39. Life goes on
2k 6 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Caelicetus POV]

'Now how to make it possible to accelerate her healing?', I wondered. She was in very bad shape, physically she was alright but that stopped here.

I could see that her soul was 'damaged' and healing, she would already be healed if she didn't serve as a generator to the entire city for millions of Earth years.

Io fed on energy so potentially making wormholes from here to the Sun should help her recover. 

Granted that I know shit about the Ghidorah physiologies but I can already make theories on what should help her.

I know she suffered greatly but the repeated mention of the 'Great Void' is unsettling. A mystery that I know is bad, apocalyptic on a universal scale if more kinda bad.

I want answers, I'm not a good whale, never thought of myself as such and I will make sure she survives and makes a full recovery. If not at least for what she has done for me and Mom. 

No mind reading or any such thing, first I can't do it even if Al-An potentially could, I will not do it. I kinda respect her…

I summoned dozens of small wormholes leading directly to an area millions of kilometers above the surface of the Sun and where solar eruptions are less likely to happen. She groaned in pleasure, absorbing a part of the energy through her scales. 

I stayed like this for five weeks, sometimes teleporting to the icy surface of Triton to eat the atmosphere and warped back down there. Always maintaining the wormholes.

At the same time, I worked with a group of Astrodelphii to make permanent portals between the different celestial bodies inhabited and claimed by me. Basically Stargate but better and bigger and restricted to certain individuals for use.

The Astrodelphii can solicit, more like pray to me, not really my fault, for me to create a wormhole from point A to point B.

All of this through the hive mind, only when it's necessary they do ask. As if I'm gonna be offended they are essential to all my children but that's why the Stargates it's mostly for them to feel better about themselves.

They can make wormholes to travel through hyperspace, but it needs a squad of hundreds strong, and the jump can barely do Caelum(Mars) Earth a small distance even in the Sol System.

[Protect Lady Io from any harm at all cost and don't hesitate to call me. That's an order.], I informed Corky II, my body glowing gold ready to space jump away. It was routine.

Also, she prefers red suns and thus where the current wormholes lead to. I need to always be on alert, space isn't fixed everything moved.

[At your order, my Emperor.], was her immediate reply. I could hear her bark order in the buzzing background that was in my minds. Never alone, ever again.

It feels so right to have that constant buzz of talking, debates, discussions, sharing, and arguing in the back of my minds.

Something that would probably make a human go insane in less than a minute but I'm waaaayyyy past that point. I could feel the trace of fear and arousal from one quirky male Astrodelphis as he was ordered.

Quirky as in he had machine guns attached to his body, his name S.D.M.G or Space Dolphin Machine Gun… like the weapon in that video game called Terraria. 

He is one of the most 'normal' ones if anyone can qualify as this. Being captured or living in captivity all your life does wonders for mental health. 

They weren't that far behind humans in terms of intellectual capabilities when they weren't 'ascended' as they like to call it. And even if they were 'dumber' that usually has the same result on mental health in animals with a certain level of 'intelligence'.

Anyway.

The little girl's name is Madison. I could have fried her brain when I shut down the hive mind by accident… She takes her current life-changing transformation pretty well; most of the changes are internal at the moment.

I pretty much ruined her life, no, ended her human's life… as I did too many, certainly it was more drastic. As in no life at all.

She will soon enough be part of the hive mind, I'm a monster by human standards at every point, the fact that they are individuals 'worse' than me doesn't matter here. It never did.

I can and did and will continue to toy with the life of others and life, simply because I'm stronger and I'm an arrogant hypocritical nihilistic asshole of a whale and more. It's not a good reason? Yes, it isn't. Never thought it was.

It simply is. Why would a kid have any right to drown an ant colony or a farmer to burn forests to grow soy? It's nature, the ones with powers can decide.

She couldn't connect to the hive mind but I can feel her, where she exactly is, and her general state of emotions.

Maddy hid what is happening to her from her mother. Who only recently noticed that something changed with her daughter… Work first everything after. Not the best mother.

She started to puke blood two weeks ago, not because she was dying her body was purging itself. Pretty gruesome. At least she doesn't pass by the dying step or maybe she will don't know.

I didn't talk to her. If Al-An's words are to be trusted 'It would blow her mind, her head would compress then implode, what do humans call it? Ah! Yes! Like putting rubber bands around a citrullus lanatus. It's all in theory but I seriously doubt a human infant, even a mutated one by your Majesty, can survive a direct conversation with you.'

Ironically it's something I did to one of the handlers but her head replaced the watermelon. The spectacular result was the same thought.

So I don't want Maddy to end like this… She is already treated as an Oracle, let's make this official but first, the transformation must be finished.

*CRACK*

I entered hyperspace and swam around for a bit observing the epileptic and chaotic landscape. Relaxed in this maelstrom, I opened a slip in space that led to the Reverend Insanity Universe and the one connected to it.

But even here I always have my intentions on Io. Maintaining the wormholes making sure no solar eruption happened or other unpredicted cosmic events.

I started with one of my eyes at the old man, a ghost of his past self in more than one way. 

He is dead but alive, magic mumbo-jumbo that I don't fully understand, nor exactly care past the curiosity because it will not exactly work outside of this universe. And only work this way in this one. But how it is installed in this universe will still help me in my project to create my own.

He is a funny guy. Obsessed to find his way home like a certain alien and also with more than a few screws loose but who cares.

I teleported a random piece of rock from Caelum and wrote with them in the void.

-Hello Ben Jie Sun. How has life at the edge of this universe been treating you?

His eyes goes ever so wider, and he smiled. He moved his left hand, and a strange animal that looked like the eldritch spawn of a crane and a starfish appeared.

In the same manner, he wrote in front of the wormhole.

-Good. Boring but good. And you Kae Li Che Tóu Che?

'Ah!? His name is so hard to write… he… he is doing it on purpose. Right… Supreme grandmaster of his art ', I thought amused, the ever so slight and irritating smirk visible on his wrinkled face. Millennial old fuck.

79