Rune snake
236 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a huge snake.


A big snake with three heads, the left head looks calm and wise, the middle head looks listless, and the right head looks fierce and impatient.


This is a rune snake. It's huge, more exaggerated than what Luke sees in the book. Moreover, the three heads of this rune snake are all intact, and even the battle scars are rare, which is quite rare among rune snakes.


Looking at the big snake with its head lowered, George and Fred invariably thought of another legend of the Gaunt family. Parseltongue.


Luke stood still, staring at the big snake.


When the snake was four or five steps away from Luke, he stood up with the front half of his body, lowered his head at the same time, and stretched his head to Luke's hand.


Luke stretched out his hand and stroked the three heads of the snake in turn. He knows that this is not an act of submission by snakes, because snakes do not have this kind of gesture of closeness and submission. 


As long as he does not attack you, it is considered to be close enough to you. But this is the snake of the magic world, and it's not that much of a surprise that he learned these seemingly humanized etiquettes from anyone.


George and Fred breathed a sigh of relief together, and it looked like they didn't have to risk getting beaten up for help tonight. Because this is a marginal area, although the number of magical animals is quite large, the degree of danger is not high. It's not going to be that dangerous. 


Although the Rune Snake can indeed kill them, it is not a particularly ferocious magical animal. Generally speaking, if you don't take the initiative to provoke them, you will not be attacked.


At the same time, Luke opened his mouth and made a hoarse, low voice.


"What are you doing here?"


he asked in Parseltongue.


The twins behind him also shivered involuntarily when they heard Luke's voice, and it can only be said that the pronunciation of Parseltongue is indeed haunted. It's natural to feel like a villain.


"We felt a touch of closeness, Your Highness, so we gathered, but we didn't expect it to be Your Highness of the Gaunt family."


The head on the left also spoke.


Luke is no stranger to such words and the title of "His Royal Highness". The whole forest around his hut is full of snakes. It is not an exaggeration to say that he saw snakes as if he saw relatives.


"Is there something wrong in the forest recently?"


Luke didn't waste time either. It was naturally one of his goals to come to the forbidden forest to have fun, but it was not for nothing.


"Not yet, Your Highness, but..." the snake fell into deep thought, and said again after a while, "But I remember that the unicorn group has begun to shrink. Their clan is very sensitive to maliciousness, so if you think that If something is not right, then they are the greatest possibility."


"And the timid centaurs! They shrank their defenses early and only sent a small number of people out to hunt. They have the ability to watch the stars, Your Highness, how do you feel? That's right, something is going to happen in the Forbidden Forest!"


The head on the right side added impatiently. After finishing speaking, it also glanced at the head on the left side provocatively.


The left head snorted coldly and ignored it.


"You seem to have been prepared."


Luke looked at the left side of his head strangely.


The left head said respectfully, "Our family was kept in the Forbidden Forest by Lord Slytherin. This is very important. We must pay attention to everything and report it to the highnesses of the Gaunt family."


"It's just that, It's been many years, we haven't seen the figures of His Royal Highnesses."


The head in the middle spoke sullenly.


There was a bit of a hint of resentment in what he said. Luke was a little embarrassed to hear it, but then he thought that it didn't have much to do with himself.


"Then continue your mission, help me keep an eye on the Forbidden Forest, and notify me as soon as possible if anything happens. Is there a way to notify me?"


Luke asked again.


And the head on the left nodded again: "Yes, we could have used the snake to notify you, but these guys behind you seem to like you very much. If it is to send a letter for you, they should also be willing."


Luke turned while looking behind the big snake, it was a group of relatively mild-mannered magical animals, including the tree monkey frog, the fox, the ball duck (dodo), and the tree husk.


"So, what's your name?"


Luke thought that every snake around his house had its own name, even if it was a newborn snake, when it grew up a little, he would ask himself to help name it. This seems to be a Gaunt tradition.


Hearing Luke's question, all three heads were excited.


"We don't have a name, Your Highness. We haven't seen your Highness for many years. We haven't been given a name."


This time, the three heads spoke together. The three pairs of eyes lit up with similar anticipation.


When Luke heard the words, he looked at the three heads, and a wicked smile was drawn on the corner of his mouth.


Nodding the left head: "John."


Pointing to the middle head: "James."


Finally, smiling and touching the right head: "Jason."


"Thank you, Your Highness, for the name."


They don't know these three words so What's the point, but this is the name given by His Highness, and that's enough.


At this moment, a light suddenly came on in the woods, and a dog barked from a distance.


"Who's where! Fred! George! Is it you? There's someone else? Who is it?!"


Hagrid's loud and powerful voice came from afar.


John fiercely opened his mouth in Hagrid's direction, as if he was about to rush over to kill the rude reckless man.


And Luke held it down lightly.


He turned his head and said to James, "Let's go first, pay attention to your own safety, the danger in the Forbidden Forest is enough to kill you, be careful when investigating."


John nodded and then bumped into Jason, who was still grinning. and then leaned down, twisting and quickly crawling to the depths of the jungle.


Seeing that John, James, and Jason had left Luke, the magical animals who had been holding back for a while also rushed forward. They gathered around Luke's feet and looked at Luke curiously. Luke crouched down and played with them.


George and Fred were somewhat nervous as they watched the approaching lights and the barking of the dogs.


"Aren't you going, Luke? Hagrid will be here soon. Although he won't deduct points, he will still be lectured."


George said worriedly.


Luke, on the other hand, patted the head of a lunatic beast and said, "No need, I will come to the Forbidden Forest often in the future, and it would be good to say hello to Hagrid in advance."


George saw that he could not persuade Luke, and looked again. At first glance, not only was he unmoved, but the brother who seemed to want to come over and play together sighed and stopped talking.


"Ha! I knew it was you two naughty bastards! I saw your red hair from afar... What's the matter with you?!"


Hagrid, who had thought about acting like a teacher once again, was shocked by the scene in front of him.


Fantastic beasts are having fun beside the twins. Fred's head was crouched with a tree guard, a squirrel was lying at George's feet, and he was robbing squirrels for the nut in his hand.


"Luke? Why are you here too, wait, is that an Invisible Beast? There are Invisible Beasts in the Forbidden Forest?!"


Hagrid looked at an ape-like creature with silky silver hair covering his body. The playful Apevlooked shocked and the invisible beast was frightened by Hagrid's loud voice and disappeared into the air.


Luke smiled, and said to Hagrid, "we meet again, Hagrid!"

7