works in a sphere.

I know that the ROOM always extends with me in the middle.

My own universe where I'm the center of it, as a god should be.

I know once I'm in there I'm powerful.

...But today I realized that my lifestyle has always been me fighting somewhat on my own terms.

When I worked with mom she taught me to pick my fights, so I could usually just wait for my target.

But heroes are reactive, not proactive. Now that I'm playing Hero I need to be able to chase people.

Once I get to the fight I'm fine, but getting to the fight is a serious problem. If one of those bank guys were strong earlier I could have been in trouble. If the USJ Nomu was there I'd be dead because of how drained I was just to get there.

I can't afford to spend that much energy just to get to an incident in the future, I need mobility outside of my ROOM...'

"But how the fuck do I do that?" Law asks aloud. "If I could just move about like Hawks or Burnin, or even Bakugo..."

Law sits up, suddenly struck by an idea, by something that caught his eye at the Sports Festival.

"Hover Soles..." he quickly finds Mei Hatsume's match against Kaminari, plus some clips of her during the cavalry battle and obstacle race. "They let her hover above the ground...but I'll need something a lot better than that, and a lot less goofy."

Law is about to call Nezu when he hears a loud knowing at his door.

ROOM!

SHAMBLES!

He's sudden in his body glove and visor as he walks to the door, opening it to see Endeavor standing there in casual clothes and a coat.

"Yeah?" he asks, standing at almost the exact same height, face-to-face with Endeavor.

Endeavor takes a good look at Horizon, now realizing how muscular he was under that suit, because that's what he's in almost all the time either in the UA uniform or his Hero Costume.

"We're going to dinner, dress casually," Endeavor doesn't even wait for a response, just starts walking away.

"Well...I could still eat I guess," Horizon shrugs and goes to get some clothes on.

Completely oblivious to how much Todoroki family drama was about to unfold...

END CHAPTER---

154