Chapter 558 – The Witch Queen Iggwilv (1)
116 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not every Nashrou was killed in the initial attack because the stronger ones managed to survive, especially those that reached Tier 8s who hid before the Holy Flame could reach them behind the enormous black rocks.

Still, it was a futile attempt to save their life because Gu Long teleported in front of the cave entrance and slashed with his Dragon Slayer Halbert at one of the Tier 8 Nashrous, separating its head from the body.

Gu Long could rival even some initially advanced Tier 9 Beings of Law with his power, his Law Comprehension has long ago reached limits that it could reach as ordinary mortal beings, so the Tier 8 Demons were not a match for him.

Once everyone was killed, Gu Long collected their Demon Cores, which contained their very own essences for later use, and entered the underground cave. When he entered the cave, he didn't use the Ember of Silence and smoothly advanced deeper and deeper.

At the end of the tunnel, there was a huge underground space that was totally empty...

He sensed only one lifeform there performing some kind of Magic Ritual, as the entire space was one huge Ritual Circle that was glowing with ominous purple light. In the middle of the ritual circle, he saw a woman performing the ritual itself.

She was a woman of ravishing beauty, with raven black hair and shining purple eyes, wearing garbs of magic robes, a very high-quality one that even Gu Long wanted to obtain. He also noticed that her power was at the limits of Tier 8 and that she was probably trying to ascend to Tier 9.

For a short time, Gu Long just stood there and observed the woman performing the ritual in curiosity because he knew that her power was much lower than his own. She was no match for him, and even if she reached Tier 9 right now, he could either fight her to escape easily.

Soon enough, a powerful Tier 9 Demon was summoned by her and instantly bound by purple magic chains that rose from the ritual circle.

The magic chains were draining the Demon's Magic and Abyssal Aura while at the same time preventing him from moving.

The woman then came to the Demon and started chanting something in a language that he didn't understand; as soon as the chant was finished, the Demon's previous bulky and strong body started withering before his eyes.

His very own Lifeforce and essence that made him a powerful creature he was was withering in mere moments and the power was being refined and transferred to the woman's body.

While Gu Long wasn't a Magician, nor did he specialize in the Arcane, he received one of the best educations that one could wish for in the aspect of the Arcane. And he recognized that this was a very advanced usage of Necromantic Magic mixed with some Ritualistic Magic.

A very advanced one.

As the light of the ritual circle started dimming, contrary to his expectations, the woman didn't reach Tier 9, nor did she attempt to do so, but her power certainly increased by a great margin.

"Come out, intruder."

She then called out as the purple light of the ritual circled died down completely and she opened her mesmerizing eyes. She knew very well that somebody was observing her ritual, but for whatever reason didn't intervene, so she concluded that the observed wasn't an immediate enemy.

Nor should it be someone from the Abyss because what she did was considered as one of the greatest sacrileges in the Abyss.

Not only did she defiled one of the most sacred sites in the Abyss for her Magic Ritual, but she also killed one of the descendants of the Demon Kings...

Albeit it was one of those who advanced recently and didn't hold much value in the eyes of the mighty Tier 12 Demon King to whom the Demon belonged, it was still a grave offense.

It wasn't offense because the demons cared for their offspring or descendants; far from that, they would often kill them if they failed them or use them for their own devises, but the offense stemmed from that, only it was a direct slap to the Demon King's authority.

"Interesting ritual you had there..."

Suddenly, she heard a male voice and noticed that a heavily armored man appeared from the shadows.

"Dragon?"

She asked curiously because dragons were very, very rare in the Abyss.

"What is doing dragon in the Abyss?"

Demonic Dragons existed in the Abyss, but those lived in the deepest Layers of the Abyss and belonged to one of the strongest subspecies in the Abyss that ruled entire Layers and even produced one or two Tiuer 12 specimens.

"The same could be said about you... what is doping a human in the Abyss? Especially performing the foulest Necromantic Ritualist Magic to usurp the power of the Demons of Royal Lineage?"

The dragon before her asked a question on his own, which made the woman pause in her steps because she didn't think that the dragon recognized what exactly had happened, but apparently, she was wrong.

"Peace, peace... I didn't come to fight."

When he noticed that she was ready to attack at any moment, Gu Long comically put his hands above him as she calmed down hearing that, but she was still ready to cast any spell or attack when the situation called for it.

"I was just curious about the Magic Source while I was traveling to the deep Layers."

The woman raised her brows, hearing that because it was unusual to see someone willingly enter the Abyss and even head to the deep Layers. One would think that the person before her was utterly mad.

"That is either utter madness or..."

She narrowed her eyes at him.

"I am Iggwilv, Witch Queen Iggwilv of the Oearth."

Suddenly, she had a brilliant idea in her mind, but unbeknownst to Gu Long, he had the same idea as her.

"Gu Long, Dragon Prince of Kadath."

Gu Long then introduced himself.

***

Check out my new original for WSA 2024, Star Citizen Online: Isekai Edition!
PS. Check Dune: The Holy Path!
For advanced chapters check out patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/Trafford
https://discord.gg/vF5qYPBpqF

2