Chapter 2-Birth of a Nightmarish Creature
371 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the egg being shattered, the shadowy figure of a small unknown creature could vaguely be seen within the dark cloud, flitting in and out of sight, indistinct and hidden…

 

Its pair of savage and sanguine eyes were glowing like hot embers, illuminating the area. It then let out a ghostly howl of delight as though it was celebrating its escape.

 

“Swoosh!”

 

Meanwhile, as the shadowy figure was becoming visible, the surrounding dark cloud suddenly formed a vortex around it and was being crazily absorbed by it.

 

Throughout the whole dark evil forest, all the dark could like miasma began gathering, with the small unknown creature as a focal point.

 

It was unknown if the dark cloud-like miasma was attracted by the unknown little creature or if it was forcefully dragged by it.

 

No matter the case, the little unknown creature was like a bottomless pit as it continued to devour the dark cloud like miasma with no sign of stopping.

 

At the same time, its illusionary shadowy figure seemed to be growing little by little as it continued to devour the miasma.

 

From far away, one could see the endless dark cloud leaving the surrounding area and forming an evil ocean-like vortex above the sky at the center of the dark evil forest. This sight was even visible from a thousand miles away.

 

“What is that?”

 

“A supreme treasure is being born!”

 

The surrounding adventurers at the entrance of the dark evil forest were shocked upon seeing this magnificent sight, and then immediately overcome with joy.

 

At the same time, they made the center of the dark evil forest their ultimate target.

 

“This… Is this really a supreme treasure coming into being? I feel like it is more of an evil fiend coming into being…” Stirringly said an old man in a grey robe mage outfit.

 

“What kinda ominous land would give birth to a good treasure.” He added.

 

Unlike the others who seemed to be blinded by greed, this old man seemed quite solemn. He had a bad feeling about everything and his gut feeling had never failed him before.

 

“It may be ominous, but so what? We still have to enter it. Remember our goal is the lost magic staff of the great Archmage Gideon. We can't let anyone get their hands on it.” Said a handsome blonde hair young man dressed in a luxurious noble outfit.

 

“Over years, how many adventurers and powerful mages have perished in the dark evil forest, even if it didn't produce any treasure, one could imagine how many treasures have been buried there along with the corpses of their owners .”

 

“Furthermore, what ominous and dreadful existence in the world would dare to be arrogant under the presence of our powerful Guardian?” He added in a confident tone.

 

Hearing this, the old man in the grey robe mage outfit felt some truth. Having the protection of a Swordmaster was enough to make the trip into the dark evil forest a walk in the park now that the black fog was vanishing.

 

Furthermore, even against a bigger danger, they could still escape unscathed with their teleportation magic scrolls which they prepared in advance.

 

Meanwhile, as the magnificent scene continued and the dark evil forest became more visible, the expressions of the adventurers along with everyone gathered outside greatly shifted.

 

They quickly went from feeling shocked to being aghast. Their eyes opened wide upon seeing the spectacle and the unveiling scene in front of them.

 

Some of them even rubbed their eyes thinking they were seeing things. However, after rubbing their eyes for a while, the view ahead of them was still the same, meaning that it was not only in their mind!

 

“This… This… the dark evil forest wasn't a real forest…” Many of them couldn't accept what their eyes were telling them as they took a deep breath and tried to soak in this reality.

 

After the black fog was lifted in the dark evil forest, they were all expecting to see a scorched and barren land or forest.

 

However, what sprawled before them were the ruins of a once massive and impressive city. Toppled towers were half buried on the ground while others lean their crooked frames against crumbling walls of stone.

 

The charred remains of homes and citadels rose like the rib bones of a decayed leviathan, long ago stripped of anything of worth or use. Dark roots and moss overtook once bustling cobbled streets and buildings.

 

That wasn’t all. Death and carnage seemed to pervade the entirety of the ruined city as there were skeletal remains as far as the eyes could see.

 

They were scattered all over the ground, some belong to humans while others belong to demons and other unknown beasts.

 

All of these creatures here seemed to have suffered a violent and unnatural death while they were alive.

 

Everyone shivered at the sight in front of them. They all became speechless as a chilling fear crept upon their spines and nervousness loomed in their hearts.

 

“This… What exactly had happened here?”

 

Seeing all of the bones, even the once calm old man with the grey robe mage became deathly pale and said.”This matter was too frightening.”

 

“We shall go in.” While everyone was still immobilized from fear, the handsome blonde hair young noble went ahead.

 

He wrapped his body with an azure aura. His eyes were still sharp. Though the old man was still unwilling, he still follow the young man along with dozen of knights in silver armor.

 

Seeing the handsome noble young man advancing along with his troops, many adventurers and other noble family bit their teeth as they all followed them into the ruined city. None of them went back as they didn’t want to miss out.

 

Meanwhile, at the center of the once ruined city known as the dark evil forest, stood a creature borne from the recesses of one’s darkest nightmare.

 

Standing four feet tall and six feet long, the unknown creature was pitch black from top to bottom and had six legs.

 

It had the body of a panther and glossy dragon scales black like obsidian including two terrible horns, black as onyx, crest its sloping forehead.

 

It had bone spurs growing on its back all the way to its five feet long tails which splits into a dozen tiny tentacles that ended in pads of sharp spiky edges.

 

Its bone spurs were sucking and emitting countless black lights, like ferocious spears piercing the sky. Evil flames were surging beneath its paws.

 

However, the most frightening part was its long teeth that extended all the way down to its jaws. These were long and sharp teeth that could bite and tear through everything in this world!

It looked quite nightmarish and prime to devour the world. Whether by the force of its substantial jaws or through the poisonous drool dripping from its loathsome fangs, this monster exists only to gruesomely kill anything unlucky enough to come across its path

 

However, for some reason, this horrifying and savage creature seemed to have a confused expression in his sanguine eyes which conflicted with its nightmarish nature.

 

‘I can see that the Grand Reincarnation Art clearly works but how the hell I reincarnated as a beast and where the hell is this damn place. This doesn’t look like the immortal realm.’

14