Slytherin
248 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There is no imaginary feeling of being seen through, and there is no heavy pressure as he had thought.

The old man's eyes were kind and wise, and the smile on the corner of his mouth looked very gentle.

He noticed Luke's gaze, then smiled and nodded to Luke. Luke did the same. After all, this is not the time for them to greet them with formal etiquette like bowing and all.

Professor McGonagall took out a four-legged stool under the expectant and nervous eyes of the little wizards, and put a dirty and tattered, pointed wizard hat on it.

The auditorium was silent, the old students were looking forward to it, and the new students were apprehensive.

In such an atmosphere, the hat twisted and cracked a wide slit, like a mouth.

Then, he sang...

"You may think I'm not pretty,

but don't judge people by their appearance,

if you can find a hat more beautiful than mine,

I can eat myself.

×××××××××

you may belong to Gryffindor,

where there is hidden bravery,

whose daring, boldness, and boldness

make Gryffindor outstanding;

you may belong to a Hufflepuff,

where the people are honest and loyal, and

the students are stoic and honest,

And not afraid of Hahardork;

if you're shrewd, maybe you'll get into wise old Ravenclaw, and those wise and learners will always meet their comrades there;

maybe you'll get into Slytherin,

maybe you'll be making Sincere friends here,

but those cunning and insidious wizards will stop at nothing, to achieve their goals.

Come and put me on! Don't be afraid!

Don't panic!

In my hands (though I don't even have one) you're absolutely safe

because I'm a fûcking hat!

×××××××××

To be honest, Luke and Hermione beside him frowned almost instinctively the first moment the hat finished singing.

At the same time, thunderous applause sounded in the auditorium.

"I always feel like this hat is the biggest Slytherin badmouthing spot."

Luke couldn't help thinking in his own heart. What does it mean "those cunning and insidious people will stop at nothing."

What made Luke even more helpless was that the Slytherin Academy students who heard this sentence didn't seem to have any reaction. 

Instead, they felt a little proud. There were only a few Several people who consciously or unconsciously frowned at the content of the lyrics, showing some dissatisfaction.

This made Luke feel that he had a long way to go, and he also felt that he could still find a few normal people to help him in Slytherin...

Professor McGonagall stepped forward and looked at the crowd while holding a roll of parchment in her hand.

"Whoever's name I call now, put on the hat and sit on the stool, and wait for the sorting hat to decide your house "

She glanced at the freshmen with sharp eyes, then unfolded the scroll of parchment and said.

"Hannah Abbott!"

Then, a little girl with a ruddy face and two golden braids stumbled out of the line and put on the hat on her head. 

Moments later, the Sorting Hat shouted loudly, "Hufflepuff!"

There was applause from Hufflepuff's table, and the fat ghost near the Hufflepuff table also waved to her.

  ...

"Taylor Barbara!"

Amidst everyone's gaze, a girl dressed in ordinary clothes with long blond hair, but with her head lowered and her face covered by her hair, walked over to the stool and put on a sorting hat.

Suspiciously, the hat fell into silence, as if caught in a tangle.

After about two or three minutes, when everyone was waiting impatiently, the hat finally made a sound.

"Slytherin..."

Luke felt that the Sorting Hat's tone could now be described as uncertain, even puzzled. The sound is also much smaller than before.

And the girl named Taylor took off the hat after she was sorted, and then walked towards the Slytherin table still looking lackluster of any emotion.

The Slytherin students gave warm and restrained applause. Hogwarts will never be short of weirdos, not to mention the fact that she keeps his head down and doesn't talk now, even a student who hasn't talked to anyone for seven years has appeared. 

And Luke looked at the girl suspiciously. In his impression, this girl did not appear in the original book. But he could vaguely feel that this girl might not be simple.

"Luke Gaunt!"

Professor McGonagall called out his name, and Luke came back to his senses and walked toward the stool.

The atmosphere at the scene seemed to make everything more dignified. The surname Gaunt has many meanings. Noble, rich, fierce, terrible...

Not to mention those students who know a little about it, even the teachers looked at Luke with a little more scrutiny in their eyes.

Especially Snape, everyone with discernment knows that the child in front of him is most likely to go to Slytherin, which is the inertia of the Gaunt family.

However, according to Professor McGonagall, the child in front of him seems to be a little different, and I don't know if this will be a factor that interferes with hat selection.

At the Slytherin table, a group of students even looked at Luke with scorching eyes. They all know that the founder of the Slytherin house is Salazar Slytherin, the ancestor of the Gaunt family.

Therefore, they are undoubtedly full of expectations for the arrival of a Gaunt, and of course, they are also scrutinized.

Everyone could feel the peculiar atmosphere that pervaded the entire auditorium. It made Ron, Harry, and even Malfoy look envious.

To be noticed by everyone and become the focus of everyone's eyes, isn't this what children of their age desire most?

And Luke has fulfilled this desire.

Luke picked up the hat and put it on his head.

A small voice came from into his ear. 

"You are such a peculiar child. You have the ambition to change the world, the courage to protect all that is good, the wisdom beyond ordinary people, and the indomitable heart. I'm so tangled, child."

"I'm going to Slytherin," Luke said in his mind without any hesitation. 

" Don't make a decision so quickly, boy, think calmly, I know you have Slytherin blood in you. But I can also feel that in you There is also a master's similar breadth and talent. You are very similar, you are very similar to both of them."

This silenced Luke for a moment. To be honest, he was stunned for a moment. He realized that whether it was ambition or blood, it basically showed that he and Slytherin were naturally bound.

But the hat suddenly said that he was very similar to his master, and it was analyzed from the perspective of breath and talent. Then it means the owner of this hat is Godric Gryffindor...

But after a while, Luke said firmly again: "Slytherin!" 

The hat was silent for a long time: "This makes me like you more. However, since you insist..."

"Slytherin!"

With a shout from the hat, the Slytherin table erupted in huge cheers and applause.

Even Dean Snape was clapping his hands lightly, but a hint of caution flashed in his eyes.

Just as Luke was about to take off his hat, the sound of the hat came again into his ears.

"I can sense your dissatisfaction with me, boy. But I know that's what Slytherin House is now. If you don't like it, then try to change it."

Luke paused and smiled. After a moment, he spoke in his mind.

"That's exactly what I'm going to do."

11