Chapter 555 – Abyss (1)
149 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, Leylin Farlier was preparing for his ascension to the Being of Law, Rank 7 Magus, and eventually becoming the Law Magus by fusing the Magus Path and Godhood Method Path; Gu Long has already begun his own.

World of Gods also called this realm The Infinite Layers of the Abyss.

It was the birthplace of the demons, a chaotic evil universe unto itself with uncountable layers of infinite variety connected haphazardly. The Abyss's place in the cosmology of the World of Gods shifted over time, but the nature of the plane remained fairly constant.

It was a violent, malevolent place where the strong survived on the backs of the weak, the weak conspired to overthrow the strong, alliances only lasted while convenient, and the landscape itself tortured the mind and body of all who dared to pass.

While nobody has even reached the true end, some speculated that it was infinite, some said that the Abyss had 666 Layers, but nobody knew.

The reason for that was rather simple... because nobody was strong enough to reach the end.

Even his father told him that the Abyss in the World of Gods was a place that contained many powerful Demons, some even on Tier 11 if he was correct.

For that reason, Gu Long was very cautious when he entered this dammed place for his breakthrough.

Gu Long used the concealment artifact that his father gave him, the Emblem of Silence, to hide his very own existence from those who oversaw the entire Abyss.

There was a reasonable assumption to be made that there were Tier 12 Archdemons residing here.

So when the Dragon Prince arrived at the Abyss, he carried the standard procedures that he was taught when entering an unfamiliar world. He started by confirming the world coordinates a task that was menial rather than of some value.

When he was prepared to move on to the other task, he suddenly froze in place because...

"This is not in the World of Gods... this is somewhere else within the Universe or perhaps..."

He muttered with worry as he started casting more spells and carrying out more tests until his worries were proven to be true.

"Abyss... is already of the size of a Universe, located directly outside of the Universe where Magus World and World of Gods is located... it already grew to this size... I must report this to father."

This was indeed a very shocking discovery and was proof that the Fiends were plotting something, or there was also another explanation.

Either of them was catastrophic for the future of the Endless Cosmos.

"Either they are trying to produce Singularity or a new faction, same as Fiends is rising... now I can't decide what is worse."

While the birth of the Singularity from the side of Fiends would be a catastrophic event, at the same time, it would be contained by the other three Singularities of Sage Dynasty, Holy City, and Void Association.

Neither of the scenarios was good because they signified unpreceded degrees of destruction, though the one where Fiends gained Singularity would be undoubtedly worse because such a powerhouse would elevate the Fiends into a whole new level of strength.

He quickly used his Minor Arcana to send this crucial piece of information back to his father so he could analyze it or perhaps even act himself.

Soon enough, he even got an answer; it seemed that the situation was even more severe than he thought.

His father would never answer in a matter of mere minutes, especially now when he was enjoying life and was often "indisposed".

His instructions were actually pretty simple, and it was to gather as much information about the Abyss as possible while staying low. His father hinted that the Abyss, with everything Gu Long found out about it, was probably not related to the Fiends.

His best guess was that it was a subspecies of the Fiends that tore themselves from the Infinite Abyss Universe and wanted to establish their own version of the Infinite Abyss Universe.

Even their naming sense was very much unoriginal...

But according to the analysis of the aura of this place, it was very different from the essence of the Fiends from the Infinite Abyss Universe; nevertheless, this didn't make the situation any less dangerous, or rather on the contrary, it was still dangerous enough.

The Demons inhabiting this place would be especially vigilant against any possible intrusion into their homeland from the side of the Fiends if his father's guesses were indeed true.

Nevertheless, Gu Long then continued his journey through the 1st Layer of the Abyss.

He needed to find some demons so he could extract information from them because, unfortunately, the information in the World of Gods was not enough. Not many summoned demons to the material plane of the World of Gods and those who did...

Only powerful demons appeared and those were typically either too powerful to interrogate or were killed as soon as they appeared by the Gods, who were in constant war with the demons from the Abyss.

Fortunately for the Dragon Prince, it didn't take him long until he encountered some sentient demons. The entire Abyss was swarming with feral demon beasts, mutated magical beasts corrupted through and through by the Abyssal Aura, making them demonic in appearance.

They were even more ferocious, brutal and bloodthirsty than ordinary magical beasts and were around a hundredfold more dangerous. Some of the demon beasts were even comparable to the Beings of Law from what he sensed and were very, very dangerous.

Fortunately, Gu Long concealed his aura enough so they didn't notice him, or else he would be in deep trouble. Demon beasts had constant hundred for blood and flesh, and there were only a few areas where they didn't dare to enter in the Abyss.

Now, after journeying through the wastelands of the first layers for some time, he finally encountered demons, small imps of some kind.

They were small, flying, ugly creatures with two wings, sharp claws, and red skin.

***

Check out my new original for WSA 2024, Star Citizen Online: Isekai Edition!
Only thanks to the patreon and patrons am I able to write and publish anything, so if you wish for the novels to be continued and read advance chapters, support me on the patreon!
PS. Check out my second primary fanfic: Isekai Life as Ōtsutsuki and A Song of Blood and Sunlight and DxD: Seraph God of Destruction
PPS. Check out 7-Day Free Trials on my Patreon for the Euclid-Class Clearance... only thanks to patreon these stories are possible so thank you for your support.
https://www.patreon.com/Trafford
https://discord.gg/vF5qYPBpqF

3