Chapter 22-The Boss Monster
149 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

By the time Primordius was done with the magic-horned boar, only its carcass remained with its horn still stuck into the giant tree trunk.

 

Even though the magic-horned boar’s meat wasn’t to his liking and was not as tasty and juicy as the human flesh he was accustomed to, he still made sure to clean his plate.

 

Not because he wanted to but because of the damn demonic system. If he were not to finish his meal like a good kid then he would not be awarded any stat points or exp.

 

‘One of these days, when I get my hands on you, I’ll make you eat shit.’ Primordius inwardly thought as he was running with extreme speed towards his destination.

 

Unlike before, he was traveling with extreme ease and peace as no magic beasts dared to stop him or block his way.

 

It wasn’t that there weren’t any magic beasts in the area, there were still many. Primordius could feel them watching him secretly from afar but none of them dared to come closer or attack him.

 

He was already considered a tyrant in this area, second only to the Boss Monster. Aside from that, they’ve also witnessed his brutality and cruelty. Even for a magic beast, it was too much and that said a lot about its character. As such, they tried to avoid him at all costs. None of them wanted to be eaten alive.

 

With no obstacles and no one to bother him, Primordius ran along the way like a madman. It was as if the entire forest was his private playground.

 

Eventually, he reached his destination after a long trek. Standing before him was a giant and tall mountain that reached all the way into the clouds.

 

With just a glance, one could tell that this mountain was the tallest and highest mountain in the surrounding one hundred kilometers radius. Anyone would feel that they were so inconsequential when standing at this mountain’s base.

 

Unfortunately, despite its towering size, this tall and giant mountain seemed to be quite out of place in the area as it was barren and desolate compared to the other surrounding mountains which were blessed with lush vegetation and foliage.

 

It was quite old and tattered as if someone had crushed it or had been scorched by flames. There was no vegetation whether it was around its base or hillside.

 

Looking at the mountain peak, Primordius’s expression suddenly turned solemn and his cold searing eyes were blazing with battle intent.

 

He then took a deep breath while looking at the mountain with his penetrating gaze before he ran toward its base and began to climb the towering desolate mountain.

 

Climbing up this mountain was a challenge in itself due to its steepness which required one to climb while tilting forward. Just one wrong step and one might fall down into an ugly death.

 

But of course, for Primordius it wasn’t a problem at all. With each step he took, his sharp claws were nailed deep into the ground. As such, it was impossible for him to lose his footing despite how dangerously steep and slippery it was.

 

Nonetheless, he wasn’t climbing too fast or slow. He was climbing it at a fair pace while constantly surveying his surrounding.

 

Before long, he was already at the waist of the mountain. From this position, he was able to see a small aerial view of the evergreen mountain range for miles around. And it was extremely beautiful and breathtaking.

 

He saw an endless rolling hills and tall trees that covered the entire mountain range like umbrellas and majestic mountains.

 

There were large rivers that resembled silver serpents coiling around the giant mountains and trees. Everything was full of life, and the worldly energy even permeated the air. It was nature at its finest.

 

Even though it wasn’t his first time, every time Primordius looked from above at this wonderful paradise where nature has not been rearranged and degraded by the hand of man gave him peace of mind.

 

It cleansed him in both body and mind and allowed him to suddenly feel as though his body and mind had grown wings.

 

‘Humans are truly the bane of nature.’ He inwardly thought as he continued to climb further.

 

For some reason, he always gets philosophical when reaching this part of the mountain. It might be because getting hit too much in the head in the past couple of days.

 

After climbing the giant desolate mountain for another twenty minutes and an hour or so, Primordius finally reached the mountain peak.

 

In contrast to what one might expect, the summit of the grand desolate mountain was a large stretch of flat land. It was approximately four hundred feet long and three hundred fifty feet wide. Just like the mountain, it was also void of any vegetation.

 

However, in the middle of this large stretch of flat land stood a giant leafy tree with broad, long branches, greener than it should be.

 

It might not be as tall as the pine trees in the surroundings, but no other trees were comparable to its thickness and majesty.

 

Its twisted roots and intertwined joints dug deep into the earth while its dragon-like branches broadened in all directions. This giant tree was like a giant umbrella that encompassed the summit of the mountain hundreds of feet away.

 

Aside from that, dozens of fruits could be seen hanging on the branches as well, plump and bright as stars. These fruits were azure in color and exuded powerful magical energy, as though they had been created after absorbing the surrounding worldly energy.

 

However, Primordius wasn’t paying attention to any of that. He was more concerned about the intense feeling of danger he felt the moment he stepped foot on the summit of the mountain.

 

There was this powerful aura of a fierce beast as vast as the sea that permeated the air, which made it hard to breathe as it was suffocating.

 

‘It seems like that bastard has become stronger again.’ Inwardly thought Primordius as he was looking at the giant tree with a penetrating gaze. This was where the terrifying aura was coming from and it weighted down upon him like a giant boulder.

 

‘However, you aren’t the only one that progressed. I’ve also become stronger since our last fight.’ He added as he walked towards the giant tree.

 

Meanwhile, the closer he got to the giant tree, the stronger the pressure became. Nonetheless, Primordius seemed quite unperturbed by it.

 

Once he got only a few feet meters away from the tree trunk, he stopped advancing and raised his head to look at the green foliage tree.

 

“ROAR!”

 

In the next second, Primordius opened his maw and suddenly let out a terrifying roar, intimidating all the magic beasts in the surrounding ten miles radius.

 

His roar resonated like thunder. It was an awakening like a bowl of cold water being poured down on one’s head or a thunderclap resounding in one’s mind.

 

Following Primordius’s thunderous roar, the branches of the giant tree suddenly shook before a giant shadow burst from the tree and landed on the ground accompanied by a vast and unparalleled aura.

 

“Bang.”

 

Upon its landing, the ground shook violently as if the entire mountain was about to crumble.

 

At this moment, a huge magic beast was standing right in front of Primordius while looking at him with its terrifyingly baleful eyes while exuding a tyrannical aura.

 

The creature had furs of flaming, ruby red and the fangs in its mouth breathed in and out, creating a demonic gale.

 

If size were the only terrifying thing, that would be enough, for this giant monster towered over Primordius, nearly fifteen feet tall and as wide as a door frame.

 

The humanoid and manlike creature had a ridiculously powerful build with sleek and powerful muscles like steel cables bulging in both his arms and legs.

 

Its long arms, ropy with muscle, were ideally shaped for movement through brachiation. Unsurprisingly, it was easy to imagine what kind of damage this creature could inflict if angered.

 

One blow from its doubled fist could easily dash out the brains of even the brawniest humanoid warrior, and this beast could certainly tear off a limb or two with little effort should one raise its ire.

 

At this point, the humanoid creature was exuding a fearsome balefulness and stormy atmosphere. Under its torrential pressure, even Gold Rank warrior would lose his will to fight.


[Species: Blood Raging Ape]

 

[Rank: Gold Rank Early-Stage]

 

[Hp: 8000]

 

[Experience: 900]

 

[Skills: Berserk State; Rank: A]

[Berserk State: Upon activation, the Blood Raging Ape would have his strength increased by 1.5 times for a ten minutes duration]

 

‘This bastard is scary as always.’ Primordius inwardly as he was looking at the Blood Raging Ape’s partial stats and skill

6