2 Legendary Grimoires and Odd Grimoire
344 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Very quickly the week had gone by as Mordred kept herself busy. She helped around the church with random chores that she ended up being terrible at. The only thing she was good at was chopping firewood as when she tried to help with washing the clothes she ended up failing.

She had no idea how to so she ended up damaging them and when they tried to get her to cook she burnt everything. Today was the day they would get their grimoires, but Mordred was once again looking at her failed attempt at cooking.

She was looking at a burnt plate of potatoes.

"What did I do wrong this time?"

Sister Lily coughed as they were basically charcoal.

"You used mana in the flames and flash burnt them."

Mordred sighed.

"Nash told me that magic flames make the good taste better. More flames would have mad it taste better no?"

Sister Lily turned to look at Nash who was shivering.

"W-wy you looking at me like that?"

She just smiled.

"Here, plenty of magic in these."

She gave the plate of burnt potatoes to Nash.

"I can't eat this, they are burnt."

"Eat them."

Nash bit into one of them which turned into dust in his mouth. He spit it out which made Asta laugh at him.

"Did 'magic' fueled fire make it taste better? Did it? Maybe you like magic charcoal flavor."

"Shut it, Asta."

Mordred sighed.

"My bad, I can't cook at all. Never had to before."

Sister Lily did not mind it.

"Good thing we only gave you a small amount to cook. I will cook the rest so just sit down and wait for it."

Mordred sat down at the table as Arlu ran to her side. The little girl had gotten attached to her for some reason.

"Carry me, big sis."

The little girl was fearless so Mordred placed her on her lap.

"Alright then."

Father Orsi looked at Asta, Yuno, and Mordred.

"Today is the day you three. You will soon go get your grimoires and head off to become Magic Knights. Well, at least Yuno and Mordred will."

"HEY! I can do it too."

Father Orsi walked up to  Asta and patted him on the shoulder.

"Asta, there is no shame in admitting when you can't do something. Besides, no one expects you to pass anyway."

Asta looked shocked.

"Are you trying to bring me down or cheer me up?"

Mordred shrugged.

"Give the kid a chance, if he fails he fails. If he passes he passes what matters is trying right?"

Asta looked at her with a smile.

"Thanks, Mordred."

She ruined it though.

"He is still pretty much boned though."

That made everyone laugh as Sister Lily brought the potato dishes.

"Here you go, you three will need your strength so eat plenty."

Mordred, Asta, and Yuno began to eat the potatoes whcih were like always rather bland.

'So dry.'

Mordred drank some water to wash it down.

"Thank for the food."

Sister Lily felt bad.

"For a noble like you, it must not be the best."

"Maybe, but at the moment I am just thankful to eat."

Orsi smiled.

"What a well-mannered young woman."

She still could not get used to that, but she would have to otherwise she would have to stab everyone. Yuno got up as he finished eating.

"Thank you for the food. We better leave early before too many people show up."

"Great idea."

Mordred got up and summoned Clarent which she rested on her shoulder. Yuno noticed that and asked about it.

"You carry that sword everywhere?"

"Of course, I should always be ready for anything."

They ignored Asta as they walked out of the church who followed right behind them.

"I am going too, don't leave me behind."

The three of them began to walk toward the Grimoire Tower which was rather close so they did not walk more than an hour. When they arrived people were arriving in droves from around the region. There were so many that Asta was gawking in all directions.

"So many people."

Mordred and Yuno were walking side by side and a little faster than Asta to try to keep their distance from him. He was not a bad guy at all, but he could be so annoying at times. When he noticed their quick walk he began to yell as he chased them.

"DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Mordred and Yuno slowed down and let him catch up sadly.

"For a second I thought you wanted to leave me behind."

Both Mordred and Yuno looked at him with deadpan looks in their eyes.

"That hurts. you know."

They ignored him as they entered inside where the whole tower was full of grimoires. There were so many that she was quite interested in what would show up. Already many people were looking at her and Yuno as they had a certain air about them.

Mordred especially was drawing the eyes of both genders for her looks and her giant sword. Mostly the giant sword as. A few nobles who were at the event sneered at Yuno, Asta and even Mordred who heard the whole thing. They just made a big mistake.

"Look at those commoners. Their women have no class and they dress so provocatively."

"It's not her fault, she is probibly so poor she can't even afford the clothes needed for a lady."

They both laughed but stopped when they noticed how Mordred was walking toward them. Her grip on Clarent's handle was steel tight as if it were not a Noble Phantasm she would have crushed a regular sword handle.

Suddenly her vast magic aura surged in waves mixed in with her bloodlust. Mordred as a Knight of the Round Table had been in numerous battlefields so her killing intent was truly overwhelming.

The adults all turned to look at who was using so much magic only to see Mordred. As for the two nobles they were about to piss themselves as they had always been cared for by their families.

Most of the people here were just young teens so they were not used to such a release of unrestrained magic aura and bloodlust. Asta and Yuno both looked at Mordred who they saw as a regular if kind of boyish girl suddenly revealed the lion hidden beneath.

When Mordred stopped in front of them she grinned.

"I didn't quite get that, repeat yourself."

They grit their teeth as the blonde one got his nerves back. He tried to use his status to back himself up.

"How dare a commner-"

Before he could react Mordred grabbed him by the face and threw him at his buddy so hard they went flying.

"I am not a commoner you idiots."

She walked back to Asta and Yuno before giving them a thumbs up.

"Don't let the Nobles get to you. Just put them in their place and they shut up."

Asta looked at where the Nobles were laying in a pile.

"Will they live?"

She shrugged.

"Maybe."

Just then the old man who was in charge of the tower used a magic item to boost his voice.

"Well, that was a fine display of power. I am sure you will be given a powerful grimoire young lady."

She gave him a thumbs up.

"Now, welcome to the ceremony young ones. Today for your future you will be granted faith, hope, and love. I am the master of the tower, Drouot. Without further ado let the grimoires choose their destined wielders."

At his words, grimoires began to fly off the shelves toward different people. Everyone felt a connection form between them and their grimoires making them all overjoyed. Suddenly they all had their eyes taken by two grimoires who shined in such bright light many had to look away.

One green one floated toward Yuno who held his hand out for his grimoire and the other toward Mordred. It was surging with mana and when she held her grimoire she understood what it was.

"Phantasm Magic."

She looked at the cover which had 4 Clovers in the middle and around it images of different Noble Phantasms. The pages began to turn on their own as she felt her Noble phantasms be recorded in the pages of the grimoire.

She could still call on them at will, but she could feel them get stronger. The restrictions on Clarent that made it drop in rank were actually gone meaning her physical parameters would rise by a rank when wielding it.

"FUCKING AWESOME!"

Everyone was looking at her with shock that a 4 Leaf Clover had appeared here in Hage. Even more shocking was that Yuno who was next to her had also gained a 4 Left Clover grimoire. Everyone was looking at two legends in the flesh who had legendary 4 Leaf grimoires. Some nobles did not accept that commoners got the legendary 4-leaf clovers.

When Yuno took his grimoire into his hand he announced it clear and loud.

"With this grimoire, I swear to become the Wizard King."

People rushed to both of them wanting to see two future legends. They would for sure pass the Magic Knight's entrance exam and they had the potential to become the Wizard King if they tried.

Suddenly people were distracted by Asta who asked the old man.

"Hey, where is my grimoire? Is it running late or something?"

Druoto cleared his voice.

"Come back next year."

That caused everyone who had been cheering for Asta and Yuno to break out laughing.

"He is so useless that the grimoires don't want nothing to do with him."

"Why did he even come here?"

"I would kill myself if I was him."

The more Nash heard those comments the more sure he felt that Asta should have not tried. He was mad at how they treated his brother like this, but what could he do? Mordred focused on her grimoire and found out she could turn it to spirit form just like her Noble Phantasms.

She walked toward the exit, but she did give Asta one last message.

"If you do give up no one will blame you, but will you?"

Asta blinked a few times before he walked toward Yuno.

"I may not have any magic, but I will still be your rival. I will become the Wizard King, not you."

That just made people think he was mentally retarded. Now just anyone could say they would be above a 4 Leaf grimoire holder when they did not even have a common 1-leaf clover.

Yuno was going to say something, but he sighed and also left with Mordred. Asta saw that and left as well, but not with the two of them. He ran toward the Demon Skull which Mordred noticed.

"I'll catch up."

"Sure."

She walked after Asta as she was really curious about what he would do now. Would he give up or would he persevere and keep trying? When Asta got to the Demon Skull he climbed up a tall tree and hung upside down like a bat for some reason.

Mordred hid her magic signature as she jumped into the same tree without him noticing. She looked at Asta who sighed.

"Damn it. After all this time and hoping for my own grimoire and this is the game Fate plays on me. NO!"

He stood up on the branch and yelled at the top of his lungs.

"NOT LIKE THIS! You may scorn me and laugh at me Fate, but I won't give up. Even if it takes me 1, 2, or ten years I will be the Wizard King. I will show Yuno that I will surpass."

"Wow, you actually did not give up?"

He panicked and fell off the branch only to be caught by Mordred. She was hanging upside down like he was and holding him by his food.

"How long have you been there?"

"Since you were about to cry about not having a grimoire. I just wanted to see how you would react and I am honestly not sure if I should be impressed with your stubbornness or call you an idiot."

"That is harsh."

Suddenly Mordred sensed a surge in hostility and magic.

"I think Yuno is in trouble."

"We have to help him!"

Mordred jumped down with Asta and landed on her feet with him hanging in the air.

"Fine, let's go."

Mordred grabbed Asta and ran activating Mana Burst boosting her speed to insane speeds to reach him faster. Asta screamed on the way, but he did not pass out despite how fast she moved in that state. She lept into the air and arrived in a narrow corridor where Yuno was chained up.

When she landed Revchi turned around to look at her.

"Oh, there you are. Two 4 Leaf grimoires will sell even better than 1 regular one."

She dropped Asta as she pulled Clarent off her shoulder.

"So grimoires can be stolen? I did not know that."

Revchi laughed.

"They can't be used that way, but collectors will pay top dollar. Your sword will also sell nicely."

Mordred pointed Clarent at Revchi.

"It's very sharp and I think I will test it on your neck."

Chains wrapped around Yuno's neck and began to strange him.

"I would not do that, I will kill him. Give me your grimoire and your sword and he can live."

Just as Mordred was about to charge in, she felt a change in Asta. Seeing Yuno being hurt angered him so much that a storage black grimoire floated to him. He was so mad that on instinct he drew a giant sword from it and charged forward.

He was much slower than Mordred, but she just watched with awe.

'Is his grimoire similar to my Phantasm Magic or something?'

Revchi ended up crushed under the weight of the giant greatsword which freed Yuno. He held his neck and coughed slightly out of breath.

"YUNO!"

Asta stored his sword away as he checked up on Yuno. While he did that Mordred walked toward Revchi who was out cold. When she stood over him she drove Clarent into his heart killing him in an instant. Yuno and Asta looked at that with shock.

"Asta, Yuno, learn this. Kill your enemies especially ones like this. Goodbye."

She walked away from the dead body which was bleeding out. If they wanted to be Magic Knights they would have to get used to such an act. She was for one ready to leave and would leave tomorrow.

To her path of a Magic Knight in this world.

12