51. Recovering
1.7k 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Caelicetus warped Madison back to Caelum and stared into space, he was exhausted. But there was so much to do, and so many things to take care of.

His minds drifted to his injuries, the pain never having left, particularly for the holes in his head, chest, and belly. He took many hits but luckily none were fatal.

'And I lost two flippers… I got out pretty easy unlike everything in that solar system.', the space whale remarked, though for all their worth beyond being aesthetic they didn't serve such an important purpose. 

Anyway, from the tingling sensation around what's left of them they will regrow. The missing limbs were still an annoyance, an organ, the brain in his head was rapidly healing back up but the simple fact that he felt he became 'dumber' so to say when it was shredded, it was quite horrifying.

Beyond having your head stabbed of course. 

'Now what is going on with my body…', he put his full attention on it, he remarked it earlier but it was not the time and what he noticed was strange, to say the least.

Some internal parts of his body were in a strange mix of what appeared to be some kind of energy, that early resembled gravity as strange as it sounded. But it was his body, trying to move the energy it stirred and felt like a malleable muscle in between liquid and viscous.

'This is related to my new pair of eyes… Will it spread as I grow? I suppose I shouldn't really worry… I mean, it's good news.', Caelicetus thought, perplexed and confused. 

It's in moments like that he would like to have in-depth knowledge of the biology of his species if biology is even the correct term to use here.

With efforts he willed dozens of wormholes into existence, one leading to the white dragon on Triton. The wormholes that led to different sums were cut off when he was stabbed in the brain.

Putting the connection back he saw the white dragon shift and shiver, she was crying, thinking it must be some sort of nightmare. Starting at her through the wormhole he made Io float.

Uranium from the deepest part of Caelum was warped, ground to sand, infused with a small amount of Life Energy, and placed below her in a makeshift bed. 

On the Earth of another universe, Poyo slapped a tin can otherwise known as jaeger before he was forcefully warped back home, he barked in indignation but still at the time to take a souvenir in the shape of an arm with a sword.

This was followed by every other of Caelicetus' titans and the Flock he left in another part of this same universe.

All of this didn't come without cost as he was even more exhausted than before. He wanted to take a nap. And so with that in minds, he took half an hour to teleport himself into the super black of the Milky Way, Sagittarius A. 

Going deeper than he ever did before. Feeling the safe crushing embrace of the black hole he fell truly asleep, the Hive Mind still working in the background and he could still speak through it as even in this state of slumber a part of his brains will always be awake.

In one of the vast blue grassland of Caelum.

"Amazing!", Maddison said completely fascinated by what she was seeing. One and half a month passed since her arrival on Caelum and everything was so amazing, fascinating, and fabulous in her mind.

What she just called amazing was a shadowmane pouncing on a two-headed white gazelle-like creature and proceeded to violently reap the two-headed creature's guts out and feast on its bloody inside. The eviscerated creature is still alive and desperately trying to escape.

Behind her was an Astrodelphis calf named Aleana that was staring at what was ongoing with just as much fascination.

Then the ground shook, the telltale of heavy footsteps. Maddison looked to her right and saw the blurry shape of what she recognized as an axolotl but it was blue and with a spiky turtle shell. A metaphorical light bulb lighted above her head.

[Oh that's Poyo, right? Isn't his territory on the other side of the planet.], the hybrid girl asked the calf next to her.

[Hmmm… Yes.]

Nodding Maddison closes her eyes, concentrating as she feels her bare feet leave the ground. Hovering she swayed a bit before stabilizing herself. Levitating was not easy but damn was it one of the best feelings ever.

Same as the other capacity she got, in no way was she powerful for Caelicetus but compared to regular humans she was. But it was against humans and not bullets or nukes and even various chemicals.

The shadowmane lifted its head and growled and ran in her direction. Admittedly she panicked, scolding her eyes and waved her hand a bit too hard. This seemingly harmless action resulted in an audible squelch and crack accompanied by a whimper.

Tentatively looking through her fingers she gasped when the flesh pancake entered her view. It was still twitching. 

"I'm sorry.", she mumbled and flew away. Control was a thing she needed to work on. She could lift the equivalent of a full school bus, admittedly all this force on something alive the size of a horse will have less than positive results on the creature.

"Poooooowwwyyyyoooo!", Poyo barked, a metal arm in his maw, which he was wildly swinging around. Madison stared at the robotic arm, recalling it was from another universe. 

Chuckling, she imagined if others were to learn of this. And she was going to reveal it, she asked Caelicetus in a dream if she could have a phone or something that will let her have access to the human internet and she got a positive answer.

Funnily enough in dreams, the space whale was palm-sized. Caelicetus likes being a titan but it would be a lie to say he would like to be able to change sizes, alas changing size was something for the current him nothing but magic.

This project was on the strange centaur, Al-An, shoulders, and many things needed to be done before it became a possibility without the need of Caelicetus creating a wormhole that would let the signal traverse from Caelum to Earth and vice versa.

Madison wanted world peace, not only between humans but titans too. She was aware that it was far from easy but what was ongoing on the red planet was proof it was possible. 

On the extreme South of Earth, a cold and unforgiving desert of snow and ice, otherwise known as Antarctica. 

Monarch was building a containment site around none other than the Golden Hydra. Humans were running around working, vehicles digging through the million-year-old ice to where the titan should be.

"It's cold as all hell here! Why are we even needed here? It's a building site in the middle of Antarctica what worse could happen where we could even be remotely useful!", a guard asked his colleague,  all over his face behind his mask and goggles specifically made to barely survive the less-than-welcoming temperature.

"Would you please for the love of God shut the fuck u-*CRACK*, did you just hear that?", the man's tone of voice took a 180° turn, from angry to terror.

And frightened he was right to be, luckily in less than a minute he would not be free of this unpleasant emotion ever again nor his colleague will have to suffer through the biting cold winds of the Penguin Empire.

45