New Pet.
276 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing how other Magic Knights could annoy Mordred kept Clarent on her shoulder in case anyone bothered them. Venessa and Charmy realized very quickly that Mordred was someone who had lived by the sword her entire life so this was just to be expected.

Also, Venessa promised Mordred to take her to browse magic artifacts and weapons so that is where they went. Charmy however decided to excuse herself.

"I will be back later, I have food to eat la."

Mordred looked at the short Black Bull as she ran to a familiar store.

"Does she do that often?"

Venessa nodded.

"Yup, Charmy loves to eat and eat and eat. I know a perfect place for you to find some cool weapons and artifacts you just might like."

Mordred looked at Clarent on her shoulder as she wondered if she could find anything on that level.

"Lead the way."

The first place they stopped by was a workshop where they made weapons and armor imbued with magic. Mordred looked at what they had on display and frowned as they turned out to be props.

'I don't expect much from this place.'

They both entered where a wide variety of swords, spears, shields armor, and the like were spread around. Venessa looked at Mordred who was looking around with squinted eyes before she shook her head. Nothing was on the level of even the lowest rank of Noble Phantasm which was to be expected.

"Everything is crap. Let's go."

Venessa did not think they would find anything as Mordred's weapons and armor were all unique. An assistant boy who was walking around heard that and got mad as this workshop was owned by his father.

"How dare you? This is the most reputed workshop in the capital. My father makes the greatest magic weapons around."

He looked to be barely 10, so he was even shorter than Mordred. His eyes were mad and his little fists were balled up. Mordred raised Clarent and showed it to him.

"Anything below this is crap. Can he make something equal or above?"

The boy nodded.

"Of course, he can. When he-"

"Shut up boy."

From the back of the workshop came out a grizzled middle-aged man with dark brown hair and muscles to match Yami. He had heard what Mordred said, but he came out to see the sword in question. He walked toward Mordred and had his breath taken by Clarent.

"I cannot make anything equal to this masterpiece May I?"

Mordred shrugged and handed him Clarent. Only she could use it now as it was bound to her grimoire. The man took the sword with both hands and observed it carefully. He ran his finger on the edge which was razor sharp. The blade seemed to be made of shining silver which made him smile.

"This sword is a masterpiece. I now know there is more to learn about forging."

He handed Clarent back to Mordred and bowed.

"Thank you."

She just shrugged.

"You're welcome. Venessa we can go."

"Alright."

Both of them left the workshop with Mordred being disappointed.

"I am kind of disappointed with the Magic Forging the Clover Kingdom. Do they not make magic weapons and the like?"

Venessa decided to explain a bit.

"We do, but most people use their magic from thier grimoires instead of magic artifacts. They are more used for utility except for some rare ones. Finding something to match your weapons and armor is probibly not going to happen. Before we go home why not check out the Black Market? You might find something rare."

"Lead the way."

Venessa led Mordred toward a seemingly random ally which Mordred could tell it was an illusion. She walked through the wall with Venessa and appeared in the Black Market.

"Here we are, the Black Market. Every now and then you can find some real treasure."

Mordred pointed at her eyes.

"As long as they have magic I will be able to find something. Let's see what we find."

Just then a man in a dark robe called out to Vanessa.

"Hey Venessa, I got some good stuff for you."

She walked over curious.

"Do you now?"

She looked at items the man had on hand one of them catching Mordred's eye. It was a large egg that had a base color of black with red lines all over it. It even had a small crown of spikes at the top, and the mana within was high.

"Hey, what is that egg?"

He looked at Mordred as he carefully showed her the egg in question. It was about as large as an ostrich egg which made him grin.

"A close friend actually went into the Grand Magic Zone that separates our Kingdom with the other three and squired this. He told me that he found a nest with this sole egg inside without a sign of the parents. He has been trying to hatch it for the last 10 years, but he had no luck so he gave it to me to sell. Intrested?"

Mordred looked at the egg and picked it up. When her hand made contact with the egg she felt her mana drawn inside in waves which supriced her. Her mana was draining rapidly while her Magic Core was replenishing it.

Venessa and the seller watched in shock as the egg drew in Mordred's mana like a black hole. Her mana was bottom dry, but replenshing rapidly because of her Magic Core. She looked at the egg which began to shake and crack.

The seller was shocked as his friend said it had not moved in 10 years.

"What in the hell?"

Mordred still held the egg as the shell cracked apart. She held the egg with both hands as the first piece of the shell fell away to reveal a tiny green eye. The little creature struggled more and more until the top of the egg fell off to reveal the small cub inside.

Mordred had never seen a cuter little lion which yawned in her hands. It's fur was mostly black, with red lines running through his fur. A tiny pair of wings flapped behind it's back while two little bumps were on his face.

"He is mine, how much."

The seller was less than willing to sell as now it hatched. He reached out to take the cub back, but it bit his finger.

"Ow."

He looked at his finger which was bleeding as the cub already had a full pair of teeth. It walked up Mordred's arm to her shoulder before it roared at the man in a cute way. Venessa rubbed the little winged lion's head with a smile.

"Aww, what a cute little guy. What you going to name him?"

Mordred smiled as she rubbed the chin of the lion which closed his eyes to enjoy the attention.

"I have to think of one. How much for the lion?"

The man wanted to charge up the price, but the lion had already imprinted on Mordred. Plus with how much mana it drained from her to hatch it would be hard to control. Magic Beasts like this were not easy to control especially as it was from the Grand Magic Zone.

"100,000 Zul and he is yours."

Mordred looked at Venessa.

"I will pay you back when I get my first paycheck."

"Don't worry about it. We get paid quite a bit as Magic Knights."

She reached into her bag and paid with a couple gold coins which made the seller happy.

"Take care, Magic Beasts like this little guy grow quickly and get rowdy quick."

Venessa just smiled.

"Captain Yami has a few magic beasts as pets so one more won't be too much trouble."

The little cub opened his mouth and burped which shot out a red lightning bolt landing on the seller's shop setting it abalze. It yanwed and curlsed up on the top of her head to sleep.

"MY SHOP!"

Venessa trapped Mordred's arm and dragged her away.

"Thanks you."

The man despretly tried to save his stall as Mordred and Venessa left the Black Market. It was better than to be blames for the fire even if the egg did belong to the seller before Mordred came along. When they were outside Venessa recognized that lightning.

"Isn't your lighting red?"

"Yeah, I think the issue with the egg was a lack of mana. What is a Grand Magic Zone?"

Venessa explained about that.

"They are areas that are so full of magic that the area becomes dangerous. Truly powerful magic beasts call them home and it seems that lion was one of those."

Mordred held Clarent as a mirror to look at the sleeping lion. He was using his wings as a blanket while he wrapped himself up in Mordred's hair.

"He is small now, but I got a feeling he will grow big and strong. My magic is at the level of a captain and this little guy nearly drained me dry. That must count for something right?"

Venessa was now curious what it would grow into in a few months as Magic Beasts grew very rapidly. First they went to Charmy's favorite restaurant where she had already finished her meal. She was sitting in the afterglow of a fine meal.

"Hey, Charmy. It's time to go home."

Charmy turned to Venessa taken out of her food induced bliss.

"Alright."

She paused when she saw the little lion on Mordred's head.

"CUTE!"

Mordred frowned.

"Don't wake him. He just hatched so he is tired."

Charmy nodded.

"He is so precious, what is his name?"

Mordred was still thinking of one and decided on one.

"Atlas sounds good."

Venessa rubbed the sleeping cubs head a little.

"He is tiny, but he will grow big. Come on, let's go find Finral."

Just as they were going to look for him they heard high pitched yelling and turned to look. It was Finral being chased by a bunch of women who Finral bothered. They had their grimoires open and were flinging spells at him.

"COME BACK HERE YOU PERV!"

Finral noticed Mordred, Venessa and Charmy so he ran toward them. He opened a portal under his feet and fell in only to appear next to the three of them.

"We need to go."

He opened a portal in front of them so without question they entered the portal to escape. They all jumped out in front of the Black Bulls base with a painting Finral. He had just gone up to them to flirt, but they had seen him bother a lot of them so they as a group decided to teach him a lesson.

"Women are scary?"

Atlas opened his eyes and looked at Finral. He squinted his green eyes and burped a red lightning bolt that hit Finral on the head. This caused his hair to catch fire which caused him to roll on the ground trying to put out the fire.

"MY HAIR!"

Atlas flapped his little wings and flew protectively in front of Mordred. She held her palms out where he landed. Venessa helped Finral put out he fire which lucky did not damage his hair much. She turned to Atlas who was holding his head high.

"Guess he does not like Finral."

Finral looked at Atlas and got into the lions face.

"What is your deal huh?"

Venessa did not think that was a good idea.

"Uh, Finral. I wo-"

Before she could finish a second red lightning botl hit his hair lighting it on fire.

"AHHHHH!"

Mordred laughed as she walked past Finral.

"Sorry about that."

Venessa once again helped Finral put out the fire, but he just got a fued with the lion. As for Mordred she walked with a smile on her face as she looked at the little winged lion. She thought this was a good day as she never had a pet and she remembered how her father loved lions.

She walked inside the base where she noticed everyone was gathered around a new person. It was a girl with silver hair and she was wearing a Black Bulls robe. Yami turned to look at the lion in her hands with odd eyes.

"So you now got a pet?"

She nodded.

"His name his Atlas, but who is that?"

Yami looked at Noelle.

"Noelle, the other new member besides you and the shrimp."

Mordred introduced herself.

"Mordred Pendragon, this is Atlas."

"Noelle Silva, of the Silva Familly. Part of the clover royal family by the way."

"Well I used to be a king of a country so that makes me a level above you."

Mordred looked at Noelle with a smirk. Noelle looked at Mordred with disbelief.

"How?"

Mordred crossed her arms.

"I might tell you if I feel like it."

Noelle frowned.

"Hey, I am royalty so you have to tell me."

"Well so am I and I don't feel like it."

Mordred even got up and left.

"If I feel like it I might tell you if you really want to know."

Noelle squinted her eyes as Mordred left for her room. Yami laughed as he found that hilarious.

"Just so you know she is not lying."

He left to his own room as it was late at night. The rest of the Black Bulls all scattered to do their own things. That left Noelle with out anyone to tell her what Mordred meant. Safe for one.

She turned to Asta who did something shocking. He ripped off his own shirt.

"WORKOUT TIME!"

Noelle's face went bright red and she slapped the daylights out of him.

"STUPIDSTA!"

Asta was shocked at why he got slapped but she had already ran away.

'What is with her anyway?'

He shrugged and went on to do his own training. He could not miss a single day while Mordred went to take a bath then straight to sleep.

10