CHAPTER 288(1st Year Ends)
1k 8 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Discord: https://discord.gg/t7bHrdRY7Y

pat.reon: Keanu_Eugene 

CHAPTER START---

Within UA resides a new structure, a massive Quirk Gym built to accommodate training that simply couldn't be done comfortably or safely in the basement gym each dorm building has.

This gym was gargantuan compared to all others and housed unique rooms and equipment, built as both a training facility and an underground shelter incase of villain attacks.

But today, it was entirely full, almost every Hero Course student currently residing within UA was here.

Walking through the hallway of this facility Horizon idly scrolls on his phone, wearing his UA PE Uniform and carrying a bottle of water in his other hand, he rounds the corner to the main training room to see it almost entirely full.

He sees some of the 3rd years in the firing range area, launching all manner of projectiles down range.

Thankfully the thick glass between them and the firing range spared them from the noise, especially since Bakugo was also there practicing his AP Shot.

He looks around a bit more through the glass doors before he enters the room, seeing some of the new 1st years getting pointers from some of his classmates as well as some 2B members like Kendo.

"Looks like they couldn't wait to get to Quirk training," Horizon mutters as he sees a few of them floating through the air with Uraraka, clearly getting a lesson in aerial maneuverability.

A few moments later she cancels her Zero Gravity Quirk, and two of the students hover in place, one with flames from both hands and another with a small green tornado below him.

The third sprouts metallic wings from his back to stay in place, and they all share a laugh.

'What, so everyone else can fly?' he rolls his eyes beneath the visor.

Looking around a bit more his attention is drawn back to the firing range. 

He sees a young boy generating an orange force field in front of him, only for a girl standing nearby to fire a thin laser beam from each eye into it.

The force field absorbs the energy and becomes a brighter orange before the boy launches the laser down the firing range.

'That kid, he's the one I met last year. His brother was my inside man for the raid I planned…He really wasn't kidding about wanting to get into UA.'

He stands there for a while longer observing the Quirks, eventually seeing one of the 1st years grow to 15 ft -3m- tall, and see Kendo enlarge her hand to give him a high five which sends him tumbling backward.

Each moment he sees more interesting and amazing Quirks, with students excitedly helping each other figure out exactly how they work.

Then a ringing starts within his visor.

"Do you need something?" Horizon asks.

"I see you're enjoying the show, well, what do you think?" Nezu asks.

Horizon glances up and to the side, seeing a camera facing him as he stands in front of the one way glass doors.

"Lots of interesting Quirks, but I see some that I'm sure wouldn't have passed the entrance exam," he says while looking at a boy turn into smoke for a few seconds before turning back, exhausted from a long day of training.

"That is true, but this year Eraser Head was in charge of the entrance exams, and he made sure to have special interviews and tests for those who weren't battle focused in regards to usefulness."

"So we won't have another Shinso situation?"

"Precisely, and admittedly it's been long overdue," Nezu says. "We even have a telepath in 1B."

"That'll be useful, are they any good?"

"She's clearly been practicing discretely her entire life, are you looking for a new recruit?"

"We'll see, anything else I should know? Any more interesting Quirks?" he says while seeing a boy dissolve into liquid and reform to look like the student he was talking to. "Well that's a new one…"

"The number of applicants was greatly reduced, down to 3 thousand from our average of 10 thousand, but the number of applicants from overseas grew surprisingly."

"What do you think caused that?" Horizon chuckles.

"Well it could be anything, from Villains becoming more and more dangerous which discourages people from wanting to be Pro Heroes, to UA in particular having a seemingly unstable and psychopathic demi-god walking around campus, to any number of reasons."

"I see, well at least you know the ones that are here really really want it," Horizon says. "And what's with this training facility exactly?"

Horizon sees a boy transform into a massive snake and rush across the room, surprising everyone and scaring many people.

"It was built at the request of Ms. Midnight and Ectoplasm," Nezu says. "Usually we have facilities like these separated by year group, but in the event that UA will be attacked its best if all the Hero Course students know how to work together, and as you can see some of the upperclassmen like yourself aren't above giving advice and pointers to their younger peers."

"I noticed," he sees Momo off in a corner sparring with some of the 1st years using her metal staff. And right next to them is Deku giving instructions to a few students doing agility drills.

"Well, have fun, and try not to hurt anyone," Nezu says.

"No promises," Horizon says before hanging up and pushing open the doors.

As soon as he steps inside the entire room goes silent and everyone stares at him, most of the people here have only seen him on TV, a few even have posters of him and action figures in their rooms here at UA.

So seeing him in person was both exciting and terrifying all at once.

Until one person speaks up, Sero, from within a boxing right where he's sparring with Ojiro.

"Hey you gonna get in the ring after?" Sero asks, loudly since he was across the room.

Horizon sighs and begins walking over, "I'm only in here because it's raining outside, I've got my own training to do right now."

"Awe, a god who can't even stop the rain," Sero cackles, surprising most of the room.

"Horizon doesn't even look at him while walking by the ring, "if I change the weather every time it rains the environment would suffer genius," Horizon raises a hand back and gives him the middle finger, and Sero's right glove suddenly punches himself in the face.

"AH!" he yells while falling down, rubbing his red cheek. "Jerk!"

Ojiro immediately begins laughing which eventually spreads to a few other people, and after a few more tense moments everyone gets back to their training, trying to ignore Horizon.

Some of the 1st and 3rd year students were a bit uneasy with Horizon being here, but watching the 2nd years ignoring him and getting back to training, after all, his classmates would know him the best.

He makes his way over to the back of the room where there is a massive wall of solid metal with a marked area in front of it, boldly labeled 'caution' across the floor.

The solid metal wall is over 200ft -60 m- wide, spanning the width of the entire building, and 150ft -45m- tall, reaching almost the ceiling.

Horizon drops his water bottle, leaving it to hover in the air before warping to a control panel at the edge of the steel wall, raising the plastic security case and inputting a password to activate this device.

A password that only a few students knew because of how dangerous this was.

Many people noticed this, as most of them made sure to inspect all the high tech training machines when they first entered the room, but only a few people even knew what this was.

And the moment he entered the password, the solid wall revealed itself to be made of thousands pieces of oddly shaped metal, all which fit together with zero tolerance between them to appear as one piece.

Horizon warps back to where his water bottle is, hands in his pockets, and looks up at the metal that was no longer being held in place by the magnets that kept it in place.

The caution area just in front of his feed begins to descend into the floor to create a massive pit as all the metal objects begin falling, starting from the top.

The rain of oddly shaped tungsten catches everyone's attention, and Horizon simply stands there as it begins clearly falling directly into the pit without leaving the caution area.

Then suddenly, every piece stops.

Not too far away 2B Student Reiko Yanagi is practicing by moving around a dozen 100lb plates simultaneously with her Telekinesis Quirk, showing a new 1st year how to best use this type of Quirk as he's struggling to move only 3 plates at once.

But both of them stop, with the 1st year dropping his plates as they see Horizon casually a wall of metal.

Of Course they've seen him do far more impressive things on TV, such as the entire Gigantomachy, but to witness this in person was an entirely different story.

A summit they could never dream of reaching, especially since both of these students were told about that machine, and the 1000 lbs of weight each segment has.

Then a moment after all the weights stopped, they began zooming around the caution area, never leaving, but each time they would collide Horizon warped them around, constantly speeding them up and warping them to avoid collisions.

Hundreds of pieces of metal moving in a perfectly coordinated yet random symphony all at once.

Most of the newer students completely stopped what they were doing and just stared in awe, even more so when Horizon took out his phone and started texting someone.

"Wow, I wonder if I'll be able to do that someday…" the boy mutters, only for Yanagi to gently flick his forehead.

"Ah, what was that for?" he asks.

"First rule of UA, don't compare yourself to Horizon," she says flatly. "We have mortal limits, and he's Horizon. Now, let's get back to our training."

"Right!" he says excitedly, focusing on the weight he was moving once more.

A few moments later Horizon puts the phone away and taps the side of his visor, which his classmates would recognize as him accepting a phone call.

"I got your message," Ryuko says. "And aren't you forgetting something important is happening tomorrow?" she asks.

"Well, I've got an important call about a contract tomorrow, but aside from that there isn't anything else, nope…"

"I meant your first day as a 2nd year in UA, the opening ceremony, did you forget that."

"Well I would go, but, it's my birthday," Horizon says. "So let's ditch it."

"April 3rd is your birthday?" Ryuko asks.

"Yeah, so let's go have some fun."

"Hmm, what did you have in mind?" Ryuko asks. "And do remember I'm still at the mountain resort with my team right now."

"Lets go surfing," Horizon says.

"Babe, I don't know how to surf."

"Exactly, that's half the fun," he laughs deviously…

END CHAPTER---

36