New Sword and Rowdy Morning.
299 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mordred leaned on a tree as she watched what Asta was going to do to pass his own test. He had gotten a lot stronger in the last 6 months as she had pushed him past his breaking point, but he always rose to the occasion. She wondered if he would still be the same even with mana.

'His drive to improve came from the fact he had no mana but would giving him mana take this drive from him or would it just give him even more drive?'

She looked at Magna who had more mana than most commoners, but still less than most nobles. She realized that he was actually a commoner from that fact, but he had increased his max mana amount through sheer training.

"What are you thinking about?"

She looked next to her where Venessa was leaning down to look at her.

"Oh, I was just thinking about Magna. He is a commoner isn't he?"

Veness just smiled.

"How could you tell?"

"His mana. It's lower than the nobles I have seen but higher than the commoners I saw. As for your mana, it is around the level of an average noble. But Yami, he is like an ocean when compared to those spoiled brats."

'She can tell our mana amount from a glance.'

"How can you see magic? That is usually hidden when not in use."

Mordred just smiled.

"Familly legacy. I will tell you later."

Venessa nodded.

"Sure."

They both glanced at Manga who used an exploding fireball and launched it at Asta. She knew that if Asta sliced it the fireball would explode so just as she expected Asta used the flat of his sword to deflect it back at Magna.

This time instead of Asta and Mordred being the ones on fire it was Magna's turn. Everyone turned to the human torch that was Magna who walked out of it barely unscathed.

He crouched over and held his knees for support.

"DAMN! That was a good move. I don't know how you did that, but that was sick. Here, both of you get your robes."

Magna reached behind his back and pulled out two Black Bulls robes that Venessa magically altered to fit them perfectly. For Mordred, she actually managed to weave it seamlessly into her Red Leather Jacket.

Mordred looked at her Jacket which did look better with

She even gave Asta's headband the same logo as the Black Bulls which showed that he truly was a Magic Knight now. Mordred whistled to him catching his attention.

"Good job."

Asta paused before giving her a thumbs up.

"Thanks for all your help."

Yami took a puff of his cigarette as he began to walk back into the base.

"Well now that is over, I am going to take a dump and then sleep. Don't make too much noise, Venessa you take the former king to her room, and Magna you take the shrimp to his."

That caused all of the Black Bulls to turn to Mordred or at least where she used to be as she was gone. She jumped on Yami's back and grabbed his neck in a chokehold.

She squeezed down hard, but Yami had a very thick neck. He was even more muscular than Asta which was saying a lot so Mordred's choke was less effective than if she choked Finral. However, Yami himself was super impressed with her physical strength as even he felt short of air.

'How strong is this girl?'

"Now you must die?"

She squeezed down on Yami's thick neck making him grit his teeth.  He reached behind him and peeled her off of his neck with one harsh tug. He held her in front of him like she was a weightless kitten and glared at her.

"You got a death wish brat?"

She just crossed her arms and smiled.

"Did it hurt?"

"No, I didn't even feel it."

He put her down quite impressed with how much strength her thin arms had. As for her weight, she was barely 100 pounds and her frame was light. He put her down and this time he did go inside. He was even more glad to have gotten Mordred into his squad as she fit right in.

Just as Mordred waved him goodby, Venessa, and Charmy grabbed both of her arms and began to dragged her away.

'Huh?'

Venessa smiled.

"Girls night. You got to tell us about you being a king."

Charmy agreed as well.

"She is right la. I will give you food in exchange."

Before she could say no they dragged her away to the female dorms. Venessa, and Charmy entered into Venessa's room with Mordred. Venessa's room was quite normal except that their was a lot of empty wine bottles and clothes thrown around.

"Alrigtht, you can stop dragging me around. I will tell you."

She sat down on the bed as Venssa and Charmy sat next to her. Mordred removed Clarent from her back and placed it on her lap. Both women looked at the sword that she always carried around with her with curiosity.

Mordred decided to start with the basics.

"Well I was the illigitimote son or daughter it is confusing ok.  All my life I was raised as a son and in secret and told to wear a magic helmet to hide my identity from my father. All my life I looked up to the king as my one idol as they were perfect in my eyes.

My mother, recommended me to join the Knights of the Round Table a group of the most powerful knights in all the land."

Venessa made her stop.

"How long was all this? You are 16 right?"

'Technicaly I am 9, but I am not saying that.'

"Oh, my mother was a powerful witch and used magic to make me grow faster. By age 6 I already looked like this so not a fun back story." 

Charmy offered her a cupcake with a sad look in her eyes.

"Here, food makes me feel better and it should make you feel better."

Mordred took the cup cake and could see it was full of magic. She took a bite and noticed first of all how delicious it was. Second of all was that her magic began to recover rapidly making her look at Charmy impressed.

"Wow, not only does it taste great it also helps with magic."

Charmy's eye shined.

"This is the power of my magic. I keep the squad fed and full of magic."

Mordred saw that as super useful as it was similar to her Magic Core, but it also worked well with it.

Mordred decided to keep going with the story.

"Well I did not know about my linege so I just served without any thought to rebel. However, I was spurred by my mother about who I was so I revealed who I was to the king. It did not go well I shall say as I kind of got mad. They left the kingdom to deal with a foe, and me in my enraged state l did some idiotic stuff.

I crowed myself king, led a rebellion, fought the king, lost, got stabbed in the chest and thought I died. Instead I appeared in the middle of the boonies not dead. Now, I just feel like a morron for listening to that fucking witch. If I could go back in time and kick my own ass I would."

Venessa and Charmy did something weird. They both hugged her tight which made Mordred pause.

"What is this about? I am fine."

Venessa sighed.

"We thought you might need a quick hug. If you ever want to talk we are here."

Charmy nodded.

"If you ever want a hot meal just say so la."

Mordred smiled as she picked up Clarent.

"Thanks for listening. I guess I did need to vent to someone."

Venessa got up and decided to lead her to her room.

"As this is the female dorms it is highly booby trapped to keep the boys out. You can take the room next to mine."

Mordred nodded as she left to her room next door. When she entered she found that it was a decent sized room with a bed, a desk, a window and a shelf for books or anything she might need.

She removed her jacket and sat on the bed. She removed her boots and laid down on the bed with Clarent rested next to her.

"Now what?"

She had trouble feeling the urge to sleep as aftet numerous campaigns where sleeping was a luxury she  had. She looked at the ceiling with her bright green eyes before she materialized her grimoire in her hand. She sat up in her bed and flipped the pages from which only 4 of the pages were full.

'My helmet, my armor, Clarent and Excalibur. So what happens if-'

She summoned Excalibur and rested them on either side of her. As Excalibur was the brother sword of Arondight who is to say she can't use that same connection to summon it. She placed her right hand on handle of Excalibur and began to draw power from the sword alog with her Magic Core.

Both caused the grimoire to float in mid air as it flipped the page and began to write new words in Fairy Runes that even she could not read. She did not have to when the black sword she was thinking of emerged from the grimoire.

(Image here)

She took Arondight into her hands and ran her hand down the edge.

"So, Phatasm Magic is it? What more c-"

Just as she was going to say that she got dizzy and fell on her bed.

'Huh?'

She found that her magic was almost drained which was recovering, but slowly. Turns out that to awaken a new Noble Phatasm takes a great amount of mana. She closed her eyes got to sleep surrounded by three swords.

By the time she woke up it was already the morning causing her to get up with her hair all messed up. She got up and looked herself in the mirror and saw that her hair was down. She decided that fixing it could wait until she took a bath.

More importantly was her new prize. She walked over to her bed and picked up Arondight with shinning eyes. While Noble women would be happy with a jewel or dresses, nothing made her more giddy than a good sword.

"Awesome."

She was just happy to look at it, but that idea was taken from her when she heard a explosion in the distance. She could hear Magna and Luck once again going at it which made her sigh.

Just as she was going to go break them up she heard Yami's booming voice.

"STOP BREAKING MY BASE!"

Followed by more destruction of the base by Yami to build order. She chuckled before she grabbed her swords. Excalibur on her hip, Clarent on her back and Arondight on her shoulder. When she walked out of her room she bumped into Venessa who got into another long night of drinking.

"What are those idiots doing this early? My head is killing me. Oh, hey Mordred."

"Venssa, do you know where the bathes are?"

"We have our own separate one and it is at the end of the hall. I was planning on going their myself, but I think I will eat first."

Mordred thought about it before she decided eating first was better. She needed to eat a lot as to stay at her peek. However Venessa noticed the third sword that was now on her shoulder.

"Is your magic Sword Magic?"

Mordred materialized her grimoire and let Venessa hold it.

"Close, it is Phatasmal Magic. I can summon and create magic artifacts, but making a new one is a thing of chance. I got this by chance."

She motioned with her head, but Venessa noticed the giant smile on her face.

"You really like weapons don't you?"

Mordred nodded.

"Yeah, I guess I do."

Venessa had a idea.

"Later do you want to go walk around the capital. I know some place where you might find some neat magic items."

Mordred decided to agree.

"Sure, will Finral take us? He is our porter is he not?"

Venessa laughed as they walked to eat.

"Yeah. Also do you have any clothes requests. I can make pretty much anything with my thread magic."

"Sure. Anything red, black, or blue. Oh, how about a nice suit. That would be cool to wear."

(Like her dear dad/mom.)

"I will make you all that after breakfast and we get a bathe. Come on."

Already she had something planned for the day.

13