Heading Off.
335 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Mordred split up from Asta and Yuno she walked back to the church. She swung Clarent to the side in a swift motion to get rid of the blood. Whoever she just killed they most certainly deserved it which was something she might have to teach Asta about.

He was annoying sure, but his willpower was honestly just extraordinary. If he was trained well he would be able to fight while ignoring physical pain and overwhelming usually physically weak mages.

"That is if he has the stomach to kill."

When she arrived at the church everyone was waiting for the three of the. Father Orsi and Sister Lily had asked around for any potatoes that the villagers could spare to make this feast for them. She turned Clarent into its spirit form before she walked inside.

"I am back."

Out of all the kids, Arlu was the happiest as she ran into Mordred's arms again. Mordred smiled as she picked her up.

"Sis Mordred."

Mordred's face turned a little red which made Sister Lily smile. It was almost like she did not just murder someone, but he was evil so it did not count. Father Orsi was confused about why Yuno and Asta were not with her as they left together.

"Do you know when Asta and Yuno will arrive?"

Mordred sat down on a chair with Arlu on her lap.

"They ran into some trouble. Some ex-Magic Knight tried to steal Yuno's grimoire so I stepped in."

That made the happy atmosphere stop. Sister Lily looked at her worried.

"Are Asta and Yuno alright?"

Mordred nodded.

"They are fine and should arrive at any moment. As for the guy, well-"

She did not say it, but the adults understood what she was saying. They decided to not say a thing as it would ruin the festive atmosphere. Orsi for one shook his head.

"At least the boys are alright. Thank you for saving them."

"No problem."

Just then Asta ran in toward Orsi. He held up his new grimoire.

"SEE! SEE! I have a grimoire too. Now you can't laugh at me."

He looked at the book confused.

"You sure that's a grimoire and not some dusty book you found in an alley?"

Tick parks appeared on his face as he backed up.

"I will show you."

He activated the grimoire and pulled out his Demon Dweller Sword to show them all.

"See, see. I have a special grimoire."

They all looked at the giant sword with awe and fascination. Orsi just smiled.

"Well, good for you"

He sat back down as Asta fell over the moon. He did get his grimoire after all and it was a special 5 leaf. It was one more than 4 so it was better, right? Just then Yuno walked in and he looked just fine as well. Venchi did not hurt him much besides the last bit where he threatened his life, but he was fine.

The kids including Arlu rushed to Yuno to make sure he was alright.

"Don't worry about me, Asta and Mordred saved me."

Orsi sighed in relief that he was ok.

"We were worried sick about you. What did the authorities say?"

"There won't be an issue. They took him away."

'His body.'

Mordred thought in her mind. Sister Lily just presented all the dishes she cooked, boiled, fried, in pie, and roasted potatoes. She even made a dessert from it which always seemed to dry out your mouth no matter how it was cooked.

"Dig in."

Mordred did not have to be told twice as her appetite had always been rather large. In this case, she stopped herself from eating as much as she would like if left to her own she would eat everything and still be hungry.

She just ate enough to fill her stomach before she decided to let them know that she would be leaving tomorrow.

"Well it has been a good week, but I think I better head off to the capital. You did say that is where the exam is right?"

She crossed her arms as Orsi nodded.

"Yeah, you can see the realm of the capital from here as it is situated on a giant mountain. The exam starts in 6 months to let the mages who have finally acquired their grimoire to get used to them."

Asta clentched his hands with a big grin.

"Once I arrive I will join and become the Wizard King."

Yuno scoffed.

"As if, for it will be who will be the Wizard King."

Mordred instinctively was about to rest her feet on the table, but she stoped herself.

"Look, you can be Wizard King or whatever, I just want money and foes to fight."

Arlu ran back to her.

"Big sis is strongest. She will be Wizard King."

She had felt Mordred's massive mana pool and the pressure she radiated to the nobles. As such in her eyes no one was stronger than Mordred which made Mordred grin. Asta and Yuno looked at her as a threat, but she just shrugged. Being a King was only appealing if it had been the kingdom she destroyed. Now it had lost it's glimmer.

"Only if it pays well."

Orsi grinned.

"So Yuno or Mordred will be the Wizard King."

"HEY! I am here too."

Asta felt ingored which made Orsi laugh.

"You? More like muscle king. The Wizard King needs magic which you have none."

Asta grit his teeth like a little dog which was just funny. Mordred got up as she began to walk outside.

"Once again thank you for giving me shelter for the week. I think I will set off early in the morning."

Yuno looked at her leaving figure.

"Mordred, would you like to head of together? Leaving as a group will be safer and we can train along the way?"

Asta nodded.

"He is right you know. You are strong already, but wouldn't the jounry be more fun if you had people to talk to?"

Mordred thought of it as she looked at the both of them.

"Sure, we head off at first light. I guess I can teach Asta a few tips on using a sword. I will be outside."

Once she left the church she started to think about what did she really want to do. She had started to belive that she was in another world as everyone had magic. Every single last individual had it which was totally unlike her old world.

Becoming the Wizard King would involve her with the Clover Kingdom which she was going to do as a Magic Knight. She rubbed her head as she sighed.

"Honestly, what am I even going to do?"

She jumped into her favorite tree and hung upside down like a bat. She started to think about all manner of things she could do. She saw Asta doing it and it was honesty kind of fun to do. Most of her short life was centered around the Round Table and Battle so time like this was rare.

As she hanging from the tree Asta ran out and saw her.

"Hey, you took that from me."

She looked down and nodded.

"Helps me think."

Asta understood.

"Yeah, the ideas drop down into your head better that way. I know you and Yuno don't have to worry, but do you think I have any hope?"

Mordred was never one to hide her words so she shook her head.

"Honestly no, but fuck that. Just try your best and prove you can do what magic can't.What that is I have no idea?"

Asta looked down.

"You all try to cheer me up, but fail."

She just laughed as she dropped down and landed on her feet.

"Well, at least you don't get discouraged despite that. Pull your sword out, I will teach you some stuff."

Clarent materialized in her right hand as she pointed at Asta with the large sword. Now that it was unsealed it was a true B rank Noble Phantasm. Asta gulped as he felt the pressure radiate from Mordred. He drew his giant Demon Dewler Sword and held it with two hands.

Once the sword was in his hands she charged toward which Asta barely saw coming. She had not even used the special effects of Clarent or boosted herself with mana. That was pure strength and Asta could barely see it coming.

Asta slashed down with the full strength of his body down, but she merely threw Clarent at him making it stop to block with he flat. When he did that she came close and kicked his legs out from under him causing him to trip.

She stepped on his chest and caught his and her swords and aimed both at his chest. She quickly noticed that Asta's sword drained her mana rapidly, but her own Magic Core was offsetting the amount drained. As long as she breathed her magic reactor would supply her with all the mana she needed.

"See Asta, your sword is both a weapon and a liability. I was never the most skilled at swordmanship, but I used everything at my disposal. Throw your weapon, bunch, kick, headbutt, bite your enemies throat out if you have to."

She stabbed his sword next to his head and stepped off of him. He laughed as he got up.

"Wow, I did not expect you to throw your weapon. Do you think I can do the same?"

"Maybe. You are quite tenacious so work out with even more weight or something. I will train you in sword fighting and unarmed techniques so get used to being tossed on your ass."

She walked away into the village as Asta looked at his sword. He remembered how she threw her sword at him which made him block which cut his line of sight.

'Throw your sword, punch, bite, kick and anything to win is it?'

He returned his sword to his grimoire happy he found someone who could teach him how to fight with a sword. He was all brawn and had never used a sword before so he used it with just his strength.

He ran back into the church to sleep as they would need plenty of rest for the journey to come. As for Mordred she had little need for sleep as her Magic Core was constantly replenishing her magic. That kept her full of energy at all times reducing the amount of time she needed to sleep.

---

Mordred simply patroled the village to pass the time and when the sun began to rise she returned to the front of the church. Asta and Yuno were also awake and ready to leave as they had packed their few belongings.

"So, who is ready to go?"

Asta and Yuno were both fully prepared.

"Born ready."

Before they left Father Orsi decided to give Asta some kind words.

"Asta, just so you know this church shall always be your home. Even if you have to return you can always stay here with your family."

Asta smiled, but he noticed Orsi did not say a thing to Yuno.

"Wait, what about Yuno. You did not tell him that?"

The priest looked away.

"Uhh, he can also come back, but he is guareenteed to join the Magic Knights."

Asta grit his teeth as he swore to show them all.  Arlu ran to Mordred and gave her a big hug. She was crying at loosing her new big sister so fast.

"You have to write me."

Mordred smiled and picked up the little girl.

"Alright, maybe one day you will also become a Magic Knight."

Nash looked at Asta and patted him on the shoulder.

"Well, good luck."

He walked back to the church which made Sister Lily smile.

"Asta, he looks up to you, but he does not want you to get hurt. Do your best."

Tears left his eyes which was just weird.

"Sister Lily, MARRY M-"

"No."

Before he could say anything else weird Mordred grabbed him by the top of his head and clenthced down.

"OW!"

"Stop that. She is a nun and can't marry. Give up."

She used a bit of her strength which made Asta squeel in pain. Yuno looked at his palm and back at how Mordred manged to control Asta like that.

'I must learn this.'

Yuno and Mordred began to walk away from the church as Mordred still had her vice like grip on Asta's head. Orsi, Lily and the kids all waved goodbye as Asta was still screaming.

14