Chapter 10- A Gruesome Crime Scene
186 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a long dark and cold night, dawn broke, illuminating the inky darkness of the cloud-shrouded night.

 

The warm glow of the sun peeked warily over the horizon as if confirm the moons' slumber.

 

Dim light and a gentle breeze illuminated the nearby surroundings, which had laid just beyond the edge of darkness until dawn.

 

Meanwhile, the once abandoned and ruined city which was graced with a night of partying and celebration after eon was now struck by the most unusual tranquil and quiet morning.

 

It was so quiet that it seemed like everything was holding their breath.

 

Whoosh…

 

Cool morning breezes blew throughout the entire area, enhancing the quietness of the abandoned and ruined city even more.

 

At this moment, in the northern part of the ruined city, hundreds of people formed a circle; inside the circle were two dead bodies, more precisely two broken skeletons and one small bloody torn-down tent.

 

Unlike the other old and decaying skeletons found throughout the abandoned and ruined city, these two skeletons seemed quite new and fresh.

 

So fresh that they were both still stained with dried blood along with the ground beneath them.

 

Both of the skeletons had their rib cages broken and ripped out with the flat bones that formed them scattered about as if they were flung away including their skulls.

 

Mangle's bit of fleshes could still be seen clinging to some of the bones of the skeletons like maggots.

 

A pair of bloody scalps were also found laying on the ground, one next to each skeleton, and a pair of bloody leather boots along with blood-stained clothes next to the one outside the tent.

 

It was truly a brutal and hideous scene to look at. It also didn't take a genius investigator to know that both victims died last in the most gruesome way possible and were eaten by a vicious monster.

 

Aside from the numerous bitten marks on the bones, there was also a trail of paw prints in the surrounding areas as well as next to the skeletons.

 

The prints were almost as vivid and clear as the paws that made them. The steps were careful enough to be clear, careless enough to be easily followed.

 

The dust worked like a clock, indicating how long ago each track was made. Some of the prints were deeper, more specifically the ones in front of both skeletons. It was as if the culprit paused or stopped in this spot for some time before moving. And it was obvious why.

 

Currently, the world seemed to be frozen. Everyone stared in horror and didn't move an inch - frozen like wooden chicken. This bloody and gruesome scene left many of them deathly pale.

 

It was too much for some of them to handle as the weak-hearted ones twitched a bit before vomiting. Everyone felt their hair standing on end. Mouths were wide open.

 

"How… could this be!" At this point, someone let out a shrill scream since they were unable to cope with such a horrifying scene.

 

"The situation is bad…"

 

"How come there's a magic beast here?"

 

"Don't tell me those damn magic beasts from the Evergreen mountain range already came inside as well now that the black fog is gone."

 

"The thing is we don't know how many of them are here already and how strong are they?"

 

In just a short period of time, the commotion here had become so big that it spread throughout the entire dark evil forest.

 

More and more people started gathering. Most of them cried out in shock when they saw the two bloody skeletons, and they would start inquiring about the events.

 

In moments, the scene was surrounded by layers of human walls; whisperings and discussions could be heard everywhere.

 

"It seems like we aren't alone in this place."

 

"Fuck this shit! I'm going back home. I ain't staying here any longer. I already got enough treasure to live a luxurious life."

 

"What about me, I just got here. I can't go back empty-handed. My wife will kill me."

 

"Stay if you want but I'm out of here. I am not ready to face any powerful magic beast with my meager low-level Iron rank warrior strength."

 

"It seems like those magic beasts already set their eyes on this location, it won't be long before they start migrating in groups there."

One had to understand, just like the dark evil forest before the disappearance of the black miasma, the Evergreen mountain range was also considered as of the most dangerous place on the continent.

 

Unlike the dark evil forest, the Evergreen mountain range was infested with all kinda powerful and vicious magic beasts. And to those magic beasts, there was no greater nutritious and delicious food than the human flesh as it was filled with mana.

 

.........

 

While the entire dark evil forest fell into chaos due to the sudden discovery of the two corpses, the culprit Primordius was currently hiding underneath the rubbles of another destroyed building. He was checking his new stats as well as planning his next attack.

 

Name: Primordius


Race: The Last Abyssal


Level: 2 (94/300)

 

Innate skill: Chaos Eater (Rank:???), Abyssal Will (Rank:???)

 

Unique skill: Monster Creation (Rank:???)

 

Acquired Skills: [Presence Concealment; Rank: A], [Esgali Language Comprehension, rank F]


Negative Energy: 30


Monster Minions: None

 

....Physical Stats...

 


Strength: 10.34

 

Agility: 9.34

 

Stamina: 11.34

 

Constitution: 20

 

Intelligence: 47

 

Wisdom: 40

 

Abyssal Energy: 1.34

 

[Note: A Second Unique Skill will be unlocked after the host reaches level 10]

...............

 

'Not bad.' Primordius thought after looking at the changes in his stats. He couldn't wait to reach level 10 to see what kinda unique skill he would awaken.

 

'However, that's not enough. I need to get stronger as soon as possible.' He added with a solemn expression on his face.

 

After eating the brains of the two people last night, Primordius was somehow able to acquire all of their memories.

 

As such, he was able to get a grasp of the type of world he was reincarnated into, its people, its culture, and how dangerous it was for the current him.


9